[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

39 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

I dont want to see her anymore. And I hope the screenwriter would not add some dramatic scenes like NQ still thinking or missing her after this. Its total clean break up.

Hon, it is better if we see MSS one last time, because MSS needs to see SS-NQ together without other people around them to understand that she is the third wheel between the OTP.

Now that we're moving on and it seems that

Spoiler

NQ will be confined after all, i look forward to the shouting match between NQ and CPP lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Thats good to hear.

The director/writer put way too much emphasis on NQ/MSS. SS shouldnt feel like shes second fiddle to MSS. Viewers probably have the notion that MSS is supposed to be NQ's endgame, which she is not. SS is NQ's life. Hopefully, more cultivation/learning w/NQ&SS.

Just only want to satisfy NQ-MSS shippers, the screenwriter/director changed and added some unnecessary things on the drama. I believe if they sticking on the novel, it would reduce some complicated things and misunderstandings. And of course, make the drama look even better!

Just for fun because I need fresh air:D

Fei Yu: aunt, I think its time for me to move on. Sorry.

Screenwriter: pardon?

Fei Yu: I quit for season 2.

Screenwriter: (shock). What happen?? Lets seat down first and tell me what happen (pulling Fei Yu down on the chair).

Fei Yu: okay. I will honest with you.

Screenwriter: yes. Tell me quick.

Fei Yu: (sigh) I am confuse. Along the drama I was always mistaken someone.

Screenwriter: who?

Fei Yu: between Sangsang and Mo shanshan.

Screenwriter: why?

Fei Yu: Because in the novel its clearly described that sangsang only belong to me and I only belong to sangsang. she is my life, the most important person and the one that I can love. I have engraved all these lines deeply in my heart while reading the book. But, you somehow keep making changes on the script. Now I am confused who is the main lead female and supporting female.

Screenwriter: &-#(@&#+$) (speechless).

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

58 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Hon, it is better if we see MSS one last time, because MSS needs to see SS-NQ together without other people around them to understand that she is the third wheel between the OTP.

I really hope so but after how this drama diminished the NQ/SS relationship. Don't need any more time wasted on more slow motion flashbacks of MSS and NQ or another useless MSS fantasy :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Just for fun because I need fresh air:D

Fei Yu: aunt, I think its time for me to move on. Sorry.

Screenwriter: pardon?

Fei Yu: I quit for season 2.

Screenwriter: (shock). What happen?? Lets seat down first and tell me what happen (pulling Fei Yu down on the chair).

Fei Yu: okay. I will honest with you.

Screenwriter: yes. Tell me quick.

Fei Yu: (sigh) I am confuse. Along the drama I was always mistaken someone.

Screenwriter: who?

Fei Yu: between Sangsang and Mo shanshan.

Screenwriter: why?

Fei Yu: Because in the novel its clearly described that sangsang only belong to me and I only belong to sangsang. she is my life, the most important person and the one that I can love. I have engraved all these lines deeply in my heart while reading the book. But, you somehow keep making changes about the script. Now I am confused who is the main lead female and supporting female.

Screenwriter: &-#(@&#+$) (speechless).

:joy:

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3

OMG, what we have here.  This is what I predicted in one of my old post on page 48.  They are going to end on a good note.  He is talking to SS's father about his engagement with SS.

https://youtu.be/Oci6ebK3rC0

cr: uploader

All the costumes are so good on CFY, especially the one he is wearing in conversation with the emperor. He is looking so handsome in the whole video.:heart::wub::love:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Now that we're moving on and it seems that

Reveal hidden contents

NQ will be confined after all, i look forward to the shouting match between NQ and CPP lol

Thank you:D I will make sure to open my eyes widely during that scene:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

OMG, what we have here.  This is what I predicted in one of my old post on page 48.  They are going to end on a good note.  He is talking to SS's father about his engagement with SS.

https://youtu.be/Oci6ebK3rC0

cr: uploader

All the costumes are so good on CFY, especially the one he is wearing in conversation with the emperor. He is looking so handsome in the whole video.:heart::wub::love:

Spoiler

I love how they were going to set a date for marriage and SS walks in and goes "I don't agree" LOL SS is growing up and making her own decisions 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

You know what, this is what I've been waiting for now. Just saying that I'm disappointed with how yhe drama handled things in epi 47-48, but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one , after reading other forums. Or perhaps I should wait for the eng sub and watch them again? 

I dunno, but now I'm happy that the story moves on.

Haha I thought only me feeling the disappointment on these 2 series:D

But, when I was reading through all the comments dropped by the soompiers in this forum, it makes me happy and I feel like all my comrades are here cheering me up. Thanks guysss:D:D:lol::heart:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, angelangie said:

because they know the reunite of NingSang CP is powerful enough to draw in viewers :D 

SS leaving NQ hit him like a brick. MSS gleefully fantasizes a life w/NQ but gets "bye felicia" from him instead. Pretty hilarious, I snorted. Oh what shame. 

Reading the reactions here is also amusing.

• LOL 4

24 minutes ago, rhaps said:

And they are wrong :P

I can write a long post of complaints about epi 47-48, but I dont want to because things wont change anyway :P

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry to say, but I think they are the worst episodes of EN and the worst way to end MSS's arc. After watching them, I watch epi 37-42 when everything is still so good, and try to forget that epi 47-48 ever existed .

Sorry, guys :P . I'm really disappointed with the scriptwriter and PD. They've ruined a very good plot and chemistry of NQ-SS that have been built since the beginning. I wont say that CFY-SYR's acting are the best, but they've been consistent and have proven that they could give a good performance IF they are directed well. 

True. I really respect great story-telling.

I think the director/writer almost nailed it but decided to focus on unnecessary romance&other aspects, which is a shame(I too can go on about this). Havent fully watched/seen the recent eps so cant make a judgment yet(only seen snippets). Hopefully now, its time to shift gear/focus on cultivation & the upcoming arc. It's good thing that, even w/this mishap, CFY&SS sells NQ/SS as a pair well onscreen.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I can write a long post of complaints about epi 47-48, but I dont want to because things wont change anyway :P

Hide contents

Sorry to say, but I think they are the worst episodes of EN and the worst way to end MSS's arc. After watching them, I watch epi 37-42 when everything is still so good, and try to forget that epi 47-48 ever existed .

Sorry, guys :P . I'm really disappointed with the scriptwriter and PD. They've ruined a very good plot and chemistry of NQ-SS that have been built since the beginning. I wont say that CFY-SYR's acting are the best, but they've been consistent and have proven that they could give a good performance IF they are directed well. 

Plzzzz enlighten me, since i watch it no subs, dont understand why everybody said last 2 eps were so bad?? Because the quarrell between NQ SS was missed a lot from novel? I thought the plot still faithfull with the novel, of course except the fantasy dream from MSS.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Last night, Douban score dropped 0.1 from 7.4 to 7.3, but today it has gone back to 7.4 again. That just tells me that a lot of people are not satisfied. Everything is just so ...unconvincing

Iam not being arrogant here and I just wanna drop my humble opinion after watching the series last night. At the beginning before SS left home, the screenwriter should create or bring in a warmth atmosphere  between NQ-SS moments. The reason is to make the viewers feel the intense, anxiety and anguish because all of us know what happen next. She is leaving soon!! She will run away from home and leaving NQ! At least, I was expecting they are embracing each others on the bed, calmingly and peacefully, just like they used to be. Then, SS wasnt be shaken or doubt with her decision because she thought NQ would be happier with mss than her.

Then early in the morning... She finally disappear from NQ. 

I also expecting the extreme acting, or at least NQ showing his grieveness or grimness while searching for SS!!!! Not only shouting out of nowhere, "hello, sangsang, where are you???" (I dont want to continue my yesterday post):D:sweatingbullets:

And of course, the moments when they are arguing with each other, I WISH I dont see such reactions from SS. As we all know, even though she is only 15 yrs old, but she was described calm, quiet and quite dominant while NQ is very submissive to her and he will do ANYTHING to get her affection. He obsessed with the whole SS's. She breathe, he breathe, she dies, he dies as well. But, what all I have seen yesterday was totally contradictive chacters that they supposed to portayed. Again, please dont bring in mss too much on the scenes and making NQ looks like a love idiot (oopss) during their conversations! Gosh, I need some fresh air now:lol:

• Like 5

Saw the clip where Ning Que asked for Sang Sang hand in marriage. Her father asked him as his principal wife? Ning Que said yes. Her father aked whether he planned to take a concubine. Ning Que said he wished to but do not think Sang Sang will ever allowed him.

So cute that he knows her so well.

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Well..I dont know, perhaps it's just me ?

Hide contents

The plot is correct,  but the 'feeling' is wrong.I dont like it that I sympathize more with MSS than SS. They dont have to make her imagining those beautiful things, because it's too pitiful. I know that NQ-SS should be a couple, and I ship them. But MSS is a good girl, why should they crush her heart like that? 

And I also dont like how SS visiting MSS. Well, for this part, I think I should know what they were saying? I just thought that there was no need for her to do that. That makes her looked kinda ..dunno, pathetic? 

And I also cant feel the love between NQ-SS . The 'revelation of love' part is too short , so it wasnt very convincing. 

Sorry guys, perhaps it's just me :( . I guess I'll just have to rewatch this with eng subs :), perhaps I understand it wrongly

4 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Iam not being arrogant here and I just wanna drop my humble opinion after watching the series last night. At the beginning before SS left home, the screenwriter should create or bring in a warmth atmosphere  between NQ-SS moments. The reason is to make the viewers feel the intense, anxiety and anguish because all of us know what happen next. She is leaving soon!! She will run away from home and leaving NQ! At least, I was expecting they are embracing each others on the bed, calmingly and peacefully, just like they used to be. Then, SS wasnt be shaken or doubt with her decision because she thought NQ would be happier with mss than her.

Then early in the morning... She finally disappear from NQ. 

I also expecting the extreme acting, or at least NQ showing his grieveness or grimness while searching for SS!!!! Not only shouting out of nowhere, "hello, sangsang, where are you???" (I dont want to continue my yesterday post):D:sweatingbullets:

And of course, the moments when they are arguing with each other, I WISH I dont see such reactions from SS. As we all know, even though she is only 15 yrs old, but she was described calm, quiet and quite dominant while NQ is very submissive to her and he will do ANYTHING to get her affection. He obsessed with the whole SS's. She breathe, he breathe, she dies, he dies as well. But, what all I have seen yesterday was totally contradictive chacters that they supposed to portayed. Again, please dont bring in mss too much on the scenes and making NQ looks like a fool love idiot (oopss) during their conversations! Gosh, I need some fresh air now:lol:

Ah i think i get the point, ok i will rewatch them again, thx @rhaps n @Snow Guardian and everybody else that show their POV about last night 2 eps. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Reveal hidden contents

The plot is correct,  but the 'feeling' is wrong.I dont like it that I sympathize more with MSS than SS. They dont have to make her imagining those beautiful things, because it's too pitiful. I know that NQ-SS should be a couple, and I ship them. But MSS is a good girl, why should they crush her heart like that? 

And I also dont like how SS visiting MSS. Well, for this part, I think I should know what they were saying? I just thought that there was no need for her to do that. That makes her looked kinda ..dunno, pathetic? 

And I also cant feel the love between NQ-SS . The 'revelation of love' part is too short , so it wasnt very convincing. 

Sorry guys, perhaps it's just me :( . I guess I'll just have to rewatch this with eng subs :), perhaps I understand it wrongly

It's the writing. The direction incorporated MSS too much into the story, she feels like a fully-realized character, when shes not supposed to be, compared to the webnovel. My current gripe about the show is things happen to abruptly when it should happen gradually as a natural progression.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Reveal hidden contents

38 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I think the director/writer almost nailed it but decided to heavily focus on unnecessary romance&other aspects, which is a shame(I too can go on about this). Havent fully watched/seen the recent eps so cant make a judgment yet(only seen snippets). Hopefully now, its time to shift gear/focus on cultivation & the upcoming arc. It's good thing that, even w/this mishap, CFY&SS sells NQ/SS as a pair well onscreen.

I'm trying to reserve my judgement because I'm going by clips and need to wait for the full episode and English subs but I'm also disappointed. I've been disappointed for a while with how they have handled NQ/SS and their relationship but these scenes are so pivotal I wanted to believe the director/writer would get them right and it doesn't feel like they quite did.  Maybe we had too high expectations because it was written so well in the novel?

Like I said earlier I wish theis was in the hands of a better director/writer.  It would have been one of my favourite drama couples and relationships ever but I just feel like the writer/director behind this didn't "get" NingSang.  Maybe they are secret Ning Que-Mo Shan Shan shippers? Mo Shan Shan's actress' agency slipped them money to make her part bigger? I don't know.  In the later parts of the drama it felt like they were more enthusiastic to portray the cliched tropey- romance between NQ and MSS that doesn't even exist in the novels rather than give the central relationship and OTP (one true pairing) of the story and Sang Sang's character in particular the time and respect the story deserves.

As it stands I still think CFY and SYR were very well-cast as Ning Que and Sang Sang and their chemistry went a long way towards making up for the shortcomings in the writing/directing. I still feel the first 20 to 30 episodes seemed to be superior overall.  It was like once NQ went to the wilderness the drama seemed to lose it's way and focus somewhat with the exaggerated focus on the MSS relationship and MSS character and it impacted the following scenes because it's created something that wasn't supposed to exist in the story in the first place and changed the focus and tone.

I should add as a disclaimer I'm not an authority on the wilderness episodes.  I might be missing important stuff because I'm fast forwarding through all the NQ-MSS scenes with the quickness!:lol::P:lol:

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

Nope, you are totally right! But, one thing that I like during their fight, NQ was showing his extreme nervousness when he told ss that they will be together no matter what or something like they will be together forever but he have to married first. Maybe I am wrong, when I was reading the novel, I assumed that they are talking about he and her, not mss. Thus, he is nervous. But, at the same time he also thinking to have intimate relationship with mss as well. And another reason, why he cant apply we have to get married first.. but saying I have to get married first, which is quite confusing to me, is because he fears of rejection from ss and worrying that she will run away from him (because he knew SS very well). Another reason, SS still a minor so it is inappropriate to bring in this conversation because he think its not a right moment.

Just my view tho:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

It's the writing. The direction incorporated MSS to much into the story, she feels like a fully-realized character, when shes not supposed to be, compared to the webnovel. My current gripe about the show is things happen to abruptly when it should happen gradually as a natural progression.

That is why many viewers feel that the screenwriter was biased against SS. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I think the director/writer almost nailed it but decided to focus on unnecessary romance&other aspects, which is a shame(I too can go on about this). Havent fully watched/seen the recent eps so cant make a judgment yet(only seen snippets). Hopefully now, its time to shift gear/focus on cultivation & the upcoming arc. It's good thing that, even w/this mishap, CFY&SS sells NQ/SS as a pair well onscreen.

Haha you better savoring cultivation than romance:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Last night, Douban score dropped 0.1 from 7.4 to 7.3, but today it has gone back to 7.4 again. That just tells me that a lot of people are not satisfied. Everything is just so ...unconvincing

I mean that makes sense if it dropped 0.1 then rose to its original to me that would say that people dont care about the changes . 

As always book readers complain about every single small change and ruin the experience. 

19 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

It's the writing. The direction incorporated MSS too much into the story, she feels like a fully-realized character, when shes not supposed to be, compared to the webnovel. My current gripe about the show is things happen to abruptly when it should happen gradually as a natural progression.

Which is what shows and drama's are supposed to do.. they flesh out characters more on screen. 

9 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

That is why many viewers feel that the screenwriter was biased against SS. 

People always say that i mean cmon.. MSS is barely a character and people act so dramatic. 

w/e back to not commenting again.

Literally one of the most faithful adaptions from China and people still complain.