Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Do you mean Hu Jun (General Xia Hao)? I love Hu Jun. He is very manly, cool and charismatic. I dont mind him being a villain here, coz he still looked badass and amazing. 

Regarding SS, I think some viewers have problems because she looked so small and childlike. The problem is, that's how she is in the novel : cute, small, thin(due to the harsh life) and dark (the drama SS is not that dark, I think). IIRC, she is 14-15 yrs old in the beginning parts of the novel (should be season 1) . Yet, in a traditional setting, 16 years should be eligible to get married.

Nice.

The douban rating has been going up and down between 7.2 and 7.1. Last time I checked, it raised again to 7.2

Yeah. He discussed everything with her and shared things with her. And in epi 12 :

Reveal hidden contents

He wanted to bring SS to the party with his friends. Honestly, she was like his wife :P

fight break sphere is 4.9 so above 7 for a wuxia is amazing.  Still underrated compared to Ashes of Love 7.7.. that show had issues.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu @epinklyn  Can you please put this in a quote. 

Go back and click on the edit button. Then copy your comment. Then click on the eye next to color boxes. Thenpaste this comment on the box. Some still haven’t seen this episode yet 

@Wotad I feel you totally chingu. Thanks for posting how viewers are watching this drama. My one wish is that they had filmed the whole drama already. I really hope all the cast come back for season 2.

I think most if not all will come back they did for the eternal love. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, sonicwave said:

I think you're right in number 2.:)

Reveal hidden contents

The phoenix deemed NQ a threat because he used the umbrella in the killing, so it attacked him.

Actually, what I meant with no 2 is ..

Big spoiler ..

Just guessing, though..I've only skimmed through the rest of the novel because the translation is hard to read :P

The bird thought that he was related to the Child of Hades ? 

• Like 2

@Wotad, yeah..above 7 is considered quite good in Douban. I think some people gave low stars because the male lead's acting wasnt very good. Personally, I think his acting is decent and enjoyable. He is 18 yrs old now and only 17 yrs old when he shot this, so it's understandable if his acting needs improvement. I've seen older actors whose acting also needs improvement, or even worse 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@Wotad, yeah..above 7 is considered quite good in Douban. I think some people gave low stars because the male lead's acting wasnt very good. Personally, I think his acting is decent and enjoyable. He is 18 yrs old now and only 17 yrs old when he shot this, so it's understandable if his acting needs improvement. I've seen older actors whose acting also needs improvement, or even worse 

His acting is fine i dont see issues with it .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wotad said:

His acting is fine i dont see issues with it .

It's good enough for me too

• Like 3

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

is this good lols"?

@UnniSarah what is your take on this drama?

@angelangie.... Hi 

Join us here chingu. It is a very very very good drama. It’s so good that it has been renewed for Season 2. Also it has 1 billions viewers on line. I want this thread to be so popular. It has a total of 18 episodes that has aired but in the states only 12 episodes has been air in 

Spoiler

VIKI

I would love you input in this drama . We are all using spoiler tags to prevent any spoiler revealed unless you want to be spoiled. I also met a lot of new ans old Cdrama  fans

would be so happy if you joined us 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@rhaps

Spoiler

No, the bird attacked him because of the umbrella. The bird knows that...

Huge spoiler alert!!!

well, he was not  related to the Child of Hades.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sonicwave said:

@rhaps

Hide contents

No, the bird attacked him because of the umbrella. The bird knows that...

Huge spoiler alert!!!

well, he was not  related to the Child of Hades.

Ah ok ...because :

another big spoiler

in the novel, the umbrella was fighting with the Bird..and NQ was unconscious *pls cmiiw*

But in the drama, the umbrella was 'only' protecting NQ, after he used it to protect himself

it made me wondering whether the bird could sense that he was closed to the Child of Hades or not ..or was it because he was bringing the umbrella along with him?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

I think in the earlier eps, his acting is a bit lacking and awkward, but from eps 9-10 onward, his acting greatly improved.

Most series shot out of order, so I don't know the reason for it. It was just my two cents.

I had more problems with LQ and most of the Xiling characters' acting (except WGM, YHY, Chen Lixue). Sometimes it's really bad.

The initial low score was also partly due to the awkward Xiling scenes that weren't  in the novel, and the plot change of NQ's first revenge assassination.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, rhaps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok ...because :

another big spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

in the novel, the umbrella was fighting with the Bird..and NQ was unconscious *pls cmiiw*

But in the drama, the umbrella was 'only' protecting NQ, after he used it to protect himself

it made me wondering whether the bird could sense that he was closed to the Child of Hades or not ..or was it because he was bringing the umbrella along with him?

@rhaps

Spoiler

Spoiler

remember Sang Sang insisted Ning Que take the umbrella. Also remember Sang Sang always carries the umbrella around. So we can all figure out who is the child of Hades. The Priest and everyone assume the Child of Hades is a boy , that is why in the first Kill he said Son of Hades.  What do you think? 

I got confused in episode 12 when the general said Son of Hades meant General Xia Hao. I will be rewatching these episodes again. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, rhaps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok ...because :

another big spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The novel is a bit unclear, but from my point, in the book the umbrella also didn't actively fight the bird, it's mostly protecting NQ. The bird attacked him not because it sensed that he was close to the Child of Hades,  but because he was bringing the umbrella along with him.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@rhaps

Spoiler

Hide contents

remember Sang Sang insisted Ning Que take the umbrella. Also remember Sang Sang always carries the umbrella around. So we can all figure out who is the child of Hades. The Priest and everyone assume the Child of Hades is a boy , that is why in the first Kill he said Son of Hades.  What do you think? 

I got confused in episode 12 when the general said Son of Hades meant General Xia Hao. I will be rewatching these episodes again. 

Yeah..people thought that it was a boy. 

Regarding SS asking him to bring it along , she also doesnt know what it is. All they know is the umbrella can protect them against weapons and even magic. In epi 2, it protected them from explotion (grenade, in the novel)

I dont remember that part in epi 12. Will have to rewatch it.

21 minutes ago, sonicwave said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The novel is a bit unclear, but from my point, in the book the umbrella also didn't actively fight the bird, it's mostly protecting NQ. The bird attacked him not because it sensed that he was close to the Child of Hades,  but because he was bringing the umbrella along with him.

Ok thanks!

• Like 2

At the beginning of drama I was quite confused. Between the Emperor and his brother who is older? @rhaps The subs in the drama has gotten me so confused

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@stella77  Yes Chingu   

Reveal hidden contents

He did erase the memoru of the Prince Uncle. But did you notice THe Prince envisioned killing his brother and then he tried to kill in real life. That particular scene made me wonder if the Priest of light ( old man in White) planted that memory just show the General (son of Hades) his words in protecting him and the Empress. By having her secret revealed and covering it up so that the General  Xia Shou would defenitely Kill Lin Guang Yuan [Xuanwei General] and his entire household.  I think he manipulated this entire incident due to his faith of demon child residing in that area..  

W

What do you guys think? @Wotad @lynne22 @rhaps ??

@UnniSarah @stella77

about ep 12 special 

Spoiler

I had the same tought when I watch this, I thought WGM did erase Li Peiyan memories.

But.... in future episode I saw, if I remember correctly around ep16/17/ Li Peiyan actually do remember.. he just didn't understand it at the time... 

@angelangie :wub: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@UnniSarah lols i be crazy soon lols.....im following 2 kdrama at this moment and if i add this into my list on top of eternal love 2 i guess this will make it 4? 

lols but i think i will join both you and @lynne22

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

At the beginning of drama I was quite confused. Between the Emperor and his brother who is older? @rhaps The subs in the drama has gotten me so confused

The Emperor.., I think? Pls cmiiw ..IIRC, the Grand Prince called him Big Brother in the earlier episode

• Like 3

@angelangie LoL..... I can only watch 1 drama at  a time.. This is a decent adaptation,, better than other cultivation book to drama adaptation that has came out in recent years.... 

The source material, Jiang Ye won award when it came out in 2011. It's that good!  So far with changes here and there, the story still kept the heart of the source material so I think this is still a decent and acceptable adaptation. 

@sonicwave I think the violence in the drama and how ruthless NQ can kill is toned down. My guess is there's a regulation/limitation about the it.... :( for me I just have to accept it... haha.. even if I wish I can see it on camera. I think Chen Fei Yu can act the ruthless and cold part. 

@rhaps 

Spoiler

Sooo... after skimming the book have you found other OTP? hehehehehhehe.... I think you already know about Chen Pipi's.  But, aside from him, there's two that shock me.. LoL.... the author wrote it so subtlety.

Yeah, I think the Emperor is older. 

So.... ehhh..... another sweet spoiler that seems to be not shown in that super sweet video in page 6..:wub:

Spoiler

005EtS0mly1fx6ecqgey1j30hr2hxaf4.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Hide contents

Sooo... after skimming the book have you found other OTP? hehehehehhehe.... I think you already know about Chen Pipi's.  But, aside from him, there's two that shock me.. LoL.... the author wrote it so subtlety.

Yeah, I think the Emperor is older. 

Yesss..but I found several of them even before I skimmed the crazy translations *lol .. I took a sick leave yesterday and read them , and I didnt feel any better* . 
The other OTPs are: CPP and that Tang girl, and his 1st (?) Bro and the 3rd or 4th sister, right ? Hahaha . Wait, is there another one? Well..It seemed to be, but I cant remember. Is it Chao Xiaoshu?

And, seriously, people said that the novel had a happy ending...but I didnt understand, hahahahahha. Was that a happy ending or what? I thought that I had used to read translations from Google, but I couldnt understand *LOL*

Anyway, from the bits of pieces that I can understand , it seemed that season 2 would be sad and touching, wasnt it? Pls cmiiw. The love between NQ and SS was really strong, esp NQ. It seemed that he was the one who suffered more, because he had to go against the people that he cared about / cared for him. 

Werent you the one who said that NQ was like YG in the Return of Condor Heroes? I agree. He really loves SS and protects her.

Yeah, I think Chen Feiyu is good with fighting scenes + being ruthless. Then again, I'm actually glad that they toned them the ruthlesness. And, I like his charm, with a hint of arrogance and youth/teenager vibe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@lynne22, I just saw the pics in your spoiler tag.

:love:

That didnt happen in the novel, right? But I'm okay with the addition *LOL*. IIRC, NQ only took over the umbrella that she held :P . Usually, she was always the one who helds it for them 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2