[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

34 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

This is for an upcoming episode...what are they saying? Why does SS start smiling shyly?

I think because YHY think that SS is his hand-maiden, she ask for hot water for bath, but NQ said SS is his wife? Or lady of the house, sumthin like that, CMIIW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I think because YHY think that SS is his hand-maiden, she ask for hot water for bath, but NQ said SS is his wife? Or lady of the house, sumthin like that, CMIIW.

Loved that NQ makes sure they know she's the wife. YHY face was surprised. Poor SS both MSS and YHY kinda look down on her at first glance. Still she's the only one for NQ so it doesn't matter. :)

• Like 5

Dont know whether this bts ever posted before, there is scene for next week eps, on minute 1:48,  scene where YHY n NQ in white-red outfit (how dashing he is), take a walk thru the city and then NQ grab YHY's hand and eat together, maybe after the meeting with XH. I am so longing for this scene! Especially @rhaps :wub: this one is for you chingu!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

I just watched 42 - 46Yey! 

Spoiler

NQ finally reunited with SS. I love the realistic tension of having them go through readjusting phase after separation and new dynamics & people in the mix. I love the burial scene with NQ and SS too. All the flashbacks to Master Yan Se made me teary. Finally LQ gets interesting as a character and I have to say his messy snow begged look was the best he has looked on the show lol. laughed out loud on several scenes with minor characters (esp. the SS in prison scenes) overall enjoyable and can’t wait for subs for 47 onwards. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, n3bula said:

Loved that NQ makes sure they know she's the wife. YHY face was surprised. Poor SS both MSS and YHY kinda look down on her at first glance. Still she's the only one for NQ so it doesn't matter. :)

I don't think YHY and MSS really looks down on SS. NQ be telling the world SS is his maid servant so of course they're going to treat her like one. Her looks a very average but they all know NQ thinks very highly of SS. In the clips here, YHY asked NQ if he knows how capable SS (or how high her abilities are) is after she taught SS how to call the fishes. Correct me if i'm wrong. My Mandarin is self taught. lol 

One more week of EN guys! Are you guys READY? After 60, we won't be seeing CFY as NQ anymore.. :bawling: 

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@angelangie

thank you toooo for YHY goodies! I think I love YHY not just because she is pretty, but because she is really cool as a lady warrior, since I don't like her that much in her previous drama. I've always loved this kinda badas* no-nonsense, cold character (which she does naturally). I've seen lady warriors in other dramas/movies who are cool as well, but I don't really like them because I think they only  emphasize on the  badas*ness and sexiness, but lack the gracefulness, tenderness, and charm of an elegant lady. YHY here has everything.

I agree with you @rhaps I've always rooted for cool/badass characters. :blush: High five! Don't cry too much now. Just focus on a different drama and you'll be alright. 

• LOL 4

17 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I'm trying hard to be ready *LOL*

19 minutes ago, myden said:

One more week of EN guys! Are you guys READY? After 60, we won't be seeing CFY as NQ anymore.. :bawling: 

Im still currently on ep.42. :crazy:

I think for the US release on viki, it ends in two weeks, right after the news years.

Great drama to end/start the new year. Im going to miss CFY & SY as NQ/SS. Such a cute/fun pair.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, myden said:

I don't think YHY and MSS really looks down on SS. NQ be telling the world SS is his maid servant so of course they're going to treat her like one. Her looks a very average but they all know NQ thinks very highly of SS. In the clips here, YHY asked NQ if he knows how capable SS (or how high her abilities are) is after she taught SS how to call the fishes. Correct me if i'm wrong. My Mandarin is self taught. lol 

I just go by the expression on their face when they see SS. In the novel it is that way when MSS first met SS. I don't think they do so to be mean. It's mostly cause they look at her as just a simple plain girl. 

Wish I could help but my mandarin is beginner level.

I will miss EN 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote Vid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Youre welcome.

I wonder what's the amulet's purpose/

special properties? I was curious about this when YS showed it.

Maybe to trigger the Talisman Incantation to start the array when Tang Empire is in the blink of destruction, the purpose is to protect the capital city include the resident? Probably I will just quote from the novel, to make clear LOL

Spoiler

Master Yan Se looked at him and could not help smiling, and then said, "Chang'an City, a god-stunning Array, naturally can't be observed with the naked eye, since most of its parts are buried in the ground. What I can tell you is that the array center is at the bottom of the Imperial Palace, while the array root is the Vermilion Bird Avenue."

The old Taoist pointed to the direction of the palace, and then his fingertips slowly moved down along the Vermilion Bird Avenue, and continued: "The array root extending beneath our feet, is Vermilion Bird South Gate. However, it diverges through the city walls and then returns from all the city wall archways of the inner and outer city. "

"You can also see Chang'an City, the big array, as a vast and extremely complicated Talisman incantation that consists of countless Divine Talismans. If only the array eye opens, this great Talisman incantation will be motivated to protect this grand City and its residents."

Ning Que looked at the dense buildings in Chang'an City and the crowds who were as busy as ants, but still joyful. Listening to Master Yan Se's words, he could not help feeling uneasy, becoming speechless due to the sense of awe and reverence.

"The Vermilion Bird we saw just now is the most powerful Divine Talisman in this great Talisman incantation."

It was a long time before Ning Que could suppress the surprise in his heart. He murmured, looking at the grand city, "What would the city look like if this big array opened, darkening the sky or rolling the black clouds, or trembling the earth while the city remains where it is..."

"No one knows how the scene would look like, not the designer nor those precedent cultivators who were responsible for building the array. And certainly they don't want to know, neither do I ."

Master Yan Se looked at him and seriously said, "The launch of the frightened mind array indicates Chang'an City is about to be conquered. If it that day really comes, it only means that the Great Tang Empire has got to the brink of destruction."

Ning Que suddenly thought of a key question, and then seriously said, looking at Master Yan Se,"Master, you shouldn't have told me such things, especially of the array center and array root. It's not good."

Master Yan Se calmly said, "Do you know who is responsible for Chang'an City, this big god-stunning Array?"

"Who?"

"Your master, me."

Master Yan Se smiled and looked at him, saying, "You are my only successor, who will be in charge of the god-stunning Array after I leave this world, so it's perfectly justified for me to let you in on some related information in advance."

Ning Que did not say anything, but turned around to gaze at Chang'an City under the city tower with his pale face. He shook his head and made some strange voices in his mouth as if he was scolding someone or breathing cold air, but more like he was unconsciously talking to himself.

A long time passed.

He glanced back at Master Yan Se, and said with resentment, "Master, don't scare me like that."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Maybe to trigger the Talisman Incantation to start the array when Tang Empire is in the blink of destruction, the purpose is to protect the capital city include the resident? Probably I will just quote from the novel, to make clear LOL

Reveal hidden contents

Master Yan Se looked at him and could not help smiling, and then said, "Chang'an City, a god-stunning Array, naturally can't be observed with the naked eye, since most of its parts are buried in the ground. What I can tell you is that the array center is at the bottom of the Imperial Palace, while the array root is the Vermilion Bird Avenue."

The old Taoist pointed to the direction of the palace, and then his fingertips slowly moved down along the Vermilion Bird Avenue, and continued: "The array root extending beneath our feet, is Vermilion Bird South Gate. However, it diverges through the city walls and then returns from all the city wall archways of the inner and outer city. "

"You can also see Chang'an City, the big array, as a vast and extremely complicated Talisman incantation that consists of countless Divine Talismans. If only the array eye opens, this great Talisman incantation will be motivated to protect this grand City and its residents."

Ning Que looked at the dense buildings in Chang'an City and the crowds who were as busy as ants, but still joyful. Listening to Master Yan Se's words, he could not help feeling uneasy, becoming speechless due to the sense of awe and reverence.

"The Vermilion Bird we saw just now is the most powerful Divine Talisman in this great Talisman incantation."

It was a long time before Ning Que could suppress the surprise in his heart. He murmured, looking at the grand city, "What would the city look like if this big array opened, darkening the sky or rolling the black clouds, or trembling the earth while the city remains where it is..."

"No one knows how the scene would look like, not the designer nor those precedent cultivators who were responsible for building the array. And certainly they don't want to know, neither do I ."

Master Yan Se looked at him and seriously said, "The launch of the frightened mind array indicates Chang'an City is about to be conquered. If it that day really comes, it only means that the Great Tang Empire has got to the brink of destruction."

Ning Que suddenly thought of a key question, and then seriously said, looking at Master Yan Se,"Master, you shouldn't have told me such things, especially of the array center and array root. It's not good."

Master Yan Se calmly said, "Do you know who is responsible for Chang'an City, this big god-stunning Array?"

"Who?"

"Your master, me."

Master Yan Se smiled and looked at him, saying, "You are my only successor, who will be in charge of the god-stunning Array after I leave this world, so it's perfectly justified for me to let you in on some related information in advance."

Ning Que did not say anything, but turned around to gaze at Chang'an City under the city tower with his pale face. He shook his head and made some strange voices in his mouth as if he was scolding someone or breathing cold air, but more like he was unconsciously talking to himself.

A long time passed.

He glanced back at Master Yan Se, and said with resentment, "Master, don't scare me like that."

Alright. Thank you. I remembered this similar conversation between NQ/YS about the vermillion phoenix/startling god formation in the drama.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a question, regarding NQ's dream in the 3rd ep about 2 old man, which are drunker and a butcher, talking about Night Fall. I just remembered they showed up meeting Fu Zi after Fu Zi split the journey with 1st Brother. So who are they? I only know they are survivor from the previous Night Fall. I thought the ones who come to NQ's dream is Fi Zi in disguise. I try to find in the novel but havent suceed.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I have a question, regarding NQ's dream in the 3rd ep about 2 old man, which are drunker and a butcher, talking about Night Fall. I just remembered they showed up meeting Fu Zi after Fu Zi split the journey with 1st Brother. So who are they? I only know they are survivor from the previous Night Fall. I thought the ones who come to NQ's dream is Fi Zi in disguise. I try to find in the novel but havent suceed.

When that butcher/drunk eventually appeared in the drama, I was like 'hey' its those old men in NQ's dream. I, too, want to know their connection to NQ/why he sees them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I'm on epi 46 english sub on vikii

I just realized that we need around 10 weeks to finish EN . Wow ..

This reminds me not to watch long dramas like this while it's still running (but there are many interesting dramas waiting in the future, the tempation is really ..). Yeah, I will miss EN and the discussions too ;)

I'm curious whether EN will achieve 5 billion viewers in the end. 

5 billion would be awesome. I mean anything above 1 billion is a crazy huge number. Im not familiar w/cdramas, so Im not sure what counts as popular/good.

EN is the 2nd cdrama Ive actually thoroughly watched. I still find it very engaging/fun. I like the story & love the characters.

• Like 5