[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Comrades, have you ever thought how the drama ended for season 1? 

Spoiler

Has anyone ever seen a short clip about NQ was crying and shouting at the same time while holding SS? That was during his battle with Xia Hou. As my guess, EN would ended more a less like Princess Agent (even though I never watch this drama but I did peek on the final ending):D. But, that is only my guess:D. I guess, they would like to make it like SS died or something. So, those people who doesnt read the novel would think SS died or dying, which is not. But, again, this is just my guess and I may be wrong:D

• Like 2

I miss Yanse. He had a good brand of humour, the actor was awesome too. I'm also amazed that they manage to have WGM doing that ridiculous hand movement doing the duel... And WGM has the audacity to ask SS to memorise that??? :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

How many seasons are they planning anyway? Well, assuming there will be 3 seasons, my guess is:

Spoiler

S1 will climax at the NQ-XH duel, but will end with NQ-SS leaving to find a cure for her cold disease. 

S2 will be their adventure to find the cure will running away from people who initially thought that NQ is SoY and later running away from people after the revelation that SS is the DoY. The cliffhanger ending will be the fact that SS is actually HT/DoHT (I'm not clear on that) and FZ's departure. 

S3 will be the rest. Can't say much because the machine translation is soooo hard to fathom. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

Reveal hidden contents

Has anyone ever seen a short clip about NQ was crying and shouting at the same time while holding SS? That was during his battle with Xia Hou. As my guess, EN would ended more a less like Princess Agent (even though I never watch this drama but I did peek on the final ending):D. But, that is only my guess:D. I guess, they would like to make it like SS died or something. So, those people who doesnt read the novel would think SS died or dying, which is not. But, again, this is just my guess and I may be wrong:D

Yes, I believe the ending  @angelangie we think the same thing.

Spoiler

SS will try to protect NQ with her life which will trigger something in NQ forever. It looks very intense and so very sad. SS will awaken not remembering NQ and NQ will have to fight to make SS love all over again. 

I don’t think Season 2 will be similar to the novel. I am suspecting that they are going  to change quite a lot from the novel so it can be different from the novel and be epic in their mind. The changes they made doesn’t infuriate me but it can still be accepted. But these changes must make a point so i can understand why they changed it. 

I would have been willing to keep watching it. But if the main cast changes, how will it be good. The essence of the character will be good. How do we know if there will be Season 3 If Season 2 doesn’t succeed.  I am already in turmoil by the fact we lost the male lead already. This is only form my POV other could 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will still support Ever Night, despite who are the actors, as long as they are faithfull to the book, and has S1 as the minimum standard. Cant wait for the official launching for EN S2. We still have 12 eps left to enjoy CFY as NQ... Make each ep count!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes very true.....

Reveal hidden contents

unfortunately if we want to support SangSang as rumors as it that Song YiRen will remain...we will need to wait how it roll as no confirmation or anything had been founded still....what kinds of chemistry will it be generated we can't tell ....

however i know as we are so invested into this series from the S1 it will not be easy for us to accept the changes.....as you said it....the essence in the series itself will be gone.....however i think i will stay with it....i love Song YiRen as much as i love Chen FeiYu as NingQue.....i will still support Song YiRen :) unless they change the whole cast :x

@angelangie... I will do what you say and support Song Yi Ren. You are right we should stick to it because we may all be surprised by Season 2. 

• Like 1

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the feelings of loss and desperation for the final battle with Xia Hou. What I didn't like too much SS cried too much.:D

Spoiler translation for ep 47

Spoiler

NQ: It's less than a day and I'm already so lonely that it's difficult to endure. These few months while I was away in the Wilderness, how did she live alone?

more for ep 47

Spoiler

NQ: The eggs are in the rice jar when frying them add less oil, is there anyone as stingy as you? What do you mean you raised me. I picked you up from a pile of dead bodies. Killed so many horse thieves, painstakingly earned some silver teals, gave everything to you, what do you mean you raised me!

NQ: I also don't know what this little dark girl is thinking, also she didn't give me a chance to explain.

NQ: Right, I do quite like Lady Shan Shan, indeed she is quite beautiful, at least more good-looking than you. What does a little dark girl like you understand? Wasn't it you who said our family needs a Young Mistress? And you said you would give her the silver teals to manage, are you willing to part with them?

NQ: I also didn't say I would marry Lady Shan Shan right now.

NQ: You want to go out, you want to get married. Do you want to infuriate me!

NQ: Even if I want to marry you, it doesn't stop me from liking even more people. Eh... it seems...actually that doesn't really make sense.

CPP: hmm It seems actually that doesn't really make sense (repeating what NQ said).

NQ: Fatty, go away

CPP: You, take a look at our Youngest Senior Uncle, he yelled at the sky and scolded the ground. That's pride. You, take a look at yourself, you are here scolding the rocks, scolding this and scolding that all because of one little tiny little dark maid, the difference.

NQ: A useless like you who only cultivates every day, what do you understand.

CPP: You, here playing with rocks, scolding this and scolding that, can you solve the problem? Eldest Senior brother and Second senior brother are arguing because of you. All of the back mountain due to you have separated into two battlefronts.

NQ: Because of me, they split apart?

CPP: Not only this. Right now all of the back mountain, is close to fighting. I'm smart so I sneaked out.

Eldest: Junmo, if you have something to say, say it nicely. No need to get angry. I know that you are very angry, but now, this matter we must reach an agreement. Fu Zi is not here now, we are all Youngest brother's family.

JM: What is this? Marriage or marrying. (I think JM is asking if eldest is speaking about NQ's marriage or MSS marrying)

Eldest: Youngest brother is a man, naturally he can't chosemarrying (when a girl marries). Cultivators of cause need to be together with other cultivators. Of course, we also need to take into account Youngest brothers thoughts. Lady Mo has been here a few days, I think you have all seen her. I like her a lot. Youngest brother and her are getting closer. So I am very willing to see Great Lake country's Book addict and Youngest brother in marital harmony.

Seventh: As far as I know, Youngest brother and General Yun's family's Miss Situ are also very close and the Royal court's Kim Ji Cho also rewarded Youngest brothers calligraphy, his daughter Kim Mo Chai is also a possibility. If we think again in more detail, her highness Princess Li Yu and him also have many relations. If you ask me, Youngest brother definitely wouldn't be able to leave his maid Sang Sang. If he has to marry then I choose Sang Sang.

ep 48 for the MoSangs :D

Spoiler

Eldest: How is the Book addict not good?

JM: I don't know the Book addict, so naturally I don't know how she is good. But I know Sang Sang

so I think she is very good.

more for ep 48

Spoiler

NQ: Twelfth Senior brother.

CPP: Ha

NQ: I want to ask you a question.

CPP: Speak.

NQ: What do you normally like to eat the most?

CPP: I...crab porridge, that's not right, now it should be Sang Sang's sour and spicy noodle soup that I like most.

NQ: If you had to eat sour and spicy noodle soup every day, would you feel bored?

CPP: Always eating it would definitely get boring. Like, in the past I liked crab porridge, now I like sour and spicy noodle soup.

NQ: Then drinking water every day, would it get boring?

CPP: What question is that? People who don't drink water will die.

NQ: If every day you can only eat sour and spicy noodle soup and say not drink water. What will happen?

CPP: Bored to death.

NQ: What if it was the opposite, everyday you can only drink water, and not eat

sour and spicy noodle soup. Again what will happen?

CPP: Are you here insulting the Academy's number one genius's IQ?

NQ: Today I must understand, in front of you is placed a bowl of your favourite sour and spicy. noodle soup and a bowl of water. Old man Heaven only allows you to choose one but say the two cannot be combined. What should I do?

CPP: Who isn't allowing you to drink water? The noodle soup can't you drink it whenever you want to drink it?

NQ: I can't be too greedy. I can only choose one. Sang Sang will absolutely not allow me to take a concubine.

CPP: Nods

NQ: mm

CPP: NQ you! You! Pull me up. I shouldn't have given you my Heavenly pill to eat.

NQ: The Heavenly pill that saves people is gone, I ate it haha.

CPP: You come back! You come back you... You think I wanted to give you the Heavenly pill to eat. It was Sang Sang who grabbed it. When you broke the realm the sour and spicy noodle soup was also Sang Sang's. Your life object, your life object is Sang Sang. She can't leave you and you can't leave her. You don't forget. How did you two live until now? Frustrating!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, dzareth said:

How many seasons are they planning anyway? Well, assuming there will be 3 seasons, my guess is:

Hide contents

S1 will climax at the NQ-XH duel, but will end with NQ-SS leaving to find a cure for her cold disease. 

S2 will be their adventure to find the cure will running away from people who initially thought that NQ is SoY and later running away from people after the revelation that SS is the DoY. The cliffhanger ending will be the fact that SS is actually HT/DoHT (I'm not clear on that) and FZ's departure. 

S3 will be the rest. Can't say much because the machine translation is soooo hard to fathom. 

Wow! I really hope the ending would be like you said

Spoiler

and lets hope for that because I am looking forward to their journey together to find the cure:D:Das for me, NQ-SS's journey to lanke temple are much worth to watch than NQ's journey with MSS in the wasteland.

Sorry guys, I am so biased. Dont throw me stones:bawling: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the feelings of loss and desperation for the final battle with Xia Hou. What I didn't like too much SS cried too much.:D

Spoiler translation for ep 47

Reveal hidden contents

NQ: It's less than a day and I'm already so lonely that it's difficult to endure. These few months while I was away in the Wilderness, how did she live alone?

more for ep 47

Reveal hidden contents

NQ: The eggs are in the rice jar when frying them add less oil, is there anyone as stingy as you? What do you mean you raised me. I picked you up from a pile of dead bodies. Killed so many horse thieves, painstakingly earned some silver teals, gave everything to you, what do you mean you raised me!

NQ: I also don't know what this little dark girl is thinking, also she didn't give me a chance to explain.

NQ: Right, I do quite like Lady Shan Shan, indeed she is quite beautiful, at least more good-looking than you. What does a little dark girl like you understand? Wasn't it you who said our family needs a Young Mistress? And you said you would give her the silver teals to manage, are you willing to part with them?

NQ: I also didn't say I would marry Lady Shan Shan right now.

NQ: You want to go out, you want to get married. Do you want to infuriate me!

NQ: Even if I want to marry you, it doesn't stop me from liking even more people. Eh... it seems...actually that doesn't really make sense.

CPP: hmm It seems actually that doesn't really make sense (repeating what NQ said).

NQ: Fatty, go away

CPP: You, take a look at our Youngest Senior Uncle, he yelled at the sky and scolded the ground. That's pride. You, take a look at yourself, you are here scolding the rocks, scolding this and scolding that all because of one little tiny little dark maid, the difference.

NQ: A useless like you who only cultivates every day, what do you understand.

CPP: You, here playing with rocks, scolding this and scolding that, can you solve the problem? Eldest Senior brother and Second senior brother are arguing because of you. All of the back mountain due to you have separated into two battlefronts.

NQ: Because of me, they split apart?

CPP: Not only this. Right now all of the back mountain, is close to fighting. I'm smart so I sneaked out.

Eldest: Junmo, if you have something to say, say it nicely. No need to get angry. I know that you are very angry, but now, this matter we must reach an agreement. Fu Zi is not here now, we are all Youngest brother's family.

JM: What is this? Marriage or marrying. (I think JM is asking if eldest is speaking about NQ's marriage or MSS marrying)

Eldest: Youngest brother is a man, naturally he can't chosemarrying (when a girl marries). Cultivators of cause need to be together with other cultivators. Of course, we also need to take into account Youngest brothers thoughts. Lady Mo has been here a few days, I think you have all seen her. I like her a lot. Youngest brother and her are getting closer. So I am very willing to see Great Lake country's Book addict and Youngest brother in marital harmony.

Seventh: As far as I know, Youngest brother and General Yun's family's Miss Situ are also very close and the Royal court's Kim Ji Cho also rewarded Youngest brothers calligraphy, his daughter Kim Mo Chai is also a possibility. If we think again in more detail, her highness Princess Li Yu and him also have many relations. If you ask me, Youngest brother definitely wouldn't be able to leave his maid Sang Sang. If he has to marry then I choose Sang Sang.

ep 48 for the MoSangs :D

Reveal hidden contents

Eldest: How is the Book addict not good?

JM: I don't know the Book addict, so naturally I don't know how she is good. But I know Sang Sang

so I think she is very good.

more for ep 48

Reveal hidden contents

NQ: Twelfth Senior brother.

CPP: Ha

NQ: I want to ask you a question.

CPP: Speak.

NQ: What do you normally like to eat the most?

CPP: I...crab porridge, that's not right, now it should be Sang Sang's sour and spicy noodle soup that I like most.

NQ: If you had to eat sour and spicy noodle soup every day, would you feel bored?

CPP: Always eating it would definitely get boring. Like, in the past I liked crab porridge, now I like sour and spicy noodle soup.

NQ: Then drinking water every day, would it get boring?

CPP: What question is that? People who don't drink water will die.

NQ: If every day you can only eat sour and spicy noodle soup and say not drink water. What will happen?

CPP: Bored to death.

NQ: What if it was the opposite, everyday you can only drink water, and not eat

sour and spicy noodle soup. Again what will happen?

CPP: Are you here insulting the Academy's number one genius's IQ?

NQ: Today I must understand, in front of you is placed a bowl of your favourite sour and spicy. noodle soup and a bowl of water. Old man Heaven only allows you to choose one but say the two cannot be combined. What should I do?

CPP: Who isn't allowing you to drink water? The noodle soup can't you drink it whenever you want to drink it?

NQ: I can't be too greedy. I can only choose one. Sang Sang will absolutely not allow me to take a concubine.

CPP: Nods

NQ: mm

CPP: NQ you! You! Pull me up. I shouldn't have given you my Heavenly pill to eat.

NQ: The Heavenly pill that saves people is gone, I ate it haha.

CPP: You come back! You come back you... You think I wanted to give you the Heavenly pill to eat. It was Sang Sang who grabbed it. When you broke the realm the sour and spicy noodle soup was also Sang Sang's. Your life object, your life object is Sang Sang. She can't leave you and you can't leave her. You don't forget. How did you two live until now? Frustrating!

Thank you!:heart:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes we should stick to the story lols.....unless the S2 cast is making a lousy job of it.....sometimes i drop the series because i cant stand what they are doing to the wonderful story ....some production just kind of slaughter it

Cant agree more, lousy acting will ruin the story it self automatically, no feel no chemistry just like zombie :phew:, when production team slaughter their own film, why we viewes even bother to watch :huh:

Thx @satanghaesolim i really longing for the CPP n NQ translation!!!!!! Now i can sleep tight thx to you, err oh well maybe i have to rewatch a lil bit that scene LOL, really NQ should br grateful to have a friend n brother like CPP, i think he can be 2nd NQ's Life Object LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

Hide contents

i think differently.....i think S1 will end with a good note? unless they have SangSang be a Priest of Light and proceed to forget about NingQue and the S2 will start with NingQue on quest to make SangSang remember him again.....

You are right. I quite bored with the same ending as usual shown in cdrama and I really hope it would end up with a good note:D

I also quite traumatic with cdrama which many of them ended up with unexplained questions or either one of the main role dies at the end.

• Like 3

@angelangie credit NingQue for being able to hold on to his promise with SangSang  

WHAT promise?  

This whole SS & NQ couple thing is freakin' me out!  WHEN?  WHERE?  I know he loves her, but I thought it was like a sister!   She is just a little girl!  Plus, she calls him "young master."  

He is a general's son, she is a little straggler orphan from who knows where... 

Aye yi yi~ the more I read of this forum, the most confuserated I get!  

What's up the the red, shining eyes?  It's the devil-thing, right?  Wasn't that part of the Haoran (whatever spelling) sword-style/technique/study/school?  As his abilities increase, doesn't the 'dark side' crappola begin to assert?  

Seriously, reading these posts makes me wonder if we are watching the same series and/or how I am so far apart in perception from the rest of the people watching.  There is some crazy shittola going on, mostly in my head?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, watchumlots said:

@angelangie credit NingQue for being able to hold on to his promise with SangSang  

WHAT promise?  

This whole SS & NQ couple thing is freakin' me out!  WHEN?  WHERE?  I know he loves her, but I thought it was like a sister!   She is just a little girl!  Plus, she calls him "young master."  

What's up the the red, shining eyes?  It's the devil-thing, right?  Wasn't that part of the Haoran (whatever spelling) sword-style/technique/study/school?  As his abilities increase, doesn't the 'dark side' crappola begin to assert?  

Seriously, reading these posts makes me wonder if we are watching the same series and/or how I am so far apart in perception from the rest of the people watching.  There is some crazy shittola going on, mostly in my head?  

I only have one advise for you. Time to read the novel:joy:

Yeah, right. Some viewers who are not familiar with the book would think they are more look like siblings - which is not:D

I also used to have a similiar question as you, why NQ not telling SS to call him "brother" but "young master. Before came to chang'an, she called him by his name, NQ. But, after they left Wei city, she started to call him that way. That was a quite enough proof that NQ never treated her or have thought or intention to have SS as his sister. As what he said before, he occationally thought of making SS his wife once she grown up. So, by her calling him younger master is does more make sense. By then, he also can "own" SS whenever he wants. The only way to keep her by his side - forever. 

During the fight, both in novel and drama, NQ clearly said that he is the head of the household. As long as he says no or yes of something related to SS, no one can prevent that. Meaning, he has an authorization on SS's life. He is her master. And he owns her. (That's why I often mentioned NQ very obsessed towards SS). But, all these are only my opinion. I may be wrong:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@watchumlots LOL sorry to be confusing.... we mostly talk about the current raw episode inside of spoiler, and the current subs episode outside of spoiler if that is any help :D

Anyway.... @Wotad because you asked this yesterday... hehe... 3,5 billion watchers now... I'm looking forward to more posters from the other actors for this announcement :lol:

Thank you its doing well and is Tencents best drama im pretty sure

12 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

Hide contents

Even if that happens we know were getting a S2.. im shocked there was no Princess Agent season two with how big it was.

9 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Yes, I believe the ending  @angelangie we think the same thing.

Hide contents

SS will try to protect NQ with her life which will trigger something in NQ forever. It looks very intense and so very sad. SS will awaken not remembering NQ and NQ will have to fight to make SS love all over again. 

I don’t think Season 2 will be similar to the novel. I am suspecting that they are going  to change quite a lot from the novel so it can be different from the novel and be epic in their mind. The changes they made doesn’t infuriate me but it can still be accepted. But these changes must make a point so i can understand why they changed it. 

I would have been willing to keep watching it. But if the main cast changes, how will it be good. The essence of the character will be good. How do we know if there will be Season 3 If Season 2 doesn’t succeed.  I am already in turmoil by the fact we lost the male lead already. This is only form my POV other could 

S2 is entirely based on how they get to replace the actors if they are good then S2 will be good. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I will still support Ever Night, despite who are the actors, as long as they are faithfull to the book, and has S1 as the minimum standard. Cant wait for the official launching for EN S2. We still have 12 eps left to enjoy CFY as NQ... Make each ep count!

I agree so will i. 

1 hour ago, watchumlots said:

WHAT promise?  

Is he actually the general's son? i thought he was a servant. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Anyway.... @Wotad because you asked this yesterday... hehe... 3,5 billion watchers now... I'm looking forward to more posters from the other actors for this announcement :lol:

Thanks for the updated view figures @lynne22  Don't hate me guys but does anyone else think Third Prince isn't bad looking?  It's just that his garbage personality makes him unattractive.  Also he has great hair! I have hair envy! It's like a brunette male version of Marilyn Monroe in this gif. :Pgiphy.gif

20 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av38099076.html

^another wonderful 2nd brother/SS MV! I love it :wub:

Yes!  Rise MoSang!  RISE!!!!!:naughty:

17 hours ago, stella77 said:

Just saw 39 + 40 

Reveal hidden contents

The scenes of people finding out about SS having a Shifu and chess games are cute. Everyone is really clueless about SS’s potential and abilities.

Gah the battle between Master YS vs Master WGM was soooooo emotional and yet funny (paper rock scissors, the rainbow, the fireworks turning into the milky way gah!) I cried laughed (T.T). So beautifully filmed and acted too. I have enjoyed their scenes as teachers to NQ and SS so much. And even having SS as a witness but the real witness are also 2nd bro and CPP. I have to watch 41 Raw just to see how it goes. 

I really, really wish WGM could have stuck around and or we could have seen more of him training SS for longer.  Their scenes together were wonderful.

14 hours ago, dzareth said:

I miss Yanse. He had a good brand of humour, the actor was awesome too. I'm also amazed that they manage to have WGM doing that ridiculous hand movement doing the duel... And WGM has the audacity to ask SS to memorise that??? :D

I miss both those old men.  That final battle was incredible:tears: I haven't watched him previously but Yan Se's actor was so good.  I am also glad WGM redeemed himself somewhat and was so good to SS in the end.  I thought I would dislike him until the end after his earlier actions and I was already subconsciously biased against him because I hated his character in The Rise of Phoenixes. 

13 hours ago, dzareth said:

Hide contents

I think this is likely how things will go if they get 3 seasons.  I thought we would get the big reveal this series but there's no way there are enough episodes left.  I do agree with @UnniSarah they will have to make some significant changes during the second and especially third season (if it happens) as from what I've gets way too grim and bloody. No way it will get pass the censors and it won't be enjoyable watching for the audience.

11 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:

Thanks so much for the translations (Yay! More MoSang too:D) !  The lines are closer to the novel than I was expecting.  The drama is lighter in tone in places and in characterisation but I guess that is inevitable. Chen PiPi is such a good friend.  He must be Deputy President in the Sang Sang Fanclub after Jun Mo:lol:

4 hours ago, watchumlots said:

What episodes are you on?  Lots of the other knowledgeable posters here can answer your questions.  Do you mind spoilers?

• LOL 5