Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Hi guys, 

I am currently reading the webnovel and watch the drama only up to ep 3 ... slow slow slow :sweatingbullets:

But I'm a bit confused on the relationship btw Xiahu and the Empress.. they're brother and sister? From the demon sect? 

So that's why Xiahu killed NQ's whole family because of the pact he made with WGM to kill child of Hades?

I cant remember if I read that part in the novel... :blink: 

Oh, I'm okaaay with spoilers so pls spoil away.. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, penelop3 said:

Hi guys, 

I am currently reading the webnovel and watch the drama only up to ep 3 ... slow slow slow :sweatingbullets:

But I'm a bit confused on the relationship btw Xiahu and the Empress.. they're brother and sister? From the demon sect? 

So that's why Xiahu killed NQ's whole family because of the pact he made with WGM to kill child of Hades?

You think this drama is slow or the web novel? because from what i know the drama is actually faster paced. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Wotad said:

do re watch episode 1 watch until episode 6 ;p 

Something good in between?

• Like 1

@penelop3.... Since I started reading the novel they didn’t mention that part yet or maybe it will be introduced later. I am on chapter 4 now

In the drama they implied Xiahu and The Empress are brothers and sisters but Xiashu and The Empress don’t act like brother and sister. I get so much mixed signals between them. 

https://giphy.com/gifs/see-heavy-aQYR1p8saOQla

So happy new episode will be airing tomorrow @rhaps

Spoiler

I can’t wait to see what happens between MQ and LQ too. :D:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Just watched episode 1

Strangely.. I couldn't get into it.

:confused:

Will rewatch to give it another try.

Oh I hope you will give it a few more episodes na.

• Like 2

@Wotad @stella77 don't worry. I will!

Going to rewatch it without English subs else I'll be distracted reading and catching up what they are saying at the same time.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Something good in between?

Episode 6 is where this drama surprised me ;p

I have watched every new Wuxia and even some old ones and the first like 6 episodes are way better then anything recent . 

Show is easily better then Ashes of Love,MA,Fight breaks sphere but the only difference is that this is less about Romance and more traditional fantasy/wuxia type drama. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Episode 6 is where this drama surprised me ;p

I have watched every new Wuxia and even some old ones and the first like 6 episodes are way better then anything recent . 

Show is easily better then Ashes of Love,MA,Fight breaks sphere but the only difference is that this is less about Romance and more traditional fantasy/wuxia type drama. 

oh thanks.....now u got me eager to go home and start watching :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Hi guys, 

I don’t think they are actual siblings despite how they refer to each other. In the drama, it was implied that they escaped persecution together when younger. 

• Like 5

@stella77  Xiahou ans the Empress confuse me because I don’t know how they truly feel for each other. What amazes me is that the Emperor isn’t jealous of their relationship. That is a first for me to see in a Royal marriage. Pls CMIIW 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

You think this drama is slow or the web novel? because from what i know the drama is actually faster paced. 

I'm reading and watching slow .. because I want to savour the moment. Hahaha.. 

Since translation only up to 500ish something and drama only subbed till 12.5 so I'd rather go slow in both reading and watching. :P

If I finish all, I have to suffer in waiting mode. 

29 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I don’t think they are actual siblings despite how they refer to each other. In the drama, it was implied that they escaped persecution together when younger. 

Yeaah.. that's my impression too. Both from the novel and from early eps. The Empress called him 'brother', it could mean real bro or it could be brother from the same sect. Perhaps Xiahu is the SLS in the triangle Emperor - Empress - Xiahu?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Hi guys, 

@penelop3All your statements above...

Spoiler

are true. Although the novel and drama deliberately make the relationship look suspious at the beginning, they're real brother and sister, no romantic entanglements. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hey all. Silent reader here and just wanted to say how much I'm in love with this drama. I love NQ and SS so much! They are sooo PRECIOUS!

Thought I share a my fanvid with anyone here who love them as much as I do. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Chao Xiaoshu is dreamy! Oh and Elder Brother looks a bit like Cho Seung Woo (Korean actor - Secret Forest, Life, etc).. a bit! 

So, I just finished ep 4 and 5 and the whole demon sect + Hades worshipping + Long Qing and the General.
Now I'm confused. Did I miss this in the book?

Who is planning to kill LQ and what's the deal with the demon sect and LQ? :blink::unsure::wacko:

And the whole LQ killed the tribal leader - tribal leader rose from the 'dead' and attacked the general feels so wrong. :sweatingbullets:

One thing I notice after reading the book how contradictory LQ and NQ are.

Spoiler

LQ looks as if he represents the Light, but his heart and action is 'dark'. 
NQ looks as if he's from the 'dark' but he's actually surrounded by the light. 
I notice this after reading the test for Second Floor. How contrast are LQ and NQ. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Oh and Elder Brother looks a bit like Cho Seung Woo (Korean actor - Secret Forest, Life, etc).. a bit! 

Yes!!!!!

I thought i saw wrongly and I went on a mad hunt to find the name of the actor!

Lol

@Wotad @UnniSarah @stella77

May I know what's the latest episode aired and subbed? I stop reading the thread from page 5 onwards and might restart episode 1 till whatever latest episode I can get.

Want to be sure I'm not saying something I shouldn't after my binge watch.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@mrsj3n  Latesr episode subbed is 12.5.  Latesr raw episode aired is episode 18. I believe not everyone have watched up to episode 12.5.  If you want to discus and not sure if everyone is on the same page just put it in a spoiler tag. :D:D I hope O was helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1