[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

29 minutes ago, rhaps said:

It's even worse in the novel. SS is described as small, cute, dark, skinny with yellowish hair ..until some time later when she becomes taller. And there is no 3rd Prince fawning over her (there was a sleazy monk, then he died, but there is no other decent young men in this story other than NQ anyway). Still, what I like about her is she is cool and, behind those seemed to be weak appearence, she is very stubborn and smart, so that even NQ couldnt win her over an argument/fight. 

SS in the drama actually has fairer skin,  I think this is one of the time when I dont agree with the Director (?) , with the 'spicing things up' between NQ-SS-MSS. SS is weaker and too soft-hearted, while NQ is so rude to her and more flirty to MSS. I'd say that MSS is the one who is more likeable here (for non NingSang, of course), since she is so lovely and gentle and captivates some viewers. Too bad, though

NQ/MSS looks nice onscreen, although I havent watched far enough to judge their interactions. I've seen clips & MSS seems like fairly good person(this isnt a jab at her). Moreso, the treatment of SS. I hope she gets the character development she deserves. It'd been fine to have noone interested in SS(besides NQ). Seeing the 3rd Prince trying to get all handsy w/SS irks me. He's a waste of airtime.

SS is too precious/good for any sleazeball.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I consider my self a Wuxia Lover i watch all Wuxia and at least give them a ago.

Ashes of Love i stopped around episode 35 - I will Finish eventually but the book readers in that thread put me off.

MA and fight breaks sphere - I quit early on something about them is just not right for me , MA had the annoying sister and fight breaks sphere is decent but the writing is cringe.

The flame daughter -  i did not connect with at all.

Blood Romance - is sort of a Wuxia its pretty good and ill Finish.

Legend of Fuyao - I liked and will finish eventually but it got lost 3/4 the way in and had a disaster and dull like 15 episodes. 

Cinderella Chef - Just to basic for me it had nothing new or interesting the leads were pretty good though.

Legend of Yun Xi - I got spoiled something so watching it put me off ill most likely get around to watching it again.

The Eternal Love 2 - Just a mess dont like how they did this season at all, will still most likely finish it though. 

An Oriental Odyssey - I quit this drama im not sure if ill go back im really not a fan of this detective police crap.

Ever Night is better than all of these for me and its by alot, has the best acting and less annoying characters around the MC , also most of these are novels and it was adapted the best. 

Even though i have not finished all these drama's i rank them.

Ever Night

Bloody Romance

Legend of Fuyao

Legend of Yun Xi

Eternal Love 2 , not a huge fan but will still finish it . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

It's that obvious, actually. .. with the way he watched her carefully and that long silence. He was waiting for another reaction from her, but there was none, so that just meant that she wasnt interested (in him). I could be mistaken too, if I were him .. and we know that men are much more dense than women, in term of interpreting implicit/hidden emotions .

Yeupp... agree with you... NQ kept waiting for SS's response..... Sigh........... but ah how can She respond?... at this time.. I think NQ is also a bit insensitive because he's more preoccupied with himself.. he never ask about what SS went through when he's gone... so the event when SS leaves him, will be a big big wake up call for him. [In the book]

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

Jiahhhhh

Anyway, the drama really makes NQ more annoying than in the novel *sigh*.  And sorry to say, the drama SS is weaker compared to the novel. SS novel can not be easily bullied by NQ. A lot of fans must be annoyed 

LOL... So far I'm still fine with this SS... NQ is still OK.... but I think the script writer overdid it with NQ-MSS scene... the additional scenes is unnecessary... :( Like here I am trying to be neutral.. because book NQ is more neutral.. and then....the drama just have to make NQ to be very very flattered like that... Its hard to watch... Sigh...

@Wotad

Spoiler

In the novel the demon sect is evil and hated by everyone but whats Ning Que's thoughts on them??

- Demon sect and normal cult is just a method of gaining power for NQ. He's cautious but doesn't hate them. NQ will be joining the Demon cult later on.

Also how strong is 3rd sister?

- Very strong. She's only slightly below Eldest brother, Xiling's headmaster (the guy with the sun mask) can't beat her. 

Of the known power level of this universe, Divine knowing destiny is the highest that we know of right? after this.. the next one is No Rule Level. 

Currently (in season 1) even tho Eldest brother has not learned to fight yet, He's already in the No Rule Level. Yu Lian the 3rd and Jun Mo the 2nd brother,  sister has not reached this level yet.  

Does does Ning Que ever fight anyone from the Academy?

- Never... 

When everyone is after SS who does he fight?

- The ones that chased them comes from Xiling, Buddhism sect, and other various country and sect allied with Xiling.

MSS's sect is more neutral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, lynne22 said:

Yeupp... agree with you... NQ kept waiting for SS's response..... Sigh........... but ah how can She respond?... at this time.. I think NQ is also a bit insensitive because he's more preoccupied with himself.. he never ask about what SS went through when he's gone... so the event when SS leaves him, will be a big big wake up call for him. [In the book]

LOL... So far I'm still fine with this SS... NQ is still OK.... but I think the script writer overdid it with NQ-MSS scene... the additional scenes is unnecessary... :( Like here I am trying to be neutral.. because book NQ is more neutral.. and then....the drama just have to make NQ to be very very flattered like that... Its hard to watch... Sigh...

@Wotad

Hide contents

In the novel the demon sect is evil and hated by everyone but whats Ning Que's thoughts on them??

- Demon sect and normal cult is just a method of gaining power for NQ. He's cautious but doesn't hate them. NQ will be joining the Demon cult later on.

Also how strong is 3rd sister?

- Very strong. She's only slightly below Eldest brother, Xiling's headmaster (the guy with the sun mask) can't beat her. 

Of the known power level of this universe, Divine knowing destiny is the highest that we know of right? after this.. the next one is No Rule Level. 

Currently (in season 1) even tho Eldest brother has not learned to fight yet, He's already in the No Rule Level. Yu Lian the 3rd and Jun Mo the 2nd brother,  sister has not reached this level yet.  

Does does Ning Que ever fight anyone from the Academy?

- Never... 

When everyone is after SS who does he fight?

- The ones that chased them comes from Xiling, Buddhism sect, and other various country and sect allied with Xiling.

MSS's sect is more neutral.

Spoiler

Yes i love MC's joining the "evil" people i sort of wish he did fight some people from academy but thats just because im sad xd 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

MSS is actually nice. I’m watching episode 34 right now and I find her very likable. I enjoyed her exchange of thinly veiled hostile words with Flower maniac. I like both her and SS but I like that NQ will choose SS eventually because I like the closeness between NQ and SS. 

I binged watched ten episodes today and I just love the camaraderie of the twelve brothers and sisters with NQ. They really look out for him and treat him well. Same with Yan Se and NQ. Loved their interactions so much. Now it’s SS and WGM that’s stirring my heartstrings. Such an interesting story. I really like the complexity of the characters especially those in Tang. They’re more open minded in their thinking and actions in terms of the way they view individuals and their motives. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I consider my self a Wuxia Lover i watch all Wuxia and at least give them a ago.

Ashes of Love i stopped around episode 35 - I will Finish eventually but the book readers in that thread put me off.

MA and fight breaks sphere - I quit early on something about them is just not right for me , MA had the annoying sister and fight breaks sphere is decent but the writing is cringe.

Legend of Fuyao - I liked and will finish eventually but it got lost 3/4 the way in and had a disaster and dull like 15 episodes. 

Cinderella Chef - Just to basic for me it had nothing new or interesting the leads were pretty good though.

Legend of Yun Xi - I got spoiled something so watching it put me off ill most likely get around to watching it again.

The Eternal Love 2 - Just a mess dont like how they did this season at all, will still most likely finish it though. 

An Oriental Odyssey - I quit this drama im not sure if ill go back im really not a fan of this detective police crap.

Ever Night is better than all of these for me and its by alot, has the best acting and less annoying characters around the MC , also most of these are novels and it was adapted the best. 

Ever Night

Bloody Romance

Legend of Fuyao

Legend of Yun Xi

LOL from your list, the only one I watch was Ashes of Love.. and yeah.. the thread put me off during the airing... :joy: I only went there after its done airing.. 

Ever Night is a better adaptation compare to all the book to drama I've seen in recent years... I have to give the credit to the directors. She have visions...... :wub: 

Great cinematography... and amazing wuxia fighting scene .... :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

MSS is actually nice. I’m watching episode 34 right now and I find her very likable. I enjoyed her exchange of thinly veiled hostile words with Flower maniac. I like both her and SS but I like that NQ will choose SS eventually because I like the closeness between NQ and SS. 

MSS is a sweet and nice girl to me too...... I kinda pity her because its unfortunate that she likes Ning Que, someone unattainable. 

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I binged watched ten episodes today and I just love the camaraderie of the twelve brothers and sisters with NQ. They really look out for him and treat him well. Same with Yan Se and NQ. Loved their interactions so much. Now it’s SS and WGM that’s stirring my heartstrings. Such an interesting story. I really like the complexity of the characters especially those in Tang. They’re more open minded in their thinking and actions in terms of the way they view individuals and their motives. 

ahhh... I know right????? all of these character interactions are interesting to watch... They gave me warm :), happy :D, and slightly bittersweet feeling. :tears: Something to be cherished ... :wub:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yes, MSS is indeed a good person. The actress looked very lovely too. I've watched until epi 42, and NQ-MSS indeed looked nice. It's not just in term of appearence, but from attitudes as well. That is why, it is important to show those little hints of feelings of NQ towards SS, so that the viewers could understand what's going on. NQ-SS is the end game in the novel, so the drama should portray their building relationship convincingly.

IMHO, this part (NQ-SS-MSS) is one of the important parts in the story, regarding to the romance and character development. It is supposed to show the development of NQ-SS, how their supposed to be peaceful life is disturbed because of a 3rd person and how they shift the relationship from 'being a family' into romance (and still a family). I'd say, it is one of the crucial moments for their character growth, so that if it's not handled correctly, then it wont feel and end that well

Im definitely here for NQ/MSS/SS scenes & interactions in the drama. NQ/MSS relationship w/each other is a part of NQ growing up/experiencing first trials of romance before his realization. I'd wish SS had that experience too w/someone before she realized NQ was the one for her. 

• Like 4

@lynne22.... Thanks for the Spoilers :wub::wub: i am really enjoying Thos novel. I so hooked . 

I will say this although the drama has changed the relationship dynamics to suit the viewers, I am very upset with that. In the book, the relationship dynamics were perfect and true to the characters. I really don’t understand why they would make him smitten with MSS.  NQ has proven with his action in the novel that his love for his family he would marry MSS. He likes her because she understands Calligraphy and has love for it, but he forgets that SS loves his Calligraphy but doesn’t understand it like MSS. At times MSS is a bit arrogant that sometimes turns him off. But the in truth , SS is where his heart is. I think the age difference is what is the issue for him right now. After all he has so much knowledge from the modern world maybe this why it is taking him such a long time to admit his love for her. 

When NQ reached the See through gate, he saw Sang Sang. He lit up and he never lits up for MSS. He just get flustered or shy around her. 

@Wotad  I don’t hate MSS, is just I am not feeling any chemistry betwen them. I just can’t read her. Watching the clips I felt something but when What the whole episode raw, makes it hard to watch. I plan on watching it in full with subs. :heart:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Im waiting to binge the drama but ill never skip scene's i dont think MSS deserves any hate shes not a evil or annoying girl she just likes NQ and so do all of us. 

Same. I'm waiting for all the episodes w/subs to be release next week to binge watch on Viki.

Heck, I think I'll like MSS more than NQ.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I dont think ill like MSS more than NQ but from clips and spoilers etc.. i dont see my self hating her.

Oh no,  I dont have any dislike/distaste for any of the characters, well maybe for the 3rd prince because really is annoying. I really like female characters & EN has alot of good ones. Although I dont care much for the flower addict. Her and LQ can live under a rock together. 

• LOL 4

21 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Oh no,  I dont have any dislike/distaste for any of the characters, well maybe for the 3rd prince because really is annoying. I really like female characters & EN has alot of good ones. Although I dont care much for the flower addict. Her and LQ can live under a rock together. 

I dislike the Princess and LQ, flower addict and all those light and religious people. 

At least i hate the characters and not the actors due to bad acting even though LQ is a little h. 

8 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I also dont hate her. I ship her with NQ (the actress and CFY) in other drama :P . What I dont like is how the drama/Director didnt show their (NQ-SS-MSS) relationship correctly. I'm now agree with fans in Weibo. 

@Wotad, I also like Ever Night (no 1) and Bloody Romance (no 2) :P , just because BR isnt doing very well in the 2nd half 

Yeah i liked drama's that are exciting and at least somewhat different. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Ever Night

Bloody Romance

Legend of Fuyao

Legend of Yun Xi

OMG! I’m just like you! HAHAHAHA! Due to my Kdrama slump (Recent dramas are just unappetizing for me. LOL) I have turned to Cdrama and WuXia is just, just too breathtaking. Literally. I wasn’t even turned off by the long episodes nor the bad dubbing/subbing. 

I actually started with Ashes of Love but stopped at ep45 (LOL). And not trying to be funny, I finished Flame Daughter just coz I love Vic Zhou (My first love MG1 days)

I started Fight Break Sphere but can’t finish ep 1 just coz the male lead is annoying me and ironically, this cdrama was what got me started with Ever Night... Thank God!!!! Hahahah! I do find some similiraties between the two and MA as well but I really love Ever Night. Even if NingQue is annoying the hell out of me right now. LMAO.

Super happy I found people like me. Hahaha!

• LOL 3

25 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I dislike the Princess and LQ, flower addict and all those light and religious people. 

Yeah i liked drama's that are exciting and at least somewhat different. 

Im a bit neutral about the princess. I like her interaction w/ SS, although I was annoyed that she used SS to get close to NQ. I think the two lady at the brothel are lovely, especially w/their small talks w/ SS. 

• Like 3

MSS character is actually pitiful. She gave soo much for NQ but NQ cannot return the affection she wanted. When SS left home, NQ told himself that if he can't bring SS back, then there's no point of coming back. At that time, Him and MSS has already agreed to be in a relationship. He even wanted to kill anybody in his way. He ordered the shutting down of all the gates in Chang'an so SS cannot leave the City. He wanted an arrest warrant to be issued against SS so she'll be capture and return back to him. He is so wiling to just kill himself if he can't find SS because for him, life is meaningless without her. When it comes to SS, NQ becomes selfish and wanted all of her for himself.

Spoiler

Mr. Qi said, "I promise you that I can find her as long as she is still in Chang'an City."

Ning Que felt a little relaxed in his heart. He thought that, as the biggest gang in Chang'an, the Fish-dragon Gang had an official background and countless men spread out in all the streets and allies. No matter where Sangsang was hiding, they could surely find her. But, then he thought that it had been a long time since she had left so in the early morning. What if Sangsang had left Chang'an City?

So he went to the palace immediately.

"Close the gate of Chang'an City? Ning Que, are you crazy? Even the prime minister does not dare to do this kind of thing. Even if you kill me, I still can't do it because I don't have that authority and I don't want to make His Majesty think that I am a rebel!"

The Deputy Commander of the bodyguards, Xu Chongshan, looked at Ning Que, who had his head lowered in front of him, and was thinking of continuing to scold him further. But he was stunned by the grimness that Ning Que had revealed. He quickly comforted Ning Que. "Rest assured. Now I'll write a letter asking the Chang'an Local Government to find her for you. Okay?"

Ning Que looked up at him and said, "It's not enough just to ask the Chang'an Local Government. Can you help me issue an arrest warrant?"

Xu Chongshan gave a gasp of surprise. He could tell that Ning Que was about to be mad today. So he did not dare to directly refuse Ning Que, but explained in a whisper, "Your little handmaiden has not committed a crime. How could the Criminal Ministry issue an arrest warrant?"

Ning Que took a small portrait from his arms and put it on the Xu Chongshan's chest, saying, "I am reporting a crime that Sangsang stole more than 10,000 taels of silver from me. Would that make the Criminal Ministry issue an arrest warrant?"

Spoiler

Ning Que had encountered his greatest fear when he discovered that Sangsang had left home yesterday morning and he might never see her again. It was the first time he had the impulse to kill himself. He wrangled with the idea of whether he should in the middle of the night by the Yanming Lake where he cursed it.

When MSS asked him if he could right a Calligraphy for her for forever, NQ did not say yes. MSS understand that he doesn't wanna be with her forever.  

Spoiler

The candlelight flickered and Mo Shanshan trimmed the candle wick with a pair of small scissors. Then, she walked to Ning Que's side and watched him write. She knew that he was very tired, but also knew that he did not need pity at this moment.

After all, he could not write forever, and she could not trim the candle wick twice. The door opened with a squeak and Mo Shanshan sent Ning Que to the door. Outside the threshold, they bowed at each other peacefully before saying their goodbyes.

When they straightened up, Mo Shanshan looked into Ning Que's eyes. Suddenly, she walked forward and stuck her face in his chest rather clumsily. She listened silently.

After a moment of hesitation, Ning Que hugged her and patted her back gently.

Mo Shanshan leaned into his chest silently. Then, she said, "You still owe me a note."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Actually there's a bts video of SS and JM, the pic is from that.  Love them too.  Here's that bts video of SS and JM

Thanks for finding the SS Jun Mo BTS video!

22 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I'd prefer if she called him NQ. I want to hear SY as SS say his name atleast once in the drama. CFY as NQ saying SS's name is always so nice to hear.

My understanding NQ only has SS registered as a handmaiden in the census so she can legally live with him as otherwise it is unacceptable as they are not related.  Basically until they go to Chang An city their relationship is equal but in the drma they have SS calling NQ "young master" from the beginning as if she has always  has.  Also it's never clearly explained in the drama the reason NQ has SS working so hard doing exhausting chores all the time is for her health as due to her Cold Disease she needs to exercise as much as possible to keep her circulation going and to try and sweat out the toxins in her body.  The drama doesn't make either of these things clear so it seems like NQ and SS just have a very close young master and handmaiden from the beginning.

22 hours ago, thartie said:

Ning Que picked another willow branch and said, "When Sangsang was young, she always cried from hunger. So I found some branches and knitted them into small toys to make her happy. I've made quite a few these, so I can do them quickly."

These little excerpts are exactly the kind of thing that are missing from the drama to give an understanding of the hardships they went through together.  Like SS and NQ were literally starving at times.  The novel explains one of the reasons she is so small and weak is due to malnourishment as a baby.  They are so poor that the only toy NQ can afford for her is made from twigs :tears: I mean this imagery is absolutely heartbreaking and gives you real sense of their suffering and how far they have come in life.

21 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I ship SS w/ happiness. Heck, I'd be alright if she was just by herself(& w/her supportive pals). Sorry NQ. 

It's really nice seeing SS managing/doing things on her own. 

Yep!  that's my number one ship:  SS + happiness :heart: I could watch a whole drama just about Sang Sang.

15 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

I just had a quick skim through of ep 42. Unfortunately NQ hasn't reunited with SS :tears:. The first part of ep 41

Hide contents

Was so heart wrenching. Really made me cry when WGM and YS left the world. And also Jun Mo cares for SS so much 

Really starting to ship them so much now haha 

The MoSang ship continues to rise :lol:

14 hours ago, littlemissmiss said:

Reveal hidden contents

- he wakes up and thinks SS has gone to the market

- he goes back to sleep and she’s still not there

- he makes food for two and doesn’t eat it 

- he checks their money and sees that she’s gone

- he brings all his stuff with him as he leaves Old Brush Pen so material things can make him feel better for not having SS

- he tells gate guard to close the city gates and that SS took his money so they can search for her 

- he FINALLY realizes that he was gone for 6 months and SS has been gone for half a day and he’s gone crazy missing her!!! 

- literally everything in the book in the chapter 

I very much would like to see NQ suffer because he’s a flirty punk and SS deserves better lol. 

What a great holiday present that would be!

I LOVE these scenes in the novel.  You can really feel his quiet panic and desperation after not even one day without SS.

7 hours ago, stucked said:

This is totally random as I was browsing IG LMAO. I think the IG owner (I love her!) visits here as well. It’s just so damn funny. Hahaha.

Hide contents

This is hilarious!  Thank you so much for sharing :lol::lol::lol:

5 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

English sub for the spoiler: (sorry my translations arent that great  but its as close as i can get haha :D

Thanks so much for translating @ningsangcpp You tell him, Sang Sang girl!:angry:

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

SS is such a sweetheart and it's ashame that the only characters that seems remotely interested in her are sleazeballs(ex:awful 3rd prince/pretentious LQ), while NQ's potential partners/romantic interests are a bunch of pretty fairmaidens/cultivators that fawns over him.

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

..Moreso, the treatment of SS. I hope she gets the character development she deserves. It'd been fine to have noone interested in SS(besides NQ). Seeing the 3rd Prince trying to get all handsy w/SS irks me. He's a waste of airtime.

SS is too precious/good for any sleazeball.

I love your a fangirl of SS too. SS is too precious.  I don't need her to have a love interest but it would be gratifying to have someone good looking and worthwhile show romantic interest in her especially when NQ basically has a harem of remarkable women all fawning over him.

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

Jiahhhhh

Anyway, the drama really makes NQ more annoying than in the novel *sigh*.  And sorry to say, the drama SS is weaker compared to the novel. SS novel can not be easily bullied by NQ. A lot of fans must be annoyed 

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

@stucked, yes..novel SS is cool. When NQ-SS fight, she can control the situation because NQ is the one who is emotional, while she is just calm and cold . Sigh. We'll see how it is in the drama

Reveal hidden contents

They are her real parents

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

Now I wish the drama doesnt change that, like how they make him more annoying and rude to SS. Small scenes like this are actually important to show how his mental state is and how he really feels. If they are not shown properly, than it won't be believable, when one day he chooses SS.

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Still, what I like about her is she is cool and, behind those seemed to be weak appearence, she is very stubborn and smart, so that even NQ couldnt win her over an argument/fight. 

SS in the drama actually has fairer skin,  I think this is one of the time when I dont agree with the Director (?) , with the 'spicing things up' between NQ-SS-MSS. SS is weaker and too soft-hearted, while NQ is so rude to her and more flirty to MSS. I'd say that MSS is the one who is more likeable here (for non NingSang, of course), since she is so lovely and gentle and captivates some viewers. Too bad, though

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

IMHO, this part (NQ-SS-MSS) is one of the important parts in the story, regarding to the romance and character development. It is supposed to show the development of NQ-SS, how their supposed to be peaceful life is disturbed because of a 3rd person and how they shift the relationship from 'being a family' into romance (and still a family). I'd say, it is one of the crucial moments for their character growth, so that if it's not handled correctly, then it wont feel and end that well

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I will say this although the drama has changed the relationship dynamics to suit the viewers, I am very upset with that. In the book, the relationship dynamics were perfect and true to the characters. I really don’t understand why they would make him smitten with MSS.  

I totally agree with your comments @rhaps, @UnniSarah @lynne22. Now I'm reading the novel (not going to lie I'm mainly just reading the NingSang scenes:sweatingbullets:) it has definitely given me a worse perspective on the drama portrayal of their relationship.  I think the drama has done very well on a number of other aspects of the plot but I do not understand why they have changed NQ and SS relationship dynamics so much or played up the NQ-MSS relationship to the extent they have. 

It has weakened the NQ-SS relationship considerably and NQ comes across in the later episodes as insensitive and very unkind towards SS.  I adore Song Yi Ren as SS but they have also weakened SS character a lot.  In the novel I never truly believe they are young master and maid and SS is basically a little boss with a quiet strength and dignity but the drama writing makes SS more weak and pitiful and as if NQ really does think of her as just his little servant at times.  I understand things have to change in the drama but the dynamics of NQ/SS relationship are so specific and important to their character growth and so well-written in the novel.  The drama changes add nothing and are actually detrimental to both the characters, the foundation of their relationship and the plot! :angry:

P.S. Sorry for the length of my post

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for finding the SS Jun Mo BTS video!

My understanding NQ only has SS registered as a handmaiden in the census so she can legally live with him as otherwise it is unacceptable as they are not related.  Basically until they go to Chang An city their relationship is equal but in the drma they have SS calling NQ "young master" from the beginning as if she has always  has.  Also it's never clearly explained in the drama the reason NQ has SS working so hard doing exhausting chores all the time is for her health as due to her Cold Disease she needs to exercise as much as possible to keep her circulation going and to try and sweat out the toxins in her body.  The drama doesn't make either of these things clear so it seems like NQ and SS just have a very close young master and handmaiden from the beginning.

These little excerpts are exactly the kind of thing that are missing from the drama to give an understanding of the hardships they went through together.  Like SS and NQ were literally starving at times.  The novel explains one of the reasons she is so small and weak is due to malnourishment as a baby.  They are so poor that the only toy NQ can afford for her is made from twigs :tears: I mean this imagery is absolutely heartbreaking and gives you real sense of their suffering and how far they have come in life.

Yep!  that's my number one ship:  SS + happiness :heart: I could watch a whole drama just about Sang Sang.

The MoSang ship continues to rise :lol:

I LOVE these scenes in the novel.  You can really feel his quiet panic and desperation after not even one day without SS.

This is hilarious!  Thank you so much for sharing :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks so much for translating @ningsangcpp You tell him, Sang Sang girl!:angry:

I love your a fangirl of SS too. SS is too precious.  I don't need her to have a love interest but it would be gratifying to have someone good looking and worthwhile show romantic interest in her especially when NQ basically has a harem of remarkable women all fawning over him.

I totally agree with your comments @rhaps, @UnniSarah @lynne22. Now I'm reading the novel (not going to lie I'm mainly just reading the NingSang scenes:sweatingbullets:) it has definitely given me a worse perspective on the drama portrayal of their relationship.  I think the drama has done very well on a number of other aspects of the plot but I do not understand why they have changed NQ and SS relationship dynamics so much or played up the NQ-MSS relationship to the extent they have. 

It has weakened the NQ-SS relationship considerably and NQ comes across in the later episodes as insensitive and very unkind towards SS.  I adore Song Yi Ren as SS but they have also weakened SS character a lot.  In the novel I never truly believe they are young master and maid and SS is basically a little boss with a quiet strength and dignity but the drama writing makes SS more weak and pitiful and as if NQ really does think of her as just his little servant at times.  I understand things have to change in the drama but the dynamics of NQ/SS relationship are so specific and important to their character growth and so well-written in the novel.  The drama changes add nothing and are actually detrimental to both the characters, the foundation of their relationship and the plot! :angry:

P.S. Sorry for the length of my post

I love SS. She's my favorite character. Im not too familiar w/ the novel but it's really nice if the drama included more intricate details from the webnovel onscreen. I never understood why NQ addresses SS as his handmaiden so thank you for the clarification.  

I try not to compare the drama w/ the webnovel since they both can be seen as two seperate medium/approach to storytelling. Ill wait to see how the drama plays out 'till the end. Although all my judgement will be based on the drama alone, since I have not read it.

• Like 4