[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@rhaps 

Reveal hidden contents

Omg! That scene....  :wub: 

NQ's doting eyes when he looks at SS while warming her feet... aghhhh.. don't it make you smilee??? SS slept with such a happy smile....   I had the biggest grin when I look at that scene.... :wub: 

And in another scene, when he gave her wine.... I can't remember the episode... he ask her "Does the wine taste good?" with another doting eyes.... arghh.....  so sweet... and SS replies back with the sweetest smile too...

So sweettt.. so sweet.... :wub:

@lynne22 and @rhaps Thanks for the info chingu.

Spoiler

I do agree these scenes just warm my heart so much as I watch these two together. He dotes on her a lot. But we must admit that Ning Que is also changing as he meets other woman. His attitude towards her changes but his protectiveness doesn't change. I especially loved this scene 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5be77946454a333459

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, coffeereads said:

If I read the novel, what chapter would we be in right now? is the flow same as the drama? Are there english translations of the novel?

A novel become a drama there are many differnet moments .The novel is slow ,the drama is fast! And some moments is very very hard to show in the drama!!! 

I think , the novel is more interesting!

https://mechamushroomtranslations.wordpress.com/jiang-ye-informationindex/

Jiang Ye  is Ever Night.

• Like 4

Grand Priest of Justice had said that the Infinite Everlasting Lamp is weak at this moment (in EP 10 about 12:30).So the Lamp can't protect the person who belong to the Light Palace Hall as usual.But the Lamp still forbid the energy,no one can use  energy to fight at the Light Palace Hall.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, rhaps said:

No wonder..I've watched ep 10 but I dont remember that part. I've watched part 12 in raws, so still waiting for the eng sub 

@rhaps  Have you watcged Episode 12  Special??? Only check the spoiler box if you saw the Special.

Spoiler

Who do you think is the child of Hades????  I suspect the baby that was taken from Ning Que's household the day everyone was assasinated. The Identity of the baby is Sang Sang. LOL LOL I maybe right

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@lynne22 and @rhaps Thanks for the info chingu.

Hide contents

I do agree these scenes just warm my heart so much as I watch these two together. He dotes on her a lot. But we just admit that Ning Que is also changing as he meets other woman. His attitude towards her changes but his protectiveness does change. I especially loved this scene 

@UnniSarah 

Spoiler

in the last line you mean his protectiveness doesn't change? I agree.. it's called growth for a reason.. :wub:

@owawa Yeah there's plus and minus in the adaptation. 

My thoughts on subbed ep 9-10 focusing on Chong Ming and The emperor and going back to ep 06-07 towards Li Peiyan

Spoiler

So, the additional story line of Chong Ming's meeting etc and assassination attempt is not in the book.

I find it interesting because in the book CM is not that fleshed out, and aside from knowing he's going to be the king of Yan, there's not much that the writer talk about him. 

I know that CM and Li Yu consider them self friend, eventho there will always be a line between them because of their country. 

Here, in the drama I see that CM looks to be someone bidding their time, and can hold a grudge for a long time.... so I'm guessing that perhaps in the future (Drama plot) he will have more role to play.

Based from I see so far, CM has been instructed by the Yan King and has meeting regularly with spies planted in Tang Empire with helps by Xiling. 

His failed attempt to cause chaos in the academy examination, proves 2 things to me:

1. Even tough he hates the empire, but he doesn't necessarily hates Li Yu, because she's his friend. He is more real in front of her than in front of the emperor. He's fake.. so fake in front of the emperor.

2. He Mingchi, is someone planted by xiling as a spy for them in the Tang empire and also CM's dealing. I'm surprised his role is revealed so soon in this drama... I had to wait till almost 700+ chapters till I know who he truly serves, which is xiling...  

The highlight for both of the episode for me is that The emperor even tough he didn't say much, also know that the assassination attempt is for him, not Li Yu, and he knows that it's on CM's command. 

Emperor's word to CM "don't be a tool for other people" is a strong statement that he also knows and guessed that xiling is also has an involvement with CM and Yan's meeting.

But, he's still willing to give CM a chance again, because he CM saves Li Yu, so he's turning a blind eye for now... that's the meaning of his advise to CM for me, hoping CM can understand and not repeat this anymore. 

And it all ties back with Chao Xiaoshu's event in ep 6-7, the emperor doesn't look like someone that would give harsh dealing to others if it doesn't reach his bottom line.

Because the Fish dragon Gang is actually formed by himself to stabilize the city etc, he won't allow them to be destroyed. Even if the instigator is his own brother. Li Peiyan. 

I see here (in the drama) for a long time, The emperor always turn a blind eye towards his brother, but for Chao Xiaoshu's event, he won't stand by... but still I find that Li Peiyan got away a little too easy.. the other minister tho wasn't so lucky.

It's not shown here.. but in the book the ministers he called out in the court was replaced after his event. And I think this is the meaning of Chao xiaoshu in ep 6, when he says that "He (meaning the emperor) needs me to be successful in the battle tonight. Because he wants to know if his opponent has any hidden agenda.

Meaning: 

- does this matter is not just about Fish Dragon gang or is it more wider scale aka rebellion? 

- does it also have CM and xiling's involvement?

The answer for me is it's just about Fish dragon gang, even tho CM do have a hand in having his spy creating instigating matters to Li Peiyan's mind, it's more toward making trouble in the capital than about their rebellion. So it's still internal matter. 

Another thought, I think the Emperor still turn a blind eye toward Li Peiyan wanting the throne because he feels guitly a little.. that's why when  Li peiyan acts pitiful in front of the emperor in ep 06, he got away more easily than the ministers. 

Btw,  The Fish dragon gang's translation name in viki -Ichtyosaur- is so hard to pronounce even reading it is hard... ahaha.. I had to stop and stare at it for awhile :sweatingbullets: Does anyone has the same problem?

@rhaps 

Spoiler

They are so cute! Argghhhhh hahahaa.. I love her when she talk back to NQ. 

She knows him so well. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@celebrianna.... Welcome to this thread chingu. It’s been awhile since watching the same drama chingu. 

How do you like it so far??? If you are up to Episode 12  please use tags for you POV for the episodes. Looking forward to you post chingu. I want this thread to be popular. :)

@UnniSarah, thanks for the welcome chingu. ^_^ I started watching this yesterday and I really enjoy the story so far. I like that the story have many diverse characters involving at least three peoples, Tang,  Xiling (I think that’s how it’s spelt lol) and the defeated Yan. It certainly makes the story feel grand with all the politics, plots and pugilist world. I like that kind of backdrop.

However, besides several interesting characters like the gang leader, I have a burning curiosity about Sang Sang, Ning Que and the Xiling second prince. I’d like to know why Ning Que cannot cultivate or rather why his points are sealed and if he’ll manage to overcome this. I’d also like to know why Sang Sang periodically suffer from cold chills. As to the second prince from Xiling, I’m simply curious about him.

I haven’t watched episode 12 yet because Viki didn’t finish the subtitles the last time I checked.

• Like 3

I saw someone say this show has SLOW PLOT lmfao i couldnt help but laugh at that comment its quite fast paced in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@UnniSarah, thanks for the welcome chingu. ^_^ I started watching this yesterday and I really enjoy the story so far. I like that the story have many diverse characters involving at least three peoples, Tang,  Xiling (I think that’s how it’s spelt lol) and the defeated Yan. It certainly makes the story feel grand with all the politics, plots and pugilist world. I like that kind of backdrop.

However, besides several interesting characters like the gang leader, I have a burning curiosity about Sang Sang, Ning Que and the Xiling second prince. I’d like to know why Ning Que cannot cultivate or rather why his points are sealed and if he’ll manage to overcome this. I’d also like to know why Sang Sang periodically suffer from cold chills. As to the second prince from Xiling, I’m simply curious about him.

I haven’t watched episode 12 yet because Viki didn’t finish the subtitles the last time I checked.

Hes the MC in a fantasy world he will unlock it some how ;p 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

However, besides several interesting characters like the gang leader, I have a burning curiosity about Sang Sang, Ning Que and the Xiling second prince

@celebrianna... I too am curious about the Xiling Second Prince. Sadly he really believes in the Heavenly Light. His belief is so strong in what he fights for. I pity him for living in a place where everyone is trying to kill him and I hope he gets stronger

@Wotad

Spoiler

What does MC stand for??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I saw someone say this show has SLOW PLOT lmfao i couldnt help but laugh at that comment its quite fast paced in my opinion. 

I wasn’t sure if he would because there has been fantasy stories where the main character seriously lack talent throughout but his ability to “influence” others was his passability for being a hero.

@UnniSarah, at least he seem to have that arrogant female warrior now. Still, if all those powerful men are after his life I’m not sure how long he will last.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Ning Que can't cultivate because most people simply can't. In this world, most people's points are sealed, thus only few become masters. He's really just an ordinary guy besides his strong will. As for unblocking his points or not , just wait for ep 15.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

I havent watched it, but I read the spoilers anyway *lol*. The translations havent reached that part, but I have my own predictions too and it's pretty much the same *lol*

I  haven't say that about 12 special.  Just 12,  not the 12 special.they are different. LOL~~~!!

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@celebrianna... I too am curious about the Xiling Second Prince. Sadly he really believes in the Heavenly Light. His belief is so strong in what he fights for. I pity him for living in a place where everyone is trying to kill him and I hope he gets stronger

@Wotad

Hide contents

What does MC stand for??

MC stands for main character.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I wasn’t sure if he would because there has been fantasy stories where the main character seriously lack talent throughout but his ability to “influence” others was his passability for being a hero.

@UnniSarah, at least he seem to have that arrogant female warrior now. Still, if all those powerful men are after his life I’m not sure how long he will last.

true maybe it would be like that but china rarely has drama's like that . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finished watching episode 12 and I have two questions.

How did Chen Jia save Long Qing? Did the flower bloom from her power or was it something Long Qing did? I’m confused because Chen Jia seem to tell Long Qing that he saved himself because his light caused the flower to blossom off the dead tree.

Another question I have is when the red clad female warrior seem to imply to Long Qing that the attack on the Peach Blossom Hall was an inside job. Then he seemed to come to a realization and looked up the mountain. Was she implying that Chen Jia could not be trusted or someone else?

Sang Sang is so adorable. I wish she had a bigger role in the story. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wotad said:

^ This person should not watch TROP lol 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

After watching the special episode I realized that General Lin is Fu Yao’s handsome daddy. :lol: Just wait until Ning Que find out the reason for the slaughter of the General’s family. 

I can't wait for him to find out too @celebrianna

Spoiler

This special episode should have aired in my opinions. The chinese has to many restriction on what can air or not.  What do you think of the Grand Priest of Light? Was he right to do wha he tdid. This slaughter of an entire household was a waste since they never got the child they were looking for? 

Another thing that bothers me is the Rumor that the Princess will cause chaos for the kingdom?? I really hate superstitions. They cause so much destructions in their wake and later on you find out it was B.S

Now we know the King knows his wife's real identity and he is a smart King. He learns and wants his people to be at peace. I can't quite figure out the Queen. At times I feel she has feelings for her brother and that she loves the KING and his children. But in an earlier scene it felt like she didn't love the Princess at all. I hope we get to find out the truth.  

• Like 2