[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

10 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Cpp says 2 people are looking for him. One is a guy and another one is a girl. I assumed from this trailer:

@Snow Guardian   If you don't want to know who it is don't click on spoiler tag..    :D:D    I would look since I love spoilerssssssss 

Spoiler

It is Tang Xiaotang ( Demon Sect) who comes to Chang Ahn. 

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Snow Guardian   If you don't want to know who it is don't click on spoiler tag..    :D:D    I would look since I love spoilerssssssss 

Hide contents

It is Tang Xiaotang ( Demon Sect) who comes to Chang Ahn. 

I am so happpppyyy with your spoilersssss:lol::lol: luckily its not mss. Fuihhh... Wat a relief.

• LOL 3

Thanks very much @satanghaesolim for the clip translations. A lot of us have been anticipating these episodes but it will be a while until subtitles are available so your translating the clips is appreciated :heart:

I can't remember her name but I like Sang Sang's friend from the Red Sleeve brothel. I like that Sang Sang has a girlfriend to talk to and that girl speaks sense! 

And just an appreciative moment for Chen Pi Pi because he is so adorable and a good friend to SS :)

15 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

Thanks for your concern:D It took around 15mins for the electricity on again. 

When I saw the scene where sangsang was eating with her parents, and her mom purposely poured out the soup on her feets.. when her parents finally confirmed she is their daughter... I cried. Its soooo touchingggg... Its good that both of them sincerely love sangsang:tears:

Yes, that was one good thing seeing SS reunited with her parents.  They are good people so I'm happy for SS.  It also means she has options for the first time in her life.  Previously even if she wanted to leave NQ she had nowhere to go but now...

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

Now I see why I like about epi 45-46. I like it because these episodes showed conflicts between NQ-SS. Their relationship is far from ideal, especially if we compare it to dramas in general. Still, I like it because it is not cliche and predictable and, more over, it has 'depth'. 

Now, the writer and the director have to make this part right, that is, NQ's 'learning curve' on romance . If it's done right, then the whole MSS arc will end satisfyingly. Afterall, EN (Season 1) is mostly about the growth of NQ. 

Thanks @satanghaesolim for the translation

@angelangie, yeah ..the drama overdid MSS's part and NQ-SS's quarrel . This conflict is already complex enough, and adding unnecessary things will make the viewers get the wrong ideas

You are right the writer and director will have to do NQ's realisation of his feelings for SS right to justify all the nonsense and changes they made.  I want them to succeed so I can enjoy what's left of the drama but not really sure if I trust them anymore tbh...we will see...:mellow:

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

And About Sang Sang..

My fav quote from this episode is : Sang Sang is not a concubine. Sang Sang is Sang Sang. Young master's Sang Sang. :tears:

Hide contents

She's growing conscious... I like it... and also how she slowly but surely starts to show her independent side. 

The script writer changed the last scene where it is now SS that ask NQ about MSS... it's weird at first.. but the more I think about it.. the more I like it.... you can see by her words and body language just what she's going to do later on...

Oooohh this convo is so awkward... its different with the book.. but I think we still see that NQ is gauging her reaction.. he's considering her..... at least this took him out of his in the cloud reaction because of MSS kiss *facepalm* LOL

So I can accept this scene. 

Yeah... I agreee... sigh... personally for me if it still retains the heart of the story I will try to be satisfied. It was just some instances like yesterday that I feel triggered LOL... 

I'm glad to see Sang Sang have to think about and explore who she is and where she fits into NQ's life especially now he is clearly thinking about bringing another person into their little world.  That's one of the reasons I like her having girlfriend as she can talk to her in a way she can't talk to any of the other (male) characters.

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

@lynne22, I'm annoyed too with how NQ scared her and SS got scared. I mean, the drama have shown how close they were when they were together, so why should make things ackward again? This is the one that makes me 'confused'. I'm confused with the scriptwriter + PD 's intention. What did they want really?? They've weaken NQ-SS by adding sweet scenes of NQ-MSS, then went back to the book by NQ becoming warm to SS, but then they set them apart again??? 

While I think the actors have done a decent job, I'm so not satisfied with the scriptwriters and PD. 

About SS asking NQ first, I'm still conflicted whether I like it or not. But one thing that I like is his ackwardness to discuss this with her. It just showed that he realized that something was not right to discuss this with her at that time , and how he still havent sure about how he felt. 

The writer and director's intentions are very confusing...

I'm not really sure how I feel about the changing of the conversation about MSS either.  Once again it changes the dynamic of the scene and the relationship from the novel-_-.  However I do like what @lynne22 said: that SS asking the questions is also an indicator that SS is already starting to make her decision.  I liked the realistic awkwardness too and the fact that NQ starts the conversation and then chickens out.

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, this part.  Actually I skipped this part in the novel.  Did he really not ask SS, how she spent her time when she was alone for 6 months?  Did she not encounter any danger?  Coz in the drama,  he does not seem to care at all and whenever she tries to talk to him, he just ignores her.  He is just in cloud nine esp. After that kiss from MSS.

NQ is selfish and self-absorbed when it comes to SS.  SS has always been there and so devoted to him it doesn't even occur to him that she might have her own feelings or issues she needs to discuss.  He is so wrapped up in his own world and feelings.  He's been absent for 6 months and doesn't even so much as ask SS if anything happened when he was away.  Look at the whole hug scene: SS is clearly upset, she is trying to tell him something but as soon as he gets his hug and made himself feel better, he is happy and leaves (after giving her some more chores :rolleyes:)

I just want Sang Sang to leave and go live her best life with her nice new family!  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks very much @satanghaesolim for the clip translations. A lot of us have been anticipating these episodes but it will be a while until subtitles are available so your translating the clips is appreciated :heart:

I can't remember her name but I like Sang Sang's friend from the Red Sleeve brothel. I like that Sang Sang has a girlfriend to talk to and that girl speaks sense! 

And just an appreciative moment for Chen Pi Pi because he is so adorable and a good friend to SS :)

Yes, that was one good thing seeing SS reunited with her parents.  They are good people so I'm happy for SS.  It also means she has options for the first time in her life.  Previously even if she wanted to leave NQ she had nowhere to go but now...

You are right the writer and director will have to do NQ's realisation of his feelings for SS right to justify all the nonsense and changes they made.  I want them to succeed so I can enjoy what's left of the drama but not really sure if I trust them anymore tbh...we will see...:mellow:

I'm glad to see Sang Sang have to think about and explore who she is and where she fits into NQ's life especially now he is clearly thinking about bringing another person into their little world.  That's one of the reasons I like her having girlfriend as she can talk to her in a way she can't talk to any of the other (male) characters.

The writer and director's intentions are very confusing...

I'm not really sure how I feel about the changing of the conversation about MSS either.  Once again it changes the dynamic of the scene and the relationship from the novel-_-.  However I do like what @lynne22 said: that SS asking the questions is also an indicator that SS is already starting to make her decision.  I liked the realistic awkwardness too and the fact that NQ starts the conversation and then chickens out.

NQ is selfish and self-absorbed when it comes to SS.  SS has always been there and so devoted to him it doesn't even occur to him that she might have her own feelings or issues she needs to discuss.  He is so wrapped up in his own world and feelings.  He's been absent for 6 months and doesn't even so much as ask SS if anything happened when he was away.  Look at the whole hug scene: SS is clearly upset, she is trying to tell him something but as soon as he gets his hug and made himself feel better, he is happy and leaves (after giving her some more chores :rolleyes:)

I just want Sang Sang to leave and go live her best life with her nice new family!  

Very true. I hope the almighty aunts had made some adjustment for this scene by letting sangsang away for awhile and not returning to NQ too fast. NQ is selfish jerk who is obsessed with ss, who is selfish towards ss, and somehow I feel that he only takes ss for granted. Hopefully after flying to cloud nine yesterday, and today there would be heavy winds blow him away and he fell down to yanming lake:lol::lol:

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

When I was reading your comment, I was like "mmm good" and suddenly a question pop up at the end "who is blackie?", LOL:lol:

You dont know him? Have you seen him being killed in front of NQ's shop?

Yeah I remember him.  His screen time was so less, I dont remember his character name.  When I saw the name "blackie", i was like where did this english pet name came from?:D

• LOL 3

Tonight spoiler

https://fx.weico.net/share/48513086.html?weibo_id=4317068512008579

Spoiler

I am longing for the SS leaving NQ, scene of CPP shouting that SS is NQ Peng Ming Wu, he was shouting in the desert something? This scene should be like an awakening for NQ, to realize that in his life and heart there is only SS, SS only... After that should be the good bye scene MSS-NQ (yeayy finally)...

Edited by epinklyn
Editing word LOL
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I agree that NQ is selfish, but I think he noticed that SS was still sad, after he gave her a present. Then again, he has asked her several times whether she missed him or not, tried to talk to her etc2..but she just didnt talk much. I see it more like he noticed something was off, but there was no use to ask her further because she wouldnt tell anyway.

Actually, NQ reminds me of my brother and sister :P  . They would do the same, if they were at his place, because they'd feel that there's no use to ask me if I dont want to say anything. My best friend's husband is also like that. Yes, they are not too sweet ,  but that doesnt mean that they dont care and dont pay attention to people they care about. They just choose to give their attention to something (that they consider) bigger, like make ends meet or asking friends to protect the people that they care about. 

I still think that NQ is very selfish.  It's not like he just hasn't seen her for a few days or weeks.  He hasn't seen her for 6 months! Anything could have happened.  If he truly cared he would try harder to figure out what was wrong or listen to what SS was trying to say.  If SS isn't talking then why not ask CPP, the Goldfish gang, the Princess, the girls at the Red Sleeve? He doesn't even ask her what she got up to during his absence.  Fact is he doesn't really care enough to find out because he is too absorbed in himself (and MSS).

Thanks for the behind the scenes @epinklyn  Seems like there is a great atmosphere on set.  CFY bullying SS and CPP actors in real life too :lol:  From their interactions you would never think there is such a big age gap between SYR and CFY!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, rhaps said:

Now I see why I like about epi 45-46. I like it because these episodes showed conflicts between NQ-SS. Their relationship is far from ideal, especially if we compare it to dramas in general. Still, I like it because it is not cliche and predictable and, more over, it has 'depth'. 

I'll put this into spoilers for those who havent watched epi 45-45 :

Hide contents

I agree that NQ wants to have them (SS-MSS) both. He is a represntation of real life men :P , who is not ideal but, in my case, is understandable for his current situation. First, SS is still very young and their relationship is like a family all this time. Secondly, he has nobody to teach him what to do and what's right or wrong, nor he has a very good example around him. So, he has to learn things by experiencing them, including romance and how to treat girls

I cant expect him to be sensitive towards SS's feelings (when he arrived at home), because he has used to tell her everything. Now, there is this girl that he likes, why cant he bring her home and show her to SS? 

He is also too preoccupied by other things, like learning to cultivate and get revenge. Recently, he lost someone precious to him and he even joined to devil. All of his efforts to enter the Academy could be lost, and he could even be chased by the Good sect because of that.  With all of this happening to him, I dont think he has the time to take a look into himself and analyze what he really feels about girls or how complex SS's heart is. 

Now, the writer and the director have to make this part right, that is, NQ's 'learning curve' on romance . If it's done right, then the whole MSS arc will end satisfyingly. Afterall, EN (Season 1) is mostly about the growth of NQ. 

Yeah i agree NQ is so selfish, after he got what he want (hug), he just left and tell SS to finish her chores #sigh, what a typical men, dont care what happen on the household when they were leaving near or far, short or long term, they just happy that they can see their love ones is there, and back to daily rutines #doh!

But i also agree from @rhaps POV about NQ' selfishness. So NQ is just a typical of most men ups 18 years old boy, with a heavy burden on his back and sorrowfull life. And at the end of the day after a long long journey, he came home and he just want one warm hug from SS...

@raziela LOL Agree with you! Never think there is a big gap of ages between them LOL 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@lynne22 SMad. :D :D :D Totally sum up my feels with the recent eps. And if not for everyone's spoiler goodies I would be more of Mad (mostly at NQ of course LOL)

I didn't watch the most recent ep (I plan on binge-watching it this holidays :D ) but I browsed IG (and some spoilers here as well hehe) and NQ-SS reunion has this bittersweet (mostly bitter of course) feel to it. It's like you're in the drama, you know what's gonna happen but you don't have the powers to knock some sense to this insensitive brat named NQ. And you can't hug poor baby SS just to ease some of the pain/loneliness she's feeling at that moment. I actually felt crappy after seeing their reunion, I teared up. HAHA.

I mean, they're finally together after a long time, they are in this small space yet you can see that a vast distance has formed between the two. They're in the old brush shop, their supposed home yet the two of them felt so different as if they're strangers. It's like NQ is there but not totally, which is the worst thing that can happen to SS. I still remember how she imagine NQ is beside her and just happily talk about how her days pass to this imaginary young master. But when the real one appeared, he felt like a stranger to her. Okay, a lump is forming in my throat now. *Hides and sobs*

However, sad this may be, I think this will catapult them to finally mature and grow as individuals, especially SS. And when I say SS, I meant drama SS. Novel and Drama SS has just become so opposite, it's funny. LOL.

Also, SS may not have good-looking guys fawning over her (unlike NQ's harem) but she has found her parents - nice, kind and loving, which for me is waaaay better than having her swarmed with suitors (I'd love that too just to richard simmons off the brat NQ but I know it ain't gonna happen so.. LOL) and she has the loyalty of Chen Pipi.

By the way, thanks @satanghaesolim your choice translations of the recent eps are the best and yeah, made me tear up more.

I'm still catching up with the pages so go on and discuss and spoil us more. :) By the way, where is @thartie <---my spirit animal LOL. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yes, he is selfish.

But he still remembers to buy her a present? :P And he still remembers that she wants that since she was a kid , even when he is already infatuated by MSS. And I think SS herself didnt ask what he has been doing for 6 months, and didnt know that he almost died in the battle vs the horse gank. It is understandable, though ..because she is sad because of MSS. But NQ has his burdens too, like Xia Hou and the Demon sect, as well as MSS, of course.

Actually, that's why I love them. They are 2 young people who are still growing and still needs a lot to learn, like learning to appreciate the people around them and to communicate. They are also kids who have been living a harsh life, so perhaps they only consider how to survive and forget about those little things that seemes to be unimportant. So I really wish that the scriptwriter and Director can show us their growth correctly

@rhaps Ah you really really something... I cant agree more, they two were just happy they can still meet again in a healthy condition... Hmm well for SS a little bit not happy with the MSS present in their house LOL

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah i agree NQ is so selfish, after he got what he want (hug), he just left and tell SS to finish her chores #sigh, what a typical men, dont care what happen on the household when they were leaving near or far, short or long term, they just happy that they can see their love ones is there, and back to daily rutines #doh!

But i also agree from @rhaps POV about NQ' selfishness. So NQ is just a typical of most men ups 18 years old boy, with a heavy burden on his back and sorrowfull life. And at the end of the day after a long long journey, he came home and he just want one warm hug from SS...

@raziela

7 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yes, he is selfish.

But he still remembers to buy her a present? :P And he still remembers that she wants that since she was a kid , even when he is already infatuated by MSS. And I think SS herself didnt ask what he has been doing for 6 months, and didnt know that he almost died in the battle vs the horse gank. It is understandable, though ..because she is sad because of MSS. But NQ has his burdens too, like Xia Hou and the Demon sect, as well as MSS, of course.

Actually, that's why I love them. They are 2 young people who are still growing and still needs a lot to learn, like learning to appreciate the people around them and to communicate. They are also kids who have been living a harsh life, so perhaps they only consider how to survive and forget about those little things that seemes to be unimportant. So I really wish that the scriptwriter and Director can show us their growth correctly

You both make good points! He definitely is a typical man. I think I'm harder on NQ because SS pain is so visible to the audience and I hate seeing her hurting. As a female I think most girls can empathise to some extent with how SS is feeling in these scenes :(

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, raziela said:

I still think that NQ is very selfish.  It's not like he just hasn't seen her for a few days or weeks.  He hasn't seen her for 6 months! Anything could have happened.  If he truly cared he would try harder to figure out what was wrong or listen to what SS was trying to say.  If SS isn't talking then why not ask CPP, the Goldfish gang, the Princess, the girls at the Red Sleeve? He doesn't even ask her what she got up to during his absence.  Fact is he doesn't really care enough to find out because he is too absorbed in himself (and MSS).

Thanks for the behind the scenes @epinklyn  Seems like there is a great atmosphere on set.  CFY bullying SS and CPP actors in real life too :lol:  From their interactions you would never think there is such a big age gap between SYR and CFY!

Yes. That's why I called him selfish jerk. And i think tonight I will see him falling down to yanming lake. Seriously, SS should stay away from NQ at least, for few days. Too bad, NQ was injuried and she has to come back and taking care of him as usual. Sighhh...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I am dying want to know in the drama, how does NQ feels while he was touring around chang'an city with mss??? 

Could the almighty aunts showing their mercy to us by explaining his thoughts and feelings clearly??? 

Does he ever thinking about ss, at least miss her a bit??? He had been away for such a long time and separated with SS, but once he returned, they both act like strangers. Especially with mss in between their relationship and trying to enter their world:tears::tears:

Seriously, whenever I heard mss's name. I would freak out and feel like being haunted by those anxious feelings:bawling: (hopefully tonight I wont dream about her).

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Yes. That's why I called him selfish jerk. And i think tonight I will see him falling down to yanming lake. Seriously, SS should stay away from NQ at least, for few days. Too bad, NQ was injuried and she has to come back and taking care of him as usual. Sighhh...

I agree he is very much a selfish prick but his love and need for her to be by side FOREVER is very touching @Snow Guardian.  This kind of affection can be toxic but in NQ's case it isn't toxic. SS has doted on him like forever and she loves him to pieces. Something inside him make him worthy in her eyes. He does do kind things but it is always in the shadows where no one can know about. Everything he does is always in the shadow. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I love everyone's discussions it helps me to understand and accept the reasoning behind the drama changes better:) Thank you!

Spoiler

I also found the reunion of NQ-SS really really sad. SS looked really intimidated by MSS. It was like her home had just been invaded by a bunch of aliens.  It was sad seeing her running away and hiding  and crying while making the noodles.  Props to CPP for being a loyal friend, he even tried to cheer her up by saying they should commercialize the desiccated sour and spicy noodle soup ball to make some silver. Eldest brother was giving all the credit to MSS for helping NQ break the realm successfully. But CPP said that it was all due to the sour and spicy soup noodles he was eating at that time which may have reminded NQ of SS.

NQ is still treating SS like a young child he thinks that a simple toy can make her unhappiness go away.  Or maybe guys think that there is no problem that a gift can't solve LOL.

SS parents are really sweet even the Zeng's servants were sweet and welcoming. 

I liked scenes with SS in these last two episodes they are showing SS's thought process from trying to accept and imagine life with MSS and her role and position and not liking it one bit.  In the next two episodes it should be SS finally deciding that she doesn't want to live in a situation with MSS and finally rejecting the idea coming up with an alternative and running away (and becoming a problem child LOL).  I think this thought process is done better than the novel.

I have also accepted SS running away from devil NQ. After thinking about it it's more realistic to be scared. If some one you knew suddenly became a vampire and showed you their fangs I guess no one wouldn't be scared LOL.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hello hello, what is this?

They are asking questions based on this weeks episodes for a chance to win a prize the black thing in the picture. The rest is the broadcast schedule and VIPs get 6 episodes in advance.

Some of the questions

Spoiler

When SS went to the Zeng household what gift did she bring/

What gift did MSS give to SS?

Where did NQ go to search for SS?

Ho many eggs did NQ find in the rice container?

When NQ is writing how many brush pens are there

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1