[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Hi all, silent lurker! I decided to post because this drama is sooo good! Waiting for subs is torture! 

Anyway while waiting for subs I decided to read the novel and dang I can't believe the twist! 

Hopefully those that completed the book please answer my burning question...since now I'm torture waiting for drama subs and English translated chapters! Lol

Question:

Spoiler

Does it have a happy ending with ning wue staying loyal and loving sangsang only? Since sangsang is Yama's daughter and up to latest chapter that Mo Shan Shan kept showing up and even Sangsang told Mo Shan Shan and NQ they get get together after she died.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Cheng Chao said:

Hi all, silent lurker! I decided to post because this drama is sooo good! Waiting for subs is torture! 

Anyway while waiting for subs I decided to read the novel and dang I can't believe the twist! 

Hopefully those that completed the book please answer my burning question...since now I'm torture waiting for drama subs and English translated chapters! Lol

Question:

Hide contents

Does it have a happy ending with ning wue staying loyal and loving sangsang only? Since sangsang is Yama's daughter and up to latest chapter that Mo Shan Shan kept showing up and even Sangsang told Mo Shan Shan and NQ they get get together after she died.

Same here while waiting for the sub , I decided to read the translated novel and got even more tortured waiting them to translate more. 

:dissapointed:

• Like 1

new piece ost come out on spotify! I wonder when this song will be played, most likely the epic scene, since the song is sound epic to me CMIIW.

And i have another question, sori for this...

Spoiler

On ep 14, the police (forget the name), found NQ's academy clothes in the street, that still covered with blood, how come? I remember that NQ still wear his black robe with the academy uniform until he is healed by CPP. 

Edited by epinklyn
Adding a question
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, rhaps said:

Pls cmiiw. I think the subscription to vikii is only meant for removing the adds, but NO english subtitle included, isnt it? That really sounds funny to me, because they have to rely on fans to help them to sub their dramas

Its so they get subbed at all, there are teams on viki that i doubt would sub this show if it wasnt there. 

Viki buy the shows normally in 1080p and then get them subbed.. ever night has i think to 7/8 in multiple languages.

15 hours ago, dzareth said:

I think China productions are usually pre-produced, so i don't think you'll find active sets. Unless they are shooting for the next season. If you mean the location, then do share some pics here when you return:D

Well the city for Ever Night is actually really built and used for alot of drama's so im pretty sure u could visit that. 

Can someone tell me how strong Ning Que gets ? 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Can someone tell me how strong Ning Que gets ? 

From what I remembered on ep 2 or 3, when NQ rescued LY princess in the journey back to Tang, NQ chat with LQC the senior talisman (maybe same level with YanSe), LQC ask NQ about what does he feel about energy or something, I forgot, NQ answer as big as an ocean. Then the talisman said it is no way and mocked NQ, because by far the greatest cultivator is only feel like a river or pond, and the weakest one is like a drop of water. 

So maybe NQ will be as greatest as FuZi or more? CMIIW. Maybe we should wait the ones who have read novel completely.

• Like 4

@Wotad At the end, NQ will be pretty strong compared to his other peers, but he will still not be the strongest. He's strong enough to defend against his enemy for sure. And that's all that matters. :lol:

What I really want to take note is that the reason for NQ breaking to another level is because of threats to SS. It happen during his leveling up to Seethrough, and again to Destiny knowing level. 

@epinklyn About the video, rumor has it, its a preview for ep 34 

Spoiler

NQ is going on a mission. And Master Yan Se is giving him few talisman gift to help him if there's any trouble. 

But, for me it's sad because

Spoiler

This is the last time they will ever meet. 

@UnniSarah Yes.. He has major trust issues... In the outset he looks and acts shameless that it's embarrassing to watch,, but in truth he's cold and ruthless to get his goal... The thing is he has SS in his life.. that's why he still have the ability to retain his warm attitude, because he has SS that needs him the most since she's a baby.... And that's why NQ is such an interesting character for me... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i believe he will get really strong......that is how he will managed to keep SangSang by his sides....

everyone will be aftering SangSang at a point.....however im still yet to reach that part for now....

the parts i got is that he was thrown into the back mountain to learn and think things thru by FuZi....and FuZi make NingQue brought along SangSang :) seems like FuZi knew how to look into things that NingQue could not be without SangSang :) 

you make a point if Sang Sang gets the whole world after her then he will be really strong then what about Long Quin i thought hes supposed to be his "rival". 

45 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@Wotad At the end, NQ will be pretty strong compared to his other peers, but he will still not be the strongest. He's strong enough to defend against his enemy for sure. And that's all that matters. :lol:

What I really want to take note is that the reason for NQ breaking to another level is because of threats to SS. It happen during his leveling up to Seethrough, and again to Destiny knowing level. 

Reveal hidden contents

NQ is going on a mission. And Master Yan Se is giving him few talisman gift to help him if there's any trouble. 

Reveal hidden contents

@UnniSarah Yes.. He has major trust issues... In the outset he looks and acts shameless that it's embarrassing to watch,, but in truth he's cold and ruthless to get his goal... The thing is he has SS in his life.. that's why he still have the ability to retain his warm attitude, because he has SS that needs him the most since she's a baby.... And that's why NQ is such an interesting character for me... 

how would he not be the strongest if he can see a ocean like someone else said above? whose the strongest then ;p 

I really like OP characters who are truly the best.

• LOL 1

55 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Thx for the explanation @lynne22

Spoiler

Why they will not be seeing each other again? I heard NQ talk about LQ. Is it bcos master YS is very old and NQ mission is hard so they never know when they can see each other again? Hiks.. 

i love the way NQ interact with everybody, despite couple days or years, he really true to the heart, i feel sad seeing every farewell, first it is 老马, then CSS, and now Master YS.

After reading @lynne22 @angelangie @UnniSarah post about NQ character, it really makes me more and more admire about him! Revenge is usually make someone doesnt care for anybody include his lover and friends, but not for NQ, he is so lucky to have people around him who teach him about kindness, moral and love, there are SS, 老吗,master YS, CSS and the gang, the academy and FuZi & his pupils.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they will scorn cause you see it means that he is a talent among the talent and this kind of talent that usually either the higher up will try to get to their sides or if not able to bring him over to their sides they will proceed to kill it before it got too strong for them to do so......

when NingQue saw the ocean it will indicate that he will got so strong that even FuZi will be beneath him.....im not sure what FuZi seen......cultivator stories tends to get exaggerated for the hero :D 

Yeah so this makes me think who truly is the strongest in this world ;p 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

LOL.. NQ is pretty strong in my opinion. In time he will have other lucky encounters and became even stronger. But you just can't escape the power of TIME, because in this story, the older you are the stronger you will become. 

Spoiler

And the oldest person in the story is Fuzi, the teacher. So yes.. He is the stongest, even after he ascended to the sky and became the Moon of the universe. 

The Ranking should be:

1. Fuzi

2. Junior Uncle, Ke Haoran (died)

3. Zhishou Abbey Leader, Chen something (I can't remember) He's chen pipi's father 

4. Eldest brother, Li Manman

5. 3rd Sister, Yu Lian

etc

Ye Hong Yu, Ning Que and Mo Shan Shan is almost as strong... but on different aspect. 

On Fighting skill YHY and NQ are on par. 

I guess the thing that set NQ apart from other cultivator is because he combines his wits/combat abilities with his power due to his background in the military. And not many cultivator have this kind of mindset. 

He's might not be as strong in the term of power with his opponents but in the term of will and smart, he has it in spades. And that's what gave him victory against enemies who are in higher level. It's pretty satisfying for me to read them. 

Spoiler

And don't forget NQ was hugging SS, (his totem)  when he dreams of the ocean.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

LOL.. NQ is pretty strong in my opinion. In time he will have other lucky encounters and became even stronger. But you just can't escape the power of TIME, because in this story, the older you are the stronger you will become. 

Hide contents

And the oldest person in the story is Fuzi, the teacher. So yes.. He is the stongest, even after he ascended to the sky and became the Moon of the universe. 

The Ranking should be:

1. Fuzi

2. Junior Uncle, Ke Haoran (died)

3. Zhishou Abbey Leader, Chen something (I can't remember) He's chen pipi's father 

4. Eldest brother, Li Manman

5. 3rd Sister, Yu Lian

etc

Ye Hong Yu, Ning Que and Mo Shan Shan is almost as strong... but on different aspect. 

On Fighting skill YHY and NQ are on par. 

I guess the thing that set NQ apart from other cultivator is because he combines his wits/combat abilities with his power due to his background in the military. He's might not be as strong in the term of power with his opponents but in the term of will and smart, he has it in spades. And that's what gave him victory against enemies who are in higher level. It's pretty satisfying for me to read them.

Hide contents

And don't forget NQ was hugging SS, (his totem)  when he dreams of the ocean.... 

Spoiler

What ep is that? The one NQ hugging ss when he dreams of the ocean?

One more question, the dream that NQ have in the caravan after rescuing LY princess on the journey back to Tang, the scary oldman, any clue? Or he is really the king of hades, NQ 'father'

• Like 1

@epinklyn 

About Yan Se

Spoiler

Ep. 34 is their goodbye, because Yan Se and WGM will die in a "peaceful battle" in the future. :(

35 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Hide contents

What ep is that? The one NQ hugging ss when he dreams of the ocean?

One more question, the dream that NQ have in the caravan after rescuing LY princess on the journey back to Tang, the scary oldman, any clue? Or he is really the king of hades, NQ 'father'

About this Question,

Spoiler

Well, in the book, NQ always dream of the ocean and other premonition while hugging SS. It has something to do with his connection with SS. SS is not an ordinary person you know ;) She's powerful on her own. 

The old man in his dream is connected with his trial during to enter the 2nd floor too... it's Fuzi...

This is a spoiler so better not read it if you don't want to be spoiled. 

Spoiler

His dream is a premonition of a future event in relation to Eternal Night and Sang Sang.... and its constantly changing..... but the things that stay the same is how Fuzi always ask his to "choose". That's because Fuzi from the start already know about NQ's origin, and he wants to know if NQ has the answer he seek. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@epinklyn 

About Yan Se

Hide contents

Ep. 34 is their goodbye, because Yan Se and WGM will die in a "peaceful battle" in the future. :(

About this Question,

Hide contents

Well, in the book, NQ always dream of the ocean and other premonition while hugging SS. It has something to do with his connection with SS. SS is not an ordinary person you know ;) She's powerful on her own. 

The old man in his dream is connected with his trial during to enter the 2nd floor too... it's Fuzi...

This is a spoiler so better not read it if you don't want to be spoiled. 

Hide contents

His dream is a premonition of a future event in relation to Eternal Night and Sang Sang.... and its constantly changing..... but the things that stay the same is how Fuzi always ask his to "choose". That's because Fuzi from the start already know about NQ's origin, and he wants to know if NQ has the answer he seek. 

Thx @lynne22, Ah so sad. I saw the scene in trailer, where WGM n YS playing chess and using their power until they break the chess.

Spoiler

But WGM will be SS teacher first maybe couple months before the 'peacefull battle' right?

Omg it is FuZi all the time in NQ dream, then I think NQ is like the chosen one, or potensial to be one of the strongest cultivator in the world :wub:

I dont mind spoiler since I dont read the novel, anyone know where to buy english translation of this novel? I prefer book not ebook. I have read some of it on webnovel, but since so many people said webnovel not accurate, i stopped.

22 minutes ago, angelangie said:

the one person who u can do without will be the one person who will either bring you doom or happiness 

Nice quote! Spot on!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I dont mind spoiler since I dont read the novel, anyone know where to buy english translation of this novel? I prefer book not ebook. I have read some of it on webnovel, but since so many people said webnovel not accurate, i stopped.

@epinklyn   I Dm you the link to read the novel... Please enjoy chingu.. I ahve been taking my time to read this novel so I can remember everything that I have read.  Lately I have had a lot of typos in my post. lol lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

55 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@epinklyn   I Dm you the link to read the novel... Please enjoy chingu.. I ahve been taking my time to ready this novel so I can remember everything that I have read. 

Ah Thx a lot lot lot lot chingu @UnniSarah!

Now I have Ever Night to read while waiting for the engsub series.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1