Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@lynne22 I will take it as a rumor too chingu. I will keep my fingers crossed real hard.   

I just remembered a scene that was funny. Ning Que finally figured out his birth fate. He decided to use money as a totem and asked Sang Sang some tael. She took off her boots took two bars out and gave it to him. He then smelled the money and took one and put in his clothes and the other working on the other tael. He said he can’t use Sang Sang as his totem. Shaking his head. Lol lol :D 

Then CPP said that his tael totem was really weak *LOL* , because NQ was only able to move it a bit after.that much effort. That was funny for him, to think of money as his 2nd totem after SS *LOL*

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rhaps said:

Then CPP said that his tael totem was really weak *LOL* , because NQ was only able to move it a bit after.that much effort. That was funny for him, to think of money as his 2nd totem after SS *LOL*

I love how CPP made fun of NQ about how stingy he is to choose silver as him totem. :lol: These two are a riot. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@UnniSarah, I just dropped Eternal Love 2 this week. I didn’t like the premise from the beginning. I find it plain silly and couldn’t bring myself to waste the hours anymore. 

 

I would love to continue watching this show into the seasons but changing the main actor is a huge NO for me especially if the first season already made me attached to him. I can’t envision anyone else as NQ. I don’t know about the novel but the actor already embodies my image of who NQ is with all his other characteristics. 

@celebrianna I couldn’t waste my time watching season 2. It was so awful and it didn’t make any sense at all. Listening to them over act every scene made me cringe so badly. Why can’t they just act naturally and so we can all enjoy it so much more

@angelangie... you know there is a site wher you can read it for free. L Does this one have better translation??

Our original NingSang are perfect and We love them already . :heart::heart: 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thartie said:

@pangia I know, right?! They murder the show! I know my words are harsh but the Original Taiwanese Drama is sooooo much better. CFY, although he was born with silver spoon, but he really took his character by heart and even willing to get dirty just to perfectly portrays NQ image. And take note: he doesn't look like he has  make ups on. No filter. Including SS.

So what if he was born with a silver spoon. He doesn't act all high and mighty like some people that became famous and acted like they're all that. He can't help how he was born and yes he worked his butt off, the drama is living proof. A good and pretty face can't move people heart unless they're good at acting. 

 

Song YiRen is also a natural at everything from her personality to her beauty. She is plain at first glance but she is a hidden gem if you keep on looking at her. 

 

Why I love CFY and SYR is that they are so natural, generic and down to earth. They're so different from other couples. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@celebrianna I couldn’t waste my time watching season 2. It was so awful and it didn’t make any sense at all. Listening to them over act every scene made me cringe so badly. Why can’t they just act naturally and so we can all enjoy it so much more

@angelangie... you know there is a site wher you can read it for free. L Does this one have better translation??

Our original NingSang are perfect and We love them already . :heart::heart: 

 

oh.....i think there is....but im too lazy to search with my given internet speed :/

 

but im ok with either Mandarin / English...i have the whole book in mandarin in my ipad so im fine to go by :) 

 

im already at the point where SangSang ran away from home and also NingQue and SangSang is back together and his choice is obvious....just yet to be rely to MoShanShan for now 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NQ said he can't use SS as his totem and scared SS might get hurt. Can someone explain the significant of the Totem? I didn't really get it when CPP explained it in the drama

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another scene was when he was tickling and poking Sang Sang. You see Sang Sang yelling to Ning Que that there is a Ghost in the kitchen because it was tickling her. Her laugh was so contagious and NQ jumps up and picks her up and starts dancing with her. This relationship is so touching and so strong between them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pangia said:

So what if he was born with a silver spoon. He doesn't act all high and mighty like some people that became famous and acted like they're all that. He can't help how he was born and yes he worked his butt off, the drama is living proof. A good and pretty face can't move people heart unless they're good at acting. 

 

Song YiRen is also a natural at everything from her personality to her beauty. She is plain at first glance but she is a hidden gem if you keep on looking at her. 

 

Why I love CFY and SYR is that they are so natural, generic and down to earth. They're so different from other couples. 

Exactly! That's the reason why I'm loving them both too. Usually, the people who are wealthy are always down to earth and they don't over project themselves. CFY is the living proof. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thartie said:

@angelangie I hate you. Hahhaha. I'm envious that you can read Chinese. I guess that's gonna be one of my bucket list now. Enroll in Chinese class and learn the language so I don't need to read subs anymore and get distracted. Lol

 

then i need to thanks my dad for this :D 

 

he was the one who force me to pick up my mandarin...i remember him beating me up for not attending one of test and i got a 'TH' in my report card.... :x

 

a memories i will carry forever with me.....as my dad never lay a finger on me before but that was the only times he hit me!!! :( i was scared and angry.....but now i have to thanks to :) 

 

and my whole family is Mandarin educated and i'm the only one with English Education background....and was force to up my Mandarin if I dont want to be an outcast :) 

 

so i guess all in all i have my family to thanks for :D 

 

okie back to the stories....u will love the books i vouch for it....im reading it in between my break some times....but i didnt bring them to work if not my boss will chop off my head for reading in between works.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I love how CPP made fun of NQ about how stingy he is to choose silver as him totem. :lol: These two are a riot. 

I love their bromance. I was grinning when CPP checked NQ's body for his Qi channel that has just been opened *LOL - ep 15? * They were hillarious :lol:.  And they looked so friendly in ep 17/18, when CPP brought NQ to see 2nd Brother (NQ jumped to his back). Awww..they looked like brothers playing together

 

@angelangie

, good for you for learning Mandarin :)

And I'm on leave now. Been staring at soompi and looking for Ever Night's news *LOL*

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards of this rumour of cast change, it is indeed upsetting if CFY does not continue as NQ. While the CFY does have a lot of areas to improve, I agree with AvenueX that for a newbie, his performance is not bad. There is a degree of rawness that I appreciate, as it suits the change of environment that NQ is experiencing - from the wilderness of Wei to the sophistication of Tang's capital. And CFY is good in the fights scenes.

 

Obviously, body doubles are used extensively in the fight scenes, but whenever the camera pans to CFY, at least he does look like he is delivering a devastating force instead of a choreographed move. I think that is why many viewers are satisfied by the martial art contents. This show delivers that aspect well.

 

And one just cannot NOT love SYR's SS. It has been awhile since we see a lead character that does not LOOK like a bombshell. Although SYR definitely looks better that book-SS, but she's believable. She's small and petite and her nails aren't overly shiny/ manicured (like most actresses' in period drama).

 

I noticed that the live action series seem closer to the manga than the novel. Novel-NQ is colder, manga-NQ is naughtier.

 

If NQ is recasted, I wonder if it is because CFY is uninterested/ unavailable or if the studio is not satisfied with his performance. I don't know who is this Dylan who is rumoured to replace him, but even if he is a better actor than CFY, he definitely has huge shoes to fill because to viewers, CHF IS NQ.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I love their bromance. I was grinning when CPP checked NQ's body for his Qi channel that has just been opened *LOL - ep 15? * They were hillarious :lol:.  And they looked so friendly in ep 17/18, when CPP brought NQ to see 2nd Brother (NQ jumped to his back). Awww..they looked like brothers playing together

 

lols yes they have very nice bromance here....CPP always term himself genius but after a few round of chess games with SangSang heheheh he is now having 2nd thought :D 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Chen Feiyu really has done well, hasnt he? This is his 1st big dramas and has only reached 24 episodes, but a lot of people already love him and dont want him to leave :) . I checked his drama list that he is going to be in With You the movie , replacing Liu Hao Ran in the drama version (I've always thought that he looked like LHR and has the same vibe). And he is having a new fantasy wuxia drama from the author of King's Avatar (is the novel good?) . So in my case, I'll just watch Season 1 (although I'm gonna be so annoyed). If he is replaced, then so beat it ..I wont run out of his dramas in 2019-2020. 

 

Yeah, he is a survivor

In epi 21-22

  Hide contents

I actually wished that we would see  flashbacks of him and little SS, but the drama only showed her as a baby. Too bad ..those parts were kinda sad and touching in the novel
 

 

 

Ahh we have the same thought @rhaps, me too found LiuHaoRan has the same vibe with ChenFeiYu. Really like LHR character in NoF2, although i dont like him at first, but as the story goes, he nailed it! They start have the same image pretty boys but at the end they can act manly!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

then i need to thanks my dad for this :D 

 

he was the one who force me to pick up my mandarin...i remember him beating me up for not attending one of test and i got a 'TH' in my report card.... :x

 

a memories i will carry forever with me.....as my dad never lay a finger on me before but that was the only times he hit me!!! :( i was scared and angry.....but now i have to thanks to :) 

 

and my whole family is Mandarin educated and i'm the only one with English Education background....and was force to up my Mandarin if I dont want to be an outcast :) 

 

so i guess all in all i have my family to thanks for :D 

 

okie back to the stories....u will love the books i vouch for it....im reading it in between my break some times....but i didnt bring them to work if not my boss will chop off my head for reading in between works.

Awww, I love your humor! Yeah, my dad is the same thing. The only reason he spanked me is when I skip classes and I had a fist fight with my friend. Lol. He is a fan of Chinese Martial arts and wanted to teach me but I said No because it's painful. Hahaha. 

Okay, back to EN, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love the novel and of course, my NQ and SS. Hahaha 

And I hope, your boss will understand our dilemma and will mot.chop off your head when he/she sees you reading. Just tell them it's brain enhancer. Hahahha

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ahh we have the same thought @rhaps, me too found LiuHaoRan has the same vibe with ChenFeiYu. Really like LHR character in NoF2, although i dont like him at first, but as the story goes, he nailed it! They start have the same image pretty boys but at the end they can act manly!

 

oh if LHR is to be NQ i might be able to accept it....LHR and CFY does seems to be cut out of the same clothe to certain extend but then we wont see much of the height different...

 

CFY had even teased SYR about the height difference during an interview lols :D when they were suppose to be talking about each other good qualities and CFY listed height as one of it :D 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not forget CPP kept badgering Ning Que to take the 2nd Floor test. @angelangie If you want spoiled you can read this tag 

@rhaps @celebrianna @lynne22 @thartie @dzareth Welcome chingu @

Spoiler

 

He even tried to tempt him by taking him o the other place. CPP really likes NQ because NQ isn’t mean, arrogant and he is someone he can really talked to. Their bond is good.  The librarian also likes NQ. NQ is meeting people and they are just warming up to him and want to protect him but if the rules says No they can’t break it but will find ways to go around it. 

Second Brother knows CPP so well told him not to reveal what he isn’t supposed to. Lol 

I found the fact that they know he murdered someone and they still let him from the authorities. I really like that. What do you guys think Chingu’s

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Let’s not forget CPP kept badgering Ning Que to take the 2nd Floor test. @angelangie If you want spoiled you can read this tag 

@rhaps @celebrianna @lynne22 @thartie @dzareth Welcome chingu @

  Reveal hidden contents

 

He even tried to tempt him by taking him o the other place. CPP really likes NQ because NQ isn’t mean, arrogant and he is someone he can really talked to. Their bond is good.  The librarian also likes NQ. NQ is meeting people and they are just warming up to him and want to protect him but if the rules says No they can’t break it but will find ways to go around it. 

Second Brother knows CPP so well told him not to reveal what he isn’t supposed to. Lol 

I found the fact that they know he murdered someone and they still let him from the authorities. I really like that. What do you guys think Chingu’s

 

 

@UnniSarah I want! I want! You can spoil it to me anytime you want! It's my antidote! 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up and finished 18. Terrible and incomplete subs for episode 13 & 14 aside, the episodes for this week were pretty good and setting up many things for next week. Some thoughts:

 

Spoiler

- Finally feel that Sang Sang as a character will develop! She is out drinking the Gen. Y and LC lol. Interesting that she is NC’s life totem/object and let’s see where it goes...the whole Emperor’s search for NQ too...

 

- I enjoy CPP and NQ’s bromance relationship too. I like how they both learn from each other...

 

- Can’t wait for the 2nd level test and see NQ vs LC....

 

- Sad to see the princess fall due to her blind love for her useless bro.

 

 

I hope fans are sending very clear signals to producers for season 2 that everyone wants the leads to remain the same etc. Let’s hope it all works out for our sake or else I will just stick to the novels while mentally picturing this cast lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UnniSarah

Spoiler

I actually found it surprising that no one judged or lectured him about the rumored killing of the cultivator. However, I then thought it was probably an attitude of the time where revenge killing might have been often carried out, of course discretely. I also get the impression that the teachers at the academy don’t like to pry and are kind of standoffish. 

 

Speaking of teachers, that Cao had me laughing so much when he was twirling and dancing through the courtyard into his classroom just because he heard that his revered stuck up prince was coming to Tang. :lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say this Chingu’s. I am so happy I work midnight shift. If is didn’t i would never get the chance to talk to you guys. Lol lol lol 

@celebrianna 

Spoiler

I think it is more along the line of the era they are in. I also think they do not get involved in the political fight or war of countries because they are not normal human beings. I also think they might each have their own history that might make them empathize with Ning Que’s actions.

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...