[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

5 hours ago, n3bula said:

Can some one explain the difference between the sisters from the academy (3rd and 7th) from the maniac girls? 

I'm hoping somewhere down the line they show SS with her powers. Would be great to see her a an awesome fighter. Wonder why NQ never taught her martial arts? Although a fighter or not SS is still my favorite female character. 

I still don't understand what makes the Maniac girls special.  Seems like they are just pretty girls who have an obsession in a particular area.

I think NQ never taught SS martial arts because she was so small and had poor health.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, carbonara said:

hello

i thought it was funny a few of you talked about how XH and the empress acted like more than siblings. well imo NQ and SS act exactly like siblings!!!!! i had never felt any romantic chemistry at all, which is why i am so suprised at where we are now. one of the reviewers on viki mentioned that in the books it is not this way however, and you can actually tell they might have feelings for one another. so i guess the drama just did a bad job...

SS' temper tantrum also made me like her less. i feel so bad for MSS :(((( on top of that SS saved NQs life with the heavenly pill (NQ was somehow so suprised when pipi told him she forcefully took the pill), but MSS saved NQ's life at least twice. on top of that MSS's friend died saving NQ as well. i thought it was kind of weird they didn't really mention that, and it didn't seem like NQ was sorry about it, etc.

also i found out CFY is the son of chen kaige, who is one of my favorite filmmakers.

Actually in the novel SS and NQ are the main couple and if there is a mistake in the drama it's the relationship between NQ and MSS it was never love for NQ but more like a crush because MSS is pretty and both love calligraphy.

SS it's been in NQ life since the beginning I'm pretty sure they saved each other lifes more than once, you can compare that to the two times MSS saved NQ life.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, toninha said:

Actually in the novel SS and NQ are the main couple

yes, this is what i meant. in the drama it also seems like they will be the main couple. i just did not get the impression from the drama that their relationship had ever had romantic feelings at all, but rather (along with the other guy, RIP...)  as close siblings, and of course the most important people in eachother's lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carbonara said:

hello

i thought it was funny a few of you talked about how XH and the empress acted like more than siblings. well imo NQ and SS act exactly like siblings!!!!! i had never felt any romantic chemistry at all, which is why i am so suprised at where we are now. one of the reviewers on viki mentioned that in the books it is not this way however, and you can actually tell they might have feelings for one another. so i guess the drama just did a bad job...

SS' temper tantrum also made me like her less. i feel so bad for MSS :(((( on top of that SS saved NQs life with the heavenly pill (NQ was somehow so suprised when pipi told him she forcefully took the pill), but MSS saved NQ's life at least twice. on top of that MSS's friend died saving NQ as well. i thought it was kind of weird they didn't really mention that, and it didn't seem like NQ was sorry about it, etc.

also i found out CFY is the son of chen kaige, who is one of my favorite filmmakers.

NQ/SS definitely does not act like siblings to me. Theyre very intimate w/each other, not in the way siblings act w/each other. 

Its only natural for SS to get riled up since NQ was going bonkers. He raised his voice/hands at her infront of her parents in that manner. If I was in SS situation, I'd be mad angry.

CPipi was a bit unwilling to give up that pill & it was the only thing that could save him. SS doesnt want NQ to die in that instant. SS has done plenty things for NQ & is his main moral support. If I was to pinpoint every moment of that, its an essay for another time.

Im pretty sure NQ felt sorry, but its the direction/writing that made NQ not appear that way. When his close friend died, NQ didnt shed a tear. SS cried a legit waterfalls for NQ's friend, whom she barely knew.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Our x-mas present, the bts for the last scene, NingSang together wandering the world. CFY is strong wkwkwk he can lift SY in his right hand, and bring umbrella in left hand :wub:

https://fx.weico.net/share/49973362.html?weibo_id=4321084981162036

NQ carrying SS like a sack of rice is his signature move. :wink:

• LOL 4

11 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i'm sure you are up to date with the series unless u decided to drop it out of frustration

unfortunately i did not research before starting this drama, and so i marathon'd it thinking it was finished. now i get withdrawals ,i watch the ep on viki when the subs are ~60%, and then i have to go back and watch it again when they are 90+ :bawling:

i am more used to jdrama, though i watch a lot of kdrama as well. this is only the 3rd cdrama that i've watched more than 1 episode of. the others were nirvana in fire (which i didn't really like, but finished) and eternal love/10 miles of peach blossoms which i dropped at ~50 episodes lol. so far i am enjoying ever night more than those.

• LOL 3

46 minutes ago, carbonara said:

yes, this is what i meant. in the drama it also seems like they will be the main couple. i just did not get the impression from the drama that their relationship had ever had romantic feelings at all, but rather (along with the other guy, RIP...)  as close siblings, and of course the most important people in eachother's lives.

For me it was always a romantic relationship almost like an married couple 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, carbonara said:

Time to read the webnovel and you will understand more about their feelings toward each other and their emotional connection:D Yes, many people do agreed to some extent that the drama failed to portray the true meanings of NQ-SS's relationships and how important they are to each other. The scriptwriter added so many unecessary scenes of NQ-MSS with an intention to draw more shippers on them (for non-book readers). While, for book readers, most of them dont buy it (NQ-MSS's relationships) because they already knew what is going inside the book:D      

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Actually, in the novel, SS wasnt even present at that time. CPP finally decided to give the pill by himself to NQ, because he wanted to save him. The drama made it because of SS, perhaps in order to increase SS's part in the story. 

Wow really. Well that's neat.

Either way, Cpipi & SS are great. Theyre always there to make sure NQ's belly is filled.

• LOL 3

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha....honestly some times seeing the BTs help you realize the thing they done to make a scene :) 

13 minutes ago, rhaps said:

He carried her with ease

Seriously, CFY is really strong. I can carry a below-5-year-old kid like that, but SYR is a grown up. Wow :P

I know right? All those training sure works out in the end :lol:

005F5fuvly1fyivqlc5l4j30k00b53z9.jpg

And....................... lets not forget :love:

giphy.gif

I really enjoy their easy chemistry with each other in the BTS ..... :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toninha said:

Actually in the novel SS and NQ are the main couple and if there is a mistake in the drama it's the relationship between NQ and MSS it was never love for NQ but more like a crush because MSS is pretty and both love calligraphy.

SS it's been in NQ life since the beginning I'm pretty sure they saved each other lifes more than once, you can compare that to the two times MSS saved NQ life.

Agree. @carbonaraThe thing is, the drama has created such a jerk character on NQ that made him look even more greedy on his craving relationships between both ladies (his goal is to marry SS but at the same time, he also wanna flirt with another girl, MSS). The scriptwriter also made him look likes he really fell in love with MSS, which what based on the original story lines, it wasn't!

Spoiler

After he broke up with MSS and read her's letter, he didnt regret it at all with his decisions. In fact, after reading it, he threw the letter into a bin and its SS who picked up the letter and keeps the letter in the box for NQ. 

• Like 2

Thank you for taking one for the forum team and responding @Snow Guardian @toninha @rhaps @greenwatch08@angelangie

I really am so tired of the unnecessary mess the drama created with MSS.  Slow claps to the people on the Ever Night production team who sanctioned this and thought it was such a great idea thinking they knew better than the novel writer. Sloooooooow claps

giphy.gif  giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1