[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

50 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah .. there are a lot of complaints on SS and (of course) the scriptwriter :D .. and the director too

Some novel readers hate SS because they don't like the concept of marrying the child that you've found. Some others hate her because :

Hide contents

The events that will happen in the future story. SS will do something really bad, and they hate her for that. They prefer to have a female lead like MSS.

LOL, I dont mind if they are complaining about the aunts. But, why is SS not suitable to be the main lead? Is it because she is too cute and looks more innocent than MSS, therefore, they think she wasnt 'click' with the cruel character/personality???:joy: 

Its still a bit funny to think that they hate SS only because she would do something bad in the future.. Its Mao Ni's ideas, he is the author, not SYR:D but, in the past, when I was reading about what SS has became, I also quite disappointed and had a thought of  dislike her because

Spoiler

she doesnt look likes SS at all

(I had started reading the novel before watching the drama). However, surprisingly, after I saw SYR on the screen and I have started to like her since then. And my perspectives about "SS" also changed. I really hope SYR can continue playing her roles in season 2.   

However, for hating an idea of marrying the child that NQ found maybe a bit ridiculous for some poeple and I can understand that. Well, its a drama. If I were them, and I found the drama doesnt suit my taste, I will stop watching it and switch to another drama, LOL.

I like Guardian drama so much but I stopped watching the drama on episode 2 for some reasons....  :tears: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Basically, there are 2 types of dislikes: they don't like SS in the novel, and they don't like SS's portrayal in the drama. The first one is because of the original story itself , while the 2nd one is because of the drama adaptation ( like they prefer stronger SS and less crying), which is  related to the script and directing.

Well, you know, people have different tastes. I also don't like Guardian, have tried watching it :)

TRUE!

I also dislike the scene in the drama where SS was look like a weak girl and crying desperately for NQ to come to pick her up:D However, whether she is a weak SS or strong SS, as long as its SYR, I would still like her (I quoted from NQ), LOLS:joy:

Wow, you also dont like Guardian?? I heard this drama is quite popular and many people like it:o

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

These fans are plain spiteful for ridiculous reasons. Dont bother w/ these kinds of fans that care for unnecessary ship wars & shallow things.

EN is a detailed show & theres so much to discuss about. If all they cared about is romance/ships only, then they will be sorely disappointed. I can pretty much talk about anything of EN thats not just romance/ships.

You are right! I WANNA SEE AWESOME FIGHTING SCENES SOOOO MUCHHHH....:bawling: but I am afraid to put a high hope in it since they are aunts....:bawling:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

This forum is team Sang Sang but we love all the female who likes Ning Que except for the Princess.

Honey, never ever make a statement claiming to represent everyone in the forum. Even on assumption. What's wrong with liking the princess? Or any other character that has not-so-honourable intents towards NQ for that matter? Some people might like an impossible 'ship'', so this statement is offensive to them. If we don't meet eye to eye, then just agree to disagree. Let the discussion be a healthy one. If it is going to be partial, it is better to have a specific forum for that.

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

in this forum we allow opinions to flow freely.....u can ship and u can criticize SangSang to your heart fill :) as honestly it just a matter of opinions.....

Exactly @angelangie, you have that point right.

@rhaps, totally understandable you didn't like Guardian. From a production standpoint, that drama was an absolute mess! But by God they were very, very lucky to score those amazing leads!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

I really don't like those That that criticize actresses and actors saying they are ugly. Have they ever looked in the mirror themselves? Do they look like goddesses or something? It's honestly so rude! Can't imagine how it would feel for SYR to read those rude comments if she ever came across them! I really think SYR has a refreshing look and is cute and pretty at the same time :wub:

I agree and the appearance of Sang Sang is supposed to be very plain with limp discoloured hair, dark sun damaged skin, skinny, small and frail but NQ loves her anyway ^_^ I'm glad they didn't cast some drop dead gorgeous actress with long flowing locks to play SS.  You can tell they underplayed Song Yi Ren's looks because she is actually very pretty and cute in real life but they made her look more plain for the drama which is accurate to the character and the type of hard life they have been living.

22 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Honey, never ever make a statement claiming to represent everyone in the forum. Even on assumption. What's wrong with liking the princess? Or any other character that has not-so-honourable intents towards NQ for that matter? Some people might like an impossible 'ship'', so this statement is offensive to them. If we don't meet eye to eye, then just agree to disagree. Let the discussion be a healthy one. If it is going to be partial, it is better to have a specific forum for that.

Agreed. We don't want to make people who have different opinions or are fans of the Princess :P feel unwelcome. I think a few of us have even said we find the Princess intriguing, interesting even if we aren't necessarily fans.  incidentally the actress who plays the Princess is having a good month.  She is also in the  drama Like a Flowing River which is airing in China at the moment and is also a big hit!

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I dont know about viki forum, but i wont use my energy to debate on those kind discussion. I watch EN as a refreshing and become my beautiful imaginary world, i wont ruined it though :P

Here is the preview collage from last 6 eps. I wonder whom CPP meet, and who is sitting in the cave, is he KHR? Maybe someone can help translating this, thank you in advance.

Thanks for the collage and so cute they used Christmas colours.  Lots to look forward to in these episodes!:w00t: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@raziela Like A Flowing River. Is it good?:o

I haven't watched it but it's getting very positive reactions and high viewing figures on TV and online.  It even beat Ever Night down to number 2 this week for web rankings although Ever Night is still doing very well.  Here is the Drama Panda ranking update: http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/12/c-drama-ratings-and-celeb-rankings-week_24.html

The Story of Ming Lan is also out this week so there is going to be even more competition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@raziela Like A Flowing River. Is it good?:o

Ive seen the first few episodes. One of the drama I was planning to watch after EN. So far, it's watchable, I like the story. The actress who plays the princess is much better here because shes given much more to do in terms of acting.

LAFR is a human/slice of life kind of drama that focuses on the shift in economical/political change in the late 1970's from the perspective of multiple characters. Its a bit on the heavier side interms of storytelling w/relatable characters.

I like the lead character/actor. The actress who plays the princess in EN also plays an older sister here, & her relationship w/her brother, who's the lead character in LAFR, is very endearing, much moreso than in EN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I must be too old like Gu Gu Bai Qian because these ship discussions just do nothing for me lol - I am so over it but please continue to discuss - I just skip skip.

For me, I don’t want a drama to be only about ‘love’ between the main leads or side characters. Yes, it is an important part of a story but life has more interesting stories when touching upon other types: friendship, loyalty, survival and so on...:

I am also not a fan of nitpicking that a drama must follow the novel to 100% and everything be perfect etc. I believe that this series is one of the most honest to the books adaptations I have seen. It has been an absolute treasure to watch. I can’t believe season one will end soon and so I will continue to read the novels - volume 20 was just released here.

Sad to see many people making terrible ‘ugly’ comments re SS and SYR. To me she has her own unique, natural beauty and I was so happy that producers just didn’t cast someone that meets the shallow beauty criteria at the expense of acting skills or being true to SS’s characteristics. 

Ok back to my Christmas wine and hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holidays. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

You are right! I WANNA SEE AWESOME FIGHTING SCENES SOOOO MUCHHHH....:bawling: but I am afraid to put a high hope in it since they are aunts....:bawling:

At this point, I want to see NQ/SS character growth/development as individuals & a bit more cultivation aspect. I like seeing progress & process in characters. After 40 episodes into the series, the character development so far feels a bit stagnant for both NQ/SS.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I must be too old like Gu Gu Bai Qian because these ship discussions just do nothing for me lol - I am so over it but please continue to discuss - I just skip skip.

For me, I don’t want a drama to be only about ‘love’ between the main leads or side characters. Yes, it is an important part of a story but life has more interesting stories when touching upon other types: friendship, loyalty, survival and so on...:

I am also not a fan of nitpicking that a drama must follow the novel to 100% and everything be perfect etc. I believe that this series is one of the most honest to the books adaptations I have seen. It has been an absolute treasure to watch. I can’t believe season one will end soon and so I will continue to read the novels - volume 20 was just released here.

Sad to see many people making terrible ‘ugly’ comments re SS and SYR. To me she has her own unique, natural beauty and I was so happy that producers just didn’t cast someone that meets the shallow beauty criteria at the expense of acting skills or being true to SS’s characteristics. 

Ok back to my Christmas wine and hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holidays. 

Which  book that you are reading. I finished the 18th one in Thai and really enjoy it. Hopefully the translation pace can be quicker. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

At this point, I want to see NQ/SS character growth/development as individuals & a bit more cultivation aspect. I like seeing progress & process in characters. After 40 episodes into the series, the character development so far feels a bit stagnant for both.

I agree they should show more of their individual growth. I would like to see SS showing her lighting skills etc. Hope s2 focuses more on that. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I agree they should show more of their individual growth. I would like to see SS showing her lighting skills etc. Hope s2 focuses more on that. 

There is growth but the execution doesnt feel organic as it should be. NQ is learning/gaining abilities to abruptly when it should be shown as a steady progress/process. The development feels like exposition. Same w/SS. Its a few of nitpicks I have about EN, but I am still enjoying the show. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Ive seen the first few episodes. One of the drama I was planning to watch after EN. So far, it's watchable, I like the story. The actress who plays the princess is much better here because shes given much more to do in terms of acting.

LAFR is a human/slice of life kind of drama that focuses on the shift in economical/political change in the late 1970's from the perspective of multiple characters. Its a bit on the heavier side interms of storytelling w/relatable characters.

I like the lead character/actor. The actress who plays the princess in EN also plays an older sister here, & her relationship w/her brother, who's the lead character in LAFR, is very endearing, much moreso than in EN.

I also have been thinking to watch this drama after EN ended this week:D

@raziela thanks for the information chingu! I am getting curious about this drama:D

Comrades, its today!:heart:

• Like 2

Happy Evernight day guys :wub:

Some updates from EN weibo... 

First, the scene that we've been waiting for! :wub:

006AUUKhly1fyj356iorfj318z0u04qq.jpg

Spoiler

DvTxJBjVAAApMIs.jpg

DvTxKXPUcAA2_UQ.jpg

DvTxLrSVYAExKnT.jpg

And the sibling duo.....

One that I love, Ye Hong Yu...

DvTxauCUUAAzQTt.jpg

And one that  I dislike, Ye su/Ye Ning in the drama

DvTxb0eU0AYOdJK.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Can't wait to know what happens in these two episodes. I'm counting on you guys to give me details of what happened. You guys are my number one source so thank you :)

NingSang's first kiss :wub:. Yay!

@UnniSarah chinguuuuu,, ready for the party today??? Make sure you dont miss out again:joy:

@n3bula me too. I am waiting for all comrades's reviews later:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 5:31 AM, stucked said:

I'm still catching up with the pages so go on and discuss and spoil us more. :) By the way, where is @thartie <---my spirit animal LOL. 

@stucked Baby I'm preying with you tonight, hunts you down eat you alive, just like Animal, animal, oh ohhhh.

Hahahaha. I missed you too buddy! 

I got stucked reading the novel. Lol.

Spoiler

But I'm telling you, The 2nd part of the novel has sooooooo many kissing scene! Lol. And all was initiated by NQ! And there are some rated PG scene too. Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

I also have been thinking to watch this drama after EN ended this week:D

@raziela thanks for the information chingu! I am getting curious about this drama:D

Comrades, its today!:heart:

Youre welcome.

I wanted something to watch since EN ends this week & next week on Viki. LAFR is on Viki so I gave it a try. 

EN is the 2nd cdrama Ive watched & theres alot of different variety of cdramas out there, which is cool. Im more familiar w/kdrama but Ive gotten bored of it since most of the shows this past fall/winter arent 

interesting.

EN has been really fun to watch. I dont think Im going to experience another drama w/this level of detail

/storytelling. This is the first thread Ive ever engaged w/ & its been neat discussing w/everyone here.

I might give the webnovel a read too.

• Like 3