[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

*LOL*

Beware of spoilers though, for those who are jumping right to those chapters. There is a story about SS that hasnt been mentioned in the drama

And  after all that happens, NQ is still :

Reveal hidden contents

hasnt fully understand his feelings ..until he quarrels with SS

Oppps, I should have hide the chapters and I gave to miyu2. hahaha. too late now. 

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, thartie said:

I wanna post the whole next 2 chapters for everybody to read. hahaha. Just give me a go signal if ya'll want it. I'm telling you, it's the best chapters in the book.

Which chapter do you want us to read?  I have finally reached chapter 50 of the novel. My goal is to read a whole lot tonight but my job is keeping me so busy.... :bawling:

@thartie   Dm me the chapters or the link you are using... LOL LOL 

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

Which chapter do you want us to read?  I have finally reached chapter 50 of the novel. My goal is to read a whole lot tonight but my job is keeping me so busy.... :bawling:

@UnniSarah just go ahead and jump to chapter357-359! hahahha. Ony if you can't wait. I'm almost in chapter 400 now. lol

12 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@thartie   Tomorrow is Wednesdayyy..... 

New Ever Night Episodes   

giphy.gif

Hahahaha. I stopped watching the show and focus on the novel for now. I wanted to wait until the whole episode is going to be out. For now, I'm enjoying the novel. hahha

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@thartie   Dm me the chapters or the link you are using... LOL LOL 

hahahha. @rhaps is the one who gave it to me. I'm sharing it to you too for the betterment of our hearts. hahahha

Message sent @UnniSarah

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, kkrystal said:

Through the whole book and drama the only thing I'm curious about is Ning Que.

I'm really curious as to who Ning Que really is? Where was his origin? He isn't from this world but where.....

This is explained in the novel. This part should come around the time when:

Spoiler

NQ duels with XH. Here we will understand his background and motivations for revenge. And once you read reach that part, you will feel either be horrified, sympathetic, amazed, disgusted or all 4 of that towards NQ. That is when you will know and maybe understand NQ's desperation.

This is one of the beauty of this story. The twist is unexpected, at least on my part. NQ is a very, VERY flawed character. Towards everything else he is cynical, arrogant and selfish. His caring for SS since she was a child is probably the only sincere, good thing he has ever done, without any additional motive. At least in his view (I think).

Therefore I'm really curious if the production team is going to maintain the ambiguity of NQ's moral character.

As for his connection with SS, I cannot say for sure as the novel is still being translated.

As for the chapters @thartie shared, kudos to the translators for managing to convey that desperation and NQ unawareness of his already-there affection for SS.

The following is the subbed trailer for Ever Night. It has been posted on the first page. But this is a trailer very well done. The clips chosen, the music. It's like a combo mix of LotR/ Titanic. It is probably the best C-drama trailer in recent times. I especially like the parts from minute 1:47 until the end. Sigh... so much feeling in s short trailer...

• Like 5

Don't read too fast because webnovel is currently up to 598. Each chapters has a tradition. The tradition to end with a cliff hanger!!!! Even CPR can't save you. 

@dzareth 

Spoiler

Do you mean the twist about his "birth parents" being a commoners? About his reason of revenge was simply because XH killed his parents? I'm not surprise at what NQ did. I wouldn't be surprise if the general son did the same to NQ just to survive. Its a near death situation anything is possible. The world is grey....

Truth betold, his dad, if I remember correctly is an orphan. His mom vaguely remember who she was. How would we know for sure they are his real parents. They really didn't go into dept about his background. 

Actually my question was more about where he came from. We hear from the drama and those that read the novel mention NQ is not from this world. Just like sangsang even though she has birth parents in this world. She is the daughter of hades. So I'm curious about Ning Que. What if he was the son of hades from another world but somehow ended up in this world... He is always ask to make decisions and he is suppose to be the person with "the answer".

Will go into more details after the chess game airs...hehehe...

• LOL 4

59 minutes ago, kkrystal said:

Don't read too fast because webnovel is currently up to 598. Each chapters has a tradition. The tradition to end with a cliff hanger!!!! Even CPR can't save you. 

@kkrystal you got me at CPR. hahahahha. I slowed down a bit too because I know the translation is up to 500+ still. hahahha. Can I pay somebody to translate the whole chapter for me Asap? hahahaha. ANd make sure to put happy ending on it. lol

• LOL 3

I'm looking forward to this week's episode.. (Ep.31-Ep36), especially the fight scene.... :lol:

The same with you guys, I'm torn with MSS appearance.. but that's how the story is... so I just have to accept it.. and watch how the script writer is going to show us the story...

Some still for this week's episode from weibo.

Spoiler

Ahhh iirc in some video SS will backhug NQ because he's leaving... :tears: ahhh poor SS.

DtD2prtVsAAGlKO.jpg

006AUUKhly1fxmqlohrcyj31900u0e81.jpg

006AUUKhly1fxmqlwqwguj31hc0u0kjl.jpg

006AUUKhly1fxmqlvj4roj31hc0u0npd.jpg

8696a21bgy1fxmsk7c21ej20rs0fmqna.jpg

----------------------

@dzareth Ahhh I agree,,,, I find that Ever Night's trailers is really well made... Good editing and great background song selection! I love watching them...

Altho my favorite has got to be this one... Even without any dialogue... the actions alone speaks so Loud! :wub:

Erudite from mydramalist translated the title as "Watch ye all, for (my) blade has been unsheathed"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kkrystal said:

@dzareth 

Hide contents

Do you mean the twist about his "birth parents" being a commoners? About his reason of revenge was simply because XH killed his parents? I'm not surprise at what NQ did. I wouldn't be surprise if the general son did the same to NQ just to survive. Its a near death situation anything is possible. The world is grey....

Truth betold, his dad, if I remember correctly is an orphan. His mom vaguely remember who she was. How would we know for sure they are his real parents. They really didn't go into dept about his background. 

Actually my question was more about where he came from. We hear from the drama and those that read the novel mention NQ is not from this world. Just like sangsang even though she has birth parents in this world. She is the daughter of hades. So I'm curious about Ning Que. What if he was the son of hades from another world but somehow ended up in this world... He is always ask to make decisions and he is suppose to be the person with "the answer".

Will go into more details after the chess game airs...hehehe...

Spoiler

Thats not really a twist though i mean its somewhat obvious?

• Like 1

@Wotad About your question on NQ origin and Fuzi's interest... for me, it's a bit hard to answer them without going to long... I'll try to make a short summary for you.

Spoiler

Fu zi's interest to NQ is because NQ is a reincarnated person that have his past lives memory. (Let's just say that this is a different dimension) So he is not from this word controlled by Haotian.

In the first scene of the first episode where Tang, Ye Su and Qi Nian gathered, that is marked as the event where Hades's descendant is born.

At that time, Ning Que's home and Sang Sing birth parent's home are neighbors (the building are facing each other). So when Wei Guang Ming try to point out Hades's location, the crows circles their place. But Sang Sang's identity is cloaked, so she's invincible, thus as Wei Guang Ming has the ability to foretold that Ning Que is a reincarnated person, he then assume Ning Que is the Hades's son. It's a mistake, but for me I see it as fate. 

Fuzi, is old.... so after someone has his kind of ability... in the story Haotian will not allow this person to live in this current realm, or the expression that was used was "Haotian wants to eat/absorb him" (This is more or less how I read it.. because I read it via machine translate ). And Fuzi don't want that to happen.

Anyway.. the reason Fuzi wants NQ as his last disciple is because he has knowledge of the other world.. and also he has potential to be unbond from Haotian's rules, because originally he's an outsider. 

That's why Fuzi keep asking him question about what will he choose... what is the moon... etc.. it's because he wants to know as a person from another world what is NQ's view.. and can NQ give the answer he's searching for... and what can Fuzi do if the eternal night really come. 

This is something that will be more explored in the second and third season I believe. The overarching theme of corrupt religion in the story is a fascinating one for me.

-------------

That being said... I'm kinda wondering how the script writer is going to tackle this part of NQ being an reincarnated person. Iirc Chinese TV show regulation don't allow this topic to appear unless the drama is a 100% web drama. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Wow @lynne22 the pain you must go through the machine translation... I haven't reached that no wonder it is a bit unfamiliar.

@kkrystal, for me the biggest twist is not:

Spoiler

who NQ's parents were. That is a given. The twist is what happened that night and NQ's motivation for revenge, aside from avenging his parents. I thought that development is unique, as typical wuxia novels tend to emphasize too much on honour and loyalty. I totally get it when NQ questions "Why should I follow the storybook?" I don't think even SS was aware of this.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@dzareth :lol: the temptation is too hard to resist.

About the twist you mention, I also applaud the author for making it this way.

Spoiler

For me,, after thinking about it for quite some time.. I think aside from the religion theme, there is another one that the author wants to convey... Common People matters, and Ning Que represents that part of common people. Everyone have the same right and burden, whether it is avenging their family or defending their country.

There will be an amazing fight that are going to happen in the book, during the siege/attack on Tang. Ning Que as the protector of Chang An, will be the executioner of the people's will to protect Chang An. That's why the talk between Fuzi, Tang Emperor and Li Peiyan in ep 9 surprise and delight me.

The talk about the "Sword of the People".. this is a nice touch added by the script writer about events that will happen in the future. 

(Seriously things that will happen in ch 700+ is amazing... all those fight scene :wub: and it was very very patriotic)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@Wotad About your question on NQ origin and Fuzi's interest... for me, it's a bit hard to answer them without going to long... I'll try to make a short summary for you.

Hide contents

Fu zi's interest to NQ is because NQ is a reincarnated person that have his past lives memory. (Let's just say that this is a different dimension) So he is not from this word controlled by Haotian.

In the first scene of the first episode where Tang, Ye Su and Qi Nian gathered, that is marked as the event where Hades's descendant is born.

At that time, Ning Que's home and Sang Sing birth parent's home are neighbors (the building are facing each other). So when Wei Guang Ming try to point out Hades's location, the crows circles their place. But Sang Sang's identity is cloaked, so she's invincible, thus as Wei Guang Ming has the ability to foretold that Ning Que is a reincarnated person, he then assume Ning Que is the Hades's son. It's a mistake, but for me I see it as fate. 

Fuzi, is old.... so after someone has his kind of ability... in the story Haotian will not allow this person to live in this current realm, or the expression that was used was "Haotian wants to eat/absorb him" (This is more or less how I read it.. because I read it via machine translate ). And Fuzi don't want that to happen.

Anyway.. the reason Fuzi wants NQ as his last disciple is because he has knowledge of the other world.. and also he has potential to be unbond from Haotian's rules, because originally he's an outsider. 

That's why Fuzi keep asking him question about what will he choose... what is the moon... etc.. it's because he wants to know as a person from another world what is NQ's view.. and can NQ give the answer he's searching for... and what can Fuzi do if the eternal night really come. 

This is something that will be more explored in the second and third season I believe. The overarching theme of corrupt religion in the story is a fascinating one for me.

-------------

That being said... I'm kinda wondering how the script writer is going to tackle this part of NQ being an reincarnated person. Iirc Chinese TV show regulation don't allow this topic to appear unless the drama is a 100% web drama. 

They can do another world as long as its not time travel and Ever Night is 100% web Drama right? 

Its also from Tencent who have the eternal love with time travel so shouldnt be a issue , also that depends if Season 2 does well but then they go off book and that makes me worried. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

They can do another world as long as its not time travel and Ever Night is 100% web Drama right? 

Its also from Tencent who have the eternal love with time travel so shouldnt be a issue , also that depends if Season 2 does well but then they go off book and that makes me worried. 

Yeah,,,, :lol: the writer definitely could add this aspect to the story, but

Spoiler

currently all the reference of him being a reincarnated person is not shown in the drama, like the creation of 13 arrows, him talking about his past, etc... So I'm not really sure... LoL.. I'm just going to wait and see how the script writer will deal with this...

They can still do it of course, but if they didn't, It really doesn't matter as long the explanation they gave in the story works for the drama.

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

all these webnovel tends to circle around re-incarnations :D

:lol: I know right?..... Mao Ni's next drama adaptation, Joy of Life also talk about reincarnated person.. hahaa.. this trend is big in china....

@UnniSarah LoL... Yeahh we are lucky.. I enjoy Mao Ni's work due to its poetic themes and complexity... tbh his work feels more like those old style wuxia novel if I can make a comparison. Me and @rhaps has talk about this before... Jiang Ye/Ever Night does reminds us of Return of The condor heroes.... :wub:

• Like 2