Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Luckily I've read the novel :

and have prepared for the cliffhanger *sigh* . When I saw that they spent several minutes left for the supporting characters, I just knew it that they would cut it abruptly 

Anyway, love XH! He is great and it's pretty sad when he died, just like when I read the novel.

Another thing that I love is when NQ challenged him to a duel and told his background story in front of everyone. Poor NQ, that was sad

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, pristineqi said:

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If you have finished the drama I would highly recommend reading the novel, it's really wonderfully written and will tide you over until season 2

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

If you have finished the drama I would highly recommend reading the novel, it's really wonderfully written and will tide you over until season 2

I resist reading the novel (translation) so that I can accept all that is dished to me by the director, scriptwriter n production team without constantly having to compare the drama vs the novel. Loooove the drama but this ending frustrates me to no end :crazy: ... I know I'm unreasonable :p

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Luckily I've read the novel :

Reveal hidden contents

and have prepared for the cliffhanger *sigh* . When I saw that they spent several minutes left for the supporting characters, I just knew it that they would cut if abruptly 

Anyway, love XH! He is great and it's pretty sad when he died, just like when I read the novel.

Another thing that I love is when NQ challenged him to a duel and told his background story in front of everyone. Poor NQ, that was sad

For me it makes sense for the battle with XH to be the last episode because this ties up the revenge part of the novel.  Also (spoiler about the rest of the novel):

Spoiler

I like that they made SS getting hurt here be the trigger for her illness, that was just lightly mentioned throughout this drama, because it sets up for season 2 to be all about why SS had the chilling disease in the first place, finding the cure, and in the process finding out all about SS.  The first two volumes of the novel, and hence the drama, was really focused on NQ gaining powers (with his revenge serving as motivation) and the middle volumes is really about SS growth and the revelation of her powers. 

• Like 3

Just now, mei2018 said:

Aww'I amnot ready to depart. The Eng sub are only at 50th episode.I sillhave 10 more to go.:tounge_xd:

And I have epi 1 to rewatch all over again :P

Oh well, it finally ends :) .

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just now, kiara_bleu said:

For me it makes sense for the battle with XH to be the last episode because this ties up the revenge part of the novel.  Also (spoiler about the rest of the novel):

Hide contents

I like that they made SS getting hurt here be the trigger for her illness, that was just lightly mentioned throughout this drama, because it sets up for season 2 to be all about why SS had the chilling disease in the first place, finding the cure, and in the process finding out all about SS.  The first two volumes of the novel, and hence the drama, was really focused on NQ gaining powers (with his revenge serving as motivation) and the middle volumes is really about SS growth and the revelation of her powers. 

It's not about XH being in the last episode, but the way they cut it abruptly after that. I understand that they need to make a cliffhanger in order to make viewers waiting for Season 2, but we'll miss the end/closing of the battle with CPP helping NQ, and NQ-SS hugging in the snow after the victory . It's better if they show that, instead of the PRincess and the annoying brother. That kinda a turn off for me

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Ok, I could not resist (as always:rolleyes:) and watch the last 2 episodes unsub.

I really like the battle scene . I think that it is well done.

Spoiler

I would love that they finished part one with a happier note such as NQ amd SS engagement ceremony. :tounge_xd:

The Drama does not need to be so dramatic at the end.

PS: I heard that the guy playing LQ will also not return for season 2.

Anyone can confirm that?

If that is the case all these setting up for his story willl also feel strange.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

It's not about XH being in the last episode, but the way they cut it abruptly after that. I understand that they need to make a cliffhanger in order to make viewers waiting for Season 2, but we'll miss the end/closing of the battle with CPP helping NQ, and NQ-SS hugging in the snow after the victory . It's better if they show that, instead of the PRincess and the annoying brother. That kinda a turn off for me

I get what you mean but I guess the drama decided to make the battle all about NQ and SS against XH instead.  It would have been nice to see  a happier kind of ending but this is where I think the needs of a drama vs that of a novel can be sometimes at odds, drama for some reason always feel the need to build up the excitement for the next season.  I guess they are afraid that with a happier ending the audience will say, okay we are good now no need to see the rest :rolleyes:.

Actually this reminds of when I saw the first Lord of the Rings movie...I have never read the books but just went along with friends because it was the big event movie of its day.  I knew this was just the first part of a planned 3 movies covering the story.  Still I was so disappointed that the first movie ended with the protagonists not even reaching Mordor yet.  I was like "You mean I just waited in line for an hour and sat through a 3 hour movie of them just traveling and fighting and this movie ends with them staring off to the distance not even reaching their destination?" " I have to wait another year to find out if they even get there?" :joy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

Ok, I could not resist (as always:rolleyes:) and watch the last 2 episodes unsub.

Reveal hidden contents

I would love that they finished part one with a happier note such as NQ amd SS engagement ceremony. :tounge_xd:

Anyone can confirm that?

Same here :P .. love the battle too. I'm going to rewatch  it all over again

Anyway, that's my issue as well

Spoiler

They give a cliffhanger, but they change the actors. That really gives a strange and disconnected feeling

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

Hide contents

Anyone can confirm that?

a lot of them will not be returning for the S2 unfortunately 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

[spoiler]

They give a cliffhanger, but they change the actors. That really gives a strange and disconnected feeling

[/spoiler]

It would have been nice if they could have shot the whole novel all at once so that it guarantees the same actors.  Who knows what resources were available for them if they could have just had one very long season (if that could do justice to the novel...maybe have to cut out other characters, major scenes) or shot it all but have multiple seasons.  I have heard that this is an issue with other c-dramas as well, some dramas having open ending with fans hoping for a second season that never materializes for one reason or another.  At least this one got a second season

• Like 3

Just now, kiara_bleu said:

It would have been nice if they could have shot the whole novel all at once so that it guarantees the same actors.  Who knows what resources were available for them if they could have just had one very long season (if that could do justice to the novel...maybe have to cut out other characters, major scenes) or shot it all but have multiple seasons.  I have heard that this is an issue with other c-dramas as well, some dramas having open ending with fans hoping for a second season that never materializes for one reason or another.  At least this one got a second season

Well, viewers are honest with their feelings ;) ..

I understand why they are doing it, though this is a different case with LOTR, like what I said in my previous post. Sorry, my internet connection is lacking, it's hard to post / edit comments

• Like 3

I...finally watch it... (Use NQ husky voice and style of talking) :joy:

Spoiler

Well i give the final battle score of 8/10, i love they insert NQ go back to the past, and i love they also insert XH past, and i love how XH give NQ advice before he died, they both are victim yes. I wish NQ can forgive XH after this. Yeah although i would love seeing NQ n SS hugging and CPP help support SS, but i guess it will be an antiklimaks for the end, i guess i prefer this ending  where our heartbeat still beating fast and our feeling still emotional watching how XH died betrayed by Xi Ling. So in appreciation of XH, we would not need any celebration with a nice happy ending.

I also love the NQ confession moment, how he grateful to the emperor, and mention other victims that havent been acknowledged by emperor, each name one by one, and explain that he is not general son. Really love it. I prefer this one than the novel version.

Let me rewatch again, and maybe i have other comment LOL, for now that's all :P.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, rhaps said:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Yup! I would be like... I am not sure who are these 2 guys but look like they have issue with each other for a long time. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

26 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

that will only happen if the production decided to shot the whole process together....which means the artist will have a long commitment which most will reject....

u see when they film 'The Four1,2,3' which is the movies version by Gordon Chan, they did it at a go, the whole things was film together.....

it involved the major big cast like Ronald Cheng, Liu YiFei, Deng Chao the other guy I cant remember his name.....they did it for almost 1 years ++ and that is only movie version.....so imagine the drama version.....it will be near impossible i think....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate this drama for what it is. I read the novel too and it definitely a different approach. But perhaps because i am possibly older than lot of people here i am not sad by it.

I watched this with pleasure and never feel bored. 

I rewatched from the beginning and the path is very good to introduce the story.

The Drama Ning Qe is more lovable than in the novel but the essence of the caracter is here : sangsang is his all. Same for SangSang : was she like the novel (where she is handsome) she would be bland on the screen... It 's my opinion : some things could be good on paper but bland on screen.

PS : well i should practice more my english because it would be horrible to read me.... Sorry

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I...finally watch it... (Use NQ husky voice and style of talking) :joy:

Reveal hidden contents

Well i give the final battle score of 8/10, i love they insert NQ go back to the past, and i love they also insert XH past, and i love how XH give NQ advice before he died, they both are victim yes. I wish NQ can forgive XH after this. Yeah although i would love seeing NQ n SS hugging and CPP help support SS, but i guess it will be an antiklimaks for the end, i guess i prefer this ending  where our heartbeat still beating fast and our feeling still emotional watching how XH died betrayed by Xi Ling. So in appreciation of XH, we would not need any celebration with a nice happy ending.

I also love the NQ confession moment, how he grateful to the emperor, and mention other victims that havent been acknowledged by emperor, each name one by one, and explain that he is not general son. Really love it. I prefer this one than the novel version.

Let me rewatch again, and maybe i have other comment LOL, for now that's all :P.

I rewatch 59-60

I love NQ and XH. They are both very sad characters :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1