[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

no nothing like that....

Hide contents

MoShanShan is different from others girls he encounter who didnt scorn or turn their head up upon seeing his dirty self......she wasnt aloof in handling NingQue and they share the 1 same passion, calligraphy....

this is what actually bind them together....NingQue does like her however he doesnt see her as a soulmate but someone he can have in his life....

we have to think outside the box a little....and ppl during that 'period' of times have tons and tons of wife....it was like a very normal practice to have more than 1 girls in your life.....so we actually can't fault NingQue into thinking that MoShanShan can be 'part' of his life......

to him.....he see her as parts of his life and he is not pushing SangSang away....as there is nothing wrong in having more than 1 girls back then after all :) and MoShanShan thought the same.....that she too can be part of NingQue life :) with SangSang in it

Spoiler

I understand that line of thinking, trust me.

That's why I was bugged with Arthur's description of MSS being NQ's "possibly soulmate", and questioned whether it's Arthur's own interpretation or the director/scriptwriter's take.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, caranita said:

Hide contents

I understand that line of thinking, trust me.

That's why I was bugged with Arthur's description of MSS being NQ's "possibly soulmate", and questioned whether it's Arthur's own interpretation or the director/scriptwriter's take.

I understand your concern, comrade:D But, I can assure you that NQ never have a  thought about MSS as his soulmate. It was written and explained very well in the book about this. Like what @angelangie said, he only consider her as being part of his life (just like his brothers and sisters in the academy). But his real home/family and the most closest person, and who understand him the most is SS. In the drama/book NQ called SS as his life, the one, mine, etc.. but he never calls MSS any of these.. Even if they get married, MSS would only be his concubine, not a main wife. one of the example, when NQ was asked by SS's father (both drama and book) about this, he immediate says of course she is the main wife.. even though he wanna take a concubine, he knew SS will not agree.. 

Spoiler

SS is the only one he can trust. I still remember in the novel, there is one period of time, MSS asks NQ to pass something important (I forgot what is the tool name) to her, but he refused and said directly to her that he wont/cant trust her. He immediate think about SS, the only one he can put his trust. She is the most important person, even much more important than the whole world for NQ. If she dies, he dies. So, we all know that MSS would never be his soulmate.. not even close to soulmate, but only to fulfill his man ego and his hormone problems that he has:tounge_xd:

(Dont throw me stones for being straight forward and saying all these):D

Why he likes MSS? It is because of their same interest. We all know how much NQ loves calligraphy. He said before to SS, I better sell my body than my calligraphy. And fortunately, he met a pretty, delicate and perfect girl (MSS), who loves what he loves. So, as a guy, who would not fall for her? Just put his position in our shoes. Me myself as girl would definitely drooling and devour a handsome guy who also happens to like me back:joy:

NQ would only take SS as his wife and the rest of the girls who he gonna encounter in the future, including MSS, will only be his concubine(s) or side dishes.

@angelangie very well said, comrade:D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/23/2019 at 11:04 PM, caranita said:

This newly uploaded YouTube compiles a few interviews with Arthur + Song Yiren only, and one which also includes interview with Hu Jun and Kris Sun. I've seen them before, but this time they're English subbed. The first video has been shared here (with English translation provided by @angelangie), but the rest are only recently subbed. Unfortunately starting 11:47 the sub isn't available anymore, but perhaps the video loader is still doing it.

Hide contents

I chuckle when SYR bluntly says that Ning Que is the type of guy who just lounges in the house, does nothing, and of course he'd choose Sang Sang since she's like a mom who waits for him at home :)))

One thing that bugs me is when Arthur defines NQ's relationship with MSS. He says MSS is NQ's #2, she'll always be in his heart even when they're not together, and she's possibly his soulmate. WHAT??? I don't know if the translation is correct, or if it's Arthur's interpretation, or it's what's in the script. I do hope it's error in translation -- no offense to the translator, though! I doubt it's Arthur's own interpretation, because I'm sure the hands-on Director will discuss the state of the relationships to the actors. So most likely it's the script :rage:, and it only confirms what many have suspected all along: the writers DID deliberately twist the relationships between NQ-SS and NQ-MSS, and of course NQ-YHY, in Season 1. 

I think you are right this is due to the director/writer changing things from the novel.  Seeing how hands-on the director is it's obvious that is how she would have told Arthur  to interpret the relationship.  I still don't understand why they would change things so much from the webnovel where he likes, attracted to and has things in common with MSS.  But soulmate? Absolutely not! It's not even a possibility.  The thing about the webnovel is there is no number 2 or possible other soulmate for NQ.  It's SS or it's nobody.  You don;t go through the hell NQ goes through for SS when you have alternative soulmates lmao!

The drama interpretation is contrary to the original work but I can't blame Arthur for that as it's obviously what the drama was trying to sell:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, raziela said:

I think you are right this is due to the director/writer changing things from the novel.  Seeing how hands-on the director is it's obvious that is how she would have told Arthur  to interpret the relationship.  I still don't understand why they would change things so much from the webnovel where he likes, attracted to and has things in common with MSS.  But soulmate? Absolutely not! It's not even a possibility.  The thing about the webnovel is there is no number 2 or possible other soulmate for NQ.  It's SS or it's nobody.  The drama interpretation is contrary to the original work but I can't blame Arthur for that as it's obviously what the drama was trying to sell.

Well said comrade! Now I can finally read your post...:joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, raziela said:

You don;t go through the hell NQ goes through for SS when you have alternative soulmates lmao!

Yes.  Exactly.  That's why I like NQ so much.  He had an irk to have both girls by his side.  But when he realised SS didn't like it, he broke up with MSS.  But after going thru various tribulations for SS, she just vanished leaving him alone.  At that time, even when he had a chance for a reunion with MSS, when SS was devoid of love feelings for him, he never tried to start with MSS.  what a character, huh!!!!! Lovely!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I'm watching NQ in the wasteland and maybe because he doesn't have more experient actors to act with on those scenes but I can tell the actor inexperience in this part of the story it fells emotionally flat even some dialogues except for the fight scenes in those he is excellent

That magic from the early episodes is missing  in the episodes of the wasteland ( maybe its SS lol B))

The best part for me until now, I'm on ep 35, it's the relationship between SS and her teacher and the empress story didn't know she was such a badass I kind of like her character. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yes.  Exactly.  That's why I like NQ so much.  He had an irk to have both girls by his side.  But when he realised SS didn't like it, he broke up with MSS.  But after going thru various tribulations for SS, she just vanished leaving him alone.  At that time, even when he had a chance for a reunion with MSS, when SS was devoid of love feelings for him, he never tried to start with MSS.  what a character, huh!!!!! Lovely!!!!!! 

Well said my comrade! Huh! Huh! Huh!:joy:

Spoiler

I still remember when NQ met mss again for the second time after they broke up.. at that time, NQ was very frustrated and lost because SS left him. NQ-MSS had a talk for a while, and after that he just walked away by himself and left her alone.. he even doesnt have a mood to show her around or accompany her for a little longer even though they both havent see each other for quite some times, considering she had to travel from a long distance to chang'an only for him... Whenever NQ-MSS together, NQ could not help to think about SS again and again.. he always distracted by SS's existence... he was like being possessed and haunted by SS wherever he goes and whatever he does:joy:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/23/2019 at 10:26 PM, toninha said:

I also prefer NQ from the novel because from the beginning it was always SS for him the rest were just infatuations because they are beautiful women and not even MSS had a chance in winning his love. The drama almost destroyed that part for me it felt like MSS was the female lead and had this tragic love with NQ instead of SS that is the main character in Ever Night:triumph:

I don't agreed with you.  The drama followed the novel very closely in regards to the relationship between NQ and MSS.  NQ really likes MSS and have thoughts of her being his concubine which was clearly shown in both the drama and novel.  But NQ realised that SS cannot accept a third party in their relationship hence his struggles over this.

Also I don't think MSS screen time exceeds that of SS in the drama.  She only appeared in the wilderness to Du city part which was described in the novel itself.  Of all the beautiful women NQ encountered, aside from SS, he only likes MSS so don't hate MSS too much.  I also like YHY more than MSS but NQ's feelings was just neutral towards her.

Btw, I enjoyed reading the novel more than the drama so I won't continue to read S2 part or I might feel disappointed as I want to enjoy both drama and novel as well.  It's wonderful to read the novel after completed the drama.  I now can imagine how NQ looks like with CFY's face and SS (SYR).  I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

On 1/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, Snow Guardian said:

Same here.. I dont really care who is the new actor (NQ), as long as the aunties not ruining NQ-SS relationships in the future but following closely to the book, and not damaging SS's real characters like in the s1... I already happy with it.

Yes, SS's character in S1 is slightly different from the novel but from the way the aunties have shown to us in S1, I believe that they will continue to stick closely to the MC parts.  The strength of this drama is bringing the core story from the novel to life.

Even NQ's characterisation is different in the drama as he was not as cold blooded based on his life experience not as vicious as written in the novel.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, dejun said:

I don't agreed with you.  The drama followed the novel very closely in regards to the relationship between NQ and MSS.  NQ really likes MSS and have thoughts of her being his concubine which was clearly shown in both the drama and novel.  But NQ realised that SS cannot accept a third party in their relationship hence his struggles over this.

Also I don't think MSS screen time exceeds that of SS in the drama.  She only appeared in the wilderness to Du city part which was described in the novel itself.  Of all the beautiful women NQ encountered, aside from SS, he only likes MSS so don't hate MSS too much.  I also like YHY more than MSS but NQ's feelings was just neutral towards her.

I think what @toninha means was, the development on SS-NQ relationships from family to love was too little compares to NQ-MSS's. Every development of NQ-MSS's rship was shown very detail from the beginning to the end... while NQ-SS's was a  bit too rushed. It was like the screenwriter was expecting the viewers to accept what they are serving in the drama after they are being together, whether we like it or not.

The drama also shown how heart broken was NQ while breaking up with MSS.. he even cried after reading her letter which is all of these are not mentioned in the book. I agree with @toninha the director/screenwriter made the drama looked like a tragic love story between NQ-MSS. I also pissed off with those scenes:joy:

I also like YHY, friend:D 

I hope in s2, the aunties would not playing with our hearts by giving us sour plums by getting YHY involves in NQ-SS's relationship:tears:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

The drama also shown how heart broken was NQ while breaking up with MSS.. he even cried after reading her letter which is all of these are not mentioned in the book. I agree with @toninha the director/screenwriter made the drama looked like a tragic love story between NQ-MSS. I also pissed off with those scenes:joy:

I also like YHY, friend:D 

I understand why the director/screenwriter made the actor portrayed the crying scene to show the audience how he felt and his thoughts over MSS.  It was really a difficult decision that he had to let go of MSS when you read the novel.  That was how much he really like MSS.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 1/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, angelangie said:

actually you cannot fault the love lines....

Reveal hidden contents

he do 'like' MoShanShan and while he liken it to his first love, it wasnt wrong either.....as the way it was projected..

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

no nothing like that....

Reveal hidden contents

MoShanShan is different from others girls he encounter who didnt scorn or turn their head up upon seeing his dirty self......she wasnt aloof in handling NingQue and they share the 1 same passion, calligraphy....

this is what actually bind them together....NingQue does like her however he doesnt see her as a soulmate but someone he can have in his life....

we have to think outside the box a little....and ppl during that 'period' of times have tons and tons of wife....it was like a very normal practice to have more than 1 girls in your life.....so we actually can't fault NingQue into thinking that MoShanShan can be 'part' of his life......

to him.....he see her as parts of his life and he is not pushing SangSang away....as there is nothing wrong in having more than 1 girls back then after all :) and MoShanShan thought the same.....that she too can be part of NingQue life :) with SangSang in it

@angelangie  We are like minded in understanding what the writer tried to convey through NQ, SS and MSS relationship in an ancient world.  NQ won't learnt about his true feelings that was deeply hidden within him towards SS if such situation never occur.  Same with SS.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, dejun said:

Btw, I enjoyed reading the novel more than the drama so I won't continue to read S2 part or I might feel disappointed as I want to enjoy both drama and novel as well.  It's wonderful to read the novel after completed the drama.  I now can imagine how NQ looks like with CFY's face and SS (SYR).  I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :D

I guess we are watching a different drama and reading a different novel lol  

It's not even close to the novel, NQ had a crush and he never shed a tear for MSS of course he wants concubines after all it was normal at that time and he is a young men lol

There is a difference between like and love and that's the same with MSS and SS and I don't hate her just the writer for creating a love triangle where there isn't one lol

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just finish watching 6 episodes straight hoping to finally see NQ and SS together but still nothing just more of the same NQ and MSS ( can't stop cursing the TV lol), really did we need 13 episodes of that???^_^ 

Best part today and sad too was the two teachers fighting and saying goodbye it made me cry.

Since NQ is being a selfish brat I'm starting to wish SS with sećond teacher, I like the way he looks at her and seems to care because someone we all know keeps forgetting that SS is his life:triumph:

( I'm hard fan of SS for me Song Yiren stole the show she made SS shine even though the character was poorly written not the novel fault but the screenwriter)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, toninha said:

Just finish watching 6 episodes straight hoping to finally see NQ and SS together but still nothing just more of the same NQ and MSS ( can't stop cursing the TV lol), really did we need 13 episodes of that???^_^ 

Best part today and sad too was the two teachers fighting and saying goodbye it made me cry.

Since NQ is being a selfish brat I'm starting to wish SS with sećond teacher, I like the way he looks at her and seems to care because someone we all know keeps forgetting that SS is his life:triumph:

( I'm hard fan of SS for me Song Yiren stole the show she made SS shine even though the character was poorly written not the novel fault but the screenwriter)

i agree with everything.  I think lots of us do.  SYR definitely made Sang Sang shine even though the drama didn't do her character justice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a big fan of EN, especially CFY and SYR. 

I felt sad CFY not participate EN2.

Anyway I found EN novel translated in English.

It is translated till chapter 723 into season 2.

https://boxnovel.com/novel/nightfall/

not sure this has been sharing before, thought someone will enjoying as much as I did.

Edited by mon1459
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1