Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

@n3bula 

Yes, I’ve seen some of the song are available on spotify. Just search 将夜  and you’ll find them. :D

About Chen fei yu, From what I see, his studio still promote EN. Maybe he’s waiting to give his farewell next week. 

The raws we are seeing are actually the advance episodes the Tencent VIP get. So the normal airdate for the finale is next week hehe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

I re watch the fight scenes again and I love them so much. Even the one with the brother of Liu Bai. Eventhough, at first view, I did not like it because in the novel, NQ is more calm. But after rewatching it, I like the sword sequence. How about you guys? Beside the grand fight scene in epi 6, which one that you like the most?t

Episode 1 fight scene with the horse gang.. i like it a lot, it felt so raw!!!!! 

Ep 6 will always be a favorite right ? :D

I really enjoy all the fights scenes that are close range.. it felt more real somehow.

The fight scene in 34 is short, but I like it when NQ fights Lin ling and NQ’s sword blazed through and cracked Lin Ling’s sword... and hurt LL’s forehead... the sound effect makes it so realistic.. OMg! 

And let’s not forget the fight in the demon cave  :lol: Lian sheng32 was a scary opponent!!

Haha, Its save to say, i enjoy most of the fight scene in this drama, aside from the ones with Guan Hai (can that even be considered as a fight scene? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

I do like the OST. Are all songs available on spotify? 

I'm wondering why Arthur no longer promoted EN on his weibo. I would think he would've at least say to watch the finale. After all it was his show. 

Not all of them available on spotify, only the 6 major song. You can search them with keyword 将夜. Ups @lynne22 already answered it, sorry LOL.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

Episode 1 fight scene with the horse gang.. i like it a lot, it felt so raw!!!!! 

Ep 6 will always be a favorite right ? :D

I really enjoy all the fights scenes that are close range.. it felt more real somehow.

The fight scene in 34 is short, but I like it when NQ fights Lin ling and NQ’s sword blazed through and cracked Lin Ling’s sword... and hurt LL’s forehead... the sound effect makes it so realistic.. OMg! 

And let’s not forget the fight in the demon cave  :lol: Lian sheng32 was a scary opponent!!

Haha, Its save to say, i enjoy most of the fight scene in this drama, aside from the ones with Guan Hai (can that even be considered as a fight scene? :sweatingbullets:

For me almost all fighting scene in EN are decent for me, but my fav are especially the ones before NQ get into cultivation. Ep 1, ep 6, ep 11, ep 14. The movement, the choreography so good!

After the cultivation, i would say my fav is in the wilderness ep 33 or 34 i forgot, the one with Lin Ling, ep 38-39 battle with Lian Sheng in Demon Sect Cave and the final battle on ep 60.

The ones which decent but not my fav are...

in ep 41 and ep 43 fighting with XH and Lin Ling, they are just too short, and i am still confused why Lin Ling using his talisman fu but not attacking NQ just stood still waiting for NQ, after NQ attack with his demon taotie, Lin Ling instead of using the talisman, he stop the talisman and using his sword :sweatingbullets:. With Liu Bai's younger brother, it was also just too short. With Guan Hai n Dao Se, naahhh they were not a fighting scene :phew:.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@n3bula 

Yes, I’ve seen some of the song are available on spotify. Just search 将夜  and you’ll find them. :D

About Chen fei yu, From what I see, his studio still promote EN. Maybe he’s waiting to give his farewell next week. 

The raws we are seeing are actually the advance episodes the Tencent VIP get. So the normal airdate for the finale is next week hehe...

Oh  okay I didn't know that thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@n3bula 

I didn't know that we were seeing them in advance! :o So they will definitely get to 4.5billion and more views then.

I've seen SYR and Dylan Kuo have said their goodbyes.  I think CFY's goodbye was the post from last month at the same time it was announced he wouldn't be back and he has now moved on.   

6 hours ago, n3bula said:

I'm wondering why Arthur no longer promoted EN on his weibo. I would think he would've at least say to watch the finale. After all it was his show. 

I hope there is no bad blood in his leaving and it was a mutual decision due to the filming delays and he wants to continue his education as we heard intially :( I have read a rumour on another forum that the real reason CFY is not in the second season is because Tencent became the main investor in season 2 so they wanted to use their own actors. I really hope that isn't true.:angry:  I could see them doing that to a smaller actor but I don't think they would dare with CFY because CFY's family is so influential and one of the reasons Ever Night could even afford to film in Chang An city set was because it was built by his father for one of his previous films.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you @pristineqi.  He looks good here but it isn't a real photo, guys.  It is a picture edit.  

I agree, this is photoshopped. Looked at the hair on him @raziela... The picture in the left was Edited. His position in the picture are the same. All they did was  changed the background, put a wig , added the sword with clothes to that picture. Check out his edges in his face is a perfect match to the picture on the left . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pristineqi said:

Dylan-Wang.png

As far as looks go, i wonder if they will be increasing NQ's coldness/ ruthlessness? Bcoz that facial expression is kind of cold. S1 is quite lighthearted as there are many comedic moments. I still don't like the rumoured new FZ tho. 

• Like 1

Alright. I’ve finished the series and I have thoughts.

On Sangsang 
  1. C’mon….Less than 4 episodes left of the series and we literally don’t see her for an entire episode? Um, why? And in one of the episodes, she has less screen time and talking time than YHY? 
  2. Since MSS got out of the picture, the production team has rarely given moments between NQ&SS a backing soundtrack. Every sweet scene with NQ&MSS and NY&YHY gets a “oh-my-flutter-in-my-stomach” song and lovey dovey looks. But scenes with NQ&SS are way too brief. 
  3. I just adore SYR as SS. She’s amazing and so adorable. I’m so happy she’s not the typical looking female lead.

On this season
  1. Song Yi Ren is amazing as Sangsang. And Chen Fei Yu did an incredible job as Ning Que. I will really miss this duo. I wish they had more screen time in the last few episodes. Looking back, those first few episodes with them feel so nostalgic, pure, and magical.
  2. The actor for Long Qing was amazing! And he is very well built lol! I hope he comes back for season 2 because it helps with the cohesion even if the male lead changes. 
  3. I agree that the production team kind of butchered their romance a bit because of the emphasis on the other characters. I wished CFY had also made googly eyes at SS as he did with the others. Or a look of relief/gratitude during some of their later scenes because it like he was really her master.
  4. For the last battle, I was really hoping to see 
    Spoiler

all the Fire Fus when XH entered their lake mansion. That would have looked really epic. 

5. Why did they make YHY into a love sap? One of the good things about here in the first part of this novel is that she thinks NQ is a pile of crap. 
  6. Obviously, we needed more NQ&SS scenes in the later episodes. You could even just show them slurping their noodles for 5 minutes straight and no one would complain.

On SangSang in Season 2:
  1. Our girl SS is a genius and you need to keep all those novel bits in. Yes, she is “lazy,” but when she thinks, she outshines everyone. Here are some of the many gems you forgot in Season 1:
    1. That time when Master Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming were going to fight after the chessboard game gets knocked over and they need to get to business. But she remembers exactly where each piece is and gives them more time to not kill each other.
    2. When she beats Tang Xiao Tang like 129 times in chess and that is why TXT has to jump down the waterfall 129 times. 
    3. She is a freaking living version of Google Maps and is the key reason why NQ is able to shoot XH and win during his battle. 
  2. She needs more screen time. She could be washing vegetables for all I care. It’s just not cool how the female lead has less speaking time and I feel like screen time than the other female leads. Like MSS had like 10 episodes with 10+ minutes in each. I think SS is usually in just 1 or 2 scenes and they are too brief.

On Season 2: 
  1. I will watch Season 2. I, for the most part, really like the plot. If they keep the same: Director, SYR, Second Brother, CPP—I’m in. I’m kind of upset at the changes they’ve made, but it sort of balances out with the sweet additions they added with SS&NQ. They followed the story better than most adaptations. The cinematography was great, casting & acting caliber was amazing, and the soundtrack is magical. While I am a proud member of TEAM PETTY AF and want to boycott this on the fact that we get a new NQ, I need to give this outstanding production team a chance. Dylan Wang, in my book, was terrible in Meteor Garden while also having some redeeming scenes, but I am hoping he really improves. And with that...
  2. I want more sweet scenes between SS&NQ. I hope DW makes NQ to be more endearing to SS like how he is in the novel. I thought DW in Meteor Garden was great when it came to caring and thoughtful scenes with the female lead. I hope he doesn’t that exude that high and mighty exterior that I found CFY to have in the later episodes with SS. I’m pretty optimistic about this people lol. 
  3. NQ is definitely not my favorite character in the book. Hell, of any book of that matter. His ONLY redeeming quality is his love for SS. I can take him being shameless, but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies. Please change this in the drama lol. You gave us unnecessary and nonexistent NQ&MSS/NQ&YHY arcs. Please give us a more loyal Ning Que! LOL  

I have more thoughts. Will come back to share. 

Tagging others that I need to read my thoughts lol! @angelangie @UnniSarah @thartie @lynne22 @n3bula
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 
  1. C’mon….Less than 4 episodes left of the series and we literally don’t see her for an entire episode? Um, why? And in one of the episodes, she has less screen time and talking time than YHY? 
  2. Since MSS got out of the picture, the production team has rarely given moments between NQ&SS a backing soundtrack. Every sweet scene with NQ&MSS and NY&YHY gets a “oh-my-flutter-in-my-stomach” song and lovey dovey looks. But scenes with NQ&SS are way too brief. 
  3. I just adore SYR as SS. She’s amazing and so adorable. I’m so happy she’s not the typical looking female lead.

On this season
  1. Song Yi Ren is amazing as Sangsang. And Chen Fei Yu did an incredible job as Ning Que. I will really miss this duo. I wish they had more screen time in the last few episodes. Looking back, those first few episodes with them feel so nostalgic, pure, and magical.
  2. The actor for Long Qing was amazing! And he is very well built lol! I hope he comes back for season 2 because it helps with the cohesion even if the male lead changes. 
  3. I agree that the production team kind of butchered their romance a bit because of the emphasis on the other characters. I wished CFY had also made googly eyes at SS as he did with the others. Or a look of relief/gratitude during some of their later scenes because it like he was really her master.
      Reveal hidden contents

all the Fire Fus when XH entered their lake mansion. That would have looked really epic. 

5. Why did they make YHY into a love sap? One of the good things about here in the first part of this novel is that she thinks NQ is a pile of crap. 
  6. Obviously, we needed more NQ&SS scenes in the later episodes. You could even just show them slurping their noodles for 5 minutes straight and no one would complain.

On SangSang in Season 2:
  1. Our girl SS is a genius and you need to keep all those novel bits in. Yes, she is “lazy,” but when she thinks, she outshines everyone. Here are some of the many gems you forgot in Season 1:
    1. That time when Master Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming were going to fight after the chessboard game gets knocked over and they need to get to business. But she remembers exactly where each piece is and gives them more time to not kill each other.
    2. When she beats Tang Xiao Tang like 129 times in chess and that is why TXT has to jump down the waterfall 129 times. 
    3. She is a freaking living version of Google Maps and is the key reason why NQ is able to shoot XH and win during his battle. 
  2. She needs more screen time. She could be washing vegetables for all I care. It’s just not cool how the female lead has less speaking time and I feel like screen time than the other female leads. Like MSS had like 10 episodes with 10+ minutes in each. I think SS is usually in just 1 or 2 scenes and they are too brief.

On Season 2: 
  1. I will watch Season 2. I, for the most part, really like the plot. If they keep the same: Director, SYR, Second Brother, CPP—I’m in. I’m kind of upset at the changes they’ve made, but it sort of balances out with the sweet additions they added with SS&NQ. They followed the story better than most adaptations. The cinematography was great, casting & acting caliber was amazing, and the soundtrack is magical. While I am a proud member of TEAM PETTY AF and want to boycott this on the fact that we get a new NQ, I need to give this outstanding production team a chance. Dylan Wang, in my book, was terrible in Meteor Garden while also having some redeeming scenes, but I am hoping he really improves. And with that...
  2. I want more sweet scenes between SS&NQ. I hope DW makes NQ to be more endearing to SS like how he is in the novel. I thought DW in Meteor Garden was great when it came to caring and thoughtful scenes with the female lead. I hope he doesn’t that exude that high and mighty exterior that I found CFY to have in the later episodes with SS. I’m pretty optimistic about this people lol. 
  3. NQ is definitely not my favorite character in the book. Hell, of any book of that matter. His ONLY redeeming quality is his love for SS. I can take him being shameless, but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies. Please change this in the drama lol. You gave us unnecessary and nonexistent NQ&MSS/NQ&YHY arcs. Please give us a more loyal Ning Que! LOL  

This is such a great post! You said everything I felt but in a far more articulate manner:D

It was very disappointing the way the drama treated Sang Sang and the Ning Sang romance in the second half of the drama.  It's frankly baffling in the context of any story but especially in this one to treat the heroine and relationship which should be the heart of the drama so poorly.  SS was treated like a supporting character and the romance as an afterthought.

It's such a shame as it felt like a waste of Song Yi Ren's talent, Sang Sang's character and the excellent chemistry CFY and SS established in the first half of the drama.

• Like 3

@epinklyn Agreed... both of this scene were lame..... :joy:

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

With Guan Hai n Dao Se, naahhh they were not a fighting scene :phew:.

At least now with subs, I can understand that it looks like Lian Sheng 32 forcefully give his taotie ability to Ning Que, so NQ doesn't have the time to control it yet whenever he fights.... 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies.

when SS' father asks if he'll take concubines and he says he wants to :joy:

• LOL 5

@littlemissmiss

I love your post and so well articulated just like @raziela said. I am not good with words and your points are on point.

I have no idea if I’ll be watching Season 2 but agree with you Season 2 is about a really cold NQ. Ironically NQ, SS are my favorite character in the drama. I love all FuZi’s disciple.  I always tend to love and favor the most flawed character in any books or drama only if I understand their background. NQ is selfish but he is kind to the people who treats him or SS good. I understand why NQ is so shameless. He is selfish because he raised himself . He chose the path of being ruthless o he can survive. He is shameless and selfish because of what happened at General household. At a young age he learned you can only rely on himself and only love himself. He also found a SS who was there for him, never feared him and just loved him. She was saw the real him because would an evil person raise a child when he didn’t have the means of taking care of himself. He would meet  people but never really relied on them because he doesn’t trust them to stay by his side. Even Blackie who they worked together, wasn’t someone NQ completely trusted. I remember a scene when Black was staring at SS so much that NQ made SS leave the room because he didn’t like the way he looks at SS. His selfishness is the reason he Saved the world. His experience in life is what prepared him to save the woman he loves.

Even though he likes other woman, they can never really be anything other than like. His bond with SS is pure and strong that no one could break it because she will always be his priority .  The first person NQ told he joined the Devil was SS not MSS. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 

On this season
      Reveal hidden contents

On SangSang in Season 2:

On Season 2: 

I have more thoughts. Will come back to share. 

Tagging others that I need to read my thoughts lol! @angelangie @UnniSarah @thartie @lynne22 @n3bula

Even though I enjoy EN, the writing has been insufferable. SS really got the end of the stick & scrapped to the sideline as second fiddle as a character/romantic interest for NQ. I wanted her to have more agency in her own story arc & the drama hasnt deliver so far. Judging from preview clips, I dont think it will.

She gets killed/dies for shock value at the last episode, when this season's conflict couldve been resolved easily earlier on if given the time/episodes to develop & give NQ/SS a more fullfilling ending together.

NQ as a character is mostly interesting when he's w/SS or interacting w/others. His character development is bare minimum & stagnant. NQ at ep. 40 is pretty much the same NQ from ep.1. The only difference is he gains new abilites but even w/his newfound powers, his growth is almost nonexistent. The drama doesnt showcase NQ studying/learning enough. At times, NQ comes off as rather dull. He's an alright character but has potential to grow, but its executed poorly in a way thats inorganic. 

MSS/NQ relationship definitely cheapened NQ/SS would be 'perfect' transition from childhood friends to lovers. The drama needed to give NQ/SS more in-depth interaction to develop their relationship that goes beyond master/handmaiden & domestic activities/running errands for the first half of the show as individuals/pair. I also dislike SS addressing NQ as master the entire show, even after NQ claims/announce her as his wife, she still calls him master? Its ridiculous. Theres no equalness between them & this makes NQ comes off as overbearing. 

The romance couldve been handled alot better but this issue has been mentioned on several occassions throughout the thread, so at this point, it is what it is.

Some of the characters needed more

development & better writing/

characterization & screentime.

(Ex: Fuzi literally does nothing for 40 episodes besides eating/relaxing on the side of the river & shows up briefly in dream sequences.)

Stuff happens too late & too abruptly. Pretty much my criticism of EN is the writing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I didn't know that we were seeing them in advance! :o So they will definitely get to 4.5billion and more views then.

I've seen SYR and Dylan Kuo have said their goodbyes.  I think CFY's goodbye was the post from last month at the same time it was announced he wouldn't be back and he has now moved on.   

I hope there is no bad blood in his leaving and it was a mutual decision due to the filming delays and he wants to continue his education as we heard intially :( I have read a rumour on another forum that the real reason CFY is not in the second season is because Tencent became the main investor in season 2 so they wanted to use their own actors. I really hope that isn't true.:angry:  I could see them doing that to a smaller actor but I don't think they would dare with CFY because CFY's family is so influential and one of the reasons Ever Night could even afford to film in Chang An city set was because it was built by his father for one of his previous films.

I hope it's mutual otherwise it is not fair for Arthur nor the new cast. 

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree, this is photoshopped. Looked at the hair on him @raziela... The picture in the left was Edited. His position in the picture are the same. All they did was  changed the background, put a wig , added the sword with clothes to that picture. Check out his edges in his face is a perfect match to the picture on the left . 

It is an edit fans made. Dylan is still handsome though. I can't wait to see an official photograph of him and SYR as NQ/SS :wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raziela said:

This is such a great post! You said everything I felt but in a far more articulate manner:D

It was very disappointing the way the drama treated Sang Sang and the Ning Sang romance in the second half of the drama.  It's frankly baffling in the context of any story but especially in this one to treat the heroine and relationship which should be the heart of the drama so poorly.  SS was treated like a supporting character and the romance as an afterthought.

It's such a shame as it felt like a waste of Song Yi Ren's talent, Sang Sang's character and the excellent chemistry CFY and SS established in the first half of the drama.

I love SS w/all my bleedin' heart and to see a female character, who has HUGE potential for character

growth/development as an individual, gets shafted this way mind boggles me in a displeasing way. 

• Like 4