[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

15 hours ago, raziela said:

I agree the child actor was too old.

I thought they aged them up for the drama and SS is about 14-15 years old and NQ 19-20 years old?

You are correct @raziela... When adapting a drama to tv, they always age up the kids for some kind of reason. I can list a bunch of drama who has the characters a bit older than they weee actually in the novel. It maybe it would offend sensitive viewers. Like some viewers can’t see SS and NQ as a couple because he raised her from a babe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I want to know what's the deal with everyone hating on the Demon sect folks, beside worshipping Hades(being darkness of the world)/cultivating differently? 

From what Ive seen so far, they dont seem like a bad group of people, just people living like every else.  Are they allowed to enter other territory without punishment? They seem to get killed everytime onscreen. 

Also, isn't LQ a prisoner of war(replacement for his brother). He seems to go about casually doing whatever he pleases. Is he allowed to venture in/out of the Tang empire whenever he wants? Im suprise there arent any Tang Guards stationed to oversee/watch LQ just in case he decides to ploy a coup. 

@greenwatch08..... It is about their faith in light and darkness.  IR , people are scared of what they don't understand. Even NQ doesn't believe in that Demon Sect are evi. He considers them to be people first, if their faith is in the darkness so be it , it doesn't mean it evil because it is their faith like the faith Xiling believes in are light.  I have no ideas if what is wrote should be in a spoiler tag, Not wanting to offend anyone I did so. 

Spoiler

I think even Fu Zi doesn't believe that the Demon Sect are evil, he knows the Eternal Night is coming , which will force the Demon Sect to come to Tang. We all saw what happened the last times. He knows the Demon Sect is just trying to survive and protect their tribe and family. NQ will surely be on their side because he knows how hard it is to survive and what is wrong with the Demon Sect wanting to protect their loved onesss.  

I am so glad @angelangie we are on the same page on why Demon Sect and Xiling are at war. It is due to their belief. I think people in general and RL take their beliefs to a whole new level. Some never know to respect someones's belief and make it difficult to have peace among all religions.  This why I don't to much emphasis on religion. I believe in respecting people and their beliefs as they do the same for me. :heart::heart:  It breaks my heart :heartbreak::heartbreak: when i see people use their faith or belief in hurting others. smh smh smh 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Great masters fight with SS as refereeB)

How sweet of CPP to accompany SS.  He is her guardian angel.  :love:

No. But CPP is NQ-SS #1 shipper :D

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

36 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@greenwatch08..... It is about their faith in light and darkness.  IR , people are scared of what they don't understand. Even NQ doesn't believe in that Demon Sect are evi. He considers them to be people first, if their faith is in the darkness so be it , it doesn't mean it evil because it is their faith like the faith Xiling believes in are light.  I have no ideas if what is wrote should be in a spoiler tag, Not wanting to offend anyone I did so. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think even Fu Zi doesn't believe that the Demon Sect are evil, he knows the Eternal Night is coming , which will force the Demon Sect to come to Tang. We all saw what happened the last times. He knows the Demon Sect is just trying to survive and protect their tribe and family. NQ will surely be on their side because he knows how hard it is to survive and what is wrong with the Demon Sect wanting to protect their loved onesss.  

True.

I really want to see this aspect explored more in terms of the bigger picture/overall narrative of the story. 

Im definitely looking foward to the big reveal on SS's identity. I thinks that will play a huge part in challenging/creating a shift in ideals & morality, and even relationships w/people.  I love that SS's existence is a major core of EN. I want to see how this plays out onscreen, since Im not familiar w/ the webnovel. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im definitely looking foward to the big reveal on SS's identity. I thinks that will play a huge part in challenging/creating a shift in ideals & morality, and even relationships w/people.

Spoiler

If you mean SS's divine identity, i think that content will be in S2. My guess is the climax for s1 is the NQ-XH duel and the season will end with NQ-SS leaving to find a cure for her cold disease. 

• Like 5

I really wished they had given the reason to why Ning Que doesn't like the Princess. 

Spoiler

I don't recall ever saying I disliked the Princess but I don't like her. I really thought she liked Sang Sang but in Episode 27 , it seems she is only using Sang Sang as way to SPy on Ning Que or control him because of Sang Sang.

But in the novel she really seem to like her. She even tried to poach her off Ning Que. Ning Que saw how close she was to her Princess and pulled her to his side.  How dare she tell Ning Que SS doesn't tell a good story. I have to disagree with the witch, SS tells a great Story especially when it is about NQ. She is so happy, her smile is so bright when she talks about him. 

In the drama , they haven't really given us  a solid reason to why NQ dislike the Princess and NQ knows The Princess has designs for him. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Reveal hidden contents

If you mean SS's divine identity, i think that content will be in S2. My guess is the climax for s1 is the NQ-XH duel and the season will end with NQ-SS leaving to find a cure for her cold disease. 

Oh really? Viki sypnosis really fooled me. I only knew about SS's identity because it was in the description box on Viki so I assumed it would be revealed this season. I guess Ill have to patiently wait until next year or so for S2(or read after S1 is done).

Thank you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Welcome to the thread @stucked. What do you think of the drama? Are you reading the novel?

Thank you @UnniSarah :) Ever Night was just a random drama suggestion by a website and since I love wuxia and currently in a kdrama slump, I tried it and it was the best decision ever. LOL That was my point if no return. 

I was already fascinated by these Chinese dramas but Ever Night really took the top, even topping Ashes of Love for me. The action scenes was just so cinematic, I’m just in awe everytime. So I’m reading the novel (catching up to it) and real-time watching the drama. :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stucked said:

Thank you @UnniSarah :) Ever Night was just a random drama suggestion by a website and since I love wuxia and currently in a kdrama slump, I tried it and it was the best decision ever. LOL That was my point if no return. 

I was already fascinated by these Chinese dramas but Ever Night really took the top, even topping Ashes of Love for me. The action scenes was just so cinematic, I’m just in awe everytime. So I’m reading the novel (catching up to it) and real-time watching the drama. :) 

@angelangie  Hi chingu , take your time

@stucked .. I too was in kdrama slump and took up this drama. I bhave been hooked since I started watching this drama. I am also reading the the novel and loving it. You are right, drama feels like a movie instead of tv show.  The action are perfect, the script, the performances are just perfect.  

• Like 4

To all my chingu's 

I wonder why they intoduced the Princess's brother and the Empresse's son in the drama. I still haven't seen any of their presence in the Novel???? I think these two characters seams USELESS , LIKE NING QUE WOULD SAY. 

Spoiler

i FOUND IT VERY FUNNY THAT THE PRINCESS IS ALSO USING THE 'USELESS " SINCE MEETING NING QUE. NING QUE SURE DO HAVE GOOD INFLUENCES ON PEOPLE WHETHER THEY ARE POOR OR RICH.. LOL LOL 

haha-milk-bottle-emoticon.gifhaha-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

35 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie  Hi chingu , take your time

@stucked .. I too was in kdrama slump and took up this drama. I bhave been hooked since I started watching this drama. I am also reading the the novel and loving it. You are right, drama feels like a movie instead of tv show.  The action are perfect, the script, the performances are just perfect.  

Indeed!

You know what I love in this thread? 

It is when you guys are mentioning spoilers and then put it under tags. For those who’re new in this thread like me it’s totally like finding precious gifts. :D 

So please continue doing that. :) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, stucked said:

Indeed!

You know what I love in this thread? 

It is when you guys are mentioning spoilers and then put it under tags. For those who’re new in this thread like me it’s totally like finding precious gifts. :D 

So please continue doing that. :) 

@stucked   Aren't they like opening precious gifts? I love them too. It makes me so giddy when I see it in this thread. giphy.gif

Is this a red herring  Spoiler Alert   ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED. worry-cheetah-emoticon.gif

Spoiler

A lot of fans has said it was never implied that Ning Que was THE GENERAL'S SON????? BOTH IN THE DRAMA AND THE NOVEL IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED THAT THE GENERAL'S SON WAS ALIVE.  CHECK IT OUT CHAPTER 92  THE LAST 4 PARAGRAPHS.  NING QUE NEVER DENIED??? i AM SO CONFUSED.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

To all my chingu's 

I wonder why they intoduced the Princess's brother and the Empresse's son in the drama. I still haven't seen any of their presence in the Novel???? I think these two characters seams USELESS , LIKE NING QUE WOULD SAY. 

Reveal hidden contents

i FOUND IT VERY FUNNY THAT THE PRINCESS IS ALSO USING THE 'USELESS " SINCE MEETING NING QUE. NING QUE SURE DO HAVE GOOD INFLUENCES ON PEOPLE WHETHER THEY ARE POOR OR RICH.. LOL LOL 

They’re not mentioned in the novel? For real? Wow. I think they’re more less used as plot devices in the drama. Both are puppets to be used in the power struggle in the palace. Since we’re talking about the princess, for me, she’s the most useless one. That’s just me. I can do without seeing her in the drama at all. Her character was supposed to be magnificent but she just comes off as too petty and a hypocrite for me. She is someone who blatantly uses her authority over others even though she has no real power in court and then feel victimized once her goal isn’t reached. Pathetic really. And the way she’s always ogling at NingQue when NQ isn’t even interested in her then using SangSang to spy on him and pretending to be nice to her is just a really really low act. Yeah. I’m hating on her. Sorry. :D 

And I haven’t even started watching the ep with MSS anf NQ being all lovey-dovey. Good luck to me. LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, stucked said:

They’re not mentioned in the novel? For real? Wow. I think they’re more less used as plot devices in the drama. Both are puppets to be used in the power struggle in the palace. Since we’re talking about the princess, for me, she’s the most useless one. That’s just me. I can do without seeing her in the drama at all. Her character was supposed to be magnificent but she just comes off as too petty and a hypocrite for me. She is someone who blatantly uses her authority over others even though she has no real power in court and then feel victimized once her goal isn’t reached. Pathetic really. And the way she’s always ogling at NingQue when NQ isn’t even interested in her then using SangSang to spy on him and pretending to be nice to her is just a really really low act. Yeah. I’m hating on her. Sorry. :D 

And I haven’t even started watching the ep with MSS anf NQ being all lovey-dovey. Good luck to me. LOL

@stuckedSo far , I haven't seen on scene at all. It seems to me they are taking up to much screen time in the drama when they should be giving us more screen time with out NingSang chingu.  so very disappointed.... :cold_sweat::sweatingbullets::bawling::bawling:   You have nothing to worry about, you won't even like her at all. lol lol she is also " USELESS"   LOL LOL   :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

To all my chingu's 

Hide contents

In the book, They are background character that will play a part in ch 600 and above during a power struggle in Tang.

The thing is, drama can’t be like that. For coherent storyline they have to be shown to us viewers.

Just like He Mingchi’s role as a spy... I didn’t know about about it before ch 600+  Its a supprise for me in the book; but in the drama, I think it does work better that we know that he’s a spy ... it adds that menacing aspect. 

Like you, I wish they’re shown less.. but what can we do? LOL... 

btw .. Hi @stucked .. LOL i kinda miss seeing your “shark grin” gif... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Honestly, I gave up following the thread.

I finally understand how the rest feel in the thread for "legend of fuyao" :lol:

It's a bit hard to remember not to talk on the latest episodes and to discuss only the subbed episodes but then there are discussion on the novels which are not even airing yet. :sweatingbullets:

So which is allowed now?

#justsaying

• LOL 3