[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

7 hours ago, myden said:

I don't think YHY and MSS really looks down on SS. NQ be telling the world SS is his maid servant so of course they're going to treat her like one. Her looks a very average but they all know NQ thinks very highly of SS. In the clips here, YHY asked NQ if he knows how capable SS (or how high her abilities are) is after she taught SS how to call the fishes. Correct me if i'm wrong. My Mandarin is self taught. lol 

One more week of EN guys! Are you guys READY? After 60, we won't be seeing CFY as NQ anymore.. :bawling: 

I am not ready at all.:dissapointed_relieved: However, I am still waiting for Eng sub so for me it will not end yet.

CFY is always original NQ in my heart. I do not think, he can be replace.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote Vid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

17 hours ago, angelangie said:

look what i found lols a softer look of Ye HongYu :) 

she look just beautiful and friendly here and more approachable :) when she smile her whole face really light up

That's a beautiful picture!  Thank you for this and the other  YHY pics :)

15 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

@raziela yo, chinguuuu!!! Yo, yo, yo!! Its not that I disappeared, but I need to increase my cultivation level, otherwise I will not going anywhere but no-doubt level:tounge_xd:  its been a long time I am staying in this level (actually my connection was the main caused and I missed the party yesterday):tears:

:joy:Glad to see you back:D

14 hours ago, myden said:

These are scenes of YHY from ep 54. I really feel sorry for YHY. NQ and SS have each other and the whole academy whenever they face trouble. This girl literally has no one. Anyone can easily bully you if you have no one to lean on. That curly haired guy that looks like Eason Chan is such a d-bag. I think that is why she is so obsessed with cultivating. Also, that attitude didn't just come out of nowhere. You gotta be a b***h so others won't mess with you. :naughty: 

:tears: Those scenes are upsetting me!  Poor YHY.  Yes, she's obviously had to become strong to survive and succeed and she doesn't really have anyone in her corner.

14 hours ago, myden said:

MSS (I don't know her real name) sang this song as well. (The original version is a lot better imo) This proves how much they're trying to promote her. The song is pretty nice. 

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/g0029lajqw6.html

Yep, they are being pretty shameless about it.  You would think she was the lead and not a supporting character. Anyway it's confirmed my suspicions there was some behind the scenes dealing involved with her casting and the role -_-

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

@angelangie

thank you toooo for YHY goodies! I think I love YHY not just because she is pretty, but because she is really cool as a lady warrior, since I don't like her that much in her previous drama. I've always loved this kinda badas* no-nonsense, cold character (which she does naturally). I've seen lady warriors in other dramas/movies who are cool as well, but I don't really like them because I think they only  emphasize on the  badas*ness and sexiness, but lack the gracefulness, tenderness, and charm of an elegant lady. YHY here has everything.

Great description of why YHY is awesome.  She is another character I would very happily watch a spin-off about.  Ever Night has such a rich cast of characters and the drama has cast them so well.

2 hours ago, Daylight Chang said:

Just dropping by to share a nice pic I found of most of the main characters drawn in chibi form

Source

Thank you. I love these! :) 

10 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Guys, i think it is official then?

I don't think they will confirm anything until after the drama ends. 

Does anyone know if all of the disciples cast will be returning? I think I am even more attached to them than CFY.  I seriously can't imagine anyone else as Chen PiPi.  That post says Dylan Kuo will be returning as Second Brother so I hope that is definitely true! 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Me too :bawling:

I didnt watch this because of him, but now I do. Now everytime I read the novel, I imagine him and the rest of the casts, including the annoying 3rd Prince and those Xilling guys :sweatingbullets: ( I distinguished them by face instead of name, since I dont remember them one by one :P ) . 

Still, it's not bad that it's finally over, since I have a big project starting on early January. So, yeah ..

I started watching after I heard he was leaving so I tried not to get attached but I can't imagine anyone else now. Still I will try to keep an open mind and give the new actor a chance if I watch the next season.

Arthur Chen Fei Yu hasn't posted anything about Ever Night  or promoted it on his weibo in over a month so seems like he is over the drama and has moved on anyway.

• Like 2

So I just watched ep 46-48 couldn't wait since subs are available. I still think NQ was a selfish jerk regarding SS. Glad that she left him and that he was upset about it. 

SS is just awesome she left him so he would be happy. So selfless I love her. It broke my heart how she kept comparing herself to MSS. Still didn't like that they made her seem like a child throwing tantrums. 

I like SS parents they clearly love her and want to protect her. They don't want NQ bullying their daughter.

As far as MSS goes I agree with SS she is good but that doesn't mean I have to like her :lol:. I just can't feel sorry for her. Maybe cause I see what she has with NQ  as just a crush/infatuation. They really don't know each other very well. Could they really accept each others faults? I don't think so. He couldn't be his true self with her. That alone says a lot. Yes they shared the whole writing thing but would they just spend their whole life just sitting across from each other writing for an eternity? As nice as the character is she is just boring imo. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I love 2nd brother so much he is our NingSang shipper captain. Love the way he stands up for SS and let's 1st brother know how good SS is. Kinda wished his goose would chase 1st brother away lol. 

Can someone explain to me why 1st brother doesn't like SS? I don't get it. 

I have come to the conclusion that 1st brother is the one in love with MSS. He should marry her instead and this dumb love triangle would be over and done with. 

Also what team is Fuzi on? Was he referring to SS when he said that he was also fond of her? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I love 2nd brother so much he is our NingSang shipper captain. Love the way he stands up for SS and let's 1st brother know how good SS is. Kinda wished his goose would chase 1st brother away lol. 

Can someone explain to me why 1st brother doesn't like SS? I don't get it. 

I have come to the conclusion that 1st brother is the one in love with MSS. He should marry her instead and this dumb love triangle would be over and done with. 

Also what team is Fuzi on? Was he referring to SS when he said that he was also fond of her? 

From the novel

Spoiler

FuZi n 1st brother already knew that SS is daughter of Yama. Here i quote:

Ning Que always knew that Sangsang was special.

But he also knew that he himself was special too. Being a person from another world in this world was undoubtfully special. So he always felt that the Sangsang's uniqueness came from his own, as she was his destiny.

However, he had never expected that Sangsang was the more special one.

"When did the Eldest Brother find this out? Was it a long time ago, or more recently?"

Ning Que looked at Master Qishan and asked him. He had already guessed the answer, but he wanted to confirm it again, because this was very important to him, second only to the danger brought by Sangsang's story.

"I have no idea, " Master Qishan said. "But Mr. First has made it very clear in the letter that the Headmaster wants you to come to the Lanke Temple for the disease. He wants to see if the Buddhism Sect can remove the cold aura in her. Because the Academy knows that the Buddhism Sect has a method to deal with Yama sear."

"So, my teacher... also knows it already."

Ning Que joked. Many confusing matters now had clear answers. When he came back from the Wilderness, the Eldest Brother expressed his firm opposition to his relationship with Sangsang, which was quite contrary to his usual kindness. Perhaps he had vaguely guessed the real identity of Sangsang.

"But the teacher agreed to let Sangsang and I get married."

With that, he suddenly realized something. Then the most precious emotion came back to him, which was the trust he now felt.

-------------

So maybe Eldest brother want to protect his lil brother from this Yama Child from the beginning, but he doesnt know that NQ will sacrifice his life to SS whatever happened, no need to think twice.

@rhaps, CFY Studio is official acc from CFY agency? Or just fanclub?

• Thanks 2

I also liked how Pipi got NQ to realize SS is his life object. He talked some sense into that clueless boy. He is a good brother. 

Good job Fuzi literally knocking sense into NQ. That's the whole SS team wanted to do lol. I love NQ but he made me mad at times. 

So yeah those were my thoughts on these episodes. Any thoughts? 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I dont think he dislikes SS, but he just doesnt know her. I think 1st and 2nd Brother like whom they know first. Since both girls are nice, so they naturally choose someone that they know best. 

Good to know thanks. 

30 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I like SS parents they clearly love her and want to protect her. They don't want NQ bullying their daughter.

As far as MSS goes I agree with SS she is good but that doesn't mean I have to like her :lol:. I just can't feel sorry for her. Maybe cause I see what she has with NQ  as just a crush/infatuation. They really don't know each other very well. Could they really accept each others faults? I don't think so. He couldn't be his true self with her. That alone says a lot. Yes they shared the whole writing thing but would they just spend their whole life just sitting across from each other writing for an eternity? As nice as the character is she is just boring imo. 

Thanks @n3bula You said it perfectly, I have a hard time expressing myself while writing. Lol

Watching NQ and SS made me realize watching them together is so much more normal and NQ is himself. He never pretends with SS and she know how to get under his skin. The problem with NQ he is so STUBBORN and wants to like anyone he wants besides Sang Sang. He loves Sang Sang because she is the air he breathes, his light  and he is cold blooded. He has never shown that side of him to MSS. I don’t think she can accept that part of him. NQ even said he did not have any plans to marry MSS right away. I don’t think marriage was in his mind until Eldest brother mentioned it. 

Even FuZi knew thought MSS wasn’t even a part of his path. He only mentioned Wei City , Jun Mo, Man Man, Sang Sang and that academy is where NQ’s loyalty will away be with. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

From the novel

Reveal hidden contents

FuZi n 1st brother already knew that SS is daughter of Yama. Here i quote:

Ning Que always knew that Sangsang was special.

But he also knew that he himself was special too. Being a person from another world in this world was undoubtfully special. So he always felt that the Sangsang's uniqueness came from his own, as she was his destiny.

However, he had never expected that Sangsang was the more special one.

"When did the Eldest Brother find this out? Was it a long time ago, or more recently?"

Ning Que looked at Master Qishan and asked him. He had already guessed the answer, but he wanted to confirm it again, because this was very important to him, second only to the danger brought by Sangsang's story.

"I have no idea, " Master Qishan said. "But Mr. First has made it very clear in the letter that the Headmaster wants you to come to the Lanke Temple for the disease. He wants to see if the Buddhism Sect can remove the cold aura in her. Because the Academy knows that the Buddhism Sect has a method to deal with Yama sear."

"So, my teacher... also knows it already."

Ning Que joked. Many confusing matters now had clear answers. When he came back from the Wilderness, the Eldest Brother expressed his firm opposition to his relationship with Sangsang, which was quite contrary to his usual kindness. Perhaps he had vaguely guessed the real identity of Sangsang.

"But the teacher agreed to let Sangsang and I get married."

With that, he suddenly realized something. Then the most precious emotion came back to him, which was the trust he now felt.

-------------

So maybe Eldest brother want to protect his lil brother from this Yama Child from the beginning, but he doesnt know that NQ will sacrifice his life to SS whatever happened, no need to think twice.

@rhaps, CFY Studio is official acc from CFY agency? Or just fanclub?

@epinklyn thanks for sharing that. It made me understand where these two characters are coming from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, n3bula said:

So I just watched ep 46-48 couldn't wait since subs are available. I still think NQ was a selfish jerk regarding SS. Glad that she left him and that he was upset about it. 

SS is just awesome she left him so he would be happy. So selfless I love her. It broke my heart how she kept comparing herself to MSS. Still didn't like that they made her seem like a child throwing tantrums. 

I have to say though that I can never get tired of seeing SS hugging money for comfort :lol: for that I really enjoy that scene

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Thanks @n3bula You said it perfectly, I have a hard time expressing myself while writing. Lol

Watching NQ and SS made me realize watching them together is so much more normal and NQ is himself. He never pretends with SS and she know how to get under his skin. The problem with NQ he is so STUBBORN and wants to like anyone he wants besides Sang Sang. He loves Sang Sang because she is the air he breathes, his light  and he is cold blooded. He has never shown that side of him to MSS. I don’t think she can accept that part of him. NQ even said he did not have any plans to marry MSS right away. I don’t think marriage was in his mind until Eldest brother mentioned it. 

Even FuZi knew thought MSS wasn’t even a part of his path. He only mentioned Wei City , Jun Mo, Man Man, Sang Sang and that academy is where NQ’s loyalty will away be with. 

@UnniSarah I'm glad someone shares my opinion. Yes NQ/SS are just their true selves with one another. Yes NQ is stubborn but he is now realizing what SS truly means to him. He can't live without her. I love it. I did like that he said he wasn't planning to marry her soon. It was 1st brother who put that in his head. 

Fuzi is wise. I liked him asking 1st brother why he thought NQ had to marry MSS. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I have to say though that I can never get tired of seeing SS hugging money for comfort :lol: for that I really enjoy that scene

That is so right lol. She threw it and then hugged it again. SYR does a good job acting what she was told. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Watching Cdrama is best enjoyed with subs. Lol lol No subs I make the wrong conclusion and can’t even watch the whole episode. I only fast forward to the characters I love . Lol lol I am so bad. 

Man Man is the purest of all FuZi disciples because he has a good heart. I can’t even be mad at him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Watching Cdrama is best enjoyed with subs. Lol lol No subs I make the wrong conclusion and can’t even watch the whole episode. I only fast forward to the characters I love . Lol lol I am so bad. 

Man Man is the purest of all FuZi disciples because he has a good heart. I can’t even be mad at him. 

I agree we can make the wrong conclusions without subs. I do the same just watch my NingSang scenes or Jun Mo scenes when no subs are available. 

Nah Jun Mo is the best lol. Unlike you I'm still mad at Man Man. He supports the wrong ship lol. He may grown on me later on though. 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

this was the part where she dub her own voice......it is also the part where she was talking about herself in the mirror about how ugly she is....

also at the end she also joke about how.....she cant cry because she had to say 'You are born so ugly' and she change it to'''you are born so beautiful" lols

Thanks for letting me know @angelangie. This part broke my heart. I still don't see SS as ugly though. She's the best!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

Xia Hou is supposed to be dead in S1. It is implied in the trailer and BTS scenes. So, if he is in S2, does that mean that he wont die in S1? Because I've also heard a rumor like that

If this is true, oh ..I dont know what to say. 

If they pack all of the rest of the story to only one more season, I suspect that they will have to change a lot of the story line. If that happen it will be very unfortunate because the original story is good. 

• Like 4

It'll be different with a new cast cause after watching 60 episodes we get attached to the actors

As long as they don't change SS, Chao or Jun Mo I'll be happy. Nothing else can be done about CFY leaving. I really am going to miss him. 

Still I'm too attached to the drama and I won't stop watching no matter what. If Dylan Wang is the new NQ I'll be happy cause Didi has a special place in my heart. He is a sweet young man and very talented :)

Let's just enjoy the last few episodes. I'm glad to have gotten the chance to know you guy.

Even though I came near the end of the drama. I hope we can still be friends and discuss s2 of EN or other dramas that will come along. 

9 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

If they pack all of the rest of the story to only one more season, I suspect that they will have to change a lot of the story line. If that happen it will be very unfortunate because the original story is good. 

They need more than 2 seasons in order to give justice to the novel. They better do it or I'll be sad. They also need to always that NingSang is end game no matter what happens. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Right now, I'm only worried about S1 . As long as S1 is fine, then I'm okay. IMHO, if the casts change a lot, then they should just produce another drama instead :P

I think the whole story is not just about shipping the 'right' or 'wrong' ship. It's about the growth of the main characters, that is NQ and SS. People around them help to decide what's best for them, according to their own values. First Bro thinks that MSS is better, because he only views things from NQ-MSS's side, while Second Bro views things from NQ-SS's side (plus he has known them longer too) . They all love their Little Bro and want him to have the best.

Eventhough First Bro has a part of making NQ confuses more , but this is a process that he and SS need to go through, in order for them to grow up. IMHO, there's nothing wrong with NQ liking MSS. He and SS never had a romantic relationship before, and in the drama, SS has once agreed for him to find a wife. MSS is pretty and openly likes and approaches him, while they share a common interest, so which guy wouldnt be tempted by a girl as pretty as her? So, NQ-SS need this to happen, in order to realize what they really need and want

I don’t know why but I felt that first brother was trying to separate NQ from SS to protect him from something that will happen later, at least thats what I got from the conversation between FZ and first brother when NQ was drunk, thats why the headmaster asked him why he insisted in the marriage if even he knew how important is SS in NQ life. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Right now, I'm only worried about S1 . As long as S1 is fine, then I'm okay. IMHO, if the casts change a lot, then they should just produce another drama instead :P

I am Ok with Season 1 ending where it suppose to end too. Eventhough, the novel has not yet ended, A chapter was ended. Actually, it is ended right where, the Thai translation ended so I am fine with it. So I take it as the end of the a movie/series. Beyond this is a new story. 

• Like 5