Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

In EP 12 !!!

Infinite Everlasting Lamp protect the Light Palace Hall.
So they can't use energy to fight in the Light Palace Hall.

You will see that:Long Qing is protected by the lamp. in EP 12    about  10:02

Lots of details in this drama. If you have read the novel you won't be confused.
you won't say like 'wtf' or 'whats going on' when you watch some moments.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, owawa said:

In EP 12 !!!

Infinite Everlasting Lamp protect the Light Palace Hall.
So they can't use energy to fight in the Light Palace Hall.

You will see that:Long Qing is protected by the lamp. in EP 12    about  10:02

Lots of details in this drama. If you have read the novel you won't be confused.
you won't say like 'wtf' or 'whats going on' when you watch some moments.

If I read the novel, what chapter would we be in right now? is the flow same as the drama? Are there english translations of the novel?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I really wonder how strong Ning Que will get and if Sang Sang will get any powers ;p 

@Wotad.... I think Ning Que and Sang Sang has a bond formed by growing up together. 

Spoiler

in episode 11, we find ou that Sang Sang was very sick as a child and explains that Wine is what cured Sang Sang. 

I think they bonded spiritually and through their own energy. Almost like Yin and Yang.  

What do you think ??

Episode 11 made me tear up guys... I am watching it with subs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad.... I think Ning Que and Sang Sang has a bond formed by growing up together. 

Hide contents

in episode 11, we find ou that Sang Sang was very sick as a child and explains that Wine is what cured Sang Sang. 

I think they bonded spiritually and through their own energy. Almost like Yin and Yang.  

What do you think ??

Spoiler

Maybe that could be the reason maybe the wine is not actually the cure but Ning Que. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad

You might be right. By the way is episode 12  Special an extension of episode 12 or do I need to watch episode 12???  

I watch some scenes but I need subs so baldy

Episode 12 Special is that episode 0 40min special you was posting a few pages back they just subbed it, its the prologue. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 1:39 PM, lynne22 said:

Ze Tian Ji's adaptation is Fighter of Destiny.

Reveal hidden contents

It is a somewhat decent adaptation considering the time it was made when the book was not finished, but it's not that good either. The romance in the drama is quite good it's breezy and calm, Divine Empress is amazing, it's just the story is lackluster because they want to cram 600+ long chapter and I mean LONGGGGGG CHAPTER into 1 drama. 

Better read the book. You can look up Ze Tian Ji / Way of Choice in gravity tales website. They're the licensed translator. This one is better translated than Jiang Ye imo. 

I find that both Jiang Ye and Ze Tian Ji at its core are stories about youth, growing up, and choices we make a long the way... it's a concept as old as time and inspiring all the same. 

@stella77 Wow! You're very lucky..... here in Indonesia.. it's impossible to find translation of Chinese novel... Most of the story I read came from Novelupdates recomendation, and the translation quality differs one to another... Sigh... 

Hi!

Sorry, I re-read your prev post and you've mentioned that Ze Tian Ji is Fight Break Sphere. I read it too quickly and I thought that you were talking about 2 dramas. I have tried watching FBS, I couldnt get interested, eventhough I like Wu Lei. The atmosphere of the drama just wasnt attractive to me. Perhaps I'll try to read the translation instead, thanks!

@stella77, yeah it's hard to find a good and completed translations. I also only rely on the ones on the internet. Regarding Ever Night, I just hope that the translations will be finished until the end of Season 2 before the drama begins. That's why I wont be dying to know what will happen there.

Btw , about the poll for MSS vs SS, who wins? *LOL*. I'm curious.

12 hours ago, stella77 said:

Because subs for episode 9 was a little messy, I am waiting despite that I see episode 10 is up. Anyone seen it and are the subs messy too? 

I found the subs decent on vikii ?

Anyway, I checked the novel translation about the video from @lynne22, and found that the conversation was  longer. That was one of my fave parts in the novel :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

What do you think ??

Yeah.

There is more about how NQ treats SS. I hope the drama will explain it in the future episodes, because the novel  did. He indeed really cares about her

• Like 2

@rhaps no, Ze Tian Ji’s adaptation is not the recent Fight Break sphere. It’s Luhan’s Fighter of Destiny from last year. (Not recommending this either)

I don’t watch FBS hahaha... I don’t like the book. But I think both suffer from cramming too much chapter into the drama, and changing too much. A lot of book to drama adaptation suffer this kind situation :(

LOL the convo was great. 

@UnniSarah

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

What do you think ??

Spoiler

Sang Sang’s body is colder than average person. That’s why SS had to do chores and move a lot to retain body heat, so she won’t get ill easily. 

That’s why NQ gives her wine, and she ends up liking wine so much. Because it helps with her body heat. 

Everyone think NQ is cruel by making her doing chores while t in fact he’s not... it’s for her own good. 

I does look like he’s enjoying her taking cares of him now.. But if I think about it... if Sang Sang is not unwilling judging from NQ’s attitude he would have think another way for her. And SS is willing because they’re family...... they took care of each other 

NQ is the one that raise her and takes cares of her since she’s a baby. What SS can do today, is what NQ taught her. They’re family..... 

It warms my heart when I think about it. :wub: 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps no, Ze Tian Ji’s adaptation is not the recent Fight Break sphere. It’s Luhan’s Fighter of Destiny from last year. (Not recommending this either)

I don’t watch FBS hahaha... I don’t like the book. But I think both suffer from cramming too much chapter into the drama, and changing too much. A lot of book to drama adaptation suffer this kind situation :(

LOL the convo was great. 

@UnniSarah

Hide contents

Sang Sang’s body is colder than average person. That’s why SS had to do chores and move a lot to retain body heat, so she won’t get ill easily. 

That’s why NQ gives her wine, and she ends up liking wine so much. Because it helps with her body heat. 

Everyone think NQ is cruel by making her doing chores. But in fact he’s not... it’s for her own good. 

I does look like he’s enjoying her taking cares of him now.. But if Sang Sang is not unwilling judging from NQ’s attitude he would have think another way for her. And SS is willing because they’re family...... they took care of each other 

NQ is the one that raise her and takes cares of her since she’s a baby. What SS can do today, is what NQ taught her. They’re family..... 

It warms my heart when I it. :wub: 

Ah I see.

I watched a bit of Fighter of Destiny, and I actually liked it a bit more than FBS . But I only watched bits and pieces of it (aka the fighting scenes). I have problems with the acting :p

@UnniSarah

The one that I wanted to mention in the previous post was already mentioned by @lynne22 in the spoiler :P

Yeah, everyone thought that NQ was cruelb but actually, he made SS do the house chores,  in order to make her moving around to warm her body. She has been having a sickness, that is her body is cold ( in the beginning episodes, we saw SS got cold and NQ warmed her feet ) because she lived in a bad environment since she was a baby.

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

@rhaps 

Spoiler

Omg! That scene....  :wub: 

NQ's doting eyes when he looks at SS while warming her feet... aghhhh.. don't it make you smilee??? SS slept with such a happy smile....   I had the biggest grin when I look at that scene.... :wub: 

And in another scene, when he gave her wine.... I can't remember the episode... he ask her "Does the wine taste good?" with another doting eyes.... arghh.....  so sweet... and SS replies back with the sweetest smile too...

So sweettt.. so sweet.... :wub:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Reveal hidden contents

NQ's doting eyes when he looks at SS while warming her feet... aghhhh.. don't it make you smilee??? SS slept with such a happy smile....   I had the biggest grin when I look at that scene.... :wub: 

And in another scene, when he gave her wine.... I can't remember the episode... he ask her "Does the wine taste good?" with another doting eyes.... arghh.....  so sweet... and SS replies back with the sweetest smile too...

@lynne22 and @rhaps Thanks for the info chingu.

Spoiler

I do agree these scenes just warm my heart so much as I watch these two together. He dotes on her a lot. But we must admit that Ning Que is also changing as he meets other woman. His attitude towards her changes but his protectiveness doesn't change. I especially loved this scene 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5be77946454a333459

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, coffeereads said:

If I read the novel, what chapter would we be in right now? is the flow same as the drama? Are there english translations of the novel?

A novel become a drama there are many differnet moments .The novel is slow ,the drama is fast! And some moments is very very hard to show in the drama!!! 

I think , the novel is more interesting!

https://mechamushroomtranslations.wordpress.com/jiang-ye-informationindex/

Jiang Ye  is Ever Night.

• Like 5

Grand Priest of Justice had said that the Infinite Everlasting Lamp is weak at this moment (in EP 10 about 12:30).So the Lamp can't protect the person who belong to the Light Palace Hall as usual.But the Lamp still forbid the energy,no one can use  energy to fight at the Light Palace Hall.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, owawa said:

No , I just say that about EP 12.LOL!!

No wonder..I've watched ep 10 but I dont remember that part. I've watched part 12 in raws, so still waiting for the eng sub 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Reveal hidden contents

@lynne22

Yeah, NQ seemed really care about her when he warmed her feet.

I also like the fact that NQ didnt seem too care, but got really annoyed when someone bothered her (in epi 10/11, IIRC, when a guy bumped her, while they were going to see the result of the entrance test). 

Oh, and the part when NQ was late on the 1st day to the academy was also funny. He complained because SS combed his hair, while SS said that NQ was overslept *lol*

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

21 hours ago, rhaps said:

No wonder..I've watched ep 10 but I dont remember that part. I've watched part 12 in raws, so still waiting for the eng sub 

@rhaps  Have you watcged Episode 12  Special??? Only check the spoiler box if you saw the Special.

Spoiler

Who do you think is the child of Hades????  I suspect the baby that was taken from Ning Que's household the day everyone was assasinated. The Identity of the baby is Sang Sang. LOL LOL I maybe right

• Like 2
  • LOL 2