[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

:lol: over the top is the correct word for a lot of them alright.... 

---------------------

Anyway.. this BTS just pop out in my YT timeline... 

BTS of Ep1. Despite what everyone say... I happen to love episode one... The fight scene... the landscape... and everything.. It was love at first sight for me.... hahaha.. including Ning Que's shamelessness...:lol:

• LOL 5

Spoiler

Many of the novel into drama adaption are time traveling but they change it up due to the "rules" Like Legend of Yunxi and Princess Agent.  Let's see how EN is played out!!! 

I really do enjoy NQ picking up SS like a sack of rice........

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hello guys, my first time posting here.  I read thru all the comments and enjoyed everybody's posts.  I love this drama so much.  

Ok, now for the dudes who have been looking for the English translation of this novel, I have found a link.  Here it is. 

https://www.readlightnovel.org/nightfall

Hope this is the correct one.  Enjoy!!!!!!

Now I am going straight into chapters 358 and 359 to read.:wub::love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ep 31-32 :tears:

Spoiler

Ahhh Ep. 31 makes me sad, SS and NQ's separation feels like a story of a soldier and his wife.

NQ's has been putting a stern face since ep 30 in front of SS since he told her he's going on a mission. Sigh....

For me he's acting this way because He doesn't want to make it harder for SS, that's why he tells her not to send him off... :tears: 

He then tell her to go back, be good and wait for him to come home  ... and then after she's gone he's the one remembering their past...   awww these twooo is making me soft.... 

giphy.gif

And then the scene of SS missing NQ breaks my heart. Reading them was hard, but watching it in the drama is even more so. The director just had to show it to us over and over again huh? :sweatingbullets: 

Finally Wei Guang Ming appears... I'm not sure how to describe my feeling. He makes me feel sad all of the sudden. 

I like Ep 32. 

For me, Ning Que acted as shameless as ever....:lol:

gs3_8157091580677612617.jpg

--------------------------------

Anyway this is a short trailer from EN weibo, I think this is released for some kind of TV award, I'm not sure... but god! This is so good! Seriously so good! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My feeling about Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming

Spoiler

Watching Ep 31 makes me feel sad all of the sudden for Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming.

I happen to think at this point of time, WGM and Yan Se is not so different after all.

They are old now..and I guess eventho they have big obligation to their faith and sect, due to their age what they want the most is finding someone to pass down their knowledge.

Just like Yan Se finding Ning Que, Wei Guang Ming finding Sang Sang feels more precious now.

Having a successor for them is like a needle in a haystack. So for me, Sang Sang & Ning Que is their lucky chance to finally found a successor, a pseudo child. So afterward when they die, they can die peacefully.

DtJ9uM1V4AAylJR.jpgDtJ9uM6UcAAH1ZV.jpg

DtJ9uM0U8AA81kk.jpgDtJ9uTsU0AANFqS.jpg

• Like 6

@lynne22... 

Spoiler

Isn't it Ironic that Wei Guang Ming chose Sang Sang as his desciple when Xiling has been grooming LQ to be his disciple.  Wei Guang Ming told LQ he could never be his disciple because he has to much emotions ( greed and ambitions) in his heart. To be the Grand Priest of Light  they must be pure. Yan Se adore NQ because he is a mini version of him , full of mischief, Sang Sang is serious and has a big heart just like Wei Guang Ming. Then both are mirror images of themselves. 

• Like 5

@UnniSarah 

Spoiler

Indeed... :sweatingbullets: I find need ironic indeed. It's fate I guesss LoL

The philosophy I gain here is that I think when you reach certain age like them... you will be wondering what is the meaning of your life... is it riches.. is it family.. is it worldly possession or something else like a fulfilled life without regrets. 

I see Yan Se and WGM has finally found their peace now.. so they can be at ease in whatever they will do in the future....

@pad-hari

Spoiler

Sang Sang is a reincarnation of Hades. But unbeknownst to all, Hades and Haotion, the God everyone is worshiping are actually one and the same. She's a Goddess. 

When Wei Guang Ming met her, he saw her pureness.. she was bathed in light..... that's why he wants her as her successor... She's light and transparent... someone very suitable to be his successor.

So yes, it is ironic that he wants to kill her before.. but the problem is no one truly understand that Light and Dark are one and the same... Hades and Haotian is the same...... 

Its a sad tale and tragic for NQ and SS before everyone finally realize this. :tears:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@lynne22  Well said chingu. 

Spoiler

I think they new they were going to die . like their time was near. I don't know why when a person is near death, they have all kinds of thoughts going through their mind. The need of being remembered for their accomplishments or wishing to have found someone who would touch their soul and give them some kind of happiness towards the end. 

Sang Sang little bed time speech sure put him to sleep very comfortable. LOL LOL 

• Like 3

Spoiler

OMG! I wanted to stop reading in the chapter where NQ told SS dad that she will marry her when she turn 16 and promise to make her his main wife and not taking any concubines. And also, he already accepted ZL as his future father in law. 

Chingu, Good News. Just open it when you wanted to be spoiled. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thartie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

OMG! I wanted to stop reading in the chapter where NQ told SS dad that she will marry her when she turn 16 and promise to make her his main wife and not taking any concubines. And also, he already accepted ZL as his future father in law. 

Chingu, Good News. Just open it when you wanted to be spoiled. 

Can you tell me which chapter is on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

actually light and dark is like 'Ying & Yang' where there is darkness there will be light and where there is light there will be darkness.....

u need this two to balance the scales....which is why both Ning Que and SangSang cannot be without each other......too much darkness will kill all the living and too much light will kill the living too....so how u want balance it? and how will it be balance.....NingQue answer Fuzi 'I'm the darkness but I live in the light' his humanity is in SangSang.....SangSang need NingQue as her shield in life......without NingQue she cant fully operate......why probably because they are 2 halves meant to be 1

Well said @angelangie... I totally agree.  Soulmate, meant to be together, that is why he never thought of living without Sang Sang. She is like home, a part of him and acceptance of the monster her is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

actually light and dark is like 'Ying & Yang' where there is darkness there will be light and where there is light there will be darkness.....

u need this two to balance the scales....which is why both Ning Que and SangSang cannot be without each other......too much darkness will kill all the living and too much light will kill the living too....so how u want balance it? and how will it be balance.....NingQue answer Fuzi 'I'm the darkness but I live in the light' his humanity is in SangSang.....SangSang need NingQue as her shield in life......without NingQue she cant fully operate......why probably because they are 2 halves meant to be 1

Hello Everyone, I search for this thread and couldn't find it so I just happen to luck up on it.. Thanks for the opening @angelangie  Glad to see some names of my fellow soompiers here enjoying this drama also.. I like your therory on Sang Sang and Ning Que.. I'm loving there relationship.. Sang Sang is apart of him and Ning Que is a part of her without the 2 not one them will exsits..

• Like 1

Spoiler translation for ep 31

Spoiler

SS: Young Master

NQ: Why did you come, didn't we agree you wouldn't come to see me off. You didn't listen. Why didn't you stay at home?

SS: Young master can be without Sang Sang but you can't be without it.

NQ: I especially left it with you. Take it home, listen to me.

SS: Young Master you take it.

NQ: OK, I will definitely protect this big black umbrella and also the black horse.

SS: And also yourself.

NQ: Don't cry, if you make me cry, they will laugh at me, do you hear? Do you want your families Young Master to be laughed at?

SS: shakes head

NQ: Be good and wait for me at home, do you hear?

SS: nods head

NQ: Go back home

SS: hug, sniff, sniff:tears:

NQ: Don't cry. You will make me cry, they will laugh at me. OK, quickly go back home.

SS voice-over: Young Master, the next time you go out, you definitely need to remember to take me with you. Waiting for you at home by myself, the feeling is difficult to bear.

NQ voice-over: Sang Sang, wait for me at home, I will definitely come back.

OK so I wasn't looking forward to NQ-SS separation and NQ-MSS lovey-dovey but I went back to read those chapters and

Spoiler

there is no doubt that NQ loves SS, although he doesn't realize it yet, it's 100% clear to everyone around him.  Basically, NQs thoughts, decisions, and choices all revolve around protecting SS and making her happy.  And by keeping SS safe he is happy and avoids feeling anxiety and pain.  I especially liked the part where he decided to take on LQs bet and shoot the arrow just because LQ mentioned Sang Sang's name.  And also the part where he decided to live even if it meant joining the devil because he wanted to spend his life with Sang Sang and was worried about what would happen to her if he died.  But I wonder if the drama will go there because WOW did it get dark and really really icky:crazy:

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

I agree. This was the reason why Fu Zi chose NQ instead of LQ. LQ chose 100% the light and choosing 100% of either light or dark would mean choosing the darkness.  Without SS I think NQ might have become a big villain because in the novel at least he is quite ruthless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Spoiler

If SS is both Light and Dark, why is she affected by the bell and the Light of Buddha to the point of near death???

I can't wait to see when NQ gives SS a kiss.  I thought it was so cute because NQ became shy instead of SS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Thanks a lot!

This is my fave scenes for this week . I thought that the scene was well done. I felt that the acting wasn't really appropriate at first, but after I re-watched it, it's good.

Yes at first I was wondering why NQ was being so cold towards SS but then I saw that he was actually trying really hard to hold back his tears :tears: And his eyes were all red and teary.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I have guessed that :

Reveal hidden contents

he was afraid that his friends would see her cried, so he was being cold. But even though he was cold, he still put his hands on her shoulders and tried to stop her from crying (and refused to see her ).  Now I see that I was wrong. He was afraid that he was the one who was crying :P . I think his reaction was pretty natural. He was a guy ( a soldier, a tough one, that is ), and now he had to face her crying and hugging him in front of everyone. Of course he would be embarrassed. When my previous boss resigned , we were sad in his farewell party, but he kept a cool face. His boss kinda teased him,"Don't you feel that you want to cry or something?". Then he said,"I'm a guy". LOL .. yeah, so I understand NQ :D

haha yes it must be a guy thing to want to keep looking cool in front of friends:D

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks a lot!

This is my fave scenes for this week . I thought that the scene was well done. I felt that the acting wasn't really appropriate at first, but after I re-watched it, it's good.

@rhaps... Chingu , when I saw him being cold to her I didn’t like it one bit. But once I saw episode 31, I read the body language of NQ. He wanted to hug her, he didn’t want to let her go but he just couldn’t take her with him. Remember he has being trying to get another Totem so his Sang Sang wouldn’t get hurt.  I noticed sometimes watching a foreign drama a couple of times before you can really enjoy it. I wonder why that is??

• Like 1