[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

1 minute ago, pangia said:

So what if he was born with a silver spoon. He doesn't act all high and mighty like some people that became famous and acted like they're all that. He can't help how he was born and yes he worked his butt off, the drama is living proof. A good and pretty face can't move people heart unless they're good at acting. 

Song YiRen is also a natural at everything from her personality to her beauty. She is plain at first glance but she is a hidden gem if you keep on looking at her. 

Why I love CFY and SYR is that they are so natural, generic and down to earth. They're so different from other couples. 

Exactly! That's the reason why I'm loving them both too. Usually, the people who are wealthy are always down to earth and they don't over project themselves. CFY is the living proof. 

• Like 2

With regards of this rumour of cast change, it is indeed upsetting if CFY does not continue as NQ. While the CFY does have a lot of areas to improve, I agree with AvenueX that for a newbie, his performance is not bad. There is a degree of rawness that I appreciate, as it suits the change of environment that NQ is experiencing - from the wilderness of Wei to the sophistication of Tang's capital. And CFY is good in the fights scenes.

Obviously, body doubles are used extensively in the fight scenes, but whenever the camera pans to CFY, at least he does look like he is delivering a devastating force instead of a choreographed move. I think that is why many viewers are satisfied by the martial art contents. This show delivers that aspect well.

And one just cannot NOT love SYR's SS. It has been awhile since we see a lead character that does not LOOK like a bombshell. Although SYR definitely looks better that book-SS, but she's believable. She's small and petite and her nails aren't overly shiny/ manicured (like most actresses' in period drama).

I noticed that the live action series seem closer to the manga than the novel. Novel-NQ is colder, manga-NQ is naughtier.

If NQ is recasted, I wonder if it is because CFY is uninterested/ unavailable or if the studio is not satisfied with his performance. I don't know who is this Dylan who is rumoured to replace him, but even if he is a better actor than CFY, he definitely has huge shoes to fill because to viewers, CHF IS NQ.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Chen Feiyu really has done well, hasnt he? This is his 1st big dramas and has only reached 24 episodes, but a lot of people already love him and dont want him to leave :) . I checked his drama list that he is going to be in With You the movie , replacing Liu Hao Ran in the drama version (I've always thought that he looked like LHR and has the same vibe). And he is having a new fantasy wuxia drama from the author of King's Avatar (is the novel good?) . So in my case, I'll just watch Season 1 (although I'm gonna be so annoyed). If he is replaced, then so beat it ..I wont run out of his dramas in 2019-2020. 

Yeah, he is a survivor

In epi 21-22

Hide contents

I actually wished that we would see  flashbacks of him and little SS, but the drama only showed her as a baby. Too bad ..those parts were kinda sad and touching in the novel

Ahh we have the same thought @rhaps, me too found LiuHaoRan has the same vibe with ChenFeiYu. Really like LHR character in NoF2, although i dont like him at first, but as the story goes, he nailed it! They start have the same image pretty boys but at the end they can act manly!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

then i need to thanks my dad for this :D 

he was the one who force me to pick up my mandarin...i remember him beating me up for not attending one of test and i got a 'TH' in my report card.... :x

a memories i will carry forever with me.....as my dad never lay a finger on me before but that was the only times he hit me!!! :( i was scared and angry.....but now i have to thanks to :) 

and my whole family is Mandarin educated and i'm the only one with English Education background....and was force to up my Mandarin if I dont want to be an outcast :) 

so i guess all in all i have my family to thanks for :D 

okie back to the stories....u will love the books i vouch for it....im reading it in between my break some times....but i didnt bring them to work if not my boss will chop off my head for reading in between works.

Awww, I love your humor! Yeah, my dad is the same thing. The only reason he spanked me is when I skip classes and I had a fist fight with my friend. Lol. He is a fan of Chinese Martial arts and wanted to teach me but I said No because it's painful. Hahaha. 

Okay, back to EN, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love the novel and of course, my NQ and SS. Hahaha 

And I hope, your boss will understand our dilemma and will mot.chop off your head when he/she sees you reading. Just tell them it's brain enhancer. Hahahha

• LOL 2

Let’s not forget CPP kept badgering Ning Que to take the 2nd Floor test. @angelangie If you want spoiled you can read this tag 

@rhaps @celebrianna @lynne22 @thartie @dzareth Welcome chingu @

Spoiler

He even tried to tempt him by taking him o the other place. CPP really likes NQ because NQ isn’t mean, arrogant and he is someone he can really talked to. Their bond is good.  The librarian also likes NQ. NQ is meeting people and they are just warming up to him and want to protect him but if the rules says No they can’t break it but will find ways to go around it. 

Second Brother knows CPP so well told him not to reveal what he isn’t supposed to. Lol 

I found the fact that they know he murdered someone and they still let him from the authorities. I really like that. What do you guys think Chingu’s

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Let’s not forget CPP kept badgering Ning Que to take the 2nd Floor test. @angelangie If you want spoiled you can read this tag 

@rhaps @celebrianna @lynne22 @thartie @dzareth Welcome chingu @

Reveal hidden contents

He even tried to tempt him by taking him o the other place. CPP really likes NQ because NQ isn’t mean, arrogant and he is someone he can really talked to. Their bond is good.  The librarian also likes NQ. NQ is meeting people and they are just warming up to him and want to protect him but if the rules says No they can’t break it but will find ways to go around it. 

Second Brother knows CPP so well told him not to reveal what he isn’t supposed to. Lol 

I found the fact that they know he murdered someone and they still let him from the authorities. I really like that. What do you guys think Chingu’s

@UnniSarah I want! I want! You can spoil it to me anytime you want! It's my antidote! 

Finally caught up and finished 18. Terrible and incomplete subs for episode 13 & 14 aside, the episodes for this week were pretty good and setting up many things for next week. Some thoughts:

Spoiler

- Finally feel that Sang Sang as a character will develop! She is out drinking the Gen. Y and LC lol. Interesting that she is NC’s life totem/object and let’s see where it goes...the whole Emperor’s search for NQ too...

- I enjoy CPP and NQ’s bromance relationship too. I like how they both learn from each other...

- Can’t wait for the 2nd level test and see NQ vs LC....

- Sad to see the princess fall due to her blind love for her useless bro.

I hope fans are sending very clear signals to producers for season 2 that everyone wants the leads to remain the same etc. Let’s hope it all works out for our sake or else I will just stick to the novels while mentally picturing this cast lol.

• Like 3

@UnniSarah

Spoiler

I actually found it surprising that no one judged or lectured him about the rumored killing of the cultivator. However, I then thought it was probably an attitude of the time where revenge killing might have been often carried out, of course discretely. I also get the impression that the teachers at the academy don’t like to pry and are kind of standoffish. 

Speaking of teachers, that Cao had me laughing so much when he was twirling and dancing through the courtyard into his classroom just because he heard that his revered stuck up prince was coming to Tang. :lol:

• LOL 2

I have to say this Chingu’s. I am so happy I work midnight shift. If is didn’t i would never get the chance to talk to you guys. Lol lol lol 

@celebrianna 

Spoiler

I think it is more along the line of the era they are in. I also think they do not get involved in the political fight or war of countries because they are not normal human beings. I also think they might each have their own history that might make them empathize with Ning Que’s actions.

• Like 2

How many of you guys can’t stand the Princess Guard. I can’t stand him because of the way he looks at Ning Que. I kinda knew he had feelsing for the Princess but the Princess like Ning Que and the Guard knows it. I wondered if the Princess was over LQ’s brother and it seems she is very much over him.  I wonder how will the Princess react to Ning Que’s only love is Sang Sang or that even Mo Shan Shan has the chance. Lol lol lol The Princess Guard, i wonder if it is love or ambition to be the Princesses husband is the actual attraction. Watching him try to beat LQ in a drinking game was hilarious. Hilarious  lol lol

evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I have to say this Chingu’s. I am so happy I work midnight shift. If is didn’t i would never get the chance to talk to you guys. Lol lol lol 

@celebrianna 

Reveal hidden contents

I think it is more along the line of the era they are in. I also think they do not get involved in the political fight or war of countries because they are not normal human beings. I also think they might each have their own history that might make them empathize with Ning Que’s actions.

I never thought that I will have so much fun doing discussion with ya'll too. It's fun. It's like, battle of POV but just on the same side.  lol

• LOL 1

P@rhaps  Chingu , you are right Ning Que treats Sang Sang as a partner , once he found out he has land and gambling establishments he told her “we “ have money. There is no need to be so cheap now Lol lol . You might be right chingu. Something I found odd was the letter Ning Que wrote to Sang Sang. Why did they make him write it after he slept and not before he passed out.

How many of felt the close vibe Jian Da Ji of Red Sleeves Bordello??

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

How many of you guys can’t stand the Princess Guard. I can’t stand him because of the way he looks at Ning Que. I kinda knew he had feelsing for the Princess but the Princess like Ning Que and the Guard knows it. I wondered if the Princess was over LQ’s brother and it seems she is very much over him.  I wonder how will the Princess react to Ning Que’s only love is Sang Sang or that even Mo Shan Shan has the chance. Lol lol lol The Princess Guard, i wonder if it is love or ambition to be the Princesses husband is the actual attraction. Watching him try to beat LQ in a drinking game was hilarious. Hilarious  lol lol

evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I think the Princess guard will be the next most hated character.lol He just gave a vibe of " I will kill everyone on your way Princess for the sake of my love for you"  kinda thing. Although, him training the 2nd prince is very hilarious. I was LMAO!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pangia said:

Despite the upsetting rumor, I was able to finish my MV for them :joy:

I've never been this crazy for two very odd yet cute couple before lol. 

@pangia this is awesome! Aside from the literal black umbrella, NQ is also SS umbrella! She's always under his wings and takes care of her so much!

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I've been trying to remember his role in the novel, but couldnt. I thought that he must be unimportant, coz I skipped his parts *LOL*. But I like him better than CM prince, for Li Yu. Actually, I kinda pity CM when she rejected him because he couldnt give what she wanted (aka useless? :P ) Well..at least she was honest.

Regarding NQ writing chicken soup calligraphy, perhaps the drama didnt want to show CFY drunk too much? That is not a good education for kids *LOL*. 

Regarding Jian Da Ji, I think I remember her story in the novel, but I should recheck first ..kinda forgot. Isnt she ..

Reveal hidden contents

Yup..more spoiler tags for you who peek 

Reveal hidden contents

Related to the Youngest Uncle.of the Academy? Pls cmiiw, though

Nicely done with the spoiler tags chingu @rhaps... It was like opening a Christmas  Gift. Lol LOL cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gifcheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

Since I am still reading , I haven't reached that part yet chingu. When I do I will let you know... cheer3-onion-head-emoticon.gifcheer3-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• LOL 1

Mistress Jian is

Spoiler

Ke Haoran's sister in law to-be. Her sister's name iirc Xiao xiao... 

She was killed to instigate Ke Haoran destroying the devil sect. Sigh......

It was a sad tale. :tears: Even more for Mistress Jian, because she lost her sister.. and then ke haoran also died. She's the only one left of her family. 

Ever Night reach 1,5 billion viewers to day.. that's a good number right? LoL....

@rhaps and @satanghaesolim Sometimes I agree and also disagree with Avenuex's review... because I think "mood" and also "drama fatigue aka watching too many drama till our brain starts to see the same thing in every drama:lol:" affect our judgement... LoL. Really disagree with her calling this another Game Of Throne because Chinese have deep history and a lot of fantasy literature since a long long time ago... so It's not surprising that they can came up with this kind of story... 

If Jiang Ye is Game of Thrones, the what ever we are going to say about Legend of the condor heroes? Duke of Mount Deer? The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber? :lol: (please just ignore me.. I'm just a tad bit salty about the comparison) 

That being said, just like her, I'm looking forward towards Sang Sang's role challenge in the next season. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, pangia said:

Haha yes that's my post. Lol. She so short next to him and he didn't move much when she tried to knock him over hahaha. They're cute, odd and dorky

Hi chingu @pangia

I know this song is Umbrella but want to listen to this song off line can I have the artist who is singing in your video. I love this video 

• Like 2