[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

I have already caved in.. ima watch season two as long as they get good replacements i want to see how this show ends , as long as the quality of production etc.. keeps up ill still watch.

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I still hope that the director n producer have the same thought to bring back the same team again, although it will delay the production, it better delayed than failed right? Wasting time, effort n budget. No need to hurry, we fan surely will wait patiently to get the ideal one, that is the same team as S1. Except if it will be a whole new diff story like NoF 1 & 2, same production team but diff casts. 

I agree if the production and directer etc.. all leave then it will be a mess . 

14 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I read in Mydramalist that there was a possibility (assumption) that the project got delayed because they failed to get the fund ontime. I also read somewhere that the schedule got delayed because of the producers. I think you are right, the problem is probably because they didnt plan this well. The shooting for S2 was actually planned to start on May 2018

I dont really think it had to do with funding when it got announced by Tencent.. literally the Biggest company in the world lol. 

• Like 2

Hello Chingu's

Once I read about the news about the ML , I was so upset and jumped the gun and started blaming the actor, just venting so that I can cool down a bit . LOL But then was reminded, we still don't know what happened behind the scenes of this whole production.  I was just so sad and hate starting something I can't finish especially when I am obsessed with the drama. Then i had an epiphany , these actors don't really have a say on their schedule at all. I remember a singer turned actor said she left the music business because she is always busy and never have time for herself. Everything she did was with her group and had little time off.  These entertainers lives are hard and I applaud them for having the strength to proceed with this kind of profession. 

@angelangie Made some valid points too on what may have happened.  

@Wotad.... I love NoF but ccouldn't even watch the second season even though it was a different story being told. The actors and story line wasn't tragic enough for me...:bawling::cold_sweat:  

No CFY is upsetting indeed. But you guys are right about the production team. Director Yangyang was quite passionate about this project, and she scored with the leads and heavyweight supporting characters.

At this point, if the new season line up is able to project a similar vibe as the current line up, with excellent production values, i think I'll continue watching because i find the story fascinating and different from any typical fantasy wuxia drama. I love that EN has lead characters that are different from wuxia drama before this. NQ is not as honourable as heroes usually are, SS is not a beautiful feminine lady, FZ and the 12 seniors are openminded and supportive, the emperor is not overly stupid or cruel and the history between XH and NQ is an unfortunate product of a miscalculation etc. I just love that. 

The only caveat is it must retain the vibe and production values. If DW is going to play NQ, i sure hope he can deliver. But I'd probably prefer the whole cast (even SS) to be replaced as i agree it would make me feel that SS cheated on NQ... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

-Edited-

From what I've been reading on the web using google translate and from Mydramalist, CFY has taken a leave from school for EN. He has been studying on the set too. After shooting, he had been waiting for Season 2, but when the schedule finally came out, he knew that he couldnt make it because it gonna took 6 months , while he had to go back to school and prepared for university. So he took another drama instead, which schedule matched his. I heard that the shooting for that one will finish on December.

Please cmiiw. Yes, I think we dont know exactly what is behind the scene. So better to think positive about both parties, I think?

I guess I'll enjoy Season 1 and his next drama :) . Still dont know about Season 2 

Do you happen to know what wuxia drama that CFY shoot currently? I hope it will another great wuxia drama, with great screenplay and natural fighting scene just like 将夜. Since he chose it over 将夜S2, and unmatching schedule.

I will too enjoy this novel and season 1 将夜 and his next drama. Ups should we discuss this in CFY thread, sorry everybody :o.

@pangja can I use your poster NangSang, to be my profile pic? Thank u.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 2

Ever Night is a collective work by everyone involved, the directors, actors, and all the crew, so if I want to be fair, everyone is important and contributed to the shows success. 

The first time I watch EN is because I like the story.. and can only hope that this is a decent adaptation....

But with time, I really like CFY's interpretation as NQ. He plays NQ really well, so while there is still room for improvement, I am satisfied and happy with this NQ. He is so endearing to watch. 

As far as i know of, Ever Night did very well, it even won an award few days ago. So news of CFY not playing NQ again definitely is something that is a surprise for me.

Regardless about what really happen, I guess the only thing I can do right now is focus on Ever Night Season 1. 

Overall this is still a good production, and I'm looking forward to watch this Season to the end. 

This is a picture of the last shooting of EN Season 1. :tears:

DspOC32VYAALKEd.jpg

Chen+Feiyu+Ever+Night+7.jpg

I'm sure that the second season will still have a good production value.. but I don't think I can watch another Ning Que and Sang Sang. So I might not watch Season 2. All I can say is best of luck to everyone involved. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rhaps said:

-Edited-

From what I've been reading on the web using google translate and from Mydramalist, CFY has taken a leave from school for EN. He has been studying on the set too. After shooting, he had been waiting for Season 2, but when the schedule finally came out, he knew that he couldnt make it because it gonna took 6 months , while he had to go back to school and prepared for university. So he took another drama instead, which schedule matched his. I heard that the shooting for that one will finish on December.

Please cmiiw. Yes, I think we dont know exactly what is behind the scene. So better to think positive about both parties, I think?

I guess I'll enjoy Season 1 and his next drama :) . Still dont know about Season 2 

I love the fact that hes still focusing on school and uni even though he could basically skip that .

Ill watch season 2 as long as they get good replacement actors and the quality holds up we will have to wait and see. 

• Like 3

Spoiler translation for ep 30 

Spoiler

NQ: Sang Sang, I got to go on a long distance trip.

SS: How far?

NQ: Further than Wei city.

SS: For how long?

NQ: I can't tell you.

SS: It must be the Old Book Academy sending you to carry out an important mission. Or maybe it's the Tang Emperor who wants you to carry out a secret operation.

NQ: How did you know?

SS: Then we got to bring some thick clothes.

NQ: How do you know that I will go to an extremely cold place.

SS: We also got to take the preserved meat I made today.

NQ: How did you know that as well?

SS: We......

NQ: Sang Sang, this time I'm the only one going.

SS: Young master, you usually take me with you when you go out.

NQ: Sang Sang, I don't want to either, but the Old Brush house is our home when I'm not here, you need to watch the house. OK, quickly cook some food, young master is dying of hunger.

SS: Young master, the Princess sent an invitation for us to go to the palace to have dinner. This time you must go.

NQ: Looks like she also knows.

At the Princesses Palace.

Blindfolded Sang Sang plays hide and seek.

SS: Little Man, you must have hidden. Little Man.

SS: I caught you

Third Prince: Little Fairy's come down to Earth again. This little hand is soft, this little face mmm.....

Princes: What are you guys doing here, NQ.

NQ: We are hugging, long time no see.

Third Prince: Princess sister, he's bullying me.

NQ: Highness you just assured me now that nobody would bully Sang Sang. But just now I saw my families Sang Sang........

(Whilst they were having tea the Princess had asked NQ whether there was anything in his heart other than the Academy and the Emperor.  NQ said yes and asked the Princess to look after Sang Sang while he was away in the wilderness and not to let anyone bully her.  The Princess promised that if anyone bullied Sang Sang she would make their life not worth living. NQ told her not to be so cruel and just directly kill them LOL)

NQ: This sort of thing will not happen a second time, best that it does not happen again. Goodbye.

Little Man: Mother, just now I saw Uncle trying to kiss Sang Sang.

NQ: She's unlucky to have such a brother.

SS: But he is still a prince

NQ: So what if he's a prince, he's just a good-for-nothing loser.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rhaps said:

And have been waiting for complete english subs of 19-24 on vikii. Those episodes are one of my favourites

@rhaps  As the drama progresses each actor/actress performance gets better and better. I think this drama is a learning experience for the actors/actresses.  Waiting for the subs is so aggravating chingu, but to TBH I almost caught myself watching these episodes raw again because it is such a good drama that I can’t really complain muchZ 

Spoiler

In episode 21 We find out that The 2nd Floor building test is extremely difficult. We also find out that Fire Gate test sentece they must write is all connected to their own personality.

NQ - -> Utensil ( I take it he must remain independent from all political factions of the Tang Empire)

LQ - -> Cometitive ( I take it as his ambitions will take him down the wrong path)   

Once entering the gate they must relive their 12 year life span all over again. Their most painful memory is what made them who they are are today 

Spoiler

CM - -> CPrince of Yan is still complicated to me. I wondered does he want Fratricide or not?  Does LQ want Fratricide? LQ said yea and then no. I really had a hard time understanding what is in their hearts. 

Please anyone if you can answer my questions I will most appreciate it 

• Like 2

Ep 20-30

The academy days since NQ enter the second floor till he went to the wilderness is one of my favorite part from the book. 

I feel so much laughter and warmth reading them and now watching it live.

It reminds me when I was young, the days when I’m having fun with friends, giving and receiving with them. At the time, for me it was just an ordinary day. But now looking back, it became a precious memory. 

NQ gains much more than a powerful friends, there he gains a father figure in Yan se and also many brothers and sisters that cares for this mischievous brother. 

• Like 2

Guys , I am so obsessed with this drama, here I am watching episode 22 with limited subtitles. What is wrong with me and still enjoying it. Lol lol. Please make me stops... please stop me 

@angelangie @celebrianna For MoShanShan she needs to come in the picture because to be honest. Ning Que spent his entire life working and trying to survive. He is going to school, cultivating, meeting people and traveling. 

He needs to meet people who are just as intellectual as him and getting the chance to let Sang Sang find herself to without him. I think NingSang needs to evolve instead of remaining the same. It is good to change because you become stronger and are able to protect yourself and loved ones better. He said it himself he needs to be stronger to protect Sang Sang. He also need allies that way he can protect her more. What do you guys think??,

• Like 3