Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie JunMo likes Sang sang more  because she is a bit like him. They both love rules. She loves his geese too. Their personality is very alike and SANG SANG IS NAIVE , KIND and SEEMS LIKE THE TYPE THAT NEEDS PROTECTION FROM PEOPLE WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE. 

I find something very weird. Why didn’t Sang Sang Brive her master killed all

Those people?????? I was confused with the burial of the shifu’s . When he told her what WHM did she shook her heard saying No he didn’t do it??? Then she said he only did it because Ning Que was the song of Hades.

i think so....however on WGM SangSang & NingQue will always be on the opposite stand.....one is the person who causes the massacre of his whole family....that is on his own belief.....XiaoHou might be the person who execute it but it was all on WGM order that it had happen.....SangSang we cant blame her for taking WGM sides because he was there to take care of her when she was left defenseless ...and we can't blame NingQue either for his stand against WGM because of him....he loses everything that he hold dear in his life.....he was left all alone with no one and nothing to lean on.....

u mean why didnt WGM kill the rest? or what? sorry didnt get  your questions lols....

probably however it is nice to see that most of the guys are on SangSang sides :D

• Like 7

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

If i can request a cast change, it would be the actor who played LQ's brother. He looked out of place.... 

And maybe a new hairstyle for LY's brother? 

Btw, who is the character that met LQ on the boat? 

Hahaha if I can request a change, it would be a change from female scriptwriter to male instead. I wanna see an awesome fighting scenes. Not only focusing on talks and romance even though I am dying to see NQ-SS scenes together:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Hahaha if I can request a change, it would be a change from female scriptwriter to male instead. I wanna see an awesome fighting scenes. Not only focusing on talks and romance even though I am dying to see NQ-SS scenes together:D

How about two co- screenwriters, one a women and the other a man?  Now we get romance and action:D

Apart from some issues with the romance and some actions scenes we can agree she did a good job, it’s one of my favourites dramas ever. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, toninha said:

How about two co- screenwriters, one a women and the other a man?  Now we get romance and action:D

Apart from some issues with the romance and some actions scenes we can agree she did a good job, it’s one of my favourites dramas ever. 

good suggestion, we need 2 writers so we can balance some action parts with some romance in between to keep our heart afloat :D 

though like most of you.....i do complain that we have very minimal fighting scenes to fill the bucket

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

This is a great idea 

I saw people asking this too in a different forum :P .. (after all the fiasco that has happened :D )

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@angelangie.... My questions Why didn’t Sang Sang believe that her master gave the order to General Xiao Hou??? 

I don’t blame her because Sang Sang has a big heart? She needs to understand he opened a Pandora Box in the General. After this massacre, he for bolder as the years passed. He started killing when he deemed it necessary because The Tang Empire stood by him no matter wrongnjebhas committed. 

• Like 4

But... The fighting scenes must not only be longer and exciting, the actors must also be able to project to audience that they are the one fighting.

So far, the fights using brawn are executed very well, but there must be improvement fore the fights using qi (what do we call this?). NQ's demon mode shadow are cool, but not those red irises. Red eyeballs would be cooler, i think... 

Is the actor playing LQ remaining for s2?

Had a random thought: If NQ and LQ were aged up by several years, i would love for them to be played by Bai Yu and Zhu Yilong. But then we will need to cast SS aside lol.... Oh my heart:wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie.... My questions Why didn’t Sang Sang believe that her master gave the order to General Xiao Hou??? 

I don’t blame her because Sang Sang has a big heart? She needs to understand he opened a Pandora Box in the General. After this massacre, he for bolder as the years passed. He started killing when he deemed it necessary because The Tang Empire stood by him no matter wrongnjebhas committed. 

probably in her mind she cant link the harmless or almost seemly innocent WGM that she pick up from the street could be someone who order the massacre.....

i mean if we didnt watch it from the beginning and only happy to trip it over WGM at the later parts where SangSang only bump into WGM we couldnt believe it either.....how could such a cute old guy be someone who order a massacre that kill over 100 ppl just because of his belief.....

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dzareth said:

Btw, who is the character that met LQ on the boat? 

@dzareth 

Spoiler

That's Chen Pipi's father, the ZhiShou abbey leader. He's Ye Su's  teacher.  [Ye Ning in the drama]

ZhiShou abbey, has a higher prestige than Xiling, but not as known to the world IIRC.

There's an interesting story about why he can never set foot on dry land as long as Fu zi is alive... I think you would find it interesting later once the novel translation reach that point.... [around ch 700 above till the end, he'll play a major role]

I can't remember why he took LQ as disciple, but IIRC, he think LQ is still of use to him. 

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I think rather that disbelief... it was more about its in the past, and WGM is dead....what else can she do? 

6 hours ago, toninha said:

I don’t know why but I felt that first brother was trying to separate NQ from SS to protect him from something that will happen later, at least thats what I got from the conversation between FZ and first brother when NQ was drunk, thats why the headmaster asked him why he insisted in the marriage if even he knew how important is SS in NQ life. 

Yup, me too... First brother is kind, but he sees the world in a more black and white way... even now.. He has never learn to fight because he doesn't think he needs too. He has a rather naive way on looking at the world. 

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

Right now, I'm only worried about S1 . As long as S1 is fine, then I'm okay. IMHO, if the casts change a lot, then they should just produce another drama instead :P

I think the whole story is not just about shipping the 'right' or 'wrong' ship. It's about the growth of the main characters, that is NQ and SS. People around them help to decide what's best for them, according to their own values. First Bro thinks that MSS is better, because he only views things from NQ-MSS's side, while Second Bro views things from NQ-SS's side (plus he has known them longer too) . They all love their Little Bro and want him to have the best.

Eventhough First Bro has a part of making NQ confuses more , but this is a process that he and SS need to go through, in order for them to grow up. IMHO, there's nothing wrong with NQ liking MSS. He and SS never had a romantic relationship before, and in the drama, SS has once agreed for him to find a wife. MSS is pretty and openly likes and approaches him, while they share a common interest, so which guy wouldnt be tempted by a girl as pretty as her? So, NQ-SS need this to happen, in order to realize what they really need and want.

Agreed. 

6 more episodes :D

• Like 7

@lynne22 That is one of the reasons FuZi treasures him. 

Spoiler

I am starting to feel bad for LQ because he is always being used by outsiders and is never satisfied with what he has . When he finally reaches the ZiShou abbey he finds his to the book of names of power people. He just like other people find it hard to believe that NQ can become powerful.  Even seeing his fighting skills is unbelievable. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

Right now, I'm only worried about S1 . As long as S1 is fine, then I'm okay. IMHO, if the casts change a lot, then they should just produce another drama instead :P

I think the whole story is not just about shipping the 'right' or 'wrong' ship. It's about the growth of the main characters, that is NQ and SS. People around them help to decide what's best for them, according to their own values. First Bro thinks that MSS is better, because he only views things from NQ-MSS's side, while Second Bro views things from NQ-SS's side (plus he has known them longer too) . They all love their Little Bro and want him to have the best.

Eventhough First Bro has a part of making NQ confuses more , but this is a process that he and SS need to go through, in order for them to grow up. IMHO, there's nothing wrong with NQ liking MSS. He and SS never had a romantic relationship before, and in the drama, SS has once agreed for him to find a wife. MSS is pretty and openly likes and approaches him, while they share a common interest, so which guy wouldnt be tempted by a girl as pretty as her? So, NQ-SS need this to happen, in order to realize what they really need and want

@rhapsI was only joking with my comment on the wrong ship part which is why I put lol. Guess I didn't express my thoughts correctly. @epinklyn shared something from the novel regarding 1st brother and Fuzi which made me understand them better. It's clear all care about NQ. Thanks for your opinion.

Yes I do understand the growth characters have to go through. In life we have to go through it as well in order to grow. I've read many books and it's always been about the characters not ship wars. It's about what characters you connect with the most at least with me that is the case. SS, NQ, Pipi, Chao and Jun Mo are my favorite. 

As far as 1st brother goes I'm still on ep 9 so have not seen much of him so I don't care for his character. As I continue to watch the drama and reading the book he will probably grow on me as I said earlier. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

I think rather that disbelief... it was more about its in the past, and WGM is dead....what else can she do? 

true this is also part of the reason why SangSang want it to be rather than pursue it further....what can they do? WGM is dead anyway

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

true this is also part of the reason why SangSang want it to be rather than pursue it further....what can they do? WGM is dead anyway

Thank you both @lynne22 @angelangie Sang Sang is very practical , I understood it in the novel but the drama’s version left a bad taste in my mouth. It is remarkable  how a novel and drama with the same result leave us fans with a two different perception. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Thank you both @lynne22 @angelangie Sang Sang is very practical , I understood it in the novel but the drama’s version left a bad taste in my mouth. It is remarkable  how a novel and drama with the same result leave us fans with a two different perception. 

which is why sometimes i dont read the book just to understand the drama....

i let the drama tell me the story themselves as in this way we can appreciate drama as it is..... :) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i let the drama tell me the story themselves as in this way we can appreciate drama as it is..... :) 

I should have done that . My last drama adapted from a novel was such a disappointment. MU started off on a good note but the male lead never matured which made me lose interest. I did not read MU novel and dropped it in the end. I think next drama adapted from novel, I will avoid reading it while watching the drama. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, angelangie said:

Good thought @angelangie

Well EN is the 1st new wuxia novel that i read when the c-drama adaptation is still airing too LOL. I read Condor Heroes, Proud Wonderer, Handsome Sibling and only some old novels by Gu Long, Jiong Yao etc... I have never had an interest to read new chinese novel after i watch any adaptation wuxia drama, since i read those old novels, and found out that almost all of them were not faithfully adapted.

Oh well, i didnt watched c-drama that many though, i only watched a few of them these couple years. My method to pick c-drama is, watch the trailer, ou it pique my interest (either the cast, the ost, the fighting scenes), then i watch randomly some eps maybe 2-3 eps, if good i will start from the beginning, if not then i drop it. I watched EN trailer from 6 months ago or more? I forgot, and it pique my interest so high! I have patiently waited until oct 31st, and the waiting is worth it LOL!

So Ever Night was the 1st adapted drama that made me really want to know how about the novel? And after read it (jumping-jack method LOL) i found out wowwww, the drama nearly match with book! Maybe now i can try reading new wuxia novels despite they havent/have adapted into c-drama. Maybe after EN drama finish, i'll go read the legend Awakening LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I should have done that . My last drama adapted from a novel was such a disappointment. MU started off on a good note but the male lead never matured which made me lose interest. I did not read MU novel and dropped it in the end. I think next drama adapted from novel, I will avoid reading it while watching the drama. 

lols.....maybe it should happen this way....then we wont go expecting that this scenes should be like this and not like that....and overall it isnt healthy to be honest

12 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Good thought @angelangie

Well EN is the 1st new wuxia novel that i read when the c-drama adaptation is still airing too LOL. I read Condor Heroes, Proud Wonderer, Handsome Sibling and only some old novels by Gu Long, Jiong Yao etc... I have never had an interest to read new chinese novel after i watch any adaptation wuxia drama, since i read those old novels, and found out that almost all of them were not faithfully adapted.

Oh well, i didnt watched c-drama that many though, i only watched a few of them these couple years. My method to pick c-drama is, watch the trailer, ou it pique my interest (either the cast, the ost, the fighting scenes), then i watch randomly some eps maybe 2-3 eps, if good i will start from the beginning, if not then i drop it. I watched EN trailer from 6 months ago or more? I forgot, and it pique my interest so high! I have patiently waited until oct 31st, and the waiting is worth it LOL!

So Ever Night was the 1st adapted drama that made me really want to know how about the novel? And after read it (jumping-jack method LOL) i found out wowwww, the drama nearly match with book! Maybe now i can try reading new wuxia novels despite they havent/have adapted into c-drama. Maybe after EN drama finish, i'll go read the legend Awakening LOL

lols thanks....it had always been this way for me....that is why i stop reading EN ....i only read snip and shot on some of the parts......

however the most complain i have is that the WuXia and the fighting scenes in between the plots is really rare......which kind of disappointing for me since i always love a good fighting flick in between drama to make it all the more interesting

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Good thought @angelangie

I cant believe that the novel that you've read, your interest and reasoning (dont like watching many adaptation because they arent faithful to the novel) etc2 are  more or less the same as mine :P . Your method of picking a drama is also similar *LOL*

In my case, I have to add that , after EN, I'm going to check whether a drama will have a multi season or not. If it is, then I'll wait until the whole thing is finished, because I hate to have multi season dramas with different casts. Legend of Awakening doesnt have any plan for multi season like EN did, although the novel hasnt finished. Yeah, I hope that they'll make a decent ending. 

• LOL 4