Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

BTS from the meeting of NQ YHY n XH. YHY is so cute and sweet in real life, Hu Jun also funny, he can create happy atmosphere in the set, look how CPP laughing a lot in his back :joy:

 

https://fx.weico.net/share/50467051.html?weibo_id=4322202340045752

Just watched this

Hu Jun looked like a warm funny guy. I think I'm going to rewatch his old drama after this is over :P .  Like I said, I often forgot that he was a villain, because he always has this heroic aura

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

 

Yeah me too @lynne22, i think i got trapped with EN, and like @rhaps said, this kind of series with actor changing on the 2nd season, turn out affect on me as well, some part of me is hurt cant accepted other actor to play NQ, but some part of me said that i have to let it go, one is enough, and that also the good one to remember, dont get dissapointed.

 

Hopefully Dylan Wang can portray NQ beautifully like CFY did or better, maybe he can ask CFY for help right.

It is hard not to get attached to the actor who starts as the lead. I am sad to see him go but I'll keep watching.

 

I'm sure Dylan will surprise you guys. He will grow on you. He is talented. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am so biased too @Snow Guardian .  I have no idea if I will watch or not watch the second season. I haven't had a lot of luck watching asian drama with Multiple Season . I never like Season 2. I wished I had known there would be a part 2.  :tears::tears::bawling:  I tend to avoid them like the plague.  

Friend don't give up on EN. Give it a chance. You love the novel so continue watching. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

As long as MSS doesnt suddenly come out in season 2 and trying to snatch NQ away from SS nor the auntie trying to add in unnecessary parts between NQ-MSS, then I am fine:lol::lol: sorry comrades, I am so biased:D

I feel you! 

16 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Like I said, I often forgot that he was a villain, because he always has this heroic aura

Same! My first show I watched of him was Tian Long Ba Bu 2003-classic amazing drama 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hu Jun looked like a warm funny guy. I think I'm going to rewatch his old drama after this is over :P .  Like I said, I often forgot that he was a villain, because he always has this heroic aura

 

While HJ doesn't make much appearance in dramas, I think he is one of the actors that has the capacity to deliver very well in all of his appearance. Considering how huge the ensemble in EN is, his character is probably the one that is most flawless in terms of character delivery, they way his character is written and appearance. I mean, CFY did reasonably fair but he still has a lot of room for improvement. SYR fared better, but her character suffered a bit due to the screenplay. Leon Lai isn't really Tony Leung.

 

My favourite actors in EN is Hu Jun, the guy who played YS and the guy who played CPP. Going into S2, I generally hope that all of the casts can remain - except for LQ's bro who I think is a miscast.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dzareth

 

I agree about Xia Hou/Hu Jun and CPP. When I read the novel, I feel that he was not a really bad guy. Hu Jun showed that perfectly, a ruthless general with his own circumstances. CPP is also the same. He is likeable and just like how he was in the novel. 

 

I dont have many complaints on CFY coz he is a very new star and this is his 1st long drama. He looked ackward in the beginning, but became better and better as the series progresses, until he made this role hisn own.  I feel that his performance and weaknesses are decent and understandable. The same thing goes to SYR . And, I actually dont mind with LQ's brother. Although I dont like his character, I think he is also decent.

11 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

 

Same! My first show I watched of him was Tian Long Ba Bu 2003-classic amazing drama 

Same here!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so ashamed...

giphy.gif

I forgot to congratulate us on a job well done :D

                         Congratualtions

giphy.gif Let's try and do this again in another cdrama. :heart::heart:

 

 

We have Reached 152 pagess... OMG  :wub::wub: EverNight Succeeded where no other Cdrama ever has CMIIW 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dzareth said:

 

While HJ doesn't make much appearance in dramas, I think he is one of the actors that has the capacity to deliver very well in all of his appearance. Considering how huge the ensemble in EN is, his character is probably the one that is most flawless in terms of character delivery, they way his character is written and appearance. I mean, CFY did reasonably fair but he still has a lot of room for improvement. SYR fared better, but her character suffered a bit due to the screenplay. Leon Lai isn't really Tony Leung.

 

My favourite actors in EN is Hu Jun, the guy who played YS and the guy who played CPP. Going into S2, I generally hope that all of the casts can remain - except for LQ's bro who I think is a miscast.

 

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

@dzareth

 

I agree about Xia Hou/Hu Jun and CPP. When I read the novel, I feel that he was not a really bad guy. Hu Jun showed that perfectly, a ruthless general with his own circumstances. CPP is also the same. He is likeable and just like how he was in the novel. 

 

I dont have many complaints on CFY coz he is a very new star and this is his 1st long drama. He looked ackward in the beginning, but became better and better as the series progresses, until he made this role hisn own.  I feel that his performance and weaknesses are decent and understandable. The same thing goes to SYR . And, I actually dont mind with LQ's brother. Although I dont like his character, I think he is also decent.

Same here!

 

 

Yes i like Hu Jun very much, he portrayed XH flawlessly, we can see his love to his sister, his loyalty to emperor, he is much like NQ will do anything just to protect his sister, even to kill so many innocent people. Yet he can be ruthless amd cold blooded. 

 

For CFY i think i he succeed in portraying NQ, yeah at the beginning first 2-3 eps, he was so stiff, but afterwards he start to get into the character. Especially when he meet Chao Xiao Shu, really like their interaction. I also love SYR, she is so loveable and match with CFY despite their age gap, we barely see it. I love seeing their chemistry :love:.

 

With this huge ensemble of casts, they managed to build chemistry one another, especially the main cast which has the most interaction with other supporting cast. So if the production team for S2 is the same and the casts mostly the same, i will definetely watch EN S2. For now i still keep CFY image as NQ and the rest cast in S1 in my own imaginary world LOL.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Found some beautiful stills. Cr. As tagged.

Gorgeous!  Ever Night is such a beautifully filmed drama.

 

4 hours ago, n3bula said:

There are a couple of things the screenwriter/director failed to capture on screen. 

I think "a couple" is being too kind.  They have missed a lot of opportunities to develop the NingSang emotional line onscreen.  Didn't Ning Que say Sang Sang is his life?  Show the audience!

 

4 hours ago, n3bula said:

You're welcome. Yes it looks like they had fun. Both actors are very handsome my eyes thank them lol. 

:lol::lol:

 

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

@dzareth

 

I agree about Xia Hou/Hu Jun and CPP. When I read the novel, I feel that he was not a really bad guy. Hu Jun showed that perfectly, a ruthless general with his own circumstances. CPP is also the same. He is likeable and just like how he was in the novel. 

I agree with you both.  I appreciate that Xia Hou is not just a simple cardboard villain. He had his reasons for his actions. Same with WGM.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw Xia Hou gave a flower to his sister, it was a heartbreaking scene to watch. I almost shedding tears when Xia Hou talked about their childhood lives and how the empress likes the flower. They both were trying to endure their painfulness of worrying each other's safety. The empress asked him to give up, but Xia Hou doesnt want. Some of us here might dont like Xia Hou and YHY, tbh I like both of them very much. 

 

When I saw Xia Hou walked out the door, I could feel the empress's pain in her heart. She was like kinda know that her brother might wont be come back alive to her. And suddenly I dont feel like wanna watch his fight with NQ. I dont feel Xia Hou is that bad. He indeed killed many people. NQ also killed many people, so I dont see NQ is better than Xia Hou. 

 

I have no idea why I was so excited whenever I see LQ on the screen. Without him in this drama, I would feel the show would kinda plain and not savory enough:D I like all the meeting scenes he and NQ had.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

When I saw Xia Hou gave a flower to his sister, it was a heartbreaking scene to watch. I almost shedding tears when Xia Hou talked about their childhood lives and how the empress likes the flower. They both were trying to endure their painfulness of worrying each other's safety. The empress asked him to give up, but Xia Hou doesnt want. Some of us here might dont like Xia Hou and YHY, tbh I like both of them very much. 

 

When I saw Xia Hou walked out the door, I could feel the empress's pain in her heart. She was like kinda know that her brother might wont come back alive to her. And suddenly I dont feel like wanna watch his fight with NQ. I dont feel Xia Hou is that bad. He indeed killed many people. NQ also killed many people, so I dont see NQ is better than Xia Hou. 

 

I have no idea why I was so excited whenever I see LQ on the screen. Without him in this drama, I would feel the show would kinda plain and not savory enough:D I like all the meeting scenes he and NQ. 

 

actually i didnt dislike XiaHou....he is just protecting what belong to his and protecting who he love....it is just that he is in the opposition sides and need to make a choice to make that happen

 

the empress also will do the same thing....for XiaHou, the sisterly and brotherly bond....is a bond real family will understand....the sacrifice that each do for one another....is what make family matter :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoilers for ep 59-60

Spoiler

My heart literally broke when NQ and SS were battling XH. And when NQ hugged SS and screamed "sang sang you're not allowed to die". 

Season 1 ends with the cliffhanger of NQ saying that she can't die and then moves onto LQ with dark emo eyeliner turning around and saying NQ I've returned. 

CFY acting in the last scene was really well done! I could feel the pain and loss if SS dies he looked like a helpless little puppy scared of losing his life 

Spoiler

Is it bad I also kind of giggled in that intense moment SS runs towards XH and pokes him with her black umbrella lol :PI thought it would be more epic than that

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stills released our poor SangSang heavily wounded and one of the best stills will be 2nd Brother with his overly tall HAT :x

 

006AUUKhly1fylk1av58aj31hc0u0npd_zpseslj006AUUKhly1fylk1kxg2lj31hc0u0kjl_zpsywbt006AUUKhly1fylk1atkyij31900u0u0x_zpsaikf

 

Spoiler

006AUUKhly1fylk1j21k0j31hc0u0e81_zpsxgdf006AUUKhly1fylk1h7t0bj31hc0u0b2a_zpsv3t4006AUUKhly1fylk1m3p59j31hc0u0x6p_zpsqjlu

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

actually i didnt dislike XiaHou....he is just protecting what belong to his and protecting who he love....it is just that he is in the opposition sides and need to make a choice to make that happen

 

the empress also will do the same thing....for XiaHou, the sisterly and brotherly bond....is a bond real family will understand....the sacrifice that each do for one another....is what make family matter :) 

Well said!

If we are really observing Xia Hou and Empress's relationship, it is actually quite similar with NQ-SS's relationship. These four people have the same goals which is protecting their loved ones. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

Spoilers for ep 59-60

  Hide contents

My heart literally broke when NQ and SS were battling XH. And when NQ hugged SS and screamed "sang sang you're not allowed to die". 

Season 1 ends with the cliffhanger of NQ saying that she can't die and then moves onto LQ with dark emo eyeliner turning around and saying NQ I've returned. 

CFY acting in the last scene was really well done! I could feel the pain and loss if SS dies he looked like a helpless little puppy scared of losing his life 

  Hide contents

Is it bad I also kind of giggled in that intense moment SS runs towards XH and pokes him with her black umbrella lol :PI thought it would be more epic than that

 

AS WHAT IT HAD PREDICTED and I am not surprised with the ending at all!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...