[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

30 minutes ago, angelangie said:

this is the part where Chen PiPi & NingQue got talking about the type of choice NingQue will made :D 

Hide contents

When I look at that, I only focusing on NQ's long fingers. He look likes a salesman who wanted to sell something to CPP:joy:

23 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Here is our 1st n 2nd Brother :wub:

Ughhhhh... My heart is sparkling unstoppable:D:heart: second brother:heart:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, heartbroken101 said:

i think.. i an the sole person who likes MSS personally and ship her with NQ :bawling:.. everyone hating on her?? huhuhuuuhu

I like her but I don’t ship her with NQ. 

@epinklyn, thanks for that photo of first and second brother. As I’ve said before, I find second brother hawt.:love:  I love looking at him in every single scene even with that hat that @angelangie doesn’t like. :lol:

• LOL 6

3 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I like her but I don’t ship her with NQ. 

@epinklyn, thanks for that photo of first and second brother. As I’ve said before, I find second brother hawt.:love:  I love looking at him in every single scene even with that hat that @angelangie doesn’t like. :lol:

Oh my... Someone is also admiring him here:D

#hidingundertheblanket

What?! @angelangie tell me the reason why you dont like his hat? Why? Why?:tears:

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, toninha said:

I only have two complains about Ever Night, the romance between NQ and MSS was given too much time and more importance than it as in the novel, when I read it I felt that for NQ it was a crush because she was beautifull and both share the calligraphy as a passion but in the drama it looks more like love. Also hated that they made SS so weak, why all the crying when finally NQ finds her after she run away???  She is young but she is suppose to be intelligent and strong,  I don’t mind her crying but I think it was too much to the point of wailing, complete opposite of her personality.

For me the drama lost momentum when NQ went to wilderness let’s hope than in the last episodes it can recover the magic that is NQ and SS together, for me their natural chemistry and amazing cinematography are the  reason I love the show. 

It’s like you read my mind and wrote my thoughts. I’d like to single out the wilderness part though. It really slowed down the pace and interest for me. I was thinking the other Academy students would be part of the arc too but instead we got long scenes of NQ and MSS bonding while trekking alone through snowy plains which was less interesting than the politics of those scenes when old auntie was trying to frame and accuse people until Fu Zi gave her a resounding smack with his long arm. 

I also don’t like hearing how SS reacted after NQ left her parents home. I also thought that if SS made the decision to leave home she should have prepared her heart with the same determination with which she left. She does sound different from the SS in the novel that you guys tell us about.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Oh my... Someone is also admiring him here:D

#hidingundertheblanket

What?! @angelangie tell me the reason why you dont like his hat? Why? Why?:tears:

Imaginary conversation, NQ talk to 2nd Brother

NQ: 2nd brother, you are really tall...

JunMo: thank you, i know...

NQ: since you are very tall, then dont wear such a tall hat... *runningaway

JunMo: Ning Queeeeeeee!!!!

• LOL 7

@pad-hari @Snow Guardian

I try not to give out too much spoiler if not asked because not everyone is comfortable knowing to much.. which I totally understand hehe... me myself... I love spoiler hehe.. coz when I know what's in the character head.. I can understand the story better....

Anyway.. about your question.. this is a bit too long to explain... so I’ll PM you.. 

---------------------------------------

After properly watching ep 47-48 I don't know what to say.. a bit disappointed if I'm being honest with how they wrote NQ LOL.. but..ahhh oh well... what can we do...   :( Right now, I'm just relieved that this particular story line is over.. 

---------------------------------------

Anyway... I still think the approach on how they do the Devil Cult and fighting in the drama is wrong... I'm not complaining this as a book reader... I just think that it looks like they are just focusing on the devil appearance. The fighting scenes got dragged down because of it. If you remember, other Devil sect member, Tang, Tang xiao tang etc.. they can still fight like normal people altho TXT is faster.. but NQ's is too over.....  

After I've watched ep 39 with sub, I still think how NQ joins the devil is still not clear...... it only shows that NQ receive Ke haoran's sword ability.. and then.. Lian Sheng talking blablabla that you have to join the devil to be able to master it.. and then NQ says I have join... My reaction after this was :  eh.. what??? when did that happen again?  

However... I have another thought about why NQ's devil ability is too overdone... could this have something to do with what Lian Sheng gave him.. so his devil ability is too strong?.. Does anyone else have another thought? 

My understanding from the book, the difference normal cultivator and demon cult is how they use the energy around them. They are just normal people with a harder body because of how they cultivate. So how the drama handles this is something I have yet to understand….. 

As I said before I don't have problem with the Talisman's approach, because I don't think it hinders the fighting scene etc.... but this one do. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What have you done to me @Snow Guardian:joy: I have now found the machine translated version again and gone into a rabbit hole of being half-confused and still somehow still enjoying the story with some skipping of stuff to get to NQ-SS goodness.

So for those outraged at how NQ-MSS relationship is portrayed in the drama and hope you have seen the last of her...

Spoiler

MSS will have significant encounters with NQ-SS at least two times and she continues to be the important catalyst to them talking about their relationship honestly.  SS clearly believes that NQ likes MSS, maybe not with the same depth as with her but enough where she will continue to feel it as a threat.  NQ is not the type of person who seem to be able to clearly know his feelings only that he has complicated feelings toward MSS but SS is his life.  As we know SS knows him better than he knows himself.

So maybe the writer is thinking about this for continuing with season 2 and beyond.  That they have to show it more clearly and for SS to see it because otherwise, SS actions later will look like being jealous for no reason.

This is around after they reunited again after SS becomes "Vast Sky" or is that the "Goddess of light"  https://lnmtl.com/chapter/ever-night-book-5-chapter-889.  It gets pretty dark and graphic and with the confusing translations I think it's better you get your own impression than me trying to explain it.

By the way beginning chapter 904 is when MSS gets roped in to NQ-SS now dysfunctional relationship.  At this point I feel so sorry for her cause all she did wrong is like somebody :tired:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, heartbroken101 said:

i think.. i an the sole person who likes MSS personally and ship her with NQ :bawling:.. everyone hating on her?? huhuhuuuhu

Did you read the book?

If i didnt know book stuff i would ship them as well.

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

That is a big issue of the drama they dont explain stuff very well like how he got trained etc.. barely show any of it.  They did this with his master's as well he got stuff from them but you barely see any of the training

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Its second brother! *Sparkling eyes*:heart:

I wish NQ would get jealous because of SS closeness with 2nd bro:lol:

I feel like NQ low key did get jealous when they were fighting at SS parents house when NQ threatened to burn the whole manor down if they don't give SS back to him and SS came out and said "let him do it and then tell 2nd brother he will teach him a lesson" and NQ grabbed her and said "you call 2nd brother so intimately is he my 2nd brother or yours?" :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

5 hours ago, lynne22 said:

However... I have another thought about why NQ's devil ability is too overdone... could this have something to do with what Lian Sheng gave him.. so his devil ability is too strong?.. Does anyone else have another thought? 

Yes, I thought so.  Since liang Sheng is going to die, he transferred his whole devil energy to him.  So in drama they are showing it too hype.  In the book NQ as far as I know, I don't remember NQ fighting monk Daoshi by devil energy at all.  CMIIW.  And there will be 2 monks he will kill, isn't it?  But the drama shows only one buddhist monk Daoshi.  And also he will be super cool after that fight and heavily injured and will never request CPP to take care of SS as he has messed with oldie QM's son and now his life is in danger.  So too many additional inclusions in drama.  Actually he will fight with the monk very fiercely as he was super frustrated since SS will not return with him.  Anyhow I have to wait for the subs to actually understand how this scenario in the drama is being done.

Edit:

Waahhhhh!!!! @kiara_bleu, u r killing me with ur spoilers coz of @Snow Guardian.  But I like spoilers.  Keep it coming though!!!!!! :heart::love:

More edit:

Spoiler

So, NQ he still regrets that MSS is one helluva chick to miss out, Haaaaa!!!!!!!!  Which makes our SS more guilty towards NQ.  

Edited by pad-hari
Added more to the post
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Cheng Chao said:

@kiara_bleu lol, trying to read the machine translation is like trying to understand YODA from starwars...

I agree with you @Cheng Chao  I think I will wait for the real translation of the novel. Although I do understand what was translated. One think is clear to me I will tel you in Spoile tag. Lol lol 

Spoiler

OmG!!!!! I think I understand what kind of story is being told . This is a story about  Soumates and how soulmates can be an object or human. NQ ans SS are soulmates and perfect for each other. If you guys want to read the machine version Chaotee 486 can clearly help u better understand what is going from Chapter 889. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yes, I thought so.  Since liang Sheng is going to die, he transferred his whole devil energy to him.  So in drama they are showing it too hype.  In the book NQ as far as I know, I don't remember NQ fighting monk Daoshi by devil energy at all.  CMIIW.  And there will be 2 monks he will kill, isn't it?  But the drama shows only one buddhist monk Daoshi.  And also he will be super cool after that fight and heavily injured and will never request CPP to take care of SS as he has messed with oldie QM's son and now his life is in danger.  So too many additional inclusions in drama.  Actually he will fight with the monk very fiercely as he was super frustrated since SS will not return with him.  Anyhow I have to wait for the subs to actually understand how this scenario in the drama is being done.

There were two monk challenge NQ, one from Lan Ke, Monk KuaiHuai (CMIIW) on ep 46 and from Yue Lun Monk DaoCe son of Master QuNi in ep 48 , yes their battle is so different with the book.

Dont know about the evil energy that always comes whenever NQ try to fight with his Qi. It really looks like the beast in the cave that bite and absorbs YHY energy, maybe it is Lian Sheng's PenMingWu that being inherited to NQ?  That's why Lian Sheng vanishe, because he transfered his PenMingWu. So NQ only inherited the beast LOL (drama version). CMIIW 

But i think @lynne22 got the point, i also feel strange whenever NQ unleashed his evil sect, his expression lol. And on ep 39, the part NQ inherited KeHaoRan HaoRanSword, not fully showed as well, that i also feel unsatisfied, i thought he was fell unconscious, but suddenly he woke up, tadaaaa. Different with the book though.

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

u know this is kinda true? :D 

So glad everyone like it LOL

• Like 4

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Thank you for the link! 

@lynne22 I agree I do not like the way they portray NQ's fight with the Devil sect power.  It makes the fights less compelling as so much focus seems to be on the special effects and him making "intense" facial expressions rather than the fight itself. Maybe it will get better when he can control it?

10 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

So for those outraged at how NQ-MSS relationship is portrayed in the drama and hope you have seen the last of her...

Reveal hidden contents

MSS will have significant encounters with NQ-SS at least two times and she continues to be the important catalyst to them talking about their relationship honestly.  SS clearly believes that NQ likes MSS, maybe not with the same depth as with her but enough where she will continue to feel it as a threat.  NQ is not the type of person who seem to be able to clearly know his feelings only that he has complicated feelings toward MSS but SS is his life.  As we know SS knows him better than he knows himself.

So maybe the writer is thinking about this for continuing with season 2 and beyond.  That they have to show it more clearly and for SS to see it because otherwise, SS actions later will look like being jealous for no reason.

This is around after they reunited again after SS becomes "Vast Sky" or is that the "Goddess of light"  https://lnmtl.com/chapter/ever-night-book-5-chapter-889.  It gets pretty dark and graphic and with the confusing translations I think it's better you get your own impression than me trying to explain it.

By the way beginning chapter 904 is when MSS gets roped in to NQ-SS now dysfunctional relationship.  At this point I feel so sorry for her cause all she did wrong is like somebody :tired:

Interesting. so I guess they might be setting up SS inferiority complex towards MSS for later conflict too.

5 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

I feel like NQ low key did get jealous when they were fighting at SS parents house when NQ threatened to burn the whole manor down if they don't give SS back to him and SS came out and said "let him do it and then tell 2nd brother he will teach him a lesson" and NQ grabbed her and said "you call 2nd brother so intimately is he my 2nd brother or yours?" :P

:lol:How satisfying if NQ is the jealous one for once! I love SS bringing up Jun Mo,  President of the Sang Sang  fanclub :P

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

some gif founds on the fight in the rain with NingQue and Old Chao

:heart:The gifs made me watch the Old Spring Pavilion scenes again. The directing,  fight choreography, the lighting, the cinematography, the sound design, the music, the sfx, the use of slow motion! Just amazing! I think this is the episode that got a lot of people hooked on this drama. It definitely did for me! I hope the battle at the end of the series can compete.

Does anyone know if will see old Chao again this series?  I miss him! It says a lot for the charisma of the actor and the character that he made such a big impression in 8 episodes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

some gif founds on the fight in the rain with NingQue and Old Chao :) 

cr: as tagged

For me it's the best fight scene in the drama:)

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 5