[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

9 minutes ago, stucked said:

Why does it feel like 3rd sr sister is speaking to all of us here as well? :D :D :D It’s as if she’s saying, “ You all made the choice to watch this drama so you all need to live with your choices, whether NQ becomes flirty w/MSS or abandon SS. You all made the choice so you lot should live with it. Do all mah sisters here agree?” LOL :D 

Well said LOL, gun in my head!

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie thanks for translating the clip. :wub::wub: Their bond must be stronger now and it makes me so happy. :heart:

NQ actually ignored MSS. She saw him not come say hi. Karma is really good I Cdrama. When she spoke to SS, she was smiling and happy once the conversation ended. Lol lol 

Nahhh, she didnt wear her glasses, so she dont know who's coming LOL

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks so much for everyone's updates :heart:  I am catching up with everyone's posts now.

I have not watched yet but browsing Weibo reactions and to clarify apparently the twirling scene was MSS imagination (not NQ) according to C-fans and the screenwriter.

They shouldn't have had that part at all in my opinion :phew:

Thank you! :) And yeah, they shouldn’t have added that part. It’s just pure fanservice for all NQ/MSS shippers who haven’t really read the novel. Scenes like that do take away some important parts that should’ve been included in the drama in the first place. And @Snow Guardian  you have to breath sweetie.. relax... hahaha! :D  I like your passion. You’d probably beat some sense to the scriptwriter if and when you happen to see her. I bet Mao Ni would have a word with her too, if he knew what’s been change with his novel. HAHAHA.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Nahhh, she didnt wear her glasses, so she dont know who's coming LOL

But she didn’t wear her glasses when he said goodbye to her @epinklyn either. I believe she knew it was him. Don’t forget she is a cultivator, so she should know. Lol or I am hoping she does 

• Like 1

At this point, MSS needs to leave the picture. She's been afforded way too much unnecessary screentime that doesnt help NQ/SS grow into eachother gradually/properly nor gives depth/moves the plot foward. There's only 12 ep left so hopefully the director/writer executes this growing relationship/realization between NQ/SS well. There's so much left to cover, I dont want EN to feel anticlimatic/rushed.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

But she didn’t wear her glasses when he said goodbye to her @epinklyn either. I believe she knew it was him. Don’t forget she is a cultivator, so she should know. Lol or I am hoping she does 

Oh when NQ come to see MSS and didnt say hi, I think it was so far away from MSS seat. Different with the goodbye scene, it was near, and NQ called her, right? But i think you are right, MSS can feel that was NQ who came but didnt say hi, but since she knew NQ might have some difficulty that cant be told and shared, she then didnt call him too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stucked said:

Thank you! :) And yeah, they shouldn’t have added that part. It’s just pure fanservice for all NQ/MSS shippers who haven’t really read the novel. Scenes like that do take away some important parts that should’ve been included in the drama in the first place. And @Snow Guardian  you have to breath sweetie.. relax... hahaha! :D  I like your passion. You’d probably beat some sense to the scriptwriter if and when you happen to see her. I bet Mao Ni would have a word with her too, if he knew what’s been change with his novel. HAHAHA.

Hahaha... Maybe because I also a writer, therefore, I dont like a man (especially the main lead) who cant stand on his own ground and doesnt know how to make his own choice. Thanks for the concern:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i think we can safely deduce that Mo ShanShan will be leaving the scenes after this point.....after NingQue said his goodbye there shouldnt be any connection in between them.....as after this....

FuZi will be confining NingQue to the back mountain with SangSang unless the production decided to change the setting again.

Thats good to hear.

The director/writer put way too much emphasis on NQ/MSS. SS shouldnt feel like shes second fiddle to MSS. Viewers probably have the notion that MSS is supposed to be NQ's endgame, which she is not. SS is NQ's life. Hopefully, more cultivation/learning w/NQ&SS.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i think we can safely deduce that Mo ShanShan will be leaving the scenes after this point.....after NingQue said his goodbye there shouldnt be any connection in between them.....as after this....

FuZi will be confining NingQue to the back mountain with SangSang unless the production decided to change the setting again.

MSS will appear one last time before she leaves tang empire.  She will leave for her great river kingdom via passing thru NQ/SS house where she will see both of them eating noodles while chatting. 

Dont type Sangshan, its sang sang :blink: 

Hope the love arc between NQ and SS don't be so awkward as the script involved too much mss nq love scenes.

A soompier posted a clip from ep.54 I suppose, where they discuss about taking revenge on xia hou, SS tells her opinion which usually is not the case.  Here she tells nq what to do, the pros and cons when involved in the fight with him.  At last she is upgraded to give him advice outside the house affairs. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Screen shots of SangSang leaving NingQue crazy monkey 029

cr: as tagged (From Weibo)

Hide contents

I loved how SY acted here. When she rubbed her head on the house’s door, it’s as if saying goodbye to an old friend and the way her hand lingered on the shop’s signboard (written/designed by NQ) shows her attachment to it coz that’s THEIR HOME - NQ and hers. Lastly, when she looked back and you can see in her face that look of determination to save her pride as she finally leaves NQ. Yeah. I’m sad coz she’s sad but I am mighty proud coz she finally took that first step for herself. Our baby’s all grown up and being an adult - ditching toxic guys and taking alimony. :) 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

At this point, MSS needs to leave the picture. She's been afforded way too much unnecessary screentime that doesnt help NQ/SS grow into eachother gradually/properly nor gives depth/moves the plot foward. There's only 12 ep left so hopefully the director/writer executes this growing relationship/realization between NQ/SS well. There's so much left to cover, I dont want EN to feel anticlimatic/rushed.

I have been reading all the updated comments, and you got my point!:D

I also found that, NQ supposed to be the one who knowing well "who is the most important person in his life". No need to be reminded by people around him to tell him that. I truly love the novel because NQ was described as, he doesnt need anyone to tell him "who is his life", and there is no one can replace SS in his life. Not even MSS. Very contradictive with the drama. Therefore, NQ wasnt even hesitate to follow SS to the underworld if SS died or be killed someday. When he realised SS left him, he even thinking of killing himself for the first time if he couldnt find her. But, I dont see a strong desperation and desire in those scenes. Maybe I expect too much:D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

lols sorry that was a typo....didnt meant to do it intentionally....it happen as im switching in between tab :D 

I know. Now that we have finally evicted Shanshan from season 1, no more Shanshan's.  That too we should not connect it with Sangsang. 

• LOL 3

Besides the slight issues of direction,/writing, I really appreciate & praise CFY & SY for their admirable chemistry & acting w/eachother as NQ&SS. Their relationship feels so natural & believable. It's been awhile since Ive been engrossed in characters & their journey together in any drama. Hopefully this season ends in a goodnote.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, angelangie said:

so how many on SangSang team :D and how many on Mo ShanShan team :D it is pretty obvious huh? :D 

also can i say again how ridiculous i found 2nd brother hat is?????

laugh leaf

cr: as tagged

Wherever second brother goes, I will follow:lol:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 3

Why they wasted so much time to say goodbye. I mean for real what is wrong with them. All they had to say wa BYE BYE BYE FELICIA. The whole Flashback was unnecessary for him to say Goodbye. They wasted two to three minutes on this goodbye. I am truly happy this is goodbye and kinda cold. 

I am glad they didn’t have write a bunch of Calligraphy Letters for her. 

NQ drunk and mentioning Sang Sang . Lol lol  He is so miserable and she is too. My poor SS.  That sure know how to hurt our Sang Sang. Why are they both so dumb???SMH SMH 

This is why I was complaining about the long goodbye . I knew we would have to wait next week for SS taking care of NQ. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

37 minutes ago, stucked said:

I loved how SY acted here. When she rubbed her head on the house’s door, it’s as if saying goodbye to an old friend and the way her hand lingered on the shop’s signboard (written/designed by NQ) shows her attachment to it coz that’s THEIR HOME - NQ and hers. Lastly, when she looked back and you can see in her face that look of determination to save her pride as she finally leaves NQ. Yeah. I’m sad coz she’s sad but I am mighty proud coz she finally took that first step for herself. Our baby’s all grown up and being an adult - ditching toxic guys and taking alimony. :) 

I love Song Yi Ren as Sang Sang so much!  If I watch Season 2 it will be for her.  LMAO @  ditching toxic guys and alimony.  Yes, our Sang Sang is an independent lady:D

35 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

I have been reading all the updated comments, and you got my point!:D

I also found that, NQ supposed to be the one who knowing well "who is the most important person in his life". No need to be reminded by people around him to tell him that. I truly love the novel because NQ was described as, he doesnt need anyone to tell him "who is his life", and there is no one who can replace SS in his life. Therefore, NQ wasnt even hesitate to follow SS to the underworld if SS was killed someday. When he realised SS left him, he even thinking of killing himself for the first time if he couldnt find her. But, I dont see a strong desperation and desire in those scenes. Maybe I expect too much:D

Don't worry.  I totally understand your feelings about how this adaptation has handled things :)

43 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

The director/writer put way too much emphasis on NQ/MSS. SS shouldnt feel like shes second fiddle to MSS. Viewers probably have the notion that MSS is supposed to be NQ's endgame, which she is not. SS is NQ's life. Hopefully, more cultivation/learning w/NQ&SS.

THIS!  

24 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Besides the slight issues of direction,/writing, I really appreciate & praise CFY & SY for their admirable chemistry & acting w/eachother as NQ&SS. Their relationship feels so natural & believable. It's been awhile since Ive been engrossed in characters & their journey together in any drama. Hopefully this season ends in a goodnote.

Yes, I have my certain issue with the writing/directing but CFY and SYR were a great choice for the characters with wonderful chemistry.  I do wish they were in the hands of a writer/director with a better understanding and appreciation of the characters and NingSang's love (and much less MSS:rolleyes:) more in line with the original novel but nothing we can do about that now<_<

I'll cross my fingers that they can do justice to their relationship with the few episodes left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, raziela said:

I love Song Yi Ren as Sang Sang so much!  If I watch Season 2 it will be for her.  LMAO @  ditching toxic guys and alimony.  Yes, our Sang Sang is an independent lady:D

Don't worry.  I totally understand your feelings 

THIS!  

Yes, I have my issue with the writing/directing but CFY and SYR were a great choice for the characters with wonderful chemistry.  I do wish they were in the hands of a writer/director who had done a better job with the characters and their love story more in line with the original story but nothing we can do about that now.  I'll cross my fingers that they can do justice to their relationship with the few episodes left

You got the point here. The casts are excellent and the problem here is the aunt screenwriter:bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hello everyone  I am going to bed now. Can’t even keep my eyes open now. So very tired. I just want to say keep this thread alive. So When I wake up I get to read your thoughts or what you wish to happen in the next episodes.

I stayed up to watch the episode I wanted to see the most. 

I find that watching my drama’s a second time brings me so much clarity that I didn’t see when I first watched it. So after watching second time once I wake up. I willl fill this thread with my perspective of each episode. So see you later. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2