[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Just saw the news that there will be a season 2 or sequel to Ever Night. Now I am thinking timelines of how far this current show of 60 episodes will progress vs the novel- it is very very long. I am sure they had to omit some side stories etc. Yey for us fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@stella77... Do you happen to know is it all at once or will there be a break chingu???

Do you mean the time between part 1 and part 2? The news came from Tencent announcing which dramas they will invest/produce this year etc. Ever Night 2 was included so I think it means greenlight to go into production and maybe start filming in 2019. There will definitely be a gap/break. Which I think is good since if us fans keep on spreading the love for part 1, more people will tune in to watch part 2.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rhaps said:

From what I've seen so far, the pace has been pretty quick .  Based on the trailers, I'm guessing that Season 1 will cover 400-500 chapters (my guess only, though). I heard that the novel has more than 1000 chapters *lol*, while the translation has just reached 550-560 chapters. 

Reveal hidden contents

I like this part too. The head of the srcret guard is quite funny and kind. And when NQ asked ,"Can I wear this clothes at home?" -lol-. 

I just ordered the novels last night (the publisher here lists a total of 40 volumes for the complete series! To date, only 19 has been published). Once I get it, I can take a peek on chapters and compare later where episode 60 is in the general comparison etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Just saw the news that there will be a season 2 or sequel to Ever Night. Now I am thinking timelines of how far this current show of 60 episodes will progress vs the novel- it is very very long. I am sure they had to omit some side stories etc. Yey for us fans.

Im happy with this if its done well S2 always suck but lets pray.

This is from Tencent which seems to be stepping up lately they have a s3 of the eternal love and now s2 of this im happy they do s2/s3 of shows.

They also got grand-master of cultivation coming next year which im excited for. 

22 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Do you mean the time between part 1 and part 2? The news came from Tencent announcing which dramas they will invest/produce this year etc. Ever Night 2 was included so I think it means greenlight to go into production and maybe start filming in 2019. There will definitely be a gap/break. Which I think is good since if us fans keep on spreading the love for part 1, more people will tune in to watch part 2.

This means that ever night is performing beyond what they want so im really happy with that. 

What other shows other then eternal love and ever night they focusing on? 

• Like 2

As far as the trailer goes, I think this season will end after:

Spoiler

Xia Hou and Ning Que's fight at around chapter 400- 500ish. 

It will be a good ending for the first season.

The current changes from the book is understandable. Most of all I enjoy this drama's pacing. As long as they don't changed much of the story we are in for an amazing ride for the next season.

Last year's adaptation of Ze Tian Ji, (another work of Mao Ni) Fighter of Destiny makes me sad because it's a butchered version of a good story. Jiang Ye's adaptation is very very fortunate that it to be handled by a good Production company that are willing to invest in long term project like this. I see a lot of drama crams up 1000+chapter from a book and ultimately destroy the book's meaning for the readers. 

So far I've only read two works of Mao Ni, Ze Tian Ji and Jiang Ye, and both impressed me a lot because the writer's way story telling is different with the current webnovel. It's very old style of wuxia in one aspect, and another there's a lot of poetic and hidden meaning in his words. It's realistic, and grounded so us, the readers can connect with it somehow. 

Plus, he does not only create great Male characters, his female characters are usually great.

I'm looking forward to what you guys think about Mo Shan Shan and Ye Hong Yu, two woman that will also have connections with Ning Que. 

Spoiler

Mo Shan Shan is the my most favorite female character in Jiang Ye/Ever Night. She's someone who is full of grace and loved without asking for anything. She impressed me a lot! 

While Ye Hong Yu is someone that I think equals to Ning Que in the term of cold blood. She views him as the same type of person with her. When needed, they can kill ruthlessly. And if wanted to, they can try to kill the other without feeling sorry. It's a fascinating relationship and I find it a bit sexy if I can say so myself hahahaha... 

Mo Shan Shan is someone Ning Que had considered as a lover, and he does like her, truly! 

But everything and everyone pales in consideration because Sang Sang is in the picture. No one can ever replace Sang Sang's position in his heart. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

As far as the trailer goes, I think this season will end after:

Hide contents

Xia Hou and Ning Que's fight at around chapter 400- 500ish. 

It will be a good ending for the first season.

Hide contents

Mo Shan Shan is the my most favorite female character in Jiang Ye/Ever Night. She's someone who is full of grace and loved without asking for anything. She impressed me a lot! 

While Ye Hong Yu is someone that I think equals to Ning Que in the term of cold blood. She views him as the same type of person with her. When needed, they can kill ruthlessly. And if wanted to, they can try to kill the other without feeling sorry. It's a fascinating relationship and I find it a bit sexy if I can say so myself hahahaha... 

Mo Shan Shan is someone Ning Que had considered as a lover, and he does like her, truly! 

But everything and everyone pales in consideration because Sang Sang is in the picture. No one can ever replace Sang Sang's position in his heart. 

Spoiler

If this happens like it does in your spoiler ill be excited what i hate are females who always try to destroy their love interest im so over that. So excited to see where this drama goes Tencent has been doing good lately. 

Ever Night is rising on Douban as well it was a 6.7 now its 7.1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

I just ordered the novels last night (the publisher here lists a total of 40 volumes for the complete series! To date, only 19 has been published). Once I get it, I can take a peek on chapters and compare later where episode 60 is in the general comparison etc.

@stella77 Are the novels translated in English?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@stella77 Are the novels translated in English?

@UnniSarah I have seen two websites online that are translating the novel into English (Novel Updates and LNMTL - machne translation). I haven't read them to know of the quality. Although English is my native language, I personally prefer to read Chinese novels translated into Thai (since I can read Thai). This is due to us having very very good professional translators with years of experience and how to say - they are able to capture nuances and translate more accurately in the cultural terms due to Thai language absorbing many Chinese concepts etc. So the books that I've ordered are the officially license translations for Thailand and I have to give credit to the publishers for making them so lovely (if you copy the Thai title, put it into Google and click image - you'll see photos of the book covers).

The Thai title is สยบฟ้าพิชิตปฐพี which has no link to 'Ever Night' at alll...and hence I never knew it was related lol. Literally it's more like "Crushed the sky, conquer the earth' which is an expression to say 'fight your fate against heaven and earth' etc. 

Some that caught my eyes and this isn't the total list of Tencent productions coming up:

Three Lives, Three World: The Pillow Book

Novoland: Pearl Eclipse (with Yang Mi!)

Held in a Lonely Castle with Wang Kai

Remake of Chinese Paladin (WHY?!?!)

Remake of Fated to Love You

Remake of The Prince Who Turns into a Frong

Remake of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils

Mystery of Antiques 2 (is part one even out yet?)

• Like 2

@rhaps 

I agree, additional scenes on other characters is necessary for us to understand the background of other character. The drama uses the concept of "Show, not tell" that works better for drama viewer to understand the story. 

Ze Tian Ji's adaptation is Fighter of Destiny.

Spoiler

It is a somewhat decent adaptation considering the time it was made when the book was not finished, but it's not that good either. The romance in the drama is quite good it's breezy and calm, Divine Empress is amazing, it's just the story is lackluster because they want to cram 600+ long chapter and I mean LONGGGGGG CHAPTER into 1 drama. 

Better read the book. You can look up Ze Tian Ji / Way of Choice in gravity tales website. They're the licensed translator. This one is better translated than Jiang Ye imo. 

I find that both Jiang Ye and Ze Tian Ji at its core are stories about youth, growing up, and choices we make a long the way... it's a concept as old as time and inspiring all the same. 

Now about the romance in Ever Night, 

Spoiler

I love Sang Sang, trully! But Mo Shan shan do have a special place because how pure heart and graceful she is in her acceptance that for Ning Que, Sang Sang is the most important person. 

That's what I like the most from her and somehow missing from a lot of story these days.. Lol..... Yes @Wotad she's a likable personality.....   

Although I think of NQ feeling for MSS is appreciation for her abilities and likes for her kindness,  I guess there are some guilt and thankful towards her too. It's a complex feeling but very human so for me this very moving.... and also very telling on how much Ning Que will always choose  Sang Sang above everyone and everything. 

I have a favorite line of her talking to NQ about his feeling towards Sang Sang. 

"I like you... but I like you that likes her (Sang Sang) more...." she says this while looking at NQ that is looking at Haotian Sang sang. NQ is at a tragic point of his life.

Sang Sang is there, but it's not his Sang Sang.... Anyway... my point is this line is meaningful because of what it represents... she meant for it for NQ not to feel guilty to her... and also to give him a silent support... MSS is a good girl. 

Now, the trailer shows a scene where SS ask MSS to be NQ's wife whereas in the book there's not much contact between them at this time, so I'm looking forward on how the script writer is going to tell this part of the story.

One thing I mention that for me Jiang Ye is also a story about growth, and Mo Shanshan appearance to NQ and life do force both to evaluate about their relationship. And, I agree with you @rhap it's a very good.

It forced Ning Que to decide who he's wiling to let go (Mo Shanshan) and who he will never let go (Sang Sang).

I mean come on.....  SS and NQ's relationship... they're very Old Married Couple vibe, even Chao xiaoshu commented on it, but NQ didn't understand it at the time. 

I'm really looking forward in looking how their relationship is going to be developed on screen. Their's are special. 

In OLD Chang An MV there's this one scene where NQ placed a hairpin in SS's hair.. and it's so sweet.... :wub:

DrVPLPOV4AAJynQ.jpg

I want to talk more about NQ and SS in the latter season, but I find the situation to be so tragic...... Ning Que and Sang Sang breaks my heart................. especially for Ning Que  :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: 

Funny thing that crosses my mind the other day, Ning Que recently reminded me of Yang Guo from Return of Condor Heroes when Yang Guo misses and search for Xiao Liong Nu for 16 years.

Sang Sang is ireplaceable and  the only one that Ning Que cares about in his life. 

LOL.. I know i talk about about the romance. But trust me, Ever Night is also very patriotic. I'm looking forward towards the next season, and how other characters in the academy will be played. The Senior brother and sister's in the academy are awesome! 

@stella77 Wow! You're very lucky..... here in Indonesia.. it's impossible to find translation of Chinese novel... Most of the story I read came from Novelupdates recomendation, and the translation quality differs one to another... Sigh... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Regarding the girls :

Reveal hidden contents

I actually like SS better than MSS, although MSS is impressive too (she is nice, she is pretty, she has a good talent, and she really likes NQ. Plus the drama has a very pretty actress as her, so she is a really heavy competitor for SS). Then again, perhaps I like SS more because I know that NQ likes SS more and misses her when she isnt around. He just doesnt realize his own feelings, and that makes me eagerly want him to realize that. I love reading the parts when he does, and, that was quite touching and funny (when he discussed this with Chen Pipi -lol- ) for me. 

I can only say that he likes MSS a lot, but the feeling is just started. On SS, he is already in love with her and she has become a part of his life. Perhaps, if he met MSS first, then I wont doubt that he would fall in love with her deeply. 

Regarding YHY, I actually dont ship her with NQ because they are too similar *lol*, like you said. Even they realized that they had too many things in common. I like SS because she complements NQ, and so does the opposite. 

On a Thai FB page for Ever Night the novel, they did a poll between SS and MSS lol. 

Spoiler

I'm personally rooting for SS too and like you said MSS is also awesome so a difficult choice. I know many superficial drama fans will not like that SS in the drama isn't a  'beautiful'  SS - appearance wise - but I love her inner beauty more - more realistic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

While we're still talking about relationship.... 

I wanted to share this video I saw today.... I think it sweet... very very sweet :wub: but spoilery... 

Spoiler

Again, this story is also about growth.

Even if we discount romantic aspect, both NQ and SS are IT for each other. They're each other family, and shares a strong bond. It's so special to look at them. :wub:

The shift of perspective happen because of MSS, although sometimes I think NQ did consider about SS.

But we have to remember, SS is still a child of 13-14.. still a child compare to NQ who is older, so of course NQ won't think too much... all he knows is him and SS will never be separated. 

I really like NQ's outburst knowing Sang Sang left him LOL. And their fight ............ it shows tho... it shows so much....   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

I wanted to share this video I saw today.... I think it sweet... very very sweet :wub: but spoilery... 

Hide contents

Even if we discount romantic aspect, both NQ and SS are IT for each other. They're each other family, and shares a strong bond. It's so special to look at them. :wub:

The shift of perspective happen because of MSS, although sometimes I think NQ did consider about SS.

But we have to remember, SS is still a child of 13-14.. still a child compare to NQ who is older, so of course NQ won't think too much... all he knows is him and SS will never be separated. 

I really like NQ's outburst knowing Sang Sang left him LOL. And their fight ............ it shows tho... it shows so much....   

What episode did Sang Sang left him?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone translate the video...pretty please?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stella77 said:

On a Thai FB page for Ever Night the novel, they did a poll between SS and MSS lol. 

Hide contents

I'm personally rooting for SS too and like you said MSS is also awesome so a difficult choice. I know many superficial drama fans will not like that SS in the drama isn't a  'beautiful'  SS - appearance wise - but I love her inner beauty more - more realistic.

Im rooting for neither girl ATM i see SS as a sister currently and have not seen MSS so we will have to see how it play's out , maybe if i see SS grow up a bit more ill root for her.

OMG VIKI HAS THE 40 MINUTE PROLOGUE ON THEIR SITE.. YAY ITS GETTING SUBBED. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Can someone translate the video...pretty please?

Hello everyone I tried to translate the video may not be 100% accurate (please feel free to correct). 

NQ: I have already become accustomed to days with Sang Sang beside me. So accustomed, that I have never thought that she would not be beside me 习惯

MSS: In Da Hor (a countries name) there is a mountain Mo Shan Shan ( a play on words I think, Shan means mountain)

NQ: Mo Shan Shan

MSS: I love you. Do you love me?

SS: I don't like you liking other people.

SS: I'm getting married!

NQ: Not allowed to marry!

Couple in the background: Why isn't she allowed to marry?

NQ: I said she is not allowed to marry so she is not allowed to marry!

NQ: We will definitely always be together. Since childhood, we have always relied on each other, wandered together. Our lives have always been tied together.

NQ: Sang Sang you are not allowed to leave me. I need to marry you.

I love this a lot mainly because Sang Sang is adorable.  I initially thought MSS was the grownup version of SS don't they look really alike or is that just me.:D

Also in the relationship poster the relationship between all the other girls and NQ is soulmate except for Sang Sang which is life.  So Sang Sang is NQ life :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

38 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

Hello everyone I tried to translate the video may not be 100% accurate (please feel free to correct). 

Hide contents

NQ: I have already become accustomed to days with Sang Sang beside me. So accustomed, that I have never thought that she would not be beside me 习惯

MSS: In Da Hor (a countries name) there is a mountain Mo Shan Shan ( a play on words I think Shan means mountain)

NQ: Mo Shan Shan

MSS: I love you. Do you love me?

SS: I don't like you liking other people.

SS: I'm marrying!

NQ: Not allowed to marry!

Couple in the background: Why isn't she allowed to marry?

NQ: I said she is not allowed to marry so she is not allowed to marry!

NQ: We will definitely always be together. Since childhood we have always relied on each other, wandered together. Our lives will always be tied together.

NQ: Sang Sang you are not allowed to leave me. I need to marry you.

I love this a lot mainly because Sang Sang is adorable.  I initially thought MSS was the grownup version of SS don't they look really alike or is that just me.:D

Also in the relationship poster the relationship between all the other girls and NQ is soulmate except for Sang Sang which is life.  So Sang Sang is NQ life :w00t:

Thank you so much for taking your time to translate for people who don't understand the language.

• Like 4