Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@UnniSarah thanks! 1st... I need to get pass episode 1 first. Lol

i do admit episode 1 was quite slow out of the like first 12 episodes its probs the weakest i think tbh.

I liked all episodes though but 6 onwards is where the drama really kicks up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wotad said:

i do admit episode 1 was quite slow out of the like first 12 episodes its probs the weakest i think tbh.

I liked all episodes though but 6 onwards is where the drama really kicks up. 

It's contradictary with me. I think epi 1 and 2 are one of the best episodes among all. It was one of my favourites, besides 6-7, of course

3 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

how many chapters does the novel have? is there a book 2 for the 2nd season? will it still be about NQ and SS? 

The novel has > 10000 chapters, being divided into several volumes . Yes, the 2nd season is also still about them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Chao Xiaoshu is dreamy! Oh and Elder Brother looks a bit like Cho Seung Woo (Korean actor - Secret Forest, Life, etc).. a bit! 

So, I just finished ep 4 and 5 and the whole demon sect + Hades worshipping + Long Qing and the General.
Now I'm confused. Did I miss this in the book?

Who is planning to kill LQ and what's the deal with the demon sect and LQ? :blink::unsure::wacko:

And the whole LQ killed the tribal leader - tribal leader rose from the 'dead' and attacked the general feels so wrong. :sweatingbullets:

One thing I notice after reading the book how contradictory LQ and NQ are.

Hide contents

LQ looks as if he represents the Light, but his heart and action is 'dark'. 
NQ looks as if he's from the 'dark' but he's actually surrounded by the light. 
I notice this after reading the test for Second Floor. How contrast are LQ and NQ. 

I also thought that the Elder Brother looked like a Korean actor, but I didnt remember who :P

Regarding LQ and the Light Palace and Demon Sect conflicts, IIRC correctly, they are also in the novel, but not as detail as the drama, while some parts are changed a bit (like YHY's parts). And the events in the novel are told in a different order than the drama. For example : LQ isnt told much in the beginning of the novel, and the rebellion at the Light Palace is told briefly in the middle of the story, while the drama puts it in the beginning. 

Pls CMIIW, anyone 

Regarding LQ and NQ :

My impression over LQ's drama is he is not as dazzling as what I expect(although the actor is indeed handsome), because he should be a very handsome guy in the novel, who becomes the talk of every girl, including SS *lol - even NQ feels a bit intimidated*.  

Another thing that I like is LQ-NQ already has a conflict and bicker the 1st time they meet. And after that 1st meeting, they are both saying,"Damn, I hate that guy" *lol*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I also thought that the Elder Brother looked like a Korean actor, but I didnt remember who :P

Regarding LQ and the Light Palace and Demon Sect conflicts, IIRC correctly, they are also in the novel, but not as detail as the drama, while some parts are changed a bit (like YHY's parts). And the events in the novel are told in a different order than the drama. For example : LQ isnt told much in the beginning of the novel, and the rebellion at the Light Palace is told briefly in the middle of the story, while the drama puts it in the beginning. 

Yes, no wonder I feel LQ's story in the drama is missing from the novel since I only just read up to chp 174. 

Perhaps later when I reach that part, I can understand better. 

Oh, another part that I didnt notice in the novel is Lee Yu's brother (third prince). Did I totally miss this guy in the novel or is the drama simply advance his timing? That guy is annoying. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Oh, another part that I didnt notice in the novel is Lee Yu's brother (third prince). Did I totally miss this guy in the novel or is the drama simply advance his timing? That guy is annoying. 

I actually still miss some parts in the novel. He is also in the novel, but I'm not sure whether :

he was also a student in the Academy or not. I dont think he is, though

Perhaps @lynne22, @sonicwave or others know better 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I actually still miss some parts in the novel. He is also in the novel, but I'm not sure whether :

Hide contents

he was also a student in the Academy or not. I dont think he is, though

Perhaps @lynne22, @sonicwave or others know better 

Yes, you remember correctly.

Spoiler

In the novel, he's barely mentioned at the beginning. His abuse of others, the poison plot,  the school part, and later, the military part, are all drama additions. I guess to show us what a useless brat he is and get the audience to hate him even more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, sonicwave said:

Yes, you remember correctly.

Hide contents

In the novel, he's barely mentioned at the beginning. His abuse of others, the poison plot,  the school part, and later, the military part, are all drama additions. I guess to show us what a useless brat he is and get the audience to hate him even more.

Ah thanks!

Yeah, because as far as I remember, the ones who always hate  and gossip about NQ are the sons of officials, but not the princess' little bro. He wasnt mentioned as being there as NQ's classmates too

• Like 3

Ep 19-20 

Spoiler

Finally, the 2nd floor trial is starting...  :lol: 

I can't wait to watch the 2nd floor member's interaction with NQ.. because I love it in the book..... :lol:

I think Li Huaiyun's early appearance is because the writer want's us to sympathize and understand Li Yu's struggle... Sigh... watching his action... makes me pity Li Yu even more, because this one is a troublemaker.

Her sentiments of the past is too strong. She's a smart person, but I find that her sentiments weakens and cloud her judgement. In my opinion this is her fatal flaw. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Ep 19-20 

Reveal hidden contents

Finally, the 2nd floor trial is starting...  :lol: 

I can't wait to watch the 2nd floor member's interaction with NQ.. because I love it in the book..... :lol:

I LOVE that part too. And I love it that it seemed that they followed the novel in the part when NQ's friend yelled when NQ said that he was going to participate *LOL* (in the novel, NQ said,"Cant you speak louder???") . Pls cmiiw, coz I dont understand Chinese. And I like it that LQ was walking calmly with full confidence, while others were struggling. 

And why should they make SS going up the mountain as well? To increase her screen time?

Anyway, have u watched the previews for epi 24-26 ? (I forgot). It seemed that they added scenes for NQ and the Xiling, SS-Yan Se. I'm rather disappointed, because I expect to see the story about NQ's calligraphy soon. If they added things, then I hate to wait 1 more week for that part

39 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I think Li Huaiyun's early appearance is because the writer want's us to sympathize and understand Li Yu's struggle... Sigh... watching his action... makes me pity Li Yu even more, because this one is a troublemaker.

Her sentiments of the past is too strong. She's a smart person, but I find that her sentiments weakens and cloud her judgement. In my opinion this is her fatal flaw. 

I honestly pity the Princess. She is smart and has the burden to make his brother as the next Emperor, but that guy is useless. 

• Like 3

@rhaps

Spoiler

Hahaha.... Yeah, "Can't you speak louder?" Chu Youxian line is correct..hahahaha... 

I still think the other academy student is too bland... aside from Chu Youxian . Situ Yilan don't have much personality here too..aside from too much smiling....  but then again, maybe it's because they cut down the part were they ignore/isolated NQ for half a year...  so I don't feel anything about them aside than I want NQ to enter 2nd floor already hahahha... and more Chen Pipi please! :joy: His pout is so adorable!

About SS in the cliff... maybe to build up her closeness with 2nd brother and Chen Pipi? I'm not sure either.

I'm confused as you are when there's a scene about the xiling officer.. haha.. I had to watch the first episode again to catch his name last night hahahaa.... He's Wei Guang Ming's Subordinates I believe. Let's see how it goes.....

Anyway..... this picture confused me... saw this on weibo and is spreading in twitter as we speak.....

Spoiler

I think this SS is Haotian SS........ :ph34r:

I'm curious if this is an additional scene from the writer for NQ's 2nd floor trial... 

DsAqM4OU4AAoCa2.jpg&key=fa2bf45c23de5d32

Anyway....... :wub:

DsArOc7UwAAo41g.jpg

about LQ

Spoiler

I have a lot of thoughts about LQ but it's just hard to put it on words, because he's a complex character for me. We'll see later how the drama is going to further portray his breakdown. I think CM will play a role too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps

Reveal hidden contents

Hahaha.... Yeah, "Can't you speak louder?" Chu Youxian line is correct..hahahaha... 

I still think the other academy student is too bland... aside from Chu Youxian . Situ Yilan don't have much personality here too..aside from too much smiling....  but then again, maybe it's because they cut down the part were they ignore/isolated NQ for half a year...  so I don't feel anything about them aside than I want NQ to enter 2nd floor already hahahha... and more Chen Pipi please! :joy: His pout is so adorable!

About SS in the cliff... maybe to build up her closeness with 2nd brother and Chen Pipi? I'm not sure either.

I'm confused as you are when there's a scene about the xiling officer.. haha.. I had to watch the first episode again to catch his name last night hahahaa.... He's Wei Guang Ming's Subordinates I believe. Let's see how it goes.....

Anyway..... this picture confused me... saw this on weibo and is spreading in twitter as we speak.....

Reveal hidden contents

I think this SS is Haotian SS........ :ph34r:

I'm curious if this is an additional scene from the writer for NQ's 2nd floor trial... 

DsAqM4OU4AAoCa2.jpg&key=fa2bf45c23de5d32

Anyway....... :wub:

DsArOc7UwAAo41g.jpg

I heard that the drama usually had 75 episodes, but they cut things down and ended up with 60 epi instead. I wish they cut the parts of the Princess and his little bro. I'd rather watching LQ and Xiling than them, or more interactions between NQ and his friends, like you said in the spoiler.

I also think that NQ-classmates dynamic in the novel is more interesting than the one in the drama. I'm still okay with Situ Yilan, though. I think she looked the part and her character was passable. The Brothers and Sisters looked better. CPP wasnt like I had in mind, but I think the drama version is better :P . I had never thought that he would be adorable :P

I'm guessing that NQ was kidnapped/captured by those Xiling, because one of the previews showed that he was being chased by masked men. Perhaps he was chased because they were angry after he defeated LQ.

Wow..SS ! Is that part of NQ's hallucination ?? But I'm glad to see her in a dress with girls' styling. I want a make over scene, but the novel doesnt have any ..so this will do :D

And the 2nd pic :

:love::love::love:

Thaaankkss!!!

That should be after the competition. 

But how come NQ still looked fresh? He just got dirty a bit ..*LOL* 

About LQ, I'm still reading the parts that I miss in the novel, so I dont know much about him

If I hadnt read the novel, then I wouldnt guess that he would be the villain later. He looked so noble before he arrived at Chang An.

Btw, CM went back to the Yan kingdom, right?

• LOL 2

9 episodes later...

0b15254efdf3766a73cab8bb3639191b.gif

I think it's illegal to like Ning Que.

Omg..  so young, so mischievous, so innocent and so deadly! 

Episode 6 is indeed an eye opener.

I like this story better.

At least the protagonists are not stupid and annoying unlike *cough* Martial Universe  *cough*.

Leon Lai as the king is a bit weird.

I couldn't recognise him at first until I looked at the characters list.

Ok..back to episode 10 now!

giphy.gif?resize=640,360&ssl=1

Be back after watching all the episodes!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@lynne22 i only hope we have more on NingQue & SangSang and less on others :P

Omfg yessss agreed with you on that. I had to fast foward some part just to watch their part.

• LOL 5

9 minutes ago, pangia said:

Omfg yessss agreed with you on that. I had to fast foward some part just to watch their part.

@UnniSarah gave me a clip just on them......that im so hook on them now :D 

i cant believe SangSang actual age is 25 years old!!! gosh if im to stand besides her i will feel ancient !

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Yes join me in the obessession! Lol! I am glad you are enjoying it with us. I will start the novels soon - just need to finish some work and current series first. 

Edit: sorry mods! Will not do anymore

Edited by stella77
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@UnniSarah gave me a clip just on them......that im so hook on them now :D 

i cant believe SangSang actual age is 25 years old!!! gosh if im to stand besides her i will feel ancient !

And NQ (Chen Feiyu) is only 18 yrs old, but I heard that he is 188 cm tall :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, rhaps said:

And NQ (Chen Feiyu) is only 18 yrs old, but I heard that he is 188 cm tall :P

NO WAY!!!! @@" gosh......its a crime but honestly i dont mind if they became real :D 

• LOL 4