[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually it is a very brief mention....

he said that before they started filming they had been introduce like 1 or 2 months ahead so that they can get use to each other......and to him Song YiRen is sort of a senior to him......

They got lots of time to get to know each other before filming so no wonder they have such comfortable chemistry. Unfortunately SYR and the new actor didn't get the same chance so it will be interesting to see their interactions in comparison.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, raziela said:

They got lots of time to get to know each other  efore filming so no wonder they have such comfortable chemistry. Unfortunately SYR and the new actor didn't get the same chance so it will be interesting to see their interactions in comparison.

That is an advantage that CFY/SYR had. They are so good together.

I can't wait to see Dylan/SYR interacting. I really want them to be great together. NingSang chemistry has to be awesome. Let's hope that charming boy and charming girl = greatness. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Mao Ni praised CFY on yesterday China Literature Award :wub:

https://fx.weico.net/share/53125065.html?weibo_id=4328124026108886

Thanks for sharing.  He's so amusing when he said one important criteria is his main character in his novels must be handsome since he's not.  :w00t:  Just like Chen Fei Yu's portrayal of Ning Que and the other actor (Oops, I couldn't get his name). :lol:

I actually wonder whether Mao Ni was invited as well after Fighter of the Destiny drama was shown in 2017. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dejun said:

Thanks for sharing.  He's so amusing when he said one important criteria is his main character in his novels must be handsome since he's not.  :w00t:  Just like Chen Fei Yu's portrayal of Ning Que as well as the other actor. :lol:

I actually wonder whether Mao Ni was invited as well after Fighter of the Destiny drama was shown in 2017. :unsure:

Thx @dejun for the review, i only understand the word 帅 means handsome, the rest i didnt understand. 

Right now i am still looking for the full version clip of FengTiMo singing "Heart-shaped Universe 心形宇宙" in the event China Literature Award 2018.

• Like 1

Hi, everyone. Lurker here, on my way to completing the series (Around 10 episodes left).

Here are some personal takes on the drama

1. MC, NQ - He has clear objectives, not a reckless person who barges into fights, not OP from the start yet not totally weak. Excellent portrayal considering it is a fresh actor.

2. Female lead, SS - cute, endearing, mysterious background (so much potential for usage but I had to skip the normal daily live scenes).

3. Supporting cast - Lots of memorable ones. MVP - CPP for being such a bro. Unique senior bros & sisters. (really hope that we may learn more about the back stories , kinda reminds me of 8 immortals vibe or smth). Fu Zi is very interesting. I wonder who is 2nd strongest. Master Yanse another nice character. Liked that the Royal family is not the conventional one as well.

4. Rivals & Villains - LQ is nice to hate, so that's a plus for me. Loved Hu Jun's Xia Hou in this.

Things which I would like to see more

'Lead Romance' ?

While both main leads have good chemistry, I found their scenes quite bland. The fact that they dragged NQ & MSS's scenes does not help too. I guess it's not a convincing romance considering SS is very young in the story so I see her more like a lifelong companion which NQ cannot do without. At a certain point, I was kinda fine with NQ with MSS since SS has not explored the world alone, wish she was more independent and meet some new people. I guess that's the story's character so I hope to uncover a 'new' her by reading the light novel.

Fights & Cultivating

So far, the most memorable fight for me was the time, NQ fought alongside Brother Chao. I hope there will be more fight scenes or training stuff. A battle royale with more experts would be nice.

Ever Night

Night is coming keeps reminding me of Game of Thrones, but at this point, I find it kind of vague as to what 'worldwide destruction' can be brought by child of Hades ? I don't really feel the 'impact' of the so called legendary threat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Oh wow!!!! Thanks for the info @epinklyn.  Looks like the pd and the crew has gone in for deep and intricate details for this show.:heart:

Awesome right? They are so focus on the detailed! I believe the budget wasn't small for  this level of detail, and they all are worth it! We can see in drama the weapons really look decent like real one! Maybe someday they can open a movie museum to show these properties to public. I would really love to visit it!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Just realized that NQ is really lucky that the emperor sent him to wilderness before Wei Guang Ming arrived at capital. If they got meet i am pretty sure that NQ will be dead already.

Who will be dead? NQ or WGM? :rolleyes::phew:

• LOL 2

23 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Who will be dead? NQ or WGM? :rolleyes::phew:

NQ definetely, he havent reached see-through level back then, and you see WGM only wave his hand and make those shiny light and everybody going down in seconds :tounge_xd:, but maybe SS will show up and stand before NQ and then WGM see the light from SS's body, and he stops... Yeah i am making my own alternate story if NQ delay or cancel his wilderness trip.

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

NQ definetely, he havent reached see-through level back then, and you see WGM only wave his hand and make those shiny light and everbody going down in seconds :tounge_xd:, but maybe SS will show up and stand before NQ and then WGM see the light from SS's body, and he stops... Yeah i am making my own alternate story if NQ delay or cancel his wilderness trip.

Ha! I was actually thinking of the same thing. There's no way NQ will be able to defend himself against WGM. But it will be interesting if SS appears and WGM sees her light... and I don't think Fu Zi will stay idle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caranita said:

Ha! I was actually thinking of the same thing. There's no way NQ will be able to defend himself against WGM. But it will be interesting if SS appears and WGM sees her light... and I don't think Fu Zi will stay idle. 

Yeah i forgot we have Fu Zi as well, he will help NQ with his wooden stick, although he and eldest bro are so far far away from capital.

2 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@epinklyn To be honest, rather than fighting about son of hades, NQ and WGM will fight about sang sang :joy::joy: I mean NQ is very possessive of her LOL 

Yeah WGM finally realized that to have first disciple before he died is more important than to find child of hades. Yeah but i like your idea, so when WGM's bowl of noodle spoiled, and SS help him by giving him NQ's or hers, WGM follow them and NQ start to jealous of WGM, since WGM keep eyeing on SS (bcos of her light aura). Yeah and WGM willing to work as hand maiden in order to living together with SS, but NQ doesnt want to pay him LOL

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, angelangie said:

u guys are creating your own story lines all of the sudden :D 

however i love you guys ideas :D we need more fight for SangSang :D 

Ahahha i dont know why exactly, but it just written like that, maybe we all have talent in writing yeah? :phew: what a cocky statement after wrote a few lines of alternate story :sweatingbullets:

And more to it, after a while, SS will confused when NQ ask her whom is more important to her, him or WGM, since NQ cant understand WGM that homeless why he so eager to live with them, and NQ tried to ask him to leave after sometimes, but SS wont let him (so in this time everybody still dont know the real indentity of WGM).

• LOL 5