Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I don' think people find Sang Sang boring.  Sang Sang is very popular in despite how poorly the drama treated her character. One of the reasons so many fans are upset is because of the lack of screen time given to her character when she should be the most important person in the drama after NQ.  More character development would be great but that can't happen if the drama is barely giving her screen time or lines.  YHY is  a great character because she is so cold, ruthless, focused, she sort of respects NQ but also looks down on him. Disappointing this screenwriter can't just let YHY be an interesting and cool female counterpart to NQ like the book instead of creating a dumb crush on him too :rolleyes:

The lack of screentime and minimal dialogue is detrimental to her overall character development/growth but even w/ these shortcomings, which is at the fault of the writer, I adore SS. She's a well defined character, if not more so, has more personality than NQ. NQ's characterization irks me. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, n3bula said:

@epinklyn @Snow Guardian

Well she must be special to him if he treats her differently. I hope they continue being friends and perhaps act in another drama together. 

I want eng subs for Time teaches me to love. I did see in a fan video that SYR gets some kissing scenes. I was like SS what are you doing? :joy:

I am currently watching About Is  Love while waiting for Time Teaches Me To Love eng sub:lol: I am not prepared yet to see her kissing another man:joy:

8 hours ago, toninha said:

He looks like one of those kids that likes the girl but it's not very good with words so he thinks being naughty it's the way to get her attention lol

Well said, comrade. I also think the same thing:P

He always trying to get her attention by bullying her. Just like those high school students, lols. I believe SYR (SS) has left a deep mark in his mind/heart. Because EN was his first role as male lead and since he likes to read the novel very much and interested with NQ's character, so SS would definitely imprinted in his heart deeply. Just like our first love:D

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yes his butt, bcause my height is most likely the same like SYR 150ish cm, so i can only reach his butt :cry:, i will buy that Fu Zi long wood to hit him :joy:

HAHAHAHA:joy: I am imagining you holding a stick, running towards him and trying to reach him but only to his butt!!!!:joy::joy: standing on the chair and pull his ears is much better. 

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, n3bula said:

This is why I admire SS. She doesn't give in to a man. She respects herself and gives him freedom to decide. Even though she doesnt do martial arts she is still powerful on her own. 

yes her power isnt in the art however it is in her thought....

• Like 5

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

i actually love the way she stood her ground with NingQue most of the times....while she knew that NingQue did most for her....and he take care and cant live without her....however she will not nego on the ground of letting another person in between the two of them....either ...he take only him and leave the rest alone or he can have them and not her at the same times....

I loved that she was so uncompromising about it too.  Sensible Sang Sang was even making sure to save money for herself in case anything happened.  Ms Sang Sang was not about be out there with empty pockets!

9 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

The lack of screentime and minimal dialogue is detrimental to her overall character development/growth but even w/ these shortcomings, which is at the fault of the writer, I adore SS. She's a well defined character, if not more so, has more personality than NQ. NQ's characterization irks me. 

Exactly.  It says a lot about the appeal of SS character and SYR's acting that SS is still so loved despite the weak writing in the drama.  I know what you mean about NQ. I think he is an interesting if not always likeable character on paper but I found the drama writing for him was very flat.  The drama never gave much of a feeling of character growth.  Despite everything that happened to him in the drama NQ felt like the same person at the beginning though to the end of the drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, raziela said:

I loved that she was so uncompromising about it too.  Sensible Sang Sang was even making sure to save money for herself in case anything happened.  Ms Sang Sang was not about be out there with empty pockets!

Exactly.  It says a lot about the appeal of SS character and SYR's acting that SS is still so loved despite the weak writing in the drama.  I know what you mean about NQ. I think he is an interesting if not always likeable character on paper but I found the drama writing for him was very flat.  The drama never gave much of a feeling of character growth.  Despite everything that happened to him in the drama NQ felt like the same person at the beginning though to the end of the drama.

I agree. SS character is loveable even without much screen time. SYR gets credit for doing and excellent job with what she was given. 

I hope that s2 does a much better job in character growth and development for our leads SS/NQ. After all s2 is all about them two. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, raziela said:

Usually when characters undergo some sort tribulation/trials, the experiences changes/mold the character to have a different peception not only about themselves but towards other characters. NQ just didnt get the proper development he needed, which shouldve happen during the wasteland arc and somewhat early on before he left, especially in his relation to SS.

I dont dislike his character but Im not fond of him either. He sounds more shameless/ruthless in the webnovel, but reading snippets about it here, his development in the book makes him more likable & appealing. I like morally gray/imperfect characters but it's important to show growth in the process.

There's this slight/odd inconsistency in characterization for NQ in the drama. I agree, he comes off as rather flat, mainly because his character growth is stagnant over the course of the drama. 

• Like 6

If the auntie dares to make a big change in the drama and out of the book contexts in s2, what is the different with a thief?? meaning, she steals other people's work/ideas by taking them in pieces and then modify the author's actual intentions, meanings, and interpretations of his works and put them into her owns work.

I dont think the auntie dares to ignore SS's characters and her roles this time (if we think logically). Otherwise, Mao Ni would throw a grenade into her house if that's true:joy: anyway, season 2 story is almost about them. I cant wait to see YHY and the Academy's people in actions!!:D

(Just my humble thoughts).

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, raziela said:

that is very practical of her too :D 

• LOL 5

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

HAHAHAHA:joy: I am imagining you holding a stick, running towards him and trying to reach him but only to his butt!!!!:joy::joy: standing on the chair and pull his ears is much better. 

And i will end up just like SYR, being chased with more miserable condition :joy:

4324849721544419-weibo-1-1.gif

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

And i will end up just like SYR, being chased with more miserable condition :joy:

@epinklyn   THIS IS TOO MUCH. What you have done to me. 

My heart failed me! Now I want to ship them more than friends again!!:joy:

Yeah, he will surely chase you like how he chased SYR, perhaps with a big whole cake in his hand:joy::joy:

• LOL 5

Volume 4 too heartache to listen all monks and citizens surrounding NQ and SS wanted to kill illness SS NQ had no choice just kill most of them in order to survive :cold_sweat:Really sad 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, LeeN said:

Volume 4 too heartache to listen all monks and citizens surrounding NQ and SS wanted to kill illness SS NQ had no choice just kill most of them in order to survive :cold_sweat:Really sad 

Volume 4?? Did you read it from the alien's website with the machine translations?:o

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Volume 4?? Did you read it from the alien's website with the machine translations?:o

• Some of volume 4 has been translated chingu ... Give it a go, you will be sad too. It is so intense...:tears::tears:
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

No Chinese version I am using Google Reader audio mandarin 

• LOL 1

I hope season 2 will follow volume 3 but skip volume 4

Feel hopeless nobody give them a hand.  Even elder senior had arrived NQ understand if fuzi and college help them They will be boycott by the whole world too do he refused seniors and college help

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:
  • Some of volume 4 has been translated chingu ... Give it a go, you will be sad too. It is so intense...:tears::tears:

Where where where, chinguuu?????:heartbreak: I never read from that website so I have no clue:o

Chinguuuu, thank you! Now I know why you are so silent this few days, LOL:joy:

Finally I found chapter 693. I am going to hibernate first:kiss_closed:

• Like 1