[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

8 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@carbonara

Hide contents

After he broke up with MSS and read her's letter, he didnt regret it at all with his decisions. In fact, after reading it, he threw the letter into a bin and its SS who picked up the letter and keeps the letter in the box for NQ. 

this is interesting, this is the novel? i'm curious to see what happens in the drama

34 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Time to read the webnovel and you will understand more about their feelings toward each other and their emotional connection:D Yes, many people do agreed to some extent that the drama failed to portray the true meanings of NQ-SS's relationships and how important they are to each other. The scriptwriter added so many unecessary scenes of NQ-MSS with an intention to draw more shippers on them (for non-book readers). While, for book readers, most of them dont buy it (NQ-MSS's relationships) because they already knew what is going inside the book:D      

i just might! someone also mentioned in this thread they are shamefully promoting the actor who plays MSS... i wonder if that has something to do with it. but regardless, MSS' character in the drama is aside from being beautiful, virtuous and kind, so i was suprised so many people were against her.

Edited by carbonara
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Time to read the webnovel and you will understand more about their feelings toward each other and their emotional connection:D Yes, many people do agreed to some extent that the drama failed to portray the true meanings of NQ-SS's relationships and how important they are to each other. The scriptwriter added so many unecessary scenes of NQ-MSS with an intention to draw more shippers on them (for non-book readers). While, for book readers, most of them dont buy it (NQ-MSS's relationships) because they already knew what is going inside the book:D      

Im not a webnovel reader but Ive seen it mentioned several times here that the webnovel heavily emphazise SS's importance to NQ viceversa & the romance between NQ/SS plays out much better than the drama. It sounds like a coming of age/epic romance that unfolds.

When I was fairly new into the drama, I was curious how the romance would be executed. I tend to shy away from romance in anything 'cus most romance are shallow or written badly.

Im all for romance that is written well w/alot of depth & dynamics & w/consistency between two main characters. The webnovel seems to align w/this more than the drama so Im might give the webnovel a read when EN(drama) finishes. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im not a webnovel reader but Ive seen it mentioned several times here that the webnovel heavily emphazise SS's importance to NQ viceversa & the romance between NQ/SS plays out much better than the drama. It sounds like a coming of age/epic romance that unfolds.

When I was fairly new into the drama, I was curious how the romance would be executed. I tend to shy away from romance in anything 'cus most romance are shallow or written badly.

Im all for romance that is written well w/alot of depth & dynamics & w/consistency between two main characters. The webnovel seems to align w/this than the drama so Im might give the webnovel a read when EN(drama) finishes. 

Yo, yo, chingu, go for it!!!:D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@rhaps @lynne22 @epinklyn @angelangie @raziela @toninha @greenwatch08 @stella77 @ningsangcpp @Cheng Chao

Have you all ever wondered what if we all joining Viki's discussion at the same time? Will they shoot us with NQ's Thirteen arrows???:joy: :joy:

@Snow Guardian Now Now we should let them have their space to talk about MSS, after all it will only be fair. Isay this because some people do take cdrama's very seriously. lol  It could be fun but some do go overboard . @greenwatch08  Very true , some romance stories in cdrama are well written but there are times where the romance is so EPIC.   I recomment Here to Heart, ( the romance there was EPIC... I made lots of GIF that showed the chemistry between the leads..... 

• LOL 2

16 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you for taking one for the forum team and responding @Snow Guardian @toninha @rhaps @greenwatch08@angelangie

I really am so tired of the unnecessary mess the drama created with MSS.  Slow claps to the people on the Ever Night production team who sanctioned this and thought it was such a great idea thinking they knew better than the novel writer. Sloooooooow claps

You always successfully made me laugh with your moving pictures. They are funny!:joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, carbonara said:

hello

i thought it was funny a few of you talked about how XH and the empress acted like more than siblings. well imo NQ and SS act exactly like siblings!!!!! i had never felt any romantic chemistry at all, which is why i am so suprised at where we are now. one of the reviewers on viki mentioned that in the books it is not this way however, and you can actually tell they might have feelings for one another. so i guess the drama just did a bad job...

SS' temper tantrum also made me like her less. i feel so bad for MSS :(((( on top of that SS saved NQs life with the heavenly pill (NQ was somehow so suprised when pipi told him she forcefully took the pill), but MSS saved NQ's life at least twice. on top of that MSS's friend died saving NQ as well. i thought it was kind of weird they didn't really mention that, and it didn't seem like NQ was sorry about it, etc.

also i found out CFY is the son of chen kaige, who is one of my favorite filmmakers.

For me NQ and SS act like old married couple since the beginning. He works outside to feed them and give all the money he had earn to his ' wife' SangSang. She manage the household and take care of all housework including th e buddget. He take care of her sickness, protect her from any harm. He act like the leader of the house for other to see but consult her at everything including his plan to kill people. Both of them share each other their bad sides not only the beautiful sides of themselves.

They bypass the romantic crush stage but was already in the mode of old married couple stage. Their love for each other is therfore more solid and will not easily waver.

May be the younger audience view romantic love differntly and expect more lust into it.

As an older person, I would say that NQ and SS relationship is very romantic and realistic.

If I get married I would hope for the relatinship as NQ and SS not like between NQ and MSS.

The relationship like NQ and MSS can be wane off in a few years if they not develop more dept into it.

The relationship between NQ and SS can withstand for the life time.

• Like 9

Just now, Snow Guardian said:

You always successfully made me laugh with your moving pictures. They are funny!:joy:

Thanks!  I have to give the credit to giphy for making finding the appropriate gifs so easy hahaha :sweat_smile:

P.S. Please delete the quoted pictures in your post or the thread might get in trouble :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@rhaps @lynne22 @epinklyn @angelangie @raziela @toninha @greenwatch08 @stella77 @ningsangcpp @Cheng Chao

Have you all ever wondered what if we all joining Viki's discussion at the same time? Will they shoot us with NQ's Thirteen arrows???:joy: :joy:

They will definitely shoot but team SS has the umbrella so they won't succeed :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Just now, mei2018 said:

For me NQ and SS act like old married couple since the beginning. He works outside to feed them and give all the money he had earn to his ' wife' SangSang. She manage the household and take care of all housework including th e buddget. He take care of her sickness, protect her from any harm. He act like the leader of the house for other to see but consult her at everything including his plan to kill people. Both of them share each other their bad sides not only the beautiful sides of themselves.

IMHO these are common things when it comes to siblings that grow up together without parents, especially when it involves an older brother and a younger sister. in addition to this there was another guy growing up with them, although i'm unsure/forget if they ever mentioned (in the drama) when he set off on his own.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

They bypass the romantic crush stage but was already in the mode of old married couple stage. Their love for each other is therfore more solid and will not easily waver.

May be the younger audience view romantic love differntly and expect more lust into it.

As an older person, I would say that NQ and SS relationship is very romantic and realistic.

If I get married I would hope for the relatinship as NQ and SS not like between NQ and MSS.

The relationship like NQ and MSS can be wane off in a few years if they not develop more dept into it.

Wellll said @mei2018..... That is what I got from NingSang from the very beginning of the drama. She bathes him,  she calls him young master. THat is not the sibling way at all. They plan out his murder, she does the research and and also create a map to get to his destination, she makes sure his weapons are sharp. They tell each other everything and they sleep in the same bed together. SO NOT Sibling like. 

I never do research on a drama. I just watch the drama and I am hooked , I am hooked.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

For me NQ and SS act like old married couple since the beginning. He works outside to feed them and give all the money he had earn to his ' wife' SangSang. She manage the household and take care of all housework including the buddget. He take care of her sickness, protect her from any harm. He act like the leader of the house for other to see but consult her at everything including his plan to kill people. Both of them share each other their bad sides not only the beautiful sides of themselves.

If I get married I would hope for the relationship as NQ and SS not like between NQ and MSS.

@mei2018 100% agreed! Especially the last part.

I think the problem is... the relationship between NQ-SS doesn't really conform with depiction of romance in drama these days... that's why there are some that finds it weird..... 

But tbh, for me NQ-SS transition from family to romance is very realistic to happen even in today's life... people that are living in the same community often times got together eventually. 

@Snow Guardian :joy: 

• Like 4

I found the Perfect song for Ning Sang 

Wicked Game  by Chris Isaak    Go here to listen 

[Verse 1]
The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

[Chorus]
No, I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart) with you
With you
(This world is only gonna break your heart)

[Verse 2]
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you and

[Chorus]
I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart)
With you

[Interlude]

[Verse 3]
The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

[Chorus]
No, I don't want to fall in love (This world is only gonna break your heart) with you
With you

No, I... (This world is only gonna break your heart)

[Outro]
Nobody loves no one

I found another song   check it here.

Mariah Carey – We Belong Together Lyrics

(Ooh, ooh, sweet love, yeah)

I didn't mean it when I said I didn't love you so
I should have held on tight I never shoulda let you go
I didn't know nothing I was stupid, I was foolish
I was lying to myself

I could not fathom that I would ever be without your love
Never imagined I'd be sitting here beside myself
'Cause I didn't know you, 'cause I didn't know me
But I thought I knew everything
I'd never fail

The feeling that I'm feeling now that I don't hear your voice
Or have your touch and kiss your lips 'cause I don't have a choice
Oh, what I wouldn't give to have you lying by my side
Right here, 'cause baby
(We belong together)

When you left I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby, please
'Cause we belong together

Who else am I gon' lean on when times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone 'till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place there ain't nobody there
Oh, baby baby, we belong together

I can't sleep at night when you are on my mind
Bobby Womack's on the radio saying to me:
"If you think you're lonely now"
Wait a minute this is too deep (too deep)
I gotta change the station so I turn the dial
Trying to catch a break and then I hear baby face
I only think of you and it's breaking my heart
I'm trying to keep it together but I'm falling apart

I'm feeling all out of my element
I'm throwing things, crying
Trying to figure out where the hell I went wrong
The pain reflected in this song it ain't even half of what
I'm feeling inside
I need you, need you back in my life, baby
(We belong together)

Come back baby, please

Who else am I gon' lean on when times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone 'til the sun comes up
Oh, baby baby, we belong together, baby!

Come back baby, please

Who I'm gonna lean on when times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me 'til the sun comes up
Oh, baby baby, we belong together

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Snow Guardian Now Now we should let them have their space to talk about MSS, after all it will only be fair. Isay this because some people do take cdrama's very seriously. lol  It could be fun but some do go overboard . @greenwatch08  Very true , some romance stories in cdrama are well written but there are times where the romance is so EPIC.   I recomment Here to Heart, ( the romance there was EPIC... I made lots of GIF that showed the chemistry between the leads..... 

True. When I read Viki's discussions yesterday, I was quite enjoyed with their arguments:joy: some of them did take the drama seriously:D and when I read those comments about mss, I was stunned and speechless. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, carbonara said:

IMHO these are common things when it comes to siblings that grow up together without parents, especially when it involves an older brother and a younger sister. in addition to this there was another guy growing up with them, although i'm unsure/forget if they ever mentioned (in the drama) when he set off on his own.

There is no other guy with them. NQ friend depart very early. They was pick up initially by an abusive guy. NQ protect SS and they both killed that guy. This was not shown in the drama. Anyway, they were like sibling but also like old married couple. Since they both know that they are not sibling so the romantic feeling that slowly growing is not out of place at all. Infact it is very realistic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Our x-mas present, the bts for the last scene, NingSang together wandering the world. CFY is strong wkwkwk he can lift SY in his right hand, and bring umbrella in left hand :wub:

https://fx.weico.net/share/49973362.html?weibo_id=4321084981162036

52 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

I know right? All those training sure works out in the end :lol:

And....................... lets not forget :love:

I really enjoy their easy chemistry with each other in the BTS ..... :lol:

CFY is so strong.  Their BTS are so fun!  They have such great interactions and chemistry ^_^

46 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Hi guys. Found this and wanted to share it with you all. I'm ready to watch the last episodes and at the same time don't want it to end. 

Thanks for posting.  I'm ready for the emotion, angst and tears :bawling: 

24 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

Well-said!  Their romantic relationship even happens in reverse.  They already went straight to the long time married life but it's only when they recognise their feelings that they also get to have the courtship stage.  It is also partly due to their lifestyle as well.  They are just living to survive until the move to the capital city and their circumstances improve so they can even consider things like romance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they bickers lols....and some of them write in languages that i posted into google translator that you know somehow make alot of too much senses for my poor brain :x 

Reallyyy???? I guess, maybe a lot of people are actually visited our forums here... maybe:D

• Like 1