[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Sorry, @Wotad, I'm not talking about how it deviated from the novel. What I meant was the execution :)

No problem people can say what they want ofc maybe its only me but heavy sweetness ash book readers made me drop the drama and if i dont leave this thread ill drop ever night as well ;p

I just think people are nit picking but thats just me anyways enjoy the thread ;p

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Saw the clip where Ning Que asked for Sang Sang hand in marriage. Her father asked him as his principal wife? Ning Que said yes. Her father aked whether he planned to take a concubine. Ning Que said he wished to but do not think Sang Sang will ever allowed him.

So cute that he knows her so well.

If NQ really married both SS and MSS. Who do you all think his main wife? We all know SS is his most important in this world. She is his water, the person that he trust the most in this world, she is his everything. They belong to each other and cant exist without each other. So you think NQ will set MSS as a concubine and get SS as his main wife?? It is very clear that NQ's attention in the beginning to have SS as his main wife. Do you think MSS really wanna be NQ's concubine?? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I mean that makes sense if it dropped 0.1 then rose to its original to me that would say that people dont care about the changes . 

As always book readers complain about every single small change and ruin the experience. 

Which is what shows and drama's are supposed to do.. they flesh out characters more on screen. 

People always say that i mean cmon.. MSS is barely a character and people act so dramatic. 

Oh, I dont have a problem w/ MSS. The drama shoehorned MSS into the story longer than expected. Like I mentioned before, SS should not be second fiddle to MSS but w/ the current writing(judging from spoilers/snippets of clips), the viewers most likely would think NQ/MSS are meant to be(which they are not). NQ should have return earlier & not so late, since theres only 12 ep left. Theres needs to be more room for progression/growth for NQ&SS(as a pair&individually) to happen naturally to add depth/weight. Btw, this is criticism of the direction, not the characters.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Wotad said:

No problem people can say what they want ofc maybe its only me but heavy sweetness ash book readers made me drop the drama and if i dont leave this thread ill drop ever night as well ;p

I just think people are nit picking but thats just me anyways enjoy the thread ;p

Plz dont drop the drama, and dont think too much @Wotad, just enjoy the drama, the novel, and this thread, we can create our own version in our dream after we watch the drama n read the novel LOL, like you said people can say what they want, because they care about EN, imagine if the series doeant have any respons huksss... Come on wotad :wub:, dont ruined our beautiful memory watching n reading EN just because what people said on socmed. They are they, we are we...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Plz dont drop the drama, and dont think too much @Wotad, just enjoy the drama, the novel, and this thread, we can create our own version in our dream after we watch the drama n read the novel LOL, like you said people can say what they want, because they care about EN, imagine if the series doeant have any respons huksss... Come on wotad :wub:, dont ruined our beautiful memory watching n reading EN just because what people said on socmed. They are they, we are we...

I still love EN dont worry i wont drop it ;p 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Im just sensitive sorry .. after watching Heavy Sweetness Ash and what those book readers did to that thread.. im just sensitive sorry if i was rude to anyone. 

Youre not being rude, just have different opinions, which is cool. People like/dont like certain aspects of EN & that's alright. Although its best to refrain from saying that people are 'this/that...etc.'

• Like 3

@Wotad no need to apologise, everyone here has the right to their opinions, we as Evernight fans can all agreed to disagree on things/how to drama unfold in to the screen etc. At the end of the day we'll all here because Evernight has somehow invaded our life and we are all learning to cultivate... patience, tolerance, acceptance and for some of us..have the knowledge of the Chinese language so we don't have to wait for subs!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Cheng Chao said:

@Wotad no need to apologise, everyone here has the right to their opinions, we as Evernight fans can all agreed to disagree on things/how to drama unfold in to the screen etc. At the end of the day we'll all here because Evernight has somehow invaded our life and we are all learning to cultivate... patience, tolerance, acceptance and for some of us..have the knowledge of the Chinese language so we don't have to wait for subs!

Well said! You've break the realm of knowing destiny level my friend!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Nope, you are totally right! But, one thing that I like during their fight, NQ was showing his extreme nervousness when he told ss that they will be together no matter what or something like they will be together forever but he have to married first. Maybe I am wrong, when I was reading the novel, I assumed that they are talking about he and her, not mss. Thus, he is nervous. But, at the same time he also thinking to have intimate relationship with mss as well. And another reason, why he cant apply we have to get married first.. but saying I have to get married first, which is quite confusing to me, is because he fears of rejection from ss and worrying that she will run away from him (because he knew SS very well). Another reason, SS still a minor so it is inappropriate to bring in this conversation because he think its not a right moment.

Just my view tho:D

I also wonder if the difficulty for the writer/director is that SS is supposed to be a minor for pretty much the whole of season 1.  It's one thing if this is some youth romance where the couple live with their own families so you can develop a courtship.  But NQ and SS relationship is really quite complicated by the fact that they literally grew up together as orphans but we are not supposed to see them as siblings so they are depicted has master and handmaiden but act like an old married couple.  And some things you can get away in the book but maybe they were wary about what can go through censors for the drama.  Like can they show a full blown romance while essentially living together unmarried and SS being a minor? And NQ-MSS arc felt like the conventional romance story and it's stressful to watch him starting to like her and think of her in a romantic way when we all know what he has at home is more special :D.

And by the way:

Spoiler

In my opinion, NQ & SS acted pretty much the same way when SS got back.  I mean this is a conversation they actually had while he was in the cave soon after they reunited:

" Wait, I have something important to negotiate with you."
Sangsang asked, "What?"
Ning Que replied, "I'm thinking about buying a maid."
Sangsang pointed to herself and asked in confusion, "Aren't I a maid?"
Ning Que smiled and said, "Although you are still my little handmaiden, you are still the daughter of the Grand Secretary. It's all right for you to make the bed for me, but how can I ask you to do that heavy housework?"
"I'm not accustomed to being served."
Sangsang added, "I will feel uncomfortable if someone else lived together with us in Old Brush Pen Shop."
Ning Que thought it over, and replied, "It is indeed uncomfortable."

For me the period covered by season 1 is not really about the romance between NQ-SS but more the realization that their bond is something that is very precious to them and cannot be broken by outside forces as their world expands.  I think it's further on in the novel when SS grows up and comes into her own abilities that you see more of their romance where they actually talk about love and their relationship.

I also wished NQ suffering during the separation was shown more but I also don't understand what they are saying so will reserve judgement until I can watch the episodes with subtitles.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I thought Mo San San was put in to test Ning Que and Sang Sang relationship. Even her name sound so close.

I did not get it the 12 disciples of Fuzi trying to spilt them to Ning Que and San San shipper or Ning Que with Sang Sang shipper.

Even a conversation with Fuzi, he did not think Ning Que and Mo San San is a likely pair.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

If NQ really married both SS and MSS. Who do you all think his main wife? We all know SS is his most important in this world. She is his water, the person that he trust the most in this world, she is his everything. They belong to each other and cant exist without each other. So you think NQ will set MSS as a concubine and get SS as his main wife?? It is very clear that NQ's attention in the beginning to have SS as his main wife. Do you think MSS really wanna be NQ's concubine?? 

Quite frankly, I don't think NQ had the emotional intelligence to have thought this whole thing through :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I also wonder if the difficulty for the writer/director is that SS is supposed to be a minor for pretty much the whole of season 1.  It's one thing if this is some youth romance where the couple live with their own families so you can develop a courtship.  But NQ and SS relationship is really quite complicated by the fact that they literally grew up together as orphans but we are not supposed to see them as siblings so they are depicted has master and handmaiden but act like an old married couple.  And some things you can get away in the book but maybe they were wary about what can go through censors for the drama.  Like can they show a full blown romance while essentially living together unmarried and SS being a minor? And NQ-MSS arc felt like the conventional romance story and it's stressful to watch him starting to like her and think of her in a romantic way when we all know what he has at home is more special :D.

And by the way:

Hide contents

In my opinion, NQ & SS acted pretty much the same way when SS got back.  I mean this is a conversation they actually had while he was in the cave soon after they reunited:

" Wait, I have something important to negotiate with you."
Sangsang asked, "What?"
Ning Que replied, "I'm thinking about buying a maid."
Sangsang pointed to herself and asked in confusion, "Aren't I a maid?"
Ning Que smiled and said, "Although you are still my little handmaiden, you are still the daughter of the Grand Secretary. It's all right for you to make the bed for me, but how can I ask you to do that heavy housework?"
"I'm not accustomed to being served."
Sangsang added, "I will feel uncomfortable if someone else lived together with us in Old Brush Pen Shop."
Ning Que thought it over, and replied, "It is indeed uncomfortable."

For me the period covered by season 1 is not really about the romance between NQ-SS but more the realization that their bond is something that is very precious to them and cannot be broken by outside forces as their world expands.  I think it's further on in the novel when SS grows up and comes into her own abilities that you see more of their romance where they actually talk about love and their relationship.

I also wished NQ suffering during the separation was shown more but I also don't understand what they are saying so will reserve judgement until I can watch the episodes with subtitles.

Good point! Thanks for enligthened me:D

8 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Quite frankly, I don't think NQ had the emotional intelligence to have thought this whole thing through :joy:

What can I say, they have created his character as one of the love idiot now. (Ooppss).

I think the drama is quite nonsense if we think logically:D sorry, this is just my own opinion. No hurt feeling.

• LOL 3

38 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Im just sensitive sorry .. after watching Heavy Sweetness Ash and what those book readers did to that thread.. im just sensitive sorry if i was rude to anyone. 

Dont worry. You have right to voice out your opinion, just like everybody does in this forum:D... Maybe in better way:D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

What can I say, they have created his character as one of the love idiot now. (Ooppss).

I think the drama is quite nonsense if we think logically:D sorry, this is just my own opinion. No hurt feeling.

I choose to see it that the characters are capable of nonsense rather than the drama or novel being nonsense :tounge_wink:.  That's what I actually love about it that no matter how intelligent, talented, or powerful they are all the characters even the supposed masters have their quirks and blind spots.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Hes a big 'ol goofball. He's quite oblivious to things. When it comes to romance, he reads alot like a male protagonist in a shonen/harem anime. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4