[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Wotad, I see. I know that the heroes in The Legend of Qin and The Legend of Chusen really sucked to me. :lol: Even if Ning Que is normal as @sonicwave confirmed, at least he can fend for himself except against a cultivator.

i actually enjoyed The Legend of Chusen.

Best song and video for the show so far love this song and this show is just going to get more epic.. so exciting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I can't wait for him to find out too @celebrianna

Hide contents

This special episode should have aired in my opinions. The chinese has to many restriction on what can air or not.  What do you think of the Grand Priest of Light? Was he right to do wha he tdid. This slaughter of an entire household was a waste since they never got the child they were looking for? 

Another thing that bothers me is the Rumor that the Princess will cause chaos for the kingdom?? I really hate superstitions. They cause so much destructions in their wake and later on you find out it was B.S

Now we know the King knows his wife's real identity and he is a smart King. He learns and wants his people to be at peace. I can't quite figure out the Queen. At times I feel she has feelings for her brother and that she loves the KING and his children. But in an earlier scene it felt like she didn't love the Princess at all. I hope we get to find out the truth.  

I admit I was really upset after watching their whole plot to slaughter the general and his household all instigated by the Grand Priest. I’m trying not to burn with hatred about the grand priest because characters like these are many times never punished because of their standing as revered leaders acting for the greater good. However, I hope that general and the emperor’s brother meet terrible ends. 

So it seems like Long Qing is the Yan prince’s younger brother. I didn’t realize that because I thought he was the second prince of Xiling which I considered a different state. 

The empress does seem as though she likes the emperor and his kids but who knows when it comes to politics. She did say early on that the emperor would protect her if the princess and her people wanted to get rid of her but I remember the general responded that the emperor cannot even fend for himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I've watched the special episode

Just want to add a bit, pls cmiiw :

Reveal hidden contents

The baby wasnt from NQ's household. She was from a different one who lived nearby

You're not the only one who has a problem pronounciating -Ichtyosaur- *lol*. Is that a fish from dinosaur era? :P

About CM :

Reveal hidden contents

Like I said, I skipped some parts in the novel bcause the novel was very long and I was impatient, mostly about Long Qing and other supp roles. But I did skim through the parts that I missed and I didnt remember about CM and his rebellion. I thought that I missed it, but it turned out that it was indeed only in the drama.

I can only say that the drama made him looked kinda weak and...dumb?, ) which is different with his little version in the prologue episode. I was impressed by him when he was brought to the palace and being questioned by the Tang Emperor. But then, the rebellion was a careless plan. If he really cared about the Princess, then why didnt he warned his men NOT to kill her? Let's say that his men were far away from the royal family/officials, but at least they could see that it was a GIRL and wasnt the Emperor?

And I appreciate him to run and warn her, because that was indeed too suspicious. I consider that as him being cared about her, so that he wouldnt care that the plan would be exposed (btw, that just showed that he didnt have any plan B,  in case the assasination failed). 

So, I agree with the King (?) of Yan. CM is kinda useless :P

NQ is a badass already :P , and smart too. I agree about Chusen and Qin *lol*

Reveal hidden contents

About what YHY said, I think she implied to the Head of Justice Dept and the Vice Head of the Light Palace ? (Pls cmiiw)

Spoiler

Then whats the reason to kill the household if the baby not even there. Also not a big fan of Long Qing yet i just dont really like him or his light bunch .

One thing i loved about the drama is the emperor is not the typical stupid emperor he seems to know everything which i like , i also love NQ's eyebrows when he does that look :3

• Like 2

@Wotad I love that the Emperor of Tang isn’t stupid and knows what is going on in his territory. I believe that is why Fu Zi chose him because he wasn’t greedy, craving power and believes in Justice. 

Spoiler

I love what the Emperor told his daughter about wanting her happiness over anything. He talk about the losing so many children and that the rest remaining are very precious to him. Then we get a flashback from the time the Princess’s mom dies and tel her not to let anyone else take the throne but protect it for her son. But we all can see the Prince is useless and a bully. He would even try to bully a girl that his sister invited to celebrate her birthday. We also find out that the Emperor doesn’t celebrate it because that is the day her mom died. I take it as he truly loved his last empress but did his duty by remarrying. I don’t understand why the princess is so blind by it all.  I think this marriage was of a political nature but grew to love or understanding. We also know present Empress saved his life.

@rhaps @Wotad

Spoiler

The baby did come from the General’s household. Remember the babe was just conceived and the midwife was told to kill the baby. She couldn’t kill the baby so she sold the baby. In return of saving the baby , she was killed. The correct scene is The Son of Hades Tripp’s arrived at the General’s house and the midwife walked at the exact time. She tired to renters as she told them she is the midwife. They let her go. As she is walking to her destination she told the baby to be quiet and then arrived at carriage and gave the baby to mystery person. Then she was paid. While walking and counting her money , The General’s troop was finished killing everyone at the house and was riding away as they trampled her to the ground until she died.  Smh smh smh  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Wotad I love that the Emperor of Tang isn’t stupid and knows what is going on in his territory. I believe that is why Fu Zi chose him because he wasn’t greedy, craving power and believes in Justice. 

Hide contents

I love what the Emperor told his daughter about wanting her happiness over anything. He talk about the losing so many children and that the rest remaining are very precious to him. Then we get a flashback from the time the Princess’s mom dies and tel her not to let anyone else take the throne but protect it for her son. But we all can see the Prince is useless and a bully. He would even try to bully a girl that his sister invited to celebrate her birthday. We also find out that the Emperor doesn’t celebrate it because that is the day her mom died. I take it as he truly loved his last empress but did his duty by remarrying. I don’t understand why the princess is so blind by it all.  I think this marriage was of a political nature but grew to love or understanding. We also know present Empress saved his life.

@rhaps @Wotad

Hide contents

The baby did come from the General’s household. Remember the babe was just conceived and the midwife was told to kill the baby. She couldn’t kill the baby so she sold the baby. In return of saving the baby , she was killed. The correct scene is The Son of Hades Tripp’s arrived at the General’s house and the midwife walked at the exact time. She tired to renters as she told them she is the midwife. They let her go. As she is walking to her destination she told the baby to be quiet and then arrived at carriage and gave the baby to mystery person. Then she was paid. While walking and counting her money , The General’s troop was finished killing everyone at the house and was riding away as they trampled her to the ground until she died.  Smh smh smh  

Spoiler

I've read the novel, and from I can remember, the baby came from The General's neighbour, Zeng‘s residence. That's the house opposite The general's house when NQ and SS first came to Chang'an to visit NQ's old home. Because the grand priest and XH were guided by crows, and the crows flew above the house, obviously they thought the child of Hades was inside the general's house, But they were mistaken.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

You're not the only one who has a problem pronounciating -Ichtyosaur- *lol*. Is that a fish from dinosaur era? :P

Reveal hidden contents

About what YHY said, I think she implied to the Head of Justice Dept and the Vice Head of the Light Palace ? (Pls cmiiw)

Ahahahaha I know right? xD the thing that comes to my mind was big big T-Rex when I read it hahaa....

About CM in the drama

Spoiler

Yeah, CM was kinda wishy washy in his plan.... too much talking not enough bite... LOL.. but I gotta admit he can hold a grudge.... so who knows what the writers have in store for him for an additional story line. 

I just hope it won't take too much screen time from the main leads.  

• Like 3

@rhaps

Spoiler

I've read the rest of the chapter through LNMTL, a machine translation website... hahahahaa... the translation scrambled my brain, but it's worth it. 

@UnniSarah Yeah, the way I see it, the emperor is a good guy.. I kinda feel for him with how frustrated he seems to be with everything. 

I wasn't really sure about Leon Lai's Emperor when I first saw him, but now, I think he did a good job in portraying the emperor's nuances. 

Anyway.... there's actually  a running gag in how much the emperor loves to scold people as IDIOT/ Fool just like NQ hahahaa... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@rhaps  No problem. 

Spoiler

Hahahahaa.. all the reaction after NQ got to the 2nd floor is epic and everything that happen afterward is epic xD 

I do feel like the academy days before he won were tone down tho... LoL.. 

I loveeee chen Pipi.. he's so adorable.. 

The comments in viki is my fav too..haha.. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Reveal hidden contents

Hahahahaa.. all the reaction after NQ got to the 2nd floor is epic and everything that happen afterward is epic xD 

I do feel like the academy days were tone down tho... LoL.. 

I loveeee chen Pipi.. he's so adorable.. 

The time's comments in viki is my fav too..haha.. 

@lynne22  @rhaps  I

Spoiler

I They are already jealous of Ning Que. I remember the scene they had the Class party and they tried to make NQ pay for all their gifts but NG was welcomed by all the ladies. They all congratulated him for getting in the Academy though the player classmate told them it wouldn't work. LOL  LOL 
Another great scene when LQ came to the capital and the Princess's cousin was shocked to see Sang Sang drinking Wine like it was Water. LOL LOL 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5be91a93614d4d6c59

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5be91a93614d4d6c59

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5be91aec534e704645

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@rhaps   

Spoiler

I have been wondering if LQ and Sang Sang will become friends in this drama. I loved watching LQ having some kind of fun like when he was drinking WIne. LOL LOL I saw a clip of them being alone together. I actually wished Sang Sang would get other suitors in the drama but doesn't seems so from the character chart. ..:tears::tears:  Something to make NQ a bit more protective. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

This thread moves fast and I want to join in too but have not seen episode 12....waiting for subs...

Re episode 11 + prologue

Spoiler

I really laughed at their crazy attempts to read from the 2nd floor of the Old Building. Actually the depiction is their vertigo and pain as so real that I almost felt sick too and laughing. 

It was so sweet of SS to take of NQ right? Very touching and you can see again their deep bond.

The prologue was an excellent  summary of setting up the current narrative and it was BRUTAL in the second half. I was like Oh no ppl.so much gore. Ahhh. 

That aside, it clarified my understanding though about who is who and who did what to whom etc. So many ah ha light bulb moments. 

Just a question: So did the Priest of Light (old man in white - The Empeor in TROP!!) erase the memory of the Prince Uncle after he witness the Queen lifting her husband with her superpowers?

Lastly, I only wished they had shown even a short scene of NQ finding SS or the ‘Old Mans’ crew’ finding out that they failed to killed the baby etc.’ 

My official novels of Ever Night (Thai version) came today! Volumes 1 - 19. Ahh! I checked every volume has exactly 12 chapters; total of 228 chapters - about halfway to the entire series (makes sense since the publisher says 40 volume total). Update: the Thai publisher said the first season of TV drama (episodes 1 - 60) covers approximately volumes 1 - 18! 

I am trying to find that FB poll result between SS vs MSS. Will update when I do (it’s buried on the FB feed).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stella77 said:

This thread moves fast and I want to join in too but have seen episode 12....

Re episode 11 + prologue

Reveal hidden contents

I really laughed at their crazy attempts to read from the 2nd floor of the Old Building. Actually the depiction is their vertigo and pain as so real that I almost felt sick too and laughing. 

It was so sweet of SS to take of NQ right? Very touching and you can see again their deep bond.

The prologue was an excellent  summary of setting up the current narrative and it was BRUTAL in the second half. I was like Oh no ppl.so much gore. Ahhh. 

That aside, it clarified my understanding though about who is who and who did what to whom etc. So many ah ha light bulb moments. 

Just a question: So did the Priest of Light (old man in white - The Empeor in TROP!!) erase the memory of the Prince Uncle after he witness the Queen lifting her husband with her superpowers?

Lastly, I only wished they had shown even a short scene of NQ finding SS or the ‘Old Mans’ crew’ finding out that they failed to killed the baby etc.’ 

@stella77  Yes Chingu   

Spoiler

He did erase the memoru of the Prince Uncle. But did you notice THe Prince envisioned killing his brother and then he tried to kill in real life. That particular scene made me wonder if the Priest of light ( old man in White) planted that memory just show the General (son of Hades) his words in protecting him and the Empress. By having her secret revealed and covering it up so that the General  Xia Shou would defenitely Kill Lin Guang Yuan [Xuanwei General] and his entire household.  I think he manipulated this entire incident due to his faith of demon child residing in that area..  

W

What do you guys think? @Wotad @lynne22 @rhaps ??

• Like 3

Spoiler

Yes, I agree. He erased to protect the general and Empress from the Demon sect so that they all work together to set up General Lin (he has same surname as my family lol) and plot to kill the baby. Prince Uncle tried to kill his own brother for the throne but like in another episode after he fails and when the Emperor lectures him in that he lacks capability to rule...the guy isn’t receptive and just have throne/power craze. It will be interesting as the story progress...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hot_hot1975 said:

where do you watch the special episode?

I watched it on Viki. It was listed as special episode 12, I believe. I couldn’t confirm it because all of a sudden the episodes disappeared from Viki’s website. I’m not sure what’s going on there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

@rhaps @Wotad

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Honestly im not a big fan of the princess or her shitty brother either both annoying. 

• LOL 1

10 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I watched it on Viki. It was listed as special episode 12, I believe. I couldn’t confirm it because all of a sudden the episodes disappeared from Viki’s website. I’m not sure what’s going on there.

omg noo didnt get to watch episode 12 or 12.5 yet.. i got a feeling they were not supposed to release episode 12.5 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, hot_hot1975 said:

where do you watch the special episode?

@celebrianna @Wotad OMG!!!! I have seen thing like this happen. It is dues them eithe losing their license, never had a liscense or there is a glitch in Viki. I was watching a drama before and Viki was fritzy, let’s cross our finger in hoping it is a glitch. :tears::sweatingbullets::tears:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@celebrianna @Wotad OMG!!!! I have seen thing like this happen. It is dues them eithe losing their license, never had a liscense or there is a glitch in Viki. I was watching a drama before and Viki was fritzy, let’s cross our finger in hoping it is a glitch. :tears::sweatingbullets::tears:

apparently its alot of drama's currently airing from china :(

Also shows had no episodes but now have some so maybe fixing it. 

• Like 1