Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks again for translating!

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. I fast forwarded the queen's and the princess' scenes. Even if the subtitle comes later, I will still fast forward them. It's disappointing, honestly . The battle in the wilderness should be epic, and we should have reached NQ.vs LQ's part, if it werent because of them.

I hope the next arc wont be like this. It's such a pity if they dont focus on the next arcs and keep on mixing the story with other supporting characters.

Yeah, I hope the drama also mentions that NQ has thought about proposing SS. And I also remember that, at the part when NQ went almost 'insane' after SS left home, he went to see MSS. But before he really met her, he stopped and went to another place by himself instead. This just showed me that, in the mids of his confusion and restlessnes, he knew that MSS was not the one that he wanted to see. Finally, he realized that :P

Yeah. SS drama is sweet and loyal, and she cries more than the novel version. I'm still okay, actually, although I found some of her crying scenes unnecessary

SS is someone who "wears her heart on her sleeves" which I find endearing. She has a big personality so her energy level matches perfectly with NQ's brashness. 

I like that SS cries, maybe because SY cries believably well or I just really like emotional characters. SY executes it perfectly on que because not too many actors can cry how SY does as SS. 

NQ is a bit restrained in terms of his emotions(ex:crying), so seeing SS openly express herself balances the differences of the two. I like the variation in terms of personality&attitude, so both NQ&SS compliment each other very nicely onscreen. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@rhaps  @satanghaesolim... You guys, the spoilers put me in such good spirits. Keep it up chingu's. Thanks for the translation @satanghaesolim You are the best..... 

There is one more thing about this issue that I wish to be shown in the drama :sweatingbullets: :

The Brothers and Sisters also knew about NQ hanging out with MSS, so they held a 'meeting' to discuss about who was the best girl for him (SS vs MSS) . Because they couldnt decide, they told CPP to ask NQ about which girl that he wanted *LOL* :joy:

• LOL 6

Wow , wow @rhaps

Spoiler

I am glad someone decided to ask him instead of pushing him with MSS.  MSS is a very nice girl but she is no match for him. He needs a rational girl, someone who can make the logical choices because he can be way to hot headed. 

Mit reminds me of the scene with LQ and NQ. LQ threatened NQ but SS was smart enough to tell her master that NQ was right. That Pretty faces brain doesn’t work well. Lol lol I love how she flattered him to well so he can walk away. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:

Reveal hidden contents

From what I remember MSS and SS only meet once in the novel. MSS comes back to Chang-an with NQ and the eldest brother and they stop by the Old brush house.  MSS and SS don't speak to each other.  MSS's first impression of SS was that SS looked ordinary and not so beautiful. I think MSS was a little surprised that NQ had such affection for such a plain looking girl.   After reading the chicken soup calligraphy MSS had already pretty much fallen in love with the writer and she is curious about the person Sang Sang in the note.  NQ mentions SS a lot as my Sang Sang and MSS wonders if she can change his style of addressing Sang Sang.  But I think MSS knows very early on that NQ doesn't like her enough.  When NQ rejects MSS, MSS drives past the Old brush house and she sees NQ and SS talking and having dinner and she realises that NQ and SS have already created their own world a long time ago and she leaves.

So in the novel, MSS is also a nice girl who really likes NQ and still wants to be with him but already kinda knows it's a lost cause but still tries to get close to him.  This up to around chapter 400.  I think they meet again later after NQ and SS get engaged.

Spoiler

Finally not a annoying female.. i mean literally every female becomes jealous and vengeful etc..

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

This note is the one which made MSS to fall in love with NQ even before seeing him and as to curious who exactly SS is.

Also another point i did not expect that CPP's heavely pill is the turn around for NQ to open up his acu points for cultivation.  He was so desperate meeting big shots to help him in the cultivation, but the young member of the academy helped him, though.

I dont think it was the pill but rather the phoenix.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I think I'm late, because I've posted here once that I didnt have any problem with LQ, but now I do . Yeah, he is annoying :lol:

And, I think NQ and LQ are both shameless, in a different kind of way *LOL*. LQ is shameless because he is so full of himself ( 'I'm so cool and I'm the coolest so why cant you like me' kinda thing ). On the other hand, NQ is capable, smart, practical, and realizes his own weaknesses, to the point that he is not affraid to let the enemy knows that 'you are better so I wont fight you because I'm going to loose' :P . Usually in other stories/dramas, the male leads wont admit that openly and maintain their dignity :lol: 

Yes, I also find NQ likeable that way. It's amusing to have a male lead like that :sweatingbullets:

@angelangie, about 2nd Brother's hat, I think I kinda like it? *LOL* . Yeah it's too tall, but it looked decent :lol:

I love that about NQ its better then him fighting and almost dying and getting saved by some random crap. He reminds me of Luffy from one piece a bit but Luffy obviously wont run away ever ;p

41 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

SS is someone who "wears her heart on her sleeves" which I find endearing. She has a big personality so her energy level matches perfectly with NQ's brashness. 

I like that SS cries, maybe because SY cries believably well or I just really like emotional characters. SY executes it perfectly on que because not too many actors can cry how SY does as SS. 

NQ is a bit restrained in terms of his emotions(ex:crying), so seeing SS openly express herself balances the differences of the two. I like the variation in terms of personality&attitude, so both NQ&SS compliment each other very nicely onscreen. 

Yeah they are the ying and bang they both balance each other to make a amazing duo. 

11 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Wow , wow @rhaps

Hide contents

I am glad someone decided to ask him instead of pushing him with MSS.  MSS is a very nice girl but she is no match for him. He needs a rational girl, someone who can make the logical choices because he can be way to hot headed. 

Mit reminds me of the scene with LQ and NQ. LQ threatened NQ but SS was smart enough to tell her master that NQ was right. That Pretty faces brain doesn’t work well. Lol lol I love how she flattered him to well so he can walk away. 

Oh yeah i hate it when other character's push the MC with another female. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Wotad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Finally not a annoying female.. i mean literally every female becomes jealous and vengeful etc..

I dont think it was the pill but rather the phoenix.

It should be both : the phoenix and the pill. IIRC, the phoenix melted his 'channels' and his body was going to create new ones, but he was too weak and was going to die. The pill didnt just strengthen him, but also helped him to form the new channels. Please CMIIW, I dont really remember the detail

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

There is one more thing about this issue that I wish to be shown in the drama :sweatingbullets: :

Reveal hidden contents

The Brothers and Sisters also knew about NQ hanging out with MSS, so they held a 'meeting' to discuss about who was the best girl for him (SS vs MSS) . Because they couldnt decide, they told CPP to ask NQ about which girl that he wanted *LOL* :joy:

In the novel, they do explicitly take sides: 

Spoiler

Nearly all the brothers and sisters say MSS is better because she is the Calligraphy addict and has better status. Even First Brother pushes for MSS.

Then, Second Brother/Jun Mo is the first to speak up and disagree. Followed by Chen Pi Pi who is also team Sangsang. 

I love Second Brother! He dotes on Sangsang through some other ways in the novel. Don’t read further if you don’t want to know! For example: 

- When NQ is forced to go into the cave to cultivate, Jun Mo and Eldest brother come to visit him and SS. Jun Mo serves them tea and first serves Eldest Brother then Sangsang before Ning Que. :lol:

- NQ needs Ye Hongru to heal SS. YH is not easily persuaded. NQ shamelessly tell hers that Second Brother likes SS. As in if you don’t help SS out then Second Brother will deal with you :lol:

Edited by littlemissmiss
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Reveal hidden contents

somehow

Spoiler

Chen PiPi was the one who was most concern lols....but the answer was obvious after a while...it was SS all the way :D 

not to mention that PiPi admire SS in a certain ways as she happen to be the only one who can beat him at chess

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

In the novel, they do explicitly take sides: 

Hide contents

Nearly all the brothers and sisters say MSS is better because she is the Calligraphy addict and has better status. Even First Brother pushes for MSS.

Then, Second Brother/Jun Mo is the first to speak up and disagree. Followed by Chen Pi Pi who is also team Sangsang. 

I love Second Brother! He dotes on Sangsang through some other ways in the novel. Don’t read further if you don’t want to know! For example: 

- When NQ is forced to go into the cave to cultivate, Jun Mo and Eldest brother come to visit him and SS. Jun Mo serves them tea and first serves Eldest Brother then Sangsang before Ning Que. :lol:

- NQ needs Ye Hongru to heal SS. YH is not easily persuaded. NQ shamelessly tell hers that Second Brother likes SS. As in if you don’t help SS out then Second Brother will deal with you :lol:

Yes, they did take sides..that's why they couldnt decide and wanted to ask NQ

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

somehow

Hide contents

Chen PiPi was the one who was most concern lols....but the answer was obvious after a while...it was SS all the way :D 

not to mention that PiPi admire SS in a certain ways as she happen to be the only one who can beat him at chess

What I love about CPP is :

He knew that NQ would choose SS, even before NQ said it. Yeah..he really concerned about NQ

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

What I love about CPP is :

Hide contents

He knew that NQ would choose SS, even before NQ said it. Yeah..he really concerned about NQ

maybe because he is 12th and instead of being the last NQ kinda save him from being the last :D 

• LOL 6

We have to celebrate  Happy 50 Page. It is so rare that a cdrama can reach this page with less viewers in our little thread. giphy.gif   Legend of FuYao 60 Followers

All out of love  10 foloowers

Eternal Love 2  33 Followers

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like frost 36 Followers 

Our Glamorous Time 27  followers

Last but Least Ever Night  6 Followers   We are the BOMB

@rhaps  @lynne22  @pad-hari  @angelangie  @littlemissmiss @greenwatch08 @satanghaesolim  @Wotad @pangia   

• LOL 8

Scene from novel that i want to see:

Spoiler

1. NQ arguing with himself about men liking several women in front of lake

2. NQ asking CPP stupid questions because he is panicking like if one eat crab soup everyday and if water have legs

3. Camp MSS vs camp SS btwn sr brothers and sisters. 3rd sister understand NQ the most

• LOL 8

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

It should be both : the phoenix and the pill. IIRC, the phoenix melted his 'channels' and his body was going to create new ones, but he was too weak and was going to die. The pill didnt just strengthen him, but also helped him to form the new channels. Please CMIIW, I dont really remember the detail

I think the pill healed him but the pill shouldnt really have this huge affect .

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Scene from novel that i want to see:

Reveal hidden contents

can i add this one scene? but i guess we never see it

Spoiler

an auntie blaming NQ for not letting her nephew marrying SS, the reason NQ gave her was SS is only 8 years old when she proposed!!! :D

• LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I didn't even realize there was a function to follow a 'thread' lol -- I am #13 lol!

How to follow a thread?

Yeah i agree why there are so many scenes about the queen n princess n prince, i also fast forward it, and made the fighting scene in the wilderness so short. But maybe casting Leon Lai is quite expensive so they have to make the most of him LOL.

What I want to see more are the brother sister scene, NQ MSS n YHY journey in the wilderness, more fighting scene, SS and WGM bonding, NQ vs his foes like LQ XH, etc, so plz just cut the imperial scene LOL.

Spoiler

Oya i cant wait to see NQ befriend with YHY, in trailer and mv, NQ wearing white n red robes walking with YHY and eat bun together. I eager to know how LQ reaction to this LOL. His mentor and protector finally befriend with his ultimare enemy NQ. And also i am curious, will NQ and LQ have a fighting scene? Or just debating all the time? Since NQ will shoot LQ with Premodial 13 Arrow and destroy him.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Reveal hidden contents

an auntie blaming NQ for not letting her nephew marrying SS, the reason NQ gave her was SS is only 8 years old when she proposed!!! :D

Spoiler

Ah i cqnt wait to see this too! Moment when NQ missing SS, and find her somewhere and she is getting married, and SS told NQ to marry with someone else, NQ is so mad and yelled to SS "you cant marry, bla bla bla!" And finally he proposed SS. 

But i have a bad feeling that in the end SS will die or something? I think in trailer or MV, i saw SS being held n hug by NQ, n NQ screaming a lot. I think it will be on the final battle between XH vs NQ.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I didn't even realize there was a function to follow a 'thread' lol -- I am #13 lol!

me too! i am #17

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Hide contents

Oya i cant wait to see NQ befriend with YHY, in trailer and mv, NQ wearing white n red robes walking with YHY and eat bun together. I eager to know how LQ reaction to this LOL. His mentor and protector finally befriend with his ultimare enemy NQ. And also i am curious, will NQ and LQ have a fighting scene? Or just debating all the time? Since NQ will shoot LQ with Premodial 13 Arrow and destroy him.

Nope..there wont be any fighting scenes between LQ-NQ. It should be between NQ-YHY instead (and MSS). I've also been waiting for this part, and I hope that it wont be disappointing like the battle with the Horse Gank

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Reveal hidden contents

@angelangie  I wished they had added this scene. This was when they were leaving Wei City. Sang Sang was so popular. LOL LOL 

@rhaps I was kinda dissapointed too , the general # 1 guy got away. NQ almost had him. . 

Spoiler

I love this scene though. Even A girl got the best of him lol lol 

I believe NQ and her will click 

giphy.gif

• LOL 5