[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 hours ago, crackaddict said:

I think some ppl just like MSS and YHY with NQ more because their characters are beautiful. It's an unfortunate amount of ppl who think that only beautiful women are allowed to be legitimate female leads. lol even the characters in the novel are surprised that SS is not pretty at all yet NQ is so devoted to her. Actually, I don't really like the way SYR looks either because she looks like a child to me (despite being 25), but I guess that makes her suitable for the role. Besides, as 3rd sister said, it's not up to any of us to decided whether any of the girls are suitable for NQ, it's his life after all (lol). 

I will say that as independent characters, MSS and YHY are very decent on their own. In regards to girls, NQ is just a typical young man---boys all got a lil playa in them till they grow out of it. 

I binged watched the last 15 or so episodes that I've been putting off. The ending fight scene with Xia Hou was great! That being said it was better in the novel (sorry). I wonder why the scriptwriters downgraded SS's character so much? 

@crackaddict I've read so many comments and yes the only reason they like MSS/YHY better is because they are beautiful. Their argument is SS is ugly and therefore she cannot be the one NQ chooses. It is sad they think that. 

Most of us wonder why SS character was downgraded so much. I really have no clue as to why that is. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

Finally I'm going to watch Ever Night on Viki, was waiting to be complete and since I got a TV for Christmas i don't have to watch it on my iPad lol 

I couldn't help it and watched already all the best parts ( fights and SS/NQ:D) even if it was with no subtitles lol 

Can't seem to forget this drama and my weeks are more sad without it lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, n3bula said:

@crackaddict I've read so many comments and yes the only reason they like MSS/YHY better is because they are beautiful. Their argument is SS is ugly and therefore she cannot be the one NQ chooses. It is sad they think that. 

Most of us wonder why SS character was downgraded so much. I really have no clue as to why that is. 

@crackaddictBecause the auntie (scriptwriter) is biased against SS?! *oooppsssss*

I truly dislike and not interested in discussion about entertainment business world. But, I would raise my comment in  it. For your question, Yes, maybe the agency influenced the production team (incl. Scriptwriter/director) with "something", since it is very obvious that they are trying to promote mss, even after the drama ended. Now, the agency finally get what they wish for!

Believe it or not, I heard Cagencies are often playing dirty. Whenever things related to promoting their actresses/actors, they can go beyond what we can hardly imagine. 

@n3bula saying SYR ugly is the most awful and hateful comment to hear. However, it is indeed I like YHY too. For me, she is the most beautiful among the EN female chacracters. But, too bad, people should suck it up the reality that "even though you are beautiful, but dont think too beautiful":tounge_xd: it doesnt mean, all beautiful female should get what they wished for, like being chosen to be female lead, be chosen as to get attracted by more men, unless those idiot men only interested with "white chicken thights" without considering the value and the inner beauty/quality of that girl.

In fact, as NQ said before, he prefers a girl with a quality than beautiful appearances. That's why he chose SS. Suck it up the reality, whether those opposite shippers like it or not:P

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Hahahhaa :joy: well said @Snow Guardian, thx for reminding! NQ quote indeed! We should applied it well in real life rite? 

"Even though you are beautiful, but dont think too beautiful", yet that quote not only for beautiful men n women, everyone should not think too beautiful aka highly think of something or too much expectation, be carefull we might fall and feel dissapointment. :phew:

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hahahhaa :joy: well said @Snow Guardian, thx for reminding! NQ quote indeed! We should applied it well in real life rite? 

"Even though you are beautiful, but dont think too beautiful", yet that quote not only for beautiful men n women, everyone should not think too beautiful aka highly think of something or too much expectation, be carefull we might fall and feel dissapointment. :phew:

Yeah, better to apply in real life as well. So, dont put too much hope on aunties. We never know what kinda good or chaos stories she gonna bring in season 2:tounge_xd: so, I advise you to wait until the middle of the episodes and read the viewers' comments before you decided whether you wanna watch it or not:joy: who knows the aunties are blinded with those beautiful girls and strong backups and forget about her female lead (SS) and drop leftovers again like in season 1. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

Yeah, better to apply in real life as well. So, dont put too much hope on aunties. We never know what kinda good or chaos stories she gonna bring in season 2:tounge_xd: so, I advise you to wait until the middle of the episodes and read the viewers' comments before you decided whether you wanna watch it or not:joy: who knows the aunties are blinded with those beautiful girls and strong backups and forget about her female lead (SS) and drop leftovers again like in season 1. 

Hahaha pretty agree :joy: the aunties had turned SS become NQ little mommy in the series Our pity Ss! 

• Sad 4

11 hours ago, n3bula said:

It is a pity. SYR should be respected as the lead. I am sure eventually SYR will become very popular she is very talented. 

I agree it's a pity to see SYR as an actress and Sang Sang the character treated this way.  I think Song Yi Ren is very talented and I hope she becomes very popular too.

3 hours ago, toninha said:

Finally I'm going to watch Ever Night on Viki, was waiting to be complete and since I got a TV for Christmas i don't have to watch it on my iPad lol 

I couldn't help it and watched already all the best parts ( fights and SS/NQ:D) even if it was with no subtitles lol 

Can't seem to forget this drama and my weeks are more sad without it lol 

LOL! Congratulations on your Christmas present :D

10 hours ago, n3bula said:

Dylan/Shenyue do have a big fan base but I don't think most of them will be mean to SYR. Dylan fans will support him in everything he does. As for Shen Yue fans they are always having to defend her because she also gets a lot of hate. They call her ugly, fat etc. So them being mean to SYR would be bad.  If Dylan and SYR get along well and they have chemistry they will like her.  As a fan of DyShen and now SYR I will support them in whatever they do. 

I've read about the hate Shen Yue gets so I would hope her fans won't be hypocritical but sometimes fangirls can be so ridiculous.  It is  good you are a nice fan :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

@crackaddictBecause the auntie (scriptwriter) is biased against SS?! *oooppsssss*

I truly dislike and not interested in discussion about entertainment business world. But, I would raise my comment in  it. For your question, Yes, maybe the agency influenced the production team (incl. Scriptwriter/director) with "something", since it is very obvious that they are trying to promote mss, even after the drama ended. Now, the agency finally get what they wish for!

Believe it or not, I heard Cagencies are often playing dirty. Whenever things related to promoting their actresses/actors, they can go beyond that we can hardly imagine. 

@n3bula saying SYR ugly is the most awful and hateful comment to hear. However, it is indeed I like YHY too. For me, she is the most beautiful among the EN female chacracters. But, too bad, people should suck it up the reality that "even though you are beautiful, but dont think too beautiful":tounge_xd: it doesnt mean, all beautiful female should get what they wished for, like being chosen to be female lead, be chosen as to get attracted by more men, unless those idiot men only interested with "white chicken thights" without considering the value and the inner beauty/quality of that girl.

In fact, as NQ said before, he prefers a girl with a quality than beautiful appearances. That's why he chose SS. Suck it up the reality, whether those opposite shippers like it or not:P

@Snow Guardian it is a shame that they play dirty to promote actors/actress. That kind of promotion has a negative effect on me. I'll end up disliking the character. Plus I think the actors should not allow that to happen. If you're talented there is no need for that. Oh well it is what it is. 

Yes those are horrible comments. SYR is charming, talented and pretty. She shines on her own. That NQ is a smart boy he chose the best girl :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, raziela said:

I agree it's a pity to see SYR as an actress and Sang Sang the character treated this way.  I think Song Yi Ren is very talented and I hope she becomes very popular too.

LOL! Congratulations on your Christmas present :D

I've read about the hate Shen Yue gets so I would hope her fans won't be hypocritical but sometimes fangirls can be so ridiculous.  It is  good you are a nice fan :)

@raziela i do think most will be nice. There are a few fans that are over the top but we shall see. I'll make sure to spread love for SYR with the DyShen fandom.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

@raziela i do think most will be nice. There are a few fans that are over the top but we shall see. I'll make sure to spread love for SYR with the DyShen fandom.

I like Shen Yue too just like how I liked SS. I started liking her since I watched A Love So Beautiful even though I dont like the male lead:lol: 

• Like 2

Maybe it is a combination of crazy amount of work after long holiday and having read up the first two volumes of novel. I haven’t been able to watch the final 6 episode yet. Will try to do it this weekend and plan to cope by continuing vol. 3. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

I am wondering how does Arthur act with the other ladies of EN? Does he play around, hit, chase them like he does SYR? Or is it just with her? 

In the interview with both CFY n SYR, SYR being asked about 3 negative things about CFY, SYR said the last one is he like to hit people, CFY stated that he did only to SYR :phew::sweatingbullets::joy:

• LOL 5

30 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

In the interview with both CFY n SYR, SYR being asked about 3 negative things about CFY, SYR said the last one is he like to hit people, CFY stated that he did only to SYR :phew::sweatingbullets::joy:

I still remember when I first watched their interview. Tbh, I didnt see any chemistry between them at that moment. My first impression when I saw CFY, he looked a bit arrogant and indifferent towards SYR. But, along the way, they started to post many behind the scene videos about them and now I realised that CFY indeed acts a bit different only towards SYR. My hormone tells me that it is because she is special to him than the other females in the scene:lol:  he even didnt do those things (play around, acts free spirit and  etc) towards mss. He only acts like that when SYR is around:joy: (like in the videos). I hope they both can maintain their friendships and who knows what the future will bring:tounge_xd:

Try and watch Time Teaches Me To Love. SYR is there as the female lead:D

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

Maybe it is a combination of crazy amount of work after long holiday and having read up the first two volumes of novel. I haven’t been able to watch the final 6 episode yet. Will try to do it this weekend and plan to cope by continuing vol. 3. 

@stella77   How much do you like the novel ?? 

Isn't Mao Ni a brilliant writer.... I love him

• Like 1

I love the novel because  SS character more stronger than in the series It's quite unfair to SYR she's the main character but her story seemed not important and NQ treated SS not as concern as in the novel The scriptwriter had pissed off SS character No matter how much effort SYR had given  in SS character 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, LeeN said:

I love the novel because  SS character more stronger than in the series It's quite unfair to SYR she's the main character but her story seemed not important and NQ treated SS not as concern as in the novel The scriptwriter had pissed off SS character No matter how much effort SYR had given  in SS character 

Now you know the truth about the auntie:triumph:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3