[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

LOL did anyone notice the Pizza Hut red hat symbol embroidered on the servants' clothes and on the charm that he gave NQ (middle of episode 18)

The most literal translation of 本命物 is probably life object.

Spoiler translation for ep 19 

Spoiler

Student: She drank those 5 bottles of wine, without leaving a drop.

Princess: Did you drink all this wine by yourself?

SS: nods

Princess: Who said that the people of Tang can't drink well? Prince LQ even an ordinary little girl of Tang may drink no less than you. Prince LQ do you dare to compete with this little girl?

Red neckerchief: How can the honorable prince be compared to a little girl? Is this how your great Tang treats its guests?

Princess: Today's gathering was meant to compare, compare. Who would have thought that there would be uninvited guests? So is this how guests behave in Xi Ling? Guest are divided into good guest and bad guests. Before you suspect how Tang treats it's guests first reflect on which type of guest you are. If you still don't know then please look for the exit.

NQ: Sang Sang, is the wine good?

SS: it's good

NQ: then openly drink as much as you like (I think NQ is ticked off because red neckerchief kinda dissed SS)

LQ: Is she your little maid?

NQ: Yes

LQ: Reward.

Red neckerchief: LQ came to the Du city to request to study and is recruiting talent. Huo Tian is giving you the opportunity to give your little maid to serve Prince LQ. Quickly give your thanks.

NQ: Prince LQ, you are very beautiful.

LQ: Thank you, I know.

NQ: Even though you are very beautiful, you shouldn't have such beautiful thoughts.

LQ: Why

NQ: The reason is simple, it's because I am unwilling.

LQ: Because you are unwilling, you may lose out on a lot.

NQ: pfft, I've never been worried about losing out on anything.

LQ: now you could lose out on this prince's friendship.

NQ: The Prince's friendship may not be worth as much as you think.

LQ: It looks like your little maid is very important to you.

NQ: That's none of your business.

LQ: The master of the little maid, sure enough, is very interesting. My interest in you is increasing.愈发浓厚

NQ: Why don't you take your interest and focus it on drinking your wine. If you can still drink.

LQ: But I am still curious, who do you think has the qualifications to be the little maids master.

NQ: Again that has nothing to do with the prince. But if the Prince is still so curious then I will tell you. Even you do not have the qualifications.

LQ: I don't? Then who has the qualifications? Could it be the Princess?

NQ: No, she also doesn't.

Princess: You rascal. I asked for Sang Sang many times but you ignored me. It looks like I really do not have the qualifications. Even I do not have the qualifications. Is Prince LQ more qualified than me?

SS: Young master, let's go home.

NQ: Wait a moment. I still have a few questions I want to ask.

LQ: Go ahead.

NQ: Don't misunderstand, I have no interest in debates at all and am not some sort of expert. 辩难 擅长 I am just curious about what the prince said earlier so I have a few questions I want to ask the prince.

Does the sky have eyes?

LQ: Hao Tian lives in the sky above, so of course the sky has eyes.

NQ: Between heaven and earth is there vital energy?

LQ: There is.

NQ: Are locusts alive?

LQ Of course

NQ: Do eucalyptus trees have roots?.

LQ: Yes.

NQ: Do normal people have thoughts?

LQ: Yes

NQ: Does Tang have an emperor?

NQ: Does Xi Ling have doctrine?

NQ: Do socks have holes?

LQ: Of course...........................not. Of course, socks don't have holes.

SS: pfft

LQ: I didn't expect your questions to be so trivial. In fact, it fell below this prince's expectations.

NQ: Indeed it was just a little smart/ trick. But prince you couldn't even handle a little trick. Actually, I am a little disappointed. Sang Sang do you remember the story I told you when you were young? How do most dogs die?

SS: They die of stupidity.

Princess: pfft

SS: Young master what you said was true. People who are good looking, their brains don't work well. If sock don't have holes how do you put them on.

Princess: Pfft

NQ: I asked you earlier and you replied. Even if Huo Tian has eyes, and can see all living beings.

You and I are like insects on a tree. Even though we are insects we still have to respect the natural laws. The laws in Tang will be Tang laws. Tang laws state that personal belongings will not be subject to encroachment. My things will always be mine if I do not agree, so don't even think of taking it. Of course socks have holes, and of course, my little maid is mine. If I don't agree, don't even dream of taking a single coin from me. Because this is Tang and we are Tang people.

Students: Good! NQ is right. NQ is great. Good

LQ: What you said is reasonable, but I also know of another principle. If say a person does not have any actual strength, even if he only has just one coin left, sometimes it would even be difficult to protect that.

NQ: eh Prince did you just threaten me? Princess. Great Scholar. He just threatened me

Great Scholar: haha You must have misheard, why would the Prince threaten you?

Princess: With your small ability, are you looking for someone to fight, are you looking to die? But in my Tang, this is the first time I have heard someone dare to threaten one of my Tang citizens.

LQ: What's your name?

NQ: NQ

LQ: NQ

LQ: You should also be a student of the old book academy? When I attempt the 2nd Floor will I see you?

Student: He doesn't understand any of the sea snow mountain energy how can he get into the 2nd Floor. Prince, you won't see him.

Girl student: You, just eat your chicken wings!

LQ: That is really regretful. 遗憾

NQ: In this world there is not much to be regretful about. I know that you all have been ashamed to be associated with me. Even if today you support me because of the small trick, I don't really care.

Sang Sang have you eaten enough?

SS: Yes

NQ: Your highness NQ is leaving first.

Princess: Go

NQ: Lets go home. World's most beautiful man, genius of Xi Ling, Yan's hope. euh. (LOL NQ in sarcastic mode)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

@satanghaesolim, thanks for the information on that scene. While I read it I saw the scene in episode 19 and it spot on with the characters’ reactions though I couldn’t tell what was being said at the time.

About episode 24, 

Spoiler

Did something unusual happen at the end of the battle with Yan Se and the Xiling priest? Yan Se had an expression on his face like he was startled that the priest was pierced through with the sword. He looked back at SS as if for a moment he thought the sword protected her by killing the priest.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@satanghaesolim, thanks for the information on that scene. While I read it I saw the scene in episode 19 and it spot on with the characters’ reactions though I couldn’t tell what was being said at the time.

About episode 24, 

Reveal hidden contents

Did something unusual happen at the end of the battle with Yan Se and the Xiling priest? Yan Se had an expression on his face like he was startled that the priest was pierced through with the sword. He looked back at SS as if for a moment he thought the sword protected her by killing the priest.

Do you mean the end of ep 23?

Spoiler

Yan Se was surprised that the Xi Ling priest got stabbed and fell when he didn't do anything.  Yan Se then realised that it was the 2nd Floor disciple the 2nd brother helping them (even though Fu Zi had told them to stay on the mountain and forbidden them to help NQ. With his dying breath, the Xi Ling priest told Yan Se that the Son of Yamma was in the city.

19 minutes ago, rhaps said:

LOL .. I just posted the Pizza Hut logo in my previous posts *LOL*

Thanks about the translations on epi 19! They followed the novel really closely

Reveal hidden contents

I grinned when SS asked NQ to go home, and he just pushed her lightly to the side and continued talking to LQ. NQ was really annoyed .. he even ignored SS and confronted LQ frontally in front of everyone *LOL*

LOL this is the first time I have seen endorsements in an ancient drama.  There was another one, forgot which episode, where they focused on the pouch label containing the tasty peanut snack Chen Pi Pi, was eating and NQ stole some to give to Sang Sang.

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

LOL did anyone notice the Pizza Hut red hat symbol embroidered on the servants' clothes and on the charm that he gave NQ (middle of episode 18)

The most literal translation of 本命物 is probably life object.

Spoiler translation for ep 19 

Hide contents

Student: She drank those 5 bottles of wine, without leaving a drop.

Princess: Did you drink all this wine by yourself?

SS: nods

Princess: Who said that the people of Tang can't drink well? Prince LQ even an ordinary little girl of Tang may drink no less than you. Prince LQ do you dare to compete with this little girl?

Red neckerchief: How can the honorable prince be compared to a little girl? Is this how your great Tang treats its guests?

Princess: Today's gathering was meant to compare, compare. Who would have thought that there would be uninvited guests? So is this how guests behave in Xi Ling? Guest are divided into good guest and bad guests. Before you suspect how Tang treats it's guests first reflect on which type of guest you are. If you still don't know then please look for the exit.

NQ: Sang Sang, is the wine good?

SS: it's good

NQ: then openly drink as much as you like (I think NQ is ticked off because red neckerchief kinda dissed SS)

LQ: Is she your little maid?

NQ: Yes

LQ: Reward.

Red neckerchief: LQ came to the Du city to request to study and is recruiting talent. Huo Tian is giving you the opportunity to give your little maid to serve Prince LQ. Quickly give your thanks.

NQ: Prince LQ, you are very beautiful.

LQ: Thank you, I know.

NQ: Even though you are very beautiful, you shouldn't have such beautiful thoughts.

LQ: Why

NQ: The reason is simple, it's because I am unwilling.

LQ: Because you are unwilling, you may lose out on a lot.

NQ: pfft, I've never been worried about losing out on anything.

LQ: now you could lose out on this prince's friendship.

NQ: The Prince's friendship may not be worth as much as you think.

LQ: It looks like your little maid is very important to you.

NQ: That's none of your business.

LQ: The master of the little maid, sure enough, is very interesting. My interest in you is increasing.愈发浓厚

NQ: Why don't you take your interest and focus it on drinking your wine. If you can still drink.

LQ: But I am still curious, who do you think has the qualifications to be the little maids master.

NQ: Again that has nothing to do with the prince. But if the Prince is still so curious then I will tell you. Even you do not have the qualifications.

LQ: I don't? Then who has the qualifications? Could it be the Princess?

NQ: No, she also doesn't.

Princess: You rascal. I asked for Sang Sang many times but you ignored me. It looks like I really do not have the qualifications. Even I do not have the qualifications. Is Prince LQ more qualified than me?

SS: Young master, let's go home.

NQ: Wait a moment. I still have a few questions I want to ask.

LQ: Go ahead.

NQ: Don't misunderstand, I have no interest in debates at all and am not some sort of expert. 辩难 擅长 I am just curious about what the prince said earlier so I have a few questions I want to ask the prince.

Does the sky have eyes?

LQ: Hao Tian lives in the sky above, so of course the sky has eyes.

NQ: Between heaven and earth is there vital energy?

LQ: There is.

NQ: Are locusts alive?

LQ Of course

NQ: Do eucalyptus trees have roots?.

LQ: Yes.

NQ: Do normal people have thoughts?

NQ: Does Tang have an emperor?

NQ: Does Xi Ling have doctrine?

NQ: Do socks have holes?

LQ: Of course...........................not. Of course, socks don't have holes.

SS: pfft

LQ: I didn't expect your questions to be so trivial. In fact, it fell below this prince's expectations.

NQ: Indeed it was just a little smart/ trick. But prince you couldn't even handle a little trick. Actually, I am a little disappointed. Sang Sang do you remember the story I told you when you were young? How do most dogs die?

SS: They die of stupidity.

Princess: pfft

SS: Young master what you said was true. People who are good looking, their brains don't work well. If sock don't have holes how do you put them on.

Princess: Pfft

NQ: I asked you earlier and you replied. Even if Huo Tian has eyes, and can see all living beings.

You and I are like insects on a tree. Even though we are insects we still have to respect the natural laws. The laws in Tang will be Tang laws. Tang laws state that personal belongings will not be subject to encroachment. My things will always be mine if I do not agree, so don't even think of taking it. Of course socks have holes, and of course, my little maid is mine. If I don't agree, don't even dream of taking a single coin from me. Because this is Tang and we are Tang people.

Students: Good! NQ is right. NQ is great. Good

LQ: What you said is reasonable, but I also know of another principle. If say a person does not have any actual strength, even if he only has just one coin left, sometimes it would even be difficult to protect that.

NQ: eh Prince did you just threaten me? Princess. Great Scholar. He just threatened me

Great Scholar: haha You must have misheard, why would the Prince threaten you?

Princess: With your small ability, are you looking for someone to fight, are you looking to die? But in my Tang, this is the first time I have heard someone dare to threaten one of my Tang citizens.

LQ: What's your name?

NQ: NQ

LQ: NQ

LQ: You should also be a student of the old book academy? When I attempt the 2nd Floor will I see you?

Student: He doesn't understand any of the sea snow mountain energy how can he get into the 2nd Floor. Prince, you won't see him.

Girl student: You, just eat your chicken wings!

LQ: That is really regretful. 遗憾

NQ: In this world there is not much to be regretful about. I know that you all have been ashamed to be associated with me. Even if today you support me because of the small trick, I don't really care.

Sang Sang have you eaten enough?

SS: Yes

NQ: Your highness NQ is leaving first.

Princess: Go

NQ: Lets go home. World's most beautiful man, genius of Xi Ling, Yan's hope. euh. (LOL NQ in sarcastic mode)

Thx u so much for the translation @satanghaesolim, it means a lot for me!

32 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

The meeting with LQ just showed how NQ was 'above' everyone else . He knew his limits (which means that he understood his opponent), he stayed away from trouble, and wasn't interested in anything trivial (like proofing himself in front of everyone). He only challenged LQ because he was angry at the guy . On the other hand, the Academy student (the supposed-to-be most clever one) couldn't accept defeat and just went out of the scene, followed by others. What an attitude.

I feel you. It happened to me several days ago. I just got home and had been imagining to watch the next episodes, and realized that my wifi was out :crazy:

I've been wanting to say that, but I kept on forgetting :P. And if you watched epi 18 closely (the meeting with LQ), when the students were  just arrived, they all received some kind of pin which looked like a Pizza Hut logo. And the servants had Pizza Hut logos too in their uniforms :joy:  . Seriously, the commercials in this drama is really something *LOL*

Btw @lynne22, regarding epi 23 :

Hide contents

I found spoilers and now I understand more about what you meant. NQ and SS really have 'interesting' and 'confusing' origin .. :crazy:

About your post in the spoiler tag :

Hide contents

They explained this briefly through a conversation at epi 14, so the novel explained this more clearly . After he was attacked by the bird, NQ didn't go home because he was affraid that the police would come asking about the murder at the tea house (the police would basically ask everyone living in the area, IIRC) . So, he took a carriage to the Academy. The drama didn't explain this, but there should be a special carriage for the students of Academy everyday, which won't be checked by guards. Then, he went to the Old Library on the 2nd floor, knowing that no students came there except for him (because he had been there for months) and Chen Pipi (who had been exchanging letters with him). That was also one of the reasons why he could instantly guess that the fat student in front of him was Chen Pipi.

I'm happy that Chen Feiyu got the role with his own efforts. I think he should carry big burden, as the son of Chen Kaige. IF he doesn't perform well, then he will embarrass himself and his parents. Even if he performs well, then people will still accuse him of getting the role using connection.

Thx for the explanation @rhaps, it is very clear now how NQ n ChenPiPi can guess each other correctly.

Yeah you right chinggu, still there will be haters that accuse him that. But dont worry FeiYu will prove him self as time goes by.

on ep 23 n 24

Spoiler

How can he knows that it was NQ who awake the vermillion? Even WGM never mention it was NQ. Since WGM doesnt know who is the real son of hades. Even YanSe also have no idea that it was NQ awake the vermillion.

And on ep 24, really love the interaction and funny relationship between students of FuZi, cant help of laughing watching NQ dancing, he is so stiff! And cant wait for the ep 25-30, where NQ annoy his elder when he try to make wood knife fly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Pls tell me what happen.....I can’t watch anything the whole days u guys giving me spoiler is preventing me from hitting the wall with my head

Spoiler

LOL Sang Sang was really cold and couldn't sleep (due to her illness) and Ning Que was hot (because the weather was hot) so they decided to help each other out and snuggled really really close (Sang Sang back hugs Ning Que and rubs her face to his face).  Ning Que gets really cutely awkward and asks Sang Sang how old she is.  Sang Sang says if Ning Que doesn't know how is she supposed to know and he should calculate from when he picked her up till now.  Sang Sang is oblivious and continues to snuggle and Ning Que seems to be getting even hotter instead of cooling down.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, satanghaesolim said:

Hide contents

LOL Sang Sang was really cold and couldn't sleep (due to her illness) and Ning Que was hot (because the weather was hot) so they decided to help each other out and snuggled really really close (Sang Sang back hugs Ning Que and rubs her face to his face).  Ning Que gets really cutely awkward and asks Sang Sang how old she is.  Sang Sang says if Ning Que doesn't know how is she supposed to know and he should calculate from when he picked her up till now.  Sang Sang is oblivious and continues to snuggle and Ning Que seems to be getting even hotter instead of cooling down.

I just watched this! I cant help to keep smiling LOL :P NQ expression is getting cutely ackward and SS have no idea that her young master's heart was getting faster and faster! love love love!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

I just watched this! I cant help to keep smiling LOL :P NQ expression is getting cutely ackward and SS have no idea that her young master's heart was getting faster and faster! love love love!

I just watched it too and it’s hilarious.

Spoiler

I can understand why he feels that way because she’s all over his back. :lol:

• LOL 1

@rhaps @pangia ... Chingu’s where did you guys hear that???? 

I believe we should ask @satanghaesolim about this.

I believe @satanghaesolim Is the one who told us that Season 2 is being filmed right now.  Chingu Thanks for translation for episode 19.... I gave me a good laugh this morning. 

I will be very disappointed if they do that. In my opinion how can they have a successful season 2 if they change the main lead or any other character. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pangia said:

@UnniSarah someone posted on twitter and stated that its a rumor only but still, it worries me a lot even if it just rumor. 

I know, it would be a horrible decision to change the lead when they are doing such a good job already. Hopefully someone can clarify. 

Let’s keep our finger’s crosses @pangia @rhaps...If they do replace him with Dylan Wang I will not watch it. Dylan’s Wang voice is to soft and I don’t like his acting. The last Dylan Wang’s drama (Meteor Garden) was so annoying to me. I tried to watch but just couldn’t even finish it. In Ashes of love, I would sometimes feel how can a bad asss man ( meaning the Phoenix) have a soft voice. It felt so out of place for a man wanting to go to war. I only kept watching til the end because I love the Flower Fairi JiNg Mi so much. NQ must have a strong voice that will match his personality. Chen Feiyu is the perfect Ning Que. He is the role and why are there so much haters. This is the guys first role and he does way much better than some veteran actors. Besides he need the practice to get better. I think you can excel in class but when doing the work there are other things that can get in a way of your acting. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Let’s keep our finger’s crosses @pangia @rhaps.../ If they do relave him with Dylan Wang I will not watch it. Dylan’s Wang voice is to soft. The last Dylan Wang’s drama was so annoying to me. I tried to watch but just couldn’t even finish it. Just like in Ashes of love, I would sometimes feel how can a bad asss man ( meaning the Phoenix) have a soft voice. It felt so out of place for a man wanting to go to war. I only kept watching til the end because I love the Flower fairies so much. NQ must have a strong voice that will match his personality. 

Same. I can't stand DW acting and voice but I don't dislike him. I would not watch it too if its true but if like you guys said, they already started production and no official statement out yet, I'm keeping my hope up. 

• Like 2