Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

1 hour ago, juhli said:

I started the drama because I watched your fanvid (am a longtime subscriber of yours)! So, thanks so much <333

I love Sang Sang and hope we get more scenes with her! Right now,, she basically only has scenes with Ning Que ....

Oh thank you so much! Glad you started the drama and much :heart: !!! Thanks for being an awesome sub!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Same here...

He may look benevolent but emperor look just didn't fit him.

I mean.. I have seen all sorts of emperor... round, old, young, lanky, hunky, charming, good looking at etc..

But Leon? Think they made him too young and puffy.

Could be due to the princess who seems to look same age as him. LOL

I dunno he just doesn’t fit and the princess just make it worst .... I seen younger looking king however his face is just not and emperor that I wished I seen in one

i prefer Ying Luo’s king hehehe...that is one handsome king hehehe

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, penelop3 said:

What ep is currently playing now? 

Reveal hidden contents

If ep 24-26 is about NQ learning from both his shifu Yanse and Second Floor bro sis - then it's right around chapter 178. 

So perhaps it's only takes 2 seasons to finish the whole book? 

I have been wondering what is SS's height, stand up straight she only reaches his chest. Hahahaha... 
I wonder how she will be portrayed later on. Right now she's a lot shorter because she's 13-14 yo, so still 'growing' but later?

I think the problem is not with SS, but NQ instead. He is too tall *LOL*. I'm 162 cm, and I'm not that short compared to guys around me

Yeah, their ages should increase along the novel. Perhaps they'll just change SS's appearence, like hair style. 

8 hours ago, Wotad said:

If there is one down side to this drama its the Prince and Her brother and Xiling/Light stuff i really not to fond of those parts. 

I dont hate these parts but i love other parts like i would give these parts a 7 and rest a 10.. hope that makes sense. 

Glad you like it i think people on the edge and bashing the show or not trying it or giving up before episode 6 making a mistake. 

I have watched like every new Wuxia from the last like 5 years and the only one maybe i enjoy more is 10 miles of peach blossom but they are totally different type's of drama's.

I'm watching this like watching NIF 2..still following the parts that I like, because I dont want to miss a detail, if there's any. But yeah, on the Princess-little bro and Xiling's cases, I do fast forward them some times..mostly the Princess's parts, because I believe that the Xiling's parts should contribute to the bigger politic as a whole. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

im at Episode 3 but i didnt really dare to press on....but i can't stand SangSang & NingQue status for now lols....

both are ignorant but the way they treated each other is honestly off tracks for a Master & a maid....

during the fight.....where he wont stop the strike of his swords .....he will only stop for SangSang....and SangSang seems to know his move very well to be able to coordinate with him through out.....and avoid causing a bigger hindrance towards NingQue....

in the midst of danger the only person SangSang went to is also NingQue...she was so petite and with sheer determination....she pull NingQue away from harm way....

NingQue unable to cultivate for now....i wonder what will change it to enable him to cultivate?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Ep 21-22

Personally, I really like them, along with epi 19-20, actually. Despite some addition and changes, I think they have done pretty well. 

For several days, douban rating had fallen again to 7.1, but now it goes back to 7.2. Could it be because people there also feel the same way as I do?

One of the best things is, perhaps, we've reached the part when the story of Xiling and Tang (main leads) have finally collided . Previously, it felt like watching 2 different stories, and now they have merged into 1. Now I can see how those not-so-interesting parts( CM's rebellion, LQ) in the previous episodes effect NQ.

Anyway, I love it when NQ finally made it to the top and, especially, when the Brothers and Sisters saying,"Congratulation, Little Brother" . That part was really touching and I felt happy and relieved along with him (with the confused disbelieved look. Awwww, you've made it! ). So happy for him!

And I'm also happy about Yan Se and the Emperor's parts, especially the last one. I thought that we wouldnt reach that part in this week, but I was wrong ! 

And now, the Xiling + Grand Prince have been annoyed because of NQ. Now I can see how the drama will make some addition, based on that. 

Oh, and it's funny to see NQ-SS hurriedly put down NQ' caligraphies, because they were precious *LOL*. I love that part in the novel too :P

• LOL 4

@rhaps Was just going to post too.... :lol:

I like ep 21-21.. It's very good.

Spoiler

Adding with your post... Yan Se cracks me up with his shamelessness... 

And when NQ shouts : "I came from the darkness but I seek the light" this scene is sooo damn good! 

Anywayyy this one is to good to be put on spoiler.... You guys can imagine my surprise when in Ep 22 I spot the most modern and random Product placement in cultivation drama... PIZZZAAAAAAAAAA  :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:.... Looking back, I can finally confirm the food on the feast in Ep 18  were Pizza and chicken wings :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:..........

I can imagine how the Producer and the actors must have been laughing because of this PPL too. God this is so funny... I like their humor...

Ep 22

Spoiler

DsFk_keU4AENQdU.jpg

Ep. 18 

Spoiler

DsFk_kfVYAADU_6.jpg

@angelangie I was on the fence about Leon Lai's emperor too... hehe.. but I think he gets better in the latter episode.. LoL... 

And LOL.. NQ and SS may be young but in my eyes they act like an Old married couple... hahahaha.. 

• LOL 6

8 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@angelangie I was on the fence about Leon Lai's emperor too... hehe.. but I think he gets better in the latter episode.. LoL... 

And LOL.. NQ and SS may be young but in my eyes they act like an Old married couple... hahahaha.. 

i guess sometimes it will grow on you....maybe cause Leon was never an exceptionable artist in my eyes.....and also i had never seen him in an ancient garb so i guess it will take times for it to grow on us.....

and you are right on the dot both SangSang & NingQue is really like an old married couple......SangSang scrubbed NingQue back like it is a normal thing to do.....and NingQue warm up SangSang feet like it is his right too.....and they share bed without another thought!!!

i thought period ppl are suppose to be more modest in term of all these? :D:D :D but if u ask me.....I dont mind :D 

• LOL 5

@lynne22, is that really a pizza?? When I saw it, I thought that it looked like one*LOL*. Ancient pizza, hahaha

Yess, I love epi 19-22! I hope tonights' episodes are good too. 

Because this should be the part that is not in the novel. But I found it still reasonable, though.  LQ's failure in the Academy means that the Xiling and friends cant place their man in a crucial place of the Tang kingdom. 

I love it when Yan Se and his brother going around looking for NQ and begging with the Academy guys *lol*  .  

• LOL 3

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

and you are right on the dot both SangSang & NingQue is really like an old married couple......SangSang scrubbed NingQue back like it is a normal thing to do.....and NingQue warm up SangSang feet like it is his right too.....and they share bed without another thought!!!

i thought period ppl are suppose to be more modest in term of all these? :D:D :D but if u ask me.....I dont mind :D 

*LOL* Perhaps because both have been together since they were kids, and they are still young even now. And they have been living with no parents to teach them how to behave , so..yeah 

• LOL 2

1 minute ago, rhaps said:

*LOL* Perhaps because both have been together since they were kids, and they are still young even now. And they have been living with no parents to teach them how to behave , so..yeah 

yea you are right and those army man are no man to brought up 2 kids either lols :D 

• LOL 3

@penelop3 

Spoiler

Yeupp.. tonight ep 24-26 is going to air. 

LoL.. About the show only 2 seasons or more....  I don't know... we'll just have to see. All I hope is they executed it well..  :lol:

Anyway... Ever Night reach 1.1 billion viewers last night :wub:

@rhaps ancient pizza is still pizza right?? :joy: I tought in ep 18 it's honestly a Chinese dessert cake.. but ep 22 changed my mind completely.. ahahahaha... this PPL is too funny. 

@angelangie ... NQ and SS are family.. they took care of each other.. :lol: so in turn they also understand each other well.. Even if we discount the romantic angle in the future, NQ and SS bond as seen in the drama are too tight for anyone to enter. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hi i have another question, it's about NQ's name, he changed hie real name into NQ or just deleted the surname 林 or given by 老马? 

Really enjoy watching 将夜 until now, everything is so fit and naturally beautifully executed, really hope the season 2 will be as great as the current season, just like the Nirvana on Fire 1&2.

Pls cmiiw,

he is not the General's son, so his surname is not Li. He is just one of the households who was living there. 

Regarding EN's seasons, yeah..I've been wondering how they'll split the story into 3 seasons. I hope it will only be 2, because I'm affraid that they'll add things in order to reach 3 seasons and ruin the drama. But I guess they want to make more profit, so ..yeah..I really hope that they wont stretch the story. Until now, the less interesting parts were the ones who were not in the novel/additional scenes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@rhaps 

Spoiler

Correct. He's from the General household, but he's not the general's son.

It's already been clued in on the Prologue Episode ( Ep. 12 Special) when little NQ, his friend and and old steward went to hide in an abandoned room. The old steward, doesn't care for NQ's safety, he only cares for NQ's friend. So in the drama NQ went hiding into the dry stack instead. 

Anyway.. has this been shared yet? By far, this is my favorite poster because of the silhouette.

005QUaBXgy1fx9nr0tj71j30rs1dee81.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Hide contents

Correct. He's from the General household, but he's not the general's son.

It's already been clued in on the Prologue Episode ( Ep. 12 Special) when little NQ, his friend and and old steward went to hide in an abandoned room. The old steward, doesn't care for NQ's safety, he only cares for NQ's friend. So in the drama NQ went hiding into the dry stack instead. 

Anyway.. has this been shared yet? By far, this is my favorite poster because of the silhouette.

Eh..is that supposed to be a spoiler? *LOL*. Okay I'll edit mine :D

Yeah, you are right. That scene confirmed that. 

And there was another scene in the beginning episode (forgot), when they were chased by soldiers and one of the women got killed. NQ yelled ,"Mother". Perhaps he is the son of one of the servants there. To think that a son of a servant has more bravery than the general's son himself ,who couldnt stop crying when the massacre happened ..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@penelop3 

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway... Ever Night reach 1.1 billion viewers last night :wub:

@rhaps ancient pizza is still pizza right?? :joy: I tought in ep 18 it's honestly a Chinese dessert cake.. but ep 22 changed my mind completely.. ahahahaha... this PPL is too funny. 

@angelangie ... NQ and SS are family.. they took care of each other.. :lol: so in turn they also understand each other well.. Even if we discount the romantic angle in the future, NQ and SS bond as seen in the drama are too tight for anyone to enter. 

they mix everything....now even pizza is available in the period times :D 

yes they had this bond....which is very tight....and if NQ should be in love and decided to move on with another girl....this girl must come to an understanding in between NQ and SS to be able to move in with them.....if not there is no way another girl able to accept the fact that there is someone else resides deeper into the man's heart that she was suppose to reside in....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@rhaps  Chingu NQ is the General ‘s Son. I don’t know who his mother is though. 

First post here, love this drama so much.

I think NQ is just the general son's study buddy.  The general's son is the other boy who was massacre in the shack. CMIIW

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

First post here, love this drama so much.

I think NQ is just the general son's study buddy.  The general's son is the other boy who was massacre in the shack. CMIIW

@jackieusa... Thanks chingu, I thought it was weird they were protecting the crying boy instead of NQ.  That explains it to me . Now  I am even more impressed with Ning Que. Seeking Justice for the Governor’s household. Ning Que’s character is very good. I wonder why he doesn’t think he is good person. I am glad he had Sang Sang growing up with him. He is so honorable and has a good heart.  He deserves to be happy in the end of this drama. I will be pissed if he doesn’t  get his HEA. 

• Like 3

I'm up to the latest episode and I'm crying as I need to wait for more!

I really really love Sang Sang and Ning Que!

I like Chen PiPi!

That Long Qing is OMG annoying!

That Tang princess is OMG irritating!

That Tang 3rd Prince is OMG useless!

That Tang emperor brother is OMG sickening!

They are all

ec28fc99181843ed8823bbf7744e6b6d

As much as i love how the story flows... i do feel a bit of frustration especially when it come to how they deal with Chao Xiaoshu (the chief of YuLong sect).

Sorry. Forgotten which episode is this but I think it's not sub yet so will put this in spoiler

Spoiler

I mean he jumped into the water to escape and that's it??? We don't hear a word about him at all and what they will do to his sword and etc.

I'm dying to know and yet there's nothing about him for a few episodes already! (Yes. I like him too) :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6