Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yes.  Exactly.  That's why I like NQ so much.  He had an irk to have both girls by his side.  But when he realised SS didn't like it, he broke up with MSS.  But after going thru various tribulations for SS, she just vanished leaving him alone.  At that time, even when he had a chance for a reunion with MSS, when SS was devoid of love feelings for him, he never tried to start with MSS.  what a character, huh!!!!! Lovely!!!!!! 

Well said my comrade! Huh! Huh! Huh!:joy:

 

Spoiler

I still remember when NQ met mss again for the second time after they broke up.. at that time, NQ was very frustrated and lost because SS left him. NQ-MSS had a talk for a while, and after that he just walked away by himself and left her alone.. he even doesnt have a mood to show her around or accompany her for a little longer even though they both havent see each other for quite some times, considering she had to travel from a long distance to chang'an only for him... Whenever NQ-MSS together, NQ could not help to think about SS again and again.. he always distracted by SS's existence... he was like being possessed and haunted by SS wherever he goes and whatever he does:joy:

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 10:26 PM, toninha said:

I also prefer NQ from the novel because from the beginning it was always SS for him the rest were just infatuations because they are beautiful women and not even MSS had a chance in winning his love. The drama almost destroyed that part for me it felt like MSS was the female lead and had this tragic love with NQ instead of SS that is the main character in Ever Night:triumph:

 

I don't agreed with you.  The drama followed the novel very closely in regards to the relationship between NQ and MSS.  NQ really likes MSS and have thoughts of her being his concubine which was clearly shown in both the drama and novel.  But NQ realised that SS cannot accept a third party in their relationship hence his struggles over this.

 

Also I don't think MSS screen time exceeds that of SS in the drama.  She only appeared in the wilderness to Du city part which was described in the novel itself.  Of all the beautiful women NQ encountered, aside from SS, he only likes MSS so don't hate MSS too much.  I also like YHY more than MSS but NQ's feelings was just neutral towards her.

 

Btw, I enjoyed reading the novel more than the drama so I won't continue to read S2 part or I might feel disappointed as I want to enjoy both drama and novel as well.  It's wonderful to read the novel after completed the drama.  I now can imagine how NQ looks like with CFY's face and SS (SYR).  I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :D

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, Snow Guardian said:

Same here.. I dont really care who is the new actor (NQ), as long as the aunties not ruining NQ-SS relationships in the future but following closely to the book, and not damaging SS's real characters like in the s1... I already happy with it.

 

Yes, SS's character in S1 is slightly different from the novel but from the way the aunties have shown to us in S1, I believe that they will continue to stick closely to the MC parts.  The strength of this drama is bringing the core story from the novel to life.

 

Even NQ's characterisation is different in the drama as he was not as cold blooded based on his life experience not as vicious as written in the novel.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dejun said:

 

I don't agreed with you.  The drama followed the novel very closely in regards to the relationship between NQ and MSS.  NQ really likes MSS and have thoughts of her being his concubine which was clearly shown in both the drama and novel.  But NQ realised that SS cannot accept a third party in their relationship hence his struggles over this.

 

Also I don't think MSS screen time exceeds that of SS in the drama.  She only appeared in the wilderness to Du city part which was described in the novel itself.  Of all the beautiful women NQ encountered, aside from SS, he only likes MSS so don't hate MSS too much.  I also like YHY more than MSS but NQ's feelings was just neutral towards her.

I think what @toninha means was, the development on SS-NQ relationships from family to love was too little compares to NQ-MSS's. Every development of NQ-MSS's rship was shown very detail from the beginning to the end... while NQ-SS's was a  bit too rushed. It was like the screenwriter was expecting the viewers to accept what they are serving in the drama after they are being together, whether we like it or not.

 

The drama also shown how heart broken was NQ while breaking up with MSS.. he even cried after reading her letter which is all of these are not mentioned in the book. I agree with @toninha the director/screenwriter made the drama looked like a tragic love story between NQ-MSS. I also pissed off with those scenes:joy:

 

I also like YHY, friend:D 

I hope in s2, the aunties would not playing with our hearts by giving us sour plums by getting YHY involves in NQ-SS's relationship:tears:

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

The drama also shown how heart broken was NQ while breaking up with MSS.. he even cried after reading her letter which is all of these are not mentioned in the book. I agree with @toninha the director/screenwriter made the drama looked like a tragic love story between NQ-MSS. I also pissed off with those scenes:joy:

 

I also like YHY, friend:D 

 

I understand why the director/screenwriter made the actor portrayed the crying scene to show the audience how he felt and his thoughts over MSS.  It was really a difficult decision that he had to let go of MSS when you read the novel.  That was how much he really like MSS.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, angelangie said:

 

actually you cannot fault the love lines....

 

  Reveal hidden contents

he do 'like' MoShanShan and while he liken it to his first love, it wasnt wrong either.....as the way it was projected..

 

 

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

no nothing like that....

 

  Reveal hidden contents

MoShanShan is different from others girls he encounter who didnt scorn or turn their head up upon seeing his dirty self......she wasnt aloof in handling NingQue and they share the 1 same passion, calligraphy....

 

this is what actually bind them together....NingQue does like her however he doesnt see her as a soulmate but someone he can have in his life....

 

we have to think outside the box a little....and ppl during that 'period' of times have tons and tons of wife....it was like a very normal practice to have more than 1 girls in your life.....so we actually can't fault NingQue into thinking that MoShanShan can be 'part' of his life......

 

to him.....he see her as parts of his life and he is not pushing SangSang away....as there is nothing wrong in having more than 1 girls back then after all :) and MoShanShan thought the same.....that she too can be part of NingQue life :) with SangSang in it

 

 

@angelangie  We are like minded in understanding what the writer tried to convey through NQ, SS and MSS relationship in an ancient world.  NQ won't learnt about his true feelings that was deeply hidden within him towards SS if such situation never occur.  Same with SS.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dejun said:

 

I don't agreed with you.  The drama followed the novel very closely in regards to the relationship between NQ and MSS.  NQ really likes MSS and have thoughts of her being his concubine which was clearly shown in both the drama and novel.  But NQ realised that SS cannot accept a third party in their relationship hence his struggles over this.

 

Also I don't think MSS screen time exceeds that of SS in the drama.  She only appeared in the wilderness to Du city part which was described in the novel itself.  Of all the beautiful women NQ encountered, aside from SS, he only likes MSS so don't hate MSS too much.  I also like YHY more than MSS but NQ's feelings was just neutral towards her.

 

Btw, I enjoyed reading the novel more than the drama so I won't continue to read S2 part or I might feel disappointed as I want to enjoy both drama and novel as well.  It's wonderful to read the novel after completed the drama.  I now can imagine how NQ looks like with CFY's face and SS (SYR).  I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :D

I guess we are watching a different drama and reading a different novel lol  

It's not even close to the novel, NQ had a crush and he never shed a tear for MSS of course he wants concubines after all it was normal at that time and he is a young men lol

There is a difference between like and love and that's the same with MSS and SS and I don't hate her just the writer for creating a love triangle where there isn't one lol

  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finish watching 6 episodes straight hoping to finally see NQ and SS together but still nothing just more of the same NQ and MSS ( can't stop cursing the TV lol), really did we need 13 episodes of that???^_^ 

Best part today and sad too was the two teachers fighting and saying goodbye it made me cry.

Since NQ is being a selfish brat I'm starting to wish SS with sećond teacher, I like the way he looks at her and seems to care because someone we all know keeps forgetting that SS is his life:triumph:

( I'm hard fan of SS for me Song Yiren stole the show she made SS shine even though the character was poorly written not the novel fault but the screenwriter)

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toninha said:

Just finish watching 6 episodes straight hoping to finally see NQ and SS together but still nothing just more of the same NQ and MSS ( can't stop cursing the TV lol), really did we need 13 episodes of that???^_^ 

Best part today and sad too was the two teachers fighting and saying goodbye it made me cry.

Since NQ is being a selfish brat I'm starting to wish SS with sećond teacher, I like the way he looks at her and seems to care because someone we all know keeps forgetting that SS is his life:triumph:

( I'm hard fan of SS for me Song Yiren stole the show she made SS shine even though the character was poorly written not the novel fault but the screenwriter)

i agree with everything.  I think lots of us do.  SYR definitely made Sang Sang shine even though the drama didn't do her character justice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, dejun said:

 

@angelangie  We are like minded in understanding what the writer tried to convey through NQ, SS and MSS relationship in an ancient world.  NQ won't learnt about his true feelings that was deeply hidden within him towards SS if such situation never occur.  Same with SS.

 

hahaha true....which is also main reason why i actually thank MoShanShan for her appearance :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, caranita said:

My favorite NingSang picture -- with all the adorable freckles!

 

same i like this the best as this was also the part where they are more carefree without the burden of the whole world on their tiny lil shoulder

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a big fan of EN, especially CFY and SYR. 

I felt sad CFY not participate EN2.

Anyway I found EN novel translated in English.

It is translated till chapter 723 into season 2.

https://boxnovel.com/novel/nightfall/

 

not sure this has been sharing before, thought someone will enjoying as much as I did.

 

Edited by mon1459
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Comrades and Chingus......................... just wanted to let you know that we have another forum for EN Webnovel Discussion (Yoda Version). You are welcome to join us:wub: would be happy if you can share your opinions and views about the novel. However, if you dont wish to be spoiled, better stay away from that thread:lol:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, epinklyn said:

Found this funny picture of NingSang from @pangia. I never realized they had this fighting while taking picture :joy:

 

Credit to Pangiaxiong on Instagram.

 

 

I am so sad. They really said goodbye on that day. I think that everyone thought at that time that they will see each other again when they are filming EN2. :dissapointed_relieved:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...