Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

Even if the development, in terms of romance, between NQ&SS occurs later towards the end of the series, I'd still believe in it whole-heartedly. There something about the non-romantic/platonic scenes between NQ&SS that's really endearing/joy to watch that even ten-thousands of NQ&MSS romance/scenes cant hold a candle to.

 

Heck, even NQ&SS first onscreen moment together back at Wei City in which SS scurries/greets him above, calling NQ under her breathe while he looks upward with his tilted smile was beautifully shot. This scene isnt suppose to be seen romantically, but I really feel the energy/passion in her expression. SY is doing such a great job portraying SS & theres so much sincerity/vulneralbility in her eyes. Another scene which a tired NQ holds onto the gourd and looks towards the horizon, seeing SS running to hug him, as he spoke her name under his breathe was also lovely. Theres this flicker of content on his face. CFY did well here too.

 

These tiny/short moments of seconds has so much weight/speaks more volume than any NQ&MSS romance/ep together. So even if the drama develops the romantic aspects of NQ&SS later/w few episodes only, it'd still be believable because the chemistry between CFY&SY is that Good. Its been a while since Ive been really impressed by two leads. The portrayal/relationship between NQ&SS has more emotional depth.

 

NQ as a character shines the brightest when hes with SS. Theyre two peas in a pod, inseperable.

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Their closeness are so strong. I am worried that they will rush NQ and SS’s romance but I think if we were to rewatch some scenes the in love moments already occurred

1. When SS was drying NQ after the fight in the Chao mansion

2. When he found out that SS was his object of fate

3. When he fantasizes that SS cooked him her special noodles

4.After passing his test, Sang Sang running to him he looked euphoric seeing her and so much more scenes that shows his love.

5. When he looked ready to kill the Prince for trying to kiss Sang Sang

There are

more other scene that we should all count  scenes as part of their feelings are getting stronger. For the drama itself they might have been afraid of adapting every details from the novel would make it uninteresting so decided to spice thing up. But their spicing things up is making the fans very upset . 

 

 

i think one thing the fans need to understand....when 2 being had been so close and practically growing up together.......things they had been doing to them is just because it just like everyday job....and ppl look into it different....they are expecting romance.....however they need to remember one thing....in this series itself NQ need to also develop himself......

 

i had to admit seeing MSS in the scenes does irk me the most but still this bump is needed for NQ to realize his feeling and his depth of feeling for SangSang....

 

when SWZ tried to kiss SangSang and NingQue straggle him for that.....to him it was because he was protecting SangSang as he always do......he didnt see it otherwise but to us viewers it feels differently....to us it is a blessing......he is too use to SangSang being there for him that it had never ever cross his minds that one day...they need to re-course the direction of their relationship so the viewers honestly need to come to term with it.....

 

to us all these subtle move represent his depth of his feeling for SangSang.....he need to be awaken to realize how much he rely on SangSang and how much SangSang actually meant to him.......

 

also there will be times books and drama will divert from each other.....it is really really hard for them to stick like 101% on the book itself.....

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the first volume of the novel (official Thai version) and I am amazined at how for the most part, the drama has kept to the novel regarding the plot (basically NQ + SS escorting the Princess from Wei City to setting up shop in Chang An). On to volume 2 while I wait for subs. I am loving all the details in the novel.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Even if the development, in terms of romance, between NQ&SS occurs later towards the end of the series, I'd still believe in it whole-heartedly. There something about the non-romantic/platonic scenes between NQ&SS that's really endearing/joy to watch that even ten-thousands of NQ&MSS romance/scenes cant hold a candle to.

 

Heck, even NQ&SS first onscreen moment together back at Wei City in which SS scurries/greets him above, calling NQ under her breathe while he looks upward with his tilted smile was beautifully shot. This scene isnt suppose to be seen romantically, but I really feel the energy/passion in her expression. SY is doing such a great job portraying SS & theres so much sincerity/vulneralbility in her eyes.

This is the  scene from epi 1 right ? I remember that one, and I instantly adored these two!

 

I think NQ/SS had freckles there on their cheeks .. and it was just like in the novel . They looked so young and adorable and fresh in that scene, where SS's eyes and expressions were bright, while NQ was smiling at her softly. Awww, I love them there :wub:

 

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Another scene which a tired NQ holds onto the gourd and looks towards the horizon, seeing SS running to hug him, as he spoke her name under his breathe was also lovely. Theres this flicker of content on his face. CFY did well here too.

 

These tiny/short moments of seconds has so much weight/speaks more volume than any NQ&MSS romance/ep together. So even if the drama develops the romantic aspects of NQ&SS later/w few episodes only, it'd still be believable because the chemistry between CFY&SY is that Good. Its been a while since Ive been really impressed by two leads. The portrayal/relationship between NQ&SS has more emotional depth.

 

NQ as a character shines the brightest when hes with SS. Theyre two peas in a pod, inseperable.

"Another scene which a tired NQ holds onto the gourd and looks towards the horizon, seeing SS running to hug him, as he spoke her name under his breathe was also lovely."

===> epi 21, right ?

I love this one tooo :wub: . They looked so lovely and that was a good satisfying moment. Yesss, CFY did well here, as long as SYR. That was a very good scene. One of my favourites.

 

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

 

These tiny/short moments of seconds has so much weight/speaks more volume than any NQ&MSS romance/ep together. So even if the drama develops the romantic aspects of NQ&SS later/w few episodes only, it'd still be believable because the chemistry between CFY&SY is that Good. Its been a while since Ive been really impressed by two leads. The portrayal/relationship between NQ&SS has more emotional depth.

 

 

NQ as a character shines the brightest when hes with SS. Theyre two peas in a pod, inseperable.

So agree with you!

They shine when they are together, and for me, their tiny short moments are both more adorable and sweeter than any skinship / sweet talks in other dramas, because they felt more natural. This is why I really love these two.

 

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

 

i think one thing the fans need to understand....when 2 being had been so close and practically growing up together.......things they had been doing to them is just because it just like everyday job....and ppl look into it different....they are expecting romance.....however they need to remember one thing....in this series itself NQ need to also develop himself......

 

i had to admit seeing MSS in the scenes does irk me the most but still this bump is needed for NQ to realize his feeling and his depth of feeling for SangSang....

 

when SWZ tried to kiss SangSang and NingQue straggle him for that.....to him it was because he was protecting SangSang as he always do......he didnt see it otherwise but to us viewers it feels differently....to us it is a blessing......he is too use to SangSang being there for him that it had never ever cross his minds that one day...they need to re-course the direction of their relationship so the viewers honestly need to come to term with it.....

 

to us all these subtle move represent his depth of his feeling for SangSang.....he need to be awaken to realize how much he rely on SangSang and how much SangSang actually meant to him.......

 

also there will be times books and drama will divert from each other.....it is really really hard for them to stick like 101% on the book itself.....

Agree with this too .

 

NQ's feelings (drama version) towards SS can be seen from the 'big things' that he does, like making money for a living, or when he is in danger and he urges himself to survive because of SS . For example, when he was in the competition and sang his 'mantra', or when he was kidnapped in epi 23 and thought that he had to go back because SS was waiting at home, or whenever he got annoyed every time LQ mentioned SS. Of course, it would be better if they included the tiny sweet moments from the novel. But, yeah .. perhaps it's hard to stick 100 % to the novel

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rhaps said:

NQ's feelings (drama version) towards SS can be seen from the 'big things' that he does, like making money for a living, or when he is in danger and he urges himself to survive because of SS . For example, when he was in the competition and sang his 'mantra', or when he was kidnapped in epi 23 and thought that he had to go back because SS was waiting at home, or whenever he got annoyed every time LQ mentioned SS. Of course, it would be better if they included the tiny sweet moments from the novel. But, yeah .. perhaps it's hard to stick 100 % to the novel

 

actually im pretty happy they had sticks like 70% to 80% of the books....im happy :) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

actually im pretty happy they had sticks like 70% to 80% of the books....im happy :) 

You 're right

Actually, it's surprising that they manage to stick to the novel like this. Usually, it was much much worse

 

Oh, there's also another scene that I love, in epi 22 .

It is after NQ woke up and wondered whether everything was an illusion or not ( that he had won ). He called SS, and when she arrived, he immediately pinched her cheek :P. Then he realized that it wasn't an illusion, so he shooked her so hard in happiness :lol: ("SS, I did it!!"). After that, SS said,'Young master, next time, could you pinch your own cheek when you haven't fully awaken?" *LOL*

  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

You 're right

Actually, it's surprising that they manage to stick to the novel like this. Usually, it was much much worse

 

Oh, there's also another scene that I love, in epi 22 .

It is after NQ woke up and wondered whether everything was an illusion or not ( that he had won ). He called SS, and when she arrived, he immediately pinched her cheek :P. Then he realized that it wasn't an illusion, so he shooked her so hard in happiness :lol: ("SS, I did it!!"). After that, SS said,'Young master, next time, could you pinch your own cheek when you haven't fully awaken?" *LOL*

 

definitely very NingQue.......lols and SS reaction is just as adorable ROFL :D 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@angelangie WGM is growing on me.

At first I am so angry with him and his blind belief that caused the massacre of General Lin's family.

But the moment he met SS and how he is so delighted at finally finding a disciple and protecting SS... geez.. I even feel touched when he was looking at her with teary eyes.

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, raziela said:

Keep in mind I haven't read the novel so I'm just going by what the C-fans (via Google Translate) are saying: 

 

- It seems most of the fans were relatively happy with the earlier episodes but they said the drama isn't doing a good job of portraying how deep NQ and SS relationship, the depth of their connection and love for each other and everything they have been through. 

 

- In the novel it's clear NQ can't live without SS but in the drama it seems like he can survive without her easily.  It seems more like just a young master - maid relationship particularly in the more recent episodes

 

- Also the drama weakened SS's character, given her insufficient scenes, has her worrying and thinking about NQ all the time but we don't see the same care or worry reciprocated in NQ's treatment of SS.

 

- In the novel NQ thinks about and talks about SS a lot in the trip to wilderness but in the drama he barely thinks about her at all and is too busy making heart eyes at Mo Shan Shan :rolleyes:.  The drama is also making the romance with MSS seem like some deep, epic romance when it isn't like that in the novel.   Meanwhile poor SS in the drama is back home lonely, thinking about him all of the time:tears:

 

- They are also angry it is taking up so much episode time given that there are only 60 episodes in the series. Apparently it seems like NQ-SS won't be reunited until about episode 42 (maybe even later). So if NQ-SS do develop feelings for each other later in the drama it won't be believable when the drama already hasn't adequately developed the depth of their relationship, there is still lots of plot to cover and not too many episodes ago NQ was falling in love with MSS :unsure:

 

:cry:

Totally disagree with this and you should ignore Weibo shippers they are extreme. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello to all my chingu’s 

@mrsj3n.... I do agree the scenes with MSS is kinda bored but I think because she doesn’t talk much, seems fragile so NQ wants to protect her. I don’t think NQ is falling for her but he does like her. 

@raziela... Since I am reading the novel, I understand why the some fans are annoyed because in the novel, Once NQ and SA are together the whole world disappears. Their closeness are so strong. I am worried that they will rush NQ and SS’s romance but I think if we were to rewatch some scenes the in love moments already occurred

1. When SS was drying NQ after the fight in the Chao mansion

2. When he found out that SS was his object of fate

3. When he fantasizes that SS cooked him her special noodles

4.After passing his test, Sang Sang running to him he looked euphoric seeing her and so much more scenes that shows his love.

5. When he looked ready to kill the Prince for trying to kiss Sang Sang

There are

more other scene that we should all count  scenes as part of their feelings are getting stronger. For the drama itself they might have been afraid of adapting every details from the novel would make it uninteresting so decided to spice thing up. But their spicing things up is making the fans very upset . 

 

I mean their characters can develop in season two ;p 

 

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Ohh I agree about this one! :(

 

I'm annoyed about this too. I've also been waiting for the moments when he remembered SS, but up until epi 36, it seemed that he only remembered her like twice or something. In the novel, he should mention SS several times, so that MSS got worried and thought what kind of girl SS was.

 

That can still come.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

@angelangie WGM is growing on me.

At first I am so angry with him and his blind belief that caused the massacre of General Lin's family.

But the moment he met SS and how he is so delighted at finally finding a disciple and protecting SS... geez.. I even feel touched when he was looking at her with teary eyes.

 

 

there is a moment he questions his own belief and say is his belief wrong after all this while?

 

i think if a person live to be this old but can actually start questions his own belief.....i guess he deserve a second chance.....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Totally disagree with this and you should ignore Weibo shippers they are extreme. 

 

agreed.....they are too extreme :) the main points i venture into Weibo is for PICTURES!!!! :D

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello to all my chingu’s 

@mrsj3n.... I do agree the scenes with MSS is kinda bored but I think because she doesn’t talk much, seems fragile so NQ wants to protect her. I don’t think NQ is falling for her but he does like her. 

 

Eh... MSS is definitely not fragile.

She can fight her own battle which is cool.

However the way it is scripted.. for now.. it does seems that NQ has fallen for her hence it really irks me a lot until he mentioned about SS and that got me feeling a little happy that he finally remembers SS!

Again.. looking at the previews for episode 37 onwards, I'm back to feeling peeved again. *sigh*

I wish they focus on their quest instead of making puppy eyes at each other.

 

@angelangie yes agreed. Now I want to see how will he feel if he find out about SS real identity or when he finally get to meet NQ.

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Eh... MSS is definitely not fragile.

She can fight her own battle which is cool.

However the way it is scripted.. for now.. it does seems that NQ has fallen for her hence it really irks me a lot until he mentioned about SS and that got me feeling a little happy that he finally remembers SS!

Again.. looking at the previews for episode 37 onwards, I'm back to feeling peeved again. *sigh*

I wish they focus on their quest instead of making puppy eyes at each other.

 

@angelangie yes agreed. Now I want to see how will he feel if he find out about SS real identity or when he finally get to meet NQ.

 

 

 

 

lols one of the main reason i always tell u guys to tell me only when MSS get out of NQ life :x

  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Eh... MSS is definitely not fragile.

She can fight her own battle which is cool.

However the way it is scripted.. for now.. it does seems that NQ has fallen for her hence it really irks me a lot until he mentioned about SS and that got me feeling a little happy that he finally remembers SS!

Again.. looking at the previews for episode 37 onwards, I'm back to feeling peeved again. *sigh*

I wish they focus on their quest instead of making puppy eyes at each other.

 

@angelangie yes agreed. Now I want to see how will he feel if he find out about SS real identity or when he finally get to meet NQ.

 

 

 

@mrsj3n.... What I mean is that She doesn’t have SS’s energy. Her powers are cool. But if 

Spoiler

 During the battle with the Generals subordinate, she looked so winded after a few fight scenes. She can hardly stand. She has a strong mind , strong power but her Martial Art isn’t Amazing in my eyes . Lol lol .

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

Episode 47? :( That means it'll be next NEXT week when we see their reunion and at that point, there are only 13 episodes left.... WHY!  lol

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coffeereads said:

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

 

sigh.....that is a long wait :) and we got the novel till then :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

sigh.....that is a long wait :) and we got the novel till then :D 

Exactly thank god we have the novel right @angelangie... I think i will  be going crazy if it wasn't out

 

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the Itch NIng que has to calligraphy. His fantasy on being the Emperor’s tutor because his hand writing is just terrible to Nq’s Eyes . NQ is hilarious. I just love him. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...