Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

3 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

AS WHAT IT HAD PREDICTED and I am not surprised with ending at all!

Now we have to wait another few months or a year to watch season 2 :tears:wish we didn't have to wait that long!!! Going to miss CFY as NQ aswell but also looking forward to Dylan wang as NQ and hoping he will fit the character! Also is there a place we can petition for SS to have a second male lead??? Lol it's always SS getting insecure or jealous I want NQ to feel the same in season 2 aswell 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

18 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Now we have to wait another few months or a year to watch season 2 :tears:wish we didn't have to wait that long!!! Going to miss CFY as NQ aswell but also looking forward to Dylan wang as NQ and hoping he will fit the character! Also is there a place we can petition for SS to have a second male lead??? Lol it's always SS getting insecure or jealous I want NQ to feel the same in season 2 aswell 

:joy:The auntie wont allowed SS to 'taste' that goodness of having men savoring her. We can only expecting this happen either from LQ and 2nd brother in S 2. 

Spoiler

But, when SS touched 2nd bro's face, NQ was jealous. While LQ wanna eat SS alive and triggering NQ's madness. So, keep savoring these scenes until next year:joy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

AS WHAT IT HAD PREDICTED and I am not surprised with ending at all!

So for the ending and spoiler theory for season 2:

Spoiler

They did go for the cliffhanger...makes sense for a drama since maybe ending with them looking for a cure for SS can be anticlimactic after epic battle.

Prediction:

They will start season 2 updating on the lives of each character and at first implying that SS is dead, e.g. everyone talking about poor NQ, only to reveal she is just terribly sick not dead.  Season 2 will start with them leaving everything in Chang An behind to begin their quest to find a cure for SS. This mirrors season 1 when they leave the city of Wei for NQ to enter the academy and begin  his quest for revenge.  Maybe cliffhanger for season 2 is when SS becomes the Divine Light and everyone thinks she is dead again?  Or they might make massive changes to cover the rest of the novel in season 2. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

But, when SS touches 2nd bro's face, NQ was jealous. While LQ wanna eat SS alive and triggering NQ's madness

OMG Thankyou for letting me know that. Was that in the novel? Do you know roughly which chapters so I can try and search it. If not that's okay I can only pray aunty will include that in S2

Update:found it just then myself through searching JunMo and SS in Chinese. And I'm dying at Google translate after SS touched Junmos face the translation was : "the vinegar was born and it was very angry" LOL literally Chinese to English translation of eating vinegar when jealous 

• LOL 3

Omg i miss the party, i am still outside doing my chores, late night maybe i'll catch up, so my prediction is totally wrong? :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Few action scene gif for the action lovers......

006Nd7FXly1fympsdr1o8g30ex090hdu.gif

Spoiler

006Nd7FXly1fympsbiyajg30fa09q7wk.gif

729399d8gy1fymquhh4qwj20xp0hn7wh.jpg

729399d8gy1fymqtpmobhj20xo0hg7pj.jpg

729399d8gy1fymqvvmo0jj211i0ih4qp.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Apart from the funny jumps all around, i think the final duel was okay. It didn't surpass ep 6 pavilion fight, and either they ran out of money for the finale or ran out of time for post production. I hope they will release an improved director's cut. HJ was brilliant and liked that they humanised him a bit. 

I agree that NQ and XH aren't much different afterall. In the novel i felt like XH was a victim of circumstances. If only WGM hadn't told him about the child of yama.... 

It is to be expected that they had to tone down the truth/brutality of what happened at the general's mansion almost 20 years ago. Probably in order to comply with China censorship. I supposed S2 may be milder than the book version too. Anyhow, will wait for subs, and let hear everyone's view before we disperse to another drama... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

how i wish we can just be like the staff u know get together to watch the series finale over a bout of stimboat!!! :D 

DveOkQ-WwAAMUgE_zpsgupbyj6o.jpgDveOkQ9X0AIMpYA_zpsamvhnvsh.jpg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Apart from the funny jumps all around, i think the final duel was okay. It didn't surpass ep 6 pavilion fight, and either they ran out of money for the finale or ran out of time for post production. I hope they will release an improved director's cut. HJ was brilliant and liked that they humanised him a bit. 

For me this issue is so common in many c-dramas where the storytelling and direction is so strong in the first few episodes and for some it loses track and gets draggy even to the point of not making any sense in the middle so completely that I end up giving up on them.  EN is not perfect by any means but I appreciate that it mostly succeeded in keeping the narration tight and focused. 

I wonder if the difference in the quality of the fights also was affected by the setting.  The pavilion fight looks like they could do mostly in a studio so they can control every aspect.  Did they try to film most of the final fight on location? I know the production felt it was important to use natural settings.   I wonder if that made it more challenging to get what they wanted.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

OMG Thankyou for letting me know that. Was that in the novel? Do you know roughly which chapters so I can try and search it. If not that's okay I can only pray aunty will include that in S2

Update:found it just then myself through searching JunMo and SS in Chinese. And I'm dying at Google translate after SS touched Junmos face the translation was : "the vinegar was born and it was very angry" LOL literally Chinese to English translation of eating vinegar when jealous 

HUAHUAHUA VINEGAR???:joy::joy:

Waittttt, I am in the middle of watching NQ fighting with Xia Hou now:joy:

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

For me this issue is so common in many c-dramas where the storytelling and direction is so strong in the first few episodes and for some it loses track and gets draggy even to the point of not making any sense in the middle so completely that I end up giving up on them.  EN is not perfect by any means but I appreciate that it mostly succeeded in keeping the narration tight and focused. 

I wonder if the difference in the quality of the fights also was affected by the setting.  The pavilion fight looks like they could do mostly in a studio so they can control every aspect.  Did they try to film most of the final fight on location? I know the production felt it was important to use natural settings.   I wonder if that made it more challenging to get what they wanted.

when fighting scene is film outside of the studio they need to be able to control the wiring properly and they need tons of cranes to ensure that....and wiring always need to be done carefully.....as those wiring will cut into the artist body which was why during all this fighting scene they will get a body double in usually.....

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I agree that NQ and XH aren't much different afterall. In the novel i felt like XH was a victim of circumstances. If only WGM hadn't told him about the child of yama.... 

It is to be expected that they had to tone down the truth/brutality of what happened at the general's mansion almost 20 years ago. Probably in order to comply with China censorship. I supposed S2 may be milder than the book version too. Anyhow, will wait for subs, and let hear everyone's view before we disperse to another drama... 

Maybe because it was one to one battle, so it cant surpass the ep 6 which was a large scale battle between 3 group vs 2 person. Oh well i better watch it first, i wanna go home nowwwww! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

WHO CUTTING THE ONIONS???!!!:bawling:

Spoiler

Maybe only me (and the empress) shedded tears while knowing Xia Hou died and I dont care. I hate Xiling people! I hate their schemes! They wanted Xia Hou dies at NQ's hand. I hate to see Xia Hou was thinking back his past life. He did regret for what he had done. But, he is just a victim of that white-hair granpa!:heartbreak: Xia Houuuu:bawling:

Meanwhile, I dont cry or feel any emotional at all while seeing SS dying and I think its because I already knew inside my head that she is actually alive and still have a long life to go on. 

I kinda attracted to LQ. When I saw his appearances at the ending part, he looks different and cool:D dont hate me comrades, sometimes I like 'bad guys or bad girls"

If the season 2 is airing next year, meaning I will be watched it in New Zealand since I am moving there soon:tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

WHO CUTTING THE ONIONS???!!!:bawling:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe only me (and the empress) shedded tears while knowing Xia Hou died and I dont care. I hate Xiling people! I hate their schemes! They wanted Xia Hou dies at NQ's hand. I hate to see Xia Hou was thinking back his past life. He did regret for what he had done. But, he is just a victim of that white-hair granpa!:heartbreak: Xia Houuuu:bawling:

Meanwhile, I dont cry or feel any emotional at all while seeing SS dying and I think its because I already knew inside my head that she is actually alive and still have a long life to go on. 

I kinda attracted to LQ. When I saw his appearances at the ending part, he looks different and cool:D dont hate me comrades, sometimes I like 'bad guys or bad girls"

What I'm emotional about is seeing NQ and SS fighting side by side for each other, and this time SS being able to fight back and help protect her man:

About the ending:

Spoiler

I'm glad I got spoilers through the novel because even though being put in an emotional wringer can be so satisfying in a weird way when watching dramas, I am so invested in these two that I'm glad I have the novel to comfort me and don't need to wait until season 2 to find out.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

What I'm emotional about is seeing NQ and SS fighting side by side for each other, and this time SS being able to fight back and help protect her man:

About the ending:

Hide contents

I'm glad I got spoilers through the novel because even though being put in an emotional wringer can be so satisfying in a weird way when watching dramas, I am so invested in these two that I'm glad I have the novel to comfort me and don't need to wait until season 2 to find out.

Me tooooo!

I cant imagine what gonna happen with my poor brain after the drama ended without got spoilers through novel. 

Now... I am confused... I have mixed feelings.. what is the next drama I am gonna watch after this:huh:

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, pristineqi said:

:blink: Why do I feel shortchanged by the ending??? .....

because u suppose to have S2 and it is a continuation :D 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1