Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

Here's Chen Fei Yu's farewell post for Evernight :bawling:

Here, he said, he auditioned for the role of Ning Que because he love the character that he read from Jiang Ye. Considered Ning Que as a role model, flawed that he is.

There were times I can't believe he is only 17 to 18 when he played this role. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4322897017390909

What did he said?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, littlemissmiss said:
On Season 2: 
  1. I will watch Season 2. I, for the most part, really like the plot. If they keep the same: Director, SYR, Second Brother, CPP—I’m in. I’m kind of upset at the changes they’ve made, but it sort of balances out with the sweet additions they added with SS&NQ. They followed the story better than most adaptations. The cinematography was great, casting & acting caliber was amazing, and the soundtrack is magical. While I am a proud member of TEAM PETTY AF and want to boycott this on the fact that we get a new NQ, I need to give this outstanding production team a chance. Dylan Wang, in my book, was terrible in Meteor Garden while also having some redeeming scenes, but I am hoping he really improves. And with that...
  2. I want more sweet scenes between SS&NQ. I hope DW makes NQ to be more endearing to SS like how he is in the novel. I thought DW in Meteor Garden was great when it came to caring and thoughtful scenes with the female lead. I hope he doesn’t that exude that high and mighty exterior that I found CFY to have in the later episodes with SS. I’m pretty optimistic about this people lol. 
  3. NQ is definitely not my favorite character in the book. Hell, of any book of that matter. His ONLY redeeming quality is his love for SS. I can take him being shameless, but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies. Please change this in the drama lol. You gave us unnecessary and nonexistent NQ&MSS/NQ&YHY arcs. Please give us a more loyal Ning Que! LOL  

of all i found your thoughts pleasing and encouraging lols.....

i'm dishearten with changes that will take places....however reading your is almost like a soothing balm :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Here, he said, he auditioned for the role of Ning Que because he love the character that he read from Jiang Ye. Considered Ning Que as a role model, flawed that he is.

Yeah i read somewhere CFY stated he really like NQ role after read 将夜, so when he knew about the audition he excited to try. 

This is the loose translation from weibo machine translator.

Screenshot-20181230-160521-Weibo-Intl.jp

Really admired his maturity and profesionalism on the set, willing to listen and learn from his senior, wishing Arthur CFY always keep down to earth and always keep up upgrading his skill and talent, and last but not least dont forget to keep study at school.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

lols found this cute so i collage them sides by sides......one is during them filming together and the other is during their prescon :D 

MP_zpsz7vfgitw.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@mei2018, @epinklyn has shared the translation.....

Chen Fei yu seems like a good kid to me.. I respect him especially because he's still at a young age, but he's not afraid to work hard. 

Here's some new Pics that's been spreading in twitter :wub:

DvkdLg7UwAAdrrq.jpg

DvkdLg7UwAEQVMz.jpg

DvkdLg-V4AA2fUY.jpg

I'm going to really miss Chen Feiyu's Ning Que and Song Yiren's Sang Sang:tears:

DvkdLg7U0AAKNmg.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

hope the production will wait for CFY and SYR I believe they the best NQ SS without them the entire love feeling of this drama will disappear SYR is really pretty and adorable i believe she can handle the roll of SS. Don't change either of them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, LeeN said:

hope the production will wait for CFY and SYR I believe they the best NQ SS without them the entire love feeling of this drama will disappear SYR is really pretty and adorable i believe she can handle the roll of SS. Don't change either of them

My wishful thinking as well, but its been confirm that CFY will not return for EN S2 but SY will reprise her role as SS, unless theres been a change in cast.

As for now, others casting/roles has been rumors & no official statement has been made in regards to the full cast of EN S2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Wow thx @angelangie for the article, so excited Arthur CFY n Liu Hao Ran included on their short list :wub:.  I am also longing when CFY can participate on celebrity cooking competition LOL.

Thx to @lynne22 for the CFY n SYR pictures, their chemistry is so visible as crystal clear even from their photos.

Gonna miss them a lot :tears: #runIntoDarkEmptyRoomCrying

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

15 hours ago, mei2018 said:

Me too! :dissapointed: I wish that somehow they could work it out and kept most of the original cast, especially Chen Fei Yu. Since they keep delay the shooting, may be it can be delayed until CFY is available. :tounge_xd:

Well! i will keep reading the novel and will always imagine that CFY is NQ and SYR is SS.

i hope NQ DON'T have to wait til 5000 years SS to reborn in the series THIS IS what i heard on youtube according to the novel after she had give birth to the twins ming wang awakening and control SS again NG finds SS back after he kill ming wang 5000 years later

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

My wishful thinking as well, but its been confirm that CFY will not return for EN S2 but SY will reprise her role as SS, unless theres been a change in cast.

As for now, others casting/roles has been rumors & no official statement has been made in regards to the full cast of EN S2.

hope for miracle will happen they both will work together in S2

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

41ed423ely1fyomvqm9y5j21jk0v9h12.jpg

Maybe he didn't want to continue because he too was dissapointed with NQ-SS arch? And maybe he too was not fond of the overly done scene between NQ-MSS? :huh:

Hahaha... That's my wishful thinking... But if what attracted CFY was novel NQ, i would understand if he doesn't want to continue to S2. The drama did butcher the integrity, essence, uniquness and consistency of NQ. We were left off with a fun alternative, sure, but man it could have been one of the greatest characters on tv ever... 

If you watch the trailer (refer pg 1) almost every important character had a clip of their pov except SS. What's with that? It is as if SS isn't a lead character. A pity to SYR... 

I'm going to watch S2 and will continue to nitpick if they fail to deliver. But I'm guessing

1. S2 will be darker with toned down comedic scenes

2. S2 is not going to be as gory as the novel

3. Misunderstandings occur btwn NQ-SS, myb due to MSS

4. NQ will not end up with SS - either she dies or go to Xiling. 

I genuinely hope i'm wrong. Especially regarding no 4

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

@dzareth, I'm pretty sure about no 1-3 ..and I've also predicted no 4 :D . That's why I'm not planning on watching, other than because of the change of CFY. I'm just going to wait for the end reviews instead to see whether it's good or not :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

50 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Maybe he didn't want to continue because he too was dissapointed with NQ-SS arch? And maybe he too was not fond of the overly done scene between NQ-MSS? :huh:

Hahaha... That's my wishful thinking... But if what attracted CFY was novel NQ, i would understand if he doesn't want to continue to S2. The drama did butcher the integrity, essence, uniquness and consistency of NQ. We were left off with a fun alternative, sure, but man it could have been one of the greatest characters on tv ever... 

If you watch the trailer (refer pg 1) almost every important character had a clip of their pov except SS. What's with that? It is as if SS isn't a lead character. A pity to SYR... 

I'm going to watch S2 and will continue to nitpick if they fail to deliver. But I'm guessing

1. S2 will be darker with toned down comedic scenes

2. S2 is not going to be as gory as the novel

3. Misunderstandings occur btwn NQ-SS, myb due to MSS

4. NQ will not end up with SS - either she dies or go to Xiling. 

I genuinely hope i'm wrong. Especially regarding no 4

So CFY is a fan of the novel. I wonder what he thought of the end product of S1. 

I think it is better than other adaptation as it followed the story line and did not change much. The only thing is that I want more of NQ-SS. In the boat scene , they cut off NQ initiation of giving SS a kiss on the cheek.So it is less sweet and I thought in the scene that was cut, CFY express his love of his SS well.

I know that there will be many change to the S2 story line that will be different from the novel.

I suspect that MSS will play a bigger role than she is in the novel.

I really hope that they keep the essence of the novel which is NQ-SS deep relationship well and not change the ending.

Many years ago I saw the addaptation of a very good novel and they ruin it by having one of the male lead die at the end which is not like in the novel.

I do not understand the obsession of tragic ending.:mellow:

So may be I should wait until it really end to decide if I would want to watch S2 or not.<_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@dzareth, I'm pretty sure about no 1-3 ..and I've also predicted no 4 :D . That's why I'm not planning on watching, other than because of the change of CFY. I'm just going to wait for the end reviews instead to see whether it's good or not :P

Coward! Lol:P

The changes made to the live adaptation kind of gave that vibe, don't they? Should this guess be true, i wonder if it is a creative change or a political one (due to higher up interferences etc). I really want to hear Mao Ni's thoughts as SS is kind of his favourite character. 

Overall, EN is not a bad series. Despite the declining quality of martial arts scenes and special effects, the production team performed quite admirably with creative fighting scenes that one only see in big budget movies. But, while it was an awesome adaptation up until the wilderness episodes, from then on it became a mess. Character development is basically disregarded in favour of puppy love. SS became a whiny, lovesick adolescent and NQ became someone who raised his hands in a bad way. For all the disfunctional personality that novel NQ had, he is not the kind who hits people unless in fights or life/death matters. And novel SS is not whiny or one who smiles too much that it feels creepy. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@mei2018

Oh.. thanks for pointing this out... after checking my gif collection.. I can see your point...

They must have shot this multiple times.. sad that they didn't show this... I really like CFY's expression on this scene..

giphy.gif

@dzareth Yes, to all of your points! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Yes yes @lynne22, i believe @mei2018 is true! I think they cut the NQ initiate the kiss version, or... They cut the scene. So the full version was NQ initiate the kiss, and then SS smile and return the kiss with a hug, and then NQ want to return and have more than just a kiss, he also want a hug, so he put the paddle and focus on SS :P. Oh well i can only saw it on clip now...

About CFY didnt continue to play the NQ role on S2, i guess i will just accept the official reason from CFY side, that was due to conflict schedule and school obligation, i believe although the offering was awesome, but still he is a scholar and still have much time to start a long path career, no need to rush to make a fame. I think he is a man of his word, he promised his parents and school only to have one year official leave, so he did. One step of a time.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hello Chingu’s

I am quite confused, Did they officially tell us that Who will be playing NQ for Season 2. Mydramalist hasn’t made a page for Ever Night a Season 2 with all cast members listed. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Coward! Lol:P

The changes made to the live adaptation kind of gave that vibe, don't they? Should this guess be true, i wonder if it is a creative change or a political one (due to higher up interferences etc). I really want to hear Mao Ni's thoughts as SS is kind of his favourite character. 

Heyy... if I want to spend another 45 mins x 2 episodes x 3 days × several weeks , then I have to consider all the risks, right ? :P . I could hold on until the end because I liked CFY and Hu Jun, and I especially waited for their showdown. Next? I'm just too affraid that my weak heart cant stand it :D . Yes, the changes give a vibe like that. There are demands from some viewers too

And I have the tendency to drop things that I dont like. I dropped about 10-15 minutes of the last episode of NIF 2 because I didnt like it :P

So SS is Mao Ni's fave character? That's interesting. I thought that he was one of the scriptwriter, but it seemed that he wasnt.

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Overall, EN is not a bad series. Despite the declining quality of martial arts scenes and special effects, the production team performed quite admirably with creative fighting scenes that one only see in big budget movies. But, while it was an awesome adaptation up until the wilderness episodes, from then on it became a mess. Character development is basically disregarded in favour of puppy love. SS became a whiny, lovesick adolescent and NQ became someone who raised his hands in a bad way. For all the disfunctional personality that novel NQ had, he is not the kind who hits people unless in fights or life/death matters. And novel SS is not whiny or one who smiles too much that it feels creepy. 

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I think this is a post that really represents how I think about EN :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2