[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

14 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Dont expect just flow with it lols if u really read....he wasn’t cold he was stilling himself against his decision to leave sangsang behind...if he could he would have bring her together 

I know he wanted to take her with him. It’s just the 2 second clips of her running to him made it seem something else until I the whole scene. Thanks to @satanghaesolim translation of of that scene.  Just made me squeal. :wub::wub:

• Like 1

Spoiler

With all jokes about him trying to get another totem and him jokingly saying before...."Beware here comes my totem item SS!" At the end he still end up using SS during his fight with XH.

I must be infatuated because I love it when the wind blows his hair and it falls into place. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The trailer for ep.37-40

OMG!!! why the 3rd prince tormenting our SS?  I think he fell for her when he saw her in the women's clothes at the princess's place.  hahaha, when he tried to hug her, she became WGM.:joy:

Oh, NQ really fell in love with MSS!!!!! 

BTS NQ with SS & chen pipi.  they are so cute.  

EDIT:

I suppose this is the BTS for the upcoming episode. 

Spoiler

When Xiotang joins the academy, she is being punished by the third sister and chen pipi helps her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:46 AM, rhaps said:

Regarding NQ's desperations, yeah I also feel that the novel version is more desperate. I think it's because the drama shows a lot of other characters and their development, while IMHO, they should just replace some parts (like the annoying Prince with his spoiled attitudes..seriously, do we need to see him often? ) with NQ's flashbacks instead, in order to show more about his sufferings when he was a child. Right now, we only have the flashbacks of the massacre in the general's house (which they repeated over and over again) and a bit of NQ's running from soldiers. 

I totally agree with this.  I am really enjoying this drama and there is love so much I love about it but I would also have liked to see more flashbacks to emphasise the depth of what Ning Que and Sang Sang have been through together over the years.  It's only from reading posts from book readers that I realise how much they struggled for years with just each other to rely on. 

I feel like it isn't made that clear in the drama that aside from revenge SS is the only reason has NQ survived to make it this far. How when NQ was near death and felt abandoned by the whole world, he found a tiny baby girl also abandoned by the whole world and that gave him the motivation to survive so she could survive.  How SS was also an important link to keeping him humane and sane otherwise he would have just turned into a completely revenge driven bloodthirsty madman. 

This is where some flashbacks showing their life before like showing little NQ looking after baby SS, fearing for her when she was sick with the chiling disease (I wish they had explained her sickness better in the drama too), using the little money he had on doctors, surviving before NQ joined the border soldiers would have really emphasized their relationship. 

I don't know if it's for budgetary reasons we only see the same two flashbacks from NQ's past (massacre and on the run from the soldiers) but I think they missed an opportunity to show the connection between NQ-SS.  Fortunately,  Chen Fei Yu and Song Yi Ren have excellent and believable chemistry and the drama provides some exposition but  the advantage of dramas should be they can show scenes like this rather than having to use our imagination like when reading.  Like @rhaps said I think it would have been much better use of screen time to concentrate on NQ-SS's relationship than some of the scenes with supporting characters which don't add much to the overall story.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

Hi! Will someone kindly let me know if NQ and SS reunite this week from the wilderness? Probably not right? 

I just don't want to watch it, if I'm just going to see NQ with MSS all week lol. I'll wait to catch up after next week's episodes airs so I can see NQ and SS reunite

Two weeks from Now , our OTP will be reunited boohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifboohoo-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif @littlemissmiss  . I too wanted them back together this week but they have a long journey ahead of them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Can you tell me which chapter is on?

Chapter 497: Another dream

I got so addicted I just continued after reading chapters 357-359.

Actually I am new to these types of Chinese dramas.  These are very heavy weight and so complicated genres with lot of characters to remember.  So I just stay away from any of my comments and just enjoy the soompiers posts here. I have just started these type of dramas and try to understand the various situations and scenarios from others posts.  So thank you all for the detailed posts discussed here.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

LOL.. actualy I think OTP might meet again next week.. maybe around ep 41/42. Hehe.. don't trust the spoiler teaser number.. its misleading..... :lol:

Anyway... for anyone missing Chao xiaoshu, don't worry he'll appear again.. Maybe not so soon. But he will hehe.... and

Spoiler

possibly with a significant other too if they follow the book.. :phew:

0068hE0kgy1fxq0itpe22j30qo12baoz.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Since I have finally caught to the fight at Chao mansion. THis fight scene is way better on paper than in the drama. I still loved it on screen but I was more on edge while I was reading it. 

@angelangie  It is just sad that the  Prince thinks he can do whatever he wants since NQ is gone. HE chooses to act like he can do whatever he wants. He should have used his brains to try another way for SS to like him. Instead of being so forceful. 

Spoiler

OMG The Princes is the next person that Xiling spy is going to use to get the chance to kill The Empresses SOn.  SHe is so dumb, she is going to let that man use her. Smh SMh SMh  I kinda digged the nightmare the Princess had to go through. LOL LOL 

• Like 1

Heehheheehehee.. because he ended up hugging WGM :joy:

--------------------

Anyway... the people on weibo is pretty funny.....

This tag started to trend since yesterday...... 桑桑 留守女友..... I think angie can explain this better... LoL. 

But yeah.... its sad watching SS missing NQ. :tears:

• LOL 1

Can I vent my frustrations at the bad English subs for episode 25? Gahhhhhhhh. I'm trying to watch but not understanding fully is so very annoying. Also, I started the novel - volume 1 and wow, the early episodes of this drama really adapted from the novel - by the scenes. 

• Like 3

@UnniSarah, isn't the prince name Hanyuan or something.  What is the expansion of SWZ?  

WOW, Chao xioashu is hot.  

How many episodes air per week?  Where can I see the updated raw episodes aired so far?

Is this novel ending h.e.a for our OTP.  Is the novel over yet or ongoing? Becoz I was curious and straightaway went to ch.603 (recently translated)and kind of wary abt it.please clarify.  Thanks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@UnniSarah, isn't the prince name Hanyuan or something.  What is the expansion of SWZ?  

WOW, Chao xioashu is hot.  

How many episodes air per week?  Where can I see the updated raw episodes aired so far?

Is this novel ending h.e.a for our OTP.  Is the novel over yet or ongoing? Becoz I was curious and straightaway went to ch.603 (recently translated)and kind of wary abt it.please clarify.  Thanks

You are correct chingu Hanyuan is his name. LOL... @pad-hari  I have a hard time remembering Chinese names. Just bare with me . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

You are correct chingu Hanyuan is his name. LOL... @pad-hari  I have a hard time remembering Chinese names. Just bare with me . 

No worries.  Only name which I remember is his name as the princess keep on repeating his name other than remebering some important characters.  

• Like 2