[Official] Precious RinSan♥️Gazing Couple♥️HongIm Couple | HongJongHyun × ImYoonA |

KdramaAddict

1 hour ago, xcalibur07 said:

Even during the confession, he felt that it was wrong to love her. I wanted to slap his handsome face and tell him that you done nothing wrong and no need to apologise. I think if Won didn't give his blessing, Rin won't leave with San because he will forever feel guilty to love her. That's why I always see Won as the main lead because everything depends on him. The story actually centered on him and I can't believe some people can't see it just because he didn't get the girl. 

how dare you slap that handsome face... we have whole bodyguard ladies here to save uri Rin Gongjanim..:tongue: and believe me you will not be able to lift ur hand let alone slap cause your hands must be trembling seeing his face so close, close enough to be touched, then u'd be finding urself caressing his face. and i can bet on that.. hehehehehe...

and on Serious note...

i agree... he had that guilt consciousness of loving the girl of his master, but he shouldn't have that guilt.... cause he had hint San loved him and not Won. those gazes in woods were the proof of her love for him.

lastly again on agreement....he had they guilt being  the selfless Rin he is. he couldn't let go of that guilt cause he knew how much Won wants San by his side, he mentioned he will not be anything without San.

So for Won's betterment he still felt the need to be away from both until he knew how much San cherishes Rin and how much she wants to be by his side. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Juni Asat said:

Q: What do you want to do after completion of your work?
Because I have 3 projects consecutively without a rest in between so I would like to go travelling. I want to learn something and I planned to come out with a list. The things I want to learn are: languages, sports and some other stuffs that I can keep as a hobby.

this remind me of certain someone that said she want to learn to ride a bike too when furatai post their pics TRAVELING to Japan by bike :D:D

14 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

this remind me of certain someone that said she want to learn to ride a bike too when furatai post their pics TRAVELING to Japan by bike :D:D

and car racing is a sports cum hobby itself.. and certain someone is exceptionally great in that:tongue:

3 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

I really love Rin's confession:bawling:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owk9xuMPy31qbvf9jo3_400.gif tumblr_owk9xuMPy31qbvf9jo4_400.gif

tumblr_owk9xuMPy31qbvf9jo5_400.gif tumblr_owk9xuMPy31qbvf9jo6_400.gif

cr: jahe

Even during the confession, he felt that it was wrong to love her. I wanted to slap his handsome face and tell him that you done nothing wrong and no need to apologise. I think if Won didn't give his blessing, Rin won't leave with San because he will forever feel guilty to love her. That's why I always see Won as the main lead because everything depends on him. The story actually centered on him and I can't believe some people can't see it just because he didn't get the girl. 

@xcalibur07

yes, everything, every revelation depends on how it affected him, it will have to show how he reacted to that revelation, and we read mostly of his point of views first and closed with his POV. First ep was him voiceover, and last ep, its still him Won closing with  his voiceover (coupling with Teacher, reflecting on Won's ), i loved always lurking at DB, there's lots of rare findings there,

show you one comments that opened up my understanding why it is always lots of monologue from Won's POV.

by right the way they did the first lead that never ever get the girl and revealed his journey of denial to acceptance and active letting her go... to allow the protagonist be always someone at the side looking at the Main OTP but never ever become even once the OTP. this is a first time in Kdrama history? i dont know. but MBC spoiled the very unique magic, by dragging the identity of "who  her heart belongs' to taint the otherwise very unique "First Lead become almost antagonist and never once OTP" plot

see DB's comments by a certain "xiao jingyan":

xiao jingyan

"I asked myself why we don't get the confession between RinSan and then I realised that Won also never witnessed that.
What he saw at the end of the drama is a realisation of how things were, that his friend like each other. That San has another man that can protect her, San has another man she can rely on and Rin is that man.

That also why we hardly got Rin and San monologue before they do something or before it clear to Won because the writer wants to put us in the Won's perspective."

actually it is quite common in the western movie where the lead man didnt get the girl .

i went googled and discovered, it is not actually new that in Kdrama, there was preceeding cases where plots did show a second lead got the girl case (well, in TKL, i actually did not considered Rin as second lead, he is as worthy as the other 2 as first lead where come to how much he contribute to affect the lives and plot of the other 2 characters, Rin is important.
but in cases where TKL is actually a narrative story told by the King's POV, so as much as Rin, San is also secondary, everything told from the fish-eye / bird-eye view from Won's.

below in Spoiler list of kdramas that has second lead wins the girl plot:
https://www.dramafever.com/news/8-k-dramas-where-the-second-lead-got-the-girl/

8 K-dramas where the second lead got the girl

Spoiler

Anyone who watches K-dramas is probably familiar with the pain of second lead syndrome. Seeing the girl go for the rich jerk instead of the supportive friend over and over and over again can be insanely frustrating, but it doesn't always have to be that way! Even though dramas where the second lead gets the girl are few and far between, these magical unicorns do exist! Here are 10 dramas where the second lead won the day:

1. Dream High
2. How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor
3. Queen of Reversals
4. Prosecutor Princess
5. Nail Shop Paris
6. Baker King Kim Tak Goo
7. Fashion King
8. Feast of the Gods

should i add Cheese in the trap? Mark from Love, Actually.

Spoiler

another list where Second lead got the girl

10 hours ago, sejabin said:

since the 1st time I watch TKL pre conference and watching HJH-Yoona body language on the stage I feel like oh oh.. these two seems very close.. body language very comfortable. I pay much attention to this, to every moves every laughs every gazes every smiles between them, yoona hands, and the most important is HJH's confidence. He is a very shy guy. It's not easy for him to be playful on stage with his co star. with all the cameras around them? hahahaha .. this is the 1st time I watch HJH like this LOL. and I'm happy because the reason of his confidence, smiles, laughs, on stage is my bias Yoona yah... huhuhuhu :wub:

I did re-watching this on youtube for so many times during TKL airing times every time I get confused with the plot story. Like I found some faith in them whenever I watch TKL pre-conference LOL hahahahaha 

thanks eonnie.. *hugggsss ... but I still need to learn much :bawling:  my standard in writing raised everytime I read breathlessurvival articles. I wish I had such talent... *sighhhhhhhh .... she/he my idol

Yeah, their body language show their closeness and understanding. 

Sure that there is something between them, if not romantic relationship, at least close friend. They are really completely comfortable standing close to each other 

They seem to understand each other a lot 

7 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

very correct.. it was very clear from the start and even at the end that San's eyes and heart was always towards Rin just as Sunflower remains towards Sun.... so San's love is as a fact as Sunflower's.

@Juni Asat i could not stop laughing at ur underestimating ur english... even if its not urs neighbor's language you are pretty good

It is exactly my feeling from the beginning, however there were some words San said made me confused sometimes. 

The way San treated Won is the way I treat my male friends. They are just friends. How can it become a romantic relationship!

21 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

i went googled and discovered, it is not actually new that in Kdrama, there was preceeding cases where plots did show a second lead got the girl case (well, in TKL, i actually did not considered Rin as second lead, he is as worthy as the other 2 as first lead where come to how much he contribute to affect the lives and plot of the other 2 characters, Rin is important.
but in cases where TKL is actually a narrative story told by the King's POV, so as much as Rin, San is also secondary, everything told from the fish-eye / bird-eye view from Won's.

below in Spoiler list of kdramas that has second l got the girl

Hide contents

Anyone who watches K-dramas is probably familiar with the pain of second lead syndrome. Seeing the girl go for the rich jerk instead of the supportive friend over and over and over again can be insanely frustrating, but it doesn't always have to be that way! Even though dramas where the second lead gets the girl are few and far between, these magical unicorns do exist! Here are 10 dramas where the second lead won the day:

1. Dream High
2. How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor
3. Queen of Reversals
4. Prosecutor Princess
5. Nail Shop Paris
6. Baker King Kim Tak Goo
7. Fashion King
8. Feast of the Gods

should i 

I haven't watch any of these dramas......But...I like cheese in trap and it's very rare case for me no SLS in cheese in trap I like park hae jin so much ...and his character also deserved to be loved more than anyone....I like psycopath:joy:

I also don't think Rin as second lead he is also main lead for me.

4 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

was it HJH with yoona beside her... where is it happened ? any press con ?

HJH is behind Yoona in red after TKL showcase

yooh40a-e1506452678852.png

I  like the way she hides  behind him

I will feel more secure when standing behind my man! Hehe!

25 minutes ago, kim_nuong said:

yooh40a-e1506452678852.png

thanks for the pic and yes I agree she is hiding behind him like allowing him to take lead...

TKL show case.. do we have any video of that ??

also in this pic.. i could see the lips of HJH in background..*sorry for changing the topic but my eyes wander to his lips automatically..*

5 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

I haven't watch any of these dramas......But...I like cheese in trap and it's very rare case for me no SLS in cheese in trap I like park hae jin so much ...and his character also deserved to be loved more than anyone....I like psycopath:joy:

I also don't think Rin as second lead he is also main lead for me.

@saanjh sena yes. I actually read an article right at the beginning period that actually sort of describe TKL as a story told by the POV of a Second Lead that is not the OTP. I couldn't find that article. Any way it is just 'one' single article that spell out the situation. Where if you look at the drama thru the lens of viewers that only are All OTP as the main drive of plots. Then to these OTP-centred viewers, Won is sadly condescended to be second lead once he was shown to be not even once owned the girl's heart as a man ( not as a platonic true friend). 

Then Won is as a second lead from the side tell the story. While the whole plot indeed pivotal around Won. 

While my list of dramas has second lead won the girl. But these drama unlike TKL has never spin around the growth, the monologues, the development of the One who was not ever a OTP. 

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

thanks for the pic and yes I agree she is hiding behind him like allowing him to take lead...

TKL show case.. do we have any video of that ??

also in this pic.. i could see the lips of HJH in background..*sorry for changing the topic but my eyes wander to his lips automatically..*

There are some cuts and fancam only

Yoona was not sitting next to HJH, but when standing up to take photo, she changed the position and stood next to him!

When standing, always there is a distance between her and Siwan, but no distance between her and HJH. He moved, she moved along! :wub:

What can I say! Hehee!

21 minutes ago, kim_nuong said:

There are some cuts and fancam only

Yoona was not sitting next to HJH, but when standing up to take photo, she changed the position and stood next to him! Hehee!

thanks for sharing.. she indeed chaged the position to be HJH side...

besides breathless survival's weekly supplies of swoonWorthy materials. i take comforts in dramabeans' very unique jar of fine beanies that are not just being just, witty, humorous, but also gracious and charitable in love, forgiving. they will not just throw Won under the bus for the sake for lauding Rin, off and on, they praise and even many mentioned they wept for Won at ep20 (even while they are RinSan, they rejoiced in RinSan happy ending but didnt got carried away by self indulgence in bliss of RinSan-endings.) so i think they always lurks at our MT and even talks about us. whoever you are, if ever you see this, thanks for all the weeks for steadfast supporting Rin / RinSan while many sites just reduced to bashing Rin.
thanks for standing firm and not taking on Won, and still believing in Won and showing the world that you all beanies does practiced what Rin did.

i copied in spoiler some comments that i loved in dramabeans. just a few, maybe i am a christian, the verses of john 15 strike a cord in describing the love of RinSan each towards the other and all 3 towards each:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (john 15:13) 

Spoiler

from "Outofthisworld"---
In the beginning, there was a boy called Rin who couldn’t understand why his father told him to act as Won’s friend and not be a real one. Won will become king, and a king cannot have friends. Rin never understood, “How are real friends different from any other friends? Where should I draw the line?” Rin turned out to be a friend who always puts Won above himself, a friend who always gives. Instead of drawing a line, Rin gave up everything for Won, his name, his position, his family and even his love – San.

The only thing he couldn’t give Won was San’s free will. That’s why he besieged him to let her go and not caged her like a bird. When he told Won that he and San will get married, he was thinking about Won. I don’t like to say this but during those times, I felt that Rin loved Won more than he loved San. We might not understand but San did. This was why she chose to leave Rin and Won. Not because she was jealous but she understood the love Rin had for Won.

In his final sacrifice, Rin couldn’t have known for sure if he would survive. He was willing to die for his friend. Someone quoted this bible verse aptly John 5:13 “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

It breaks me to think that Rin who never asked for anything in his life had to struggle so much when he found his love. Of course, there were countless times when Rin wished his situation was different and he could just leave with San and lead a carefree life. We can see it on Rin’s face whenever he looks San and smiles in his own world or when they momentarily forgot their troubles playing in the river. Perhaps if they had successfully left, this would be a different story.

In the end, Rin would rather risk death or disappear from the face of the earth than to leave his dear friend to his fate. His confession and apology to San must have broken his heart into pieces as it did to San’s. Some viewers wondered if Rin had known he would survive having planned the fake or if San knew. I think they didn’t. The probability of Rin dying was higher than him surviving (stats of that Cliff of Doom be damned!). Just an inch nearer to the rocks or an inch nearer to his heart would have sealed his fate. Thankfully, Rin survived and Won gave his blessings because there was no way Rin and San would be together without it.

If I must give this drama an alternate title, I would call it “The Friend Loves” – This is a story of my friend, who loved me more than himself.” 

from "PakalanaPikake"--

@ 45 outofthisworld September 23, 2017 at 9:30 AM

In addition to the "Greater love hath no man..." passage from the New Testament (John 5:13), I'm reminded of another one that surprisingly turned up in the metaphysically excellent OH HAE-YOUNG AGAIN. In episode 10 it was uttered in fragments of French by Park Do-kyung's noona, Soo-kyung. At first I couldn't recognize what I was reading in the subtitles until I viewed a different translation several weeks later, hence its posting in the episode 12 recap comments. Along with other Beanies, I was floored, especially as it related directly to Do-kyung's visions of his impending death.

I recalled this discovery a couple of days ago, and finally dug around in the OHYA recaps to find the passage. I am again stunned at how germane it is to this discussion of THE KING LOVES. I'll warn you up front that there are a couple of lengthy posts by yours truly, which include a transcription of Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 13: verses 4-13, New International Version (NIV).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/oh-hae-young-again-episode-13/
Thread #46 PakalanaPikake June 14, 2016 at 7:53 PM

For starters, this sounds very much like Rin's normal state of being. It is also a prescription for Won. He needs to develop these qualities that were missing from his character before he met Rin. Mastering them will allow him to grow as a decent human being and as a king serving his people [1 Corinthians 13:4-8]:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

If you keep reading, here's the kicker: a discussion of mature love [1 Corinthians 13:11-13].

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love...

Seeing and being seen face to face is the essence of love and friendship, the full disclosure of oneself to another, warts and all. But at a certain point, one no longer needs to be physically present to love another. Time and space become irrelevant to hearts, minds, and spirits. Much as Rin and San are loath to leave Won by himself, their highest good, individually and collectively, necessitates their parting on the material plane.

I'd like to think that in the future, Won would ask himself: “What would Rin do?” and “What would San do?”

from "Linda Palapala"---

I also thought of the book of Ruth when Rin said to San "wherever you go I will go."

I think the reason San loves Rin because he gives her space and only helps when she needs it.

from the start, we see San as someone who likes to take her own action and decided things for herself and all that Won do to her is giving her things that she needs without letting her do it herself.

San biggest joy is always about accomplishing things that she needs and wants rather than being compliant which is why I get why she can't love Won. She is san and soo hwa while Won see her as "my soo wha that need to be saved and protected all the time".

San knows her limit but she also knows that she needs space, Rin give the safety feeling for her. Rin see her as the lady San she is always want to be seen but also treat her as Soo Hwa who learned from Teacher Lee.

and something worthy for San:

Spoiler

I haven't written much about San and precious beanies like Allly and Lala had already shared wonderful insights on her. But after this finale, I felt so much for her especially in that heartbreaking scene with Rin and the farewell that I just had to write something, even if it's short.

I'm the sort who need to like the female character of a drama to be invested. What I am trying to say is that if I hadn't like San, I am not sure if I would be as hooked as I am to this beautiful story.

San was like a beam of sunshine, full of optimism, courage and love. Who would have known such a girl hides a tragic past beneath her beautiful smile? Which man could resist such a woman?

I was immediately drawn to San because she is my favorite type of kdrama female characters. I love the spunk, the sense of humor, lack of daintiness and a good heart. That she was a tomboy who got along smashingly with the boys added to her charms. If San were to live in modern times, I am sure she would be a social entrepreneur of sorts or maybe lead some groundbreaking expedition.

I think there were viewers who failed to see that San had her sense of agency. They saw her as a plot device, a subject of love interest from the two men and a damsel in distress. On the latter, did anyone noticed that both Won and Rin also had to be saved at certain points? Those were tumultuous times.

When it came to love, San wasn’t fickle minded. Once San knew in her heart that it was Rin, short of rejecting Won rudely (a Crown Prince at that!) she made it clear to Won. She was less direct with Rin but no words were needed. It was all palpable in her eyes, body language and behaviour towards him. Even Won knew it. All this while, San was in control. She decided when she would come and go.

I am glad that in the end San was able to leave with the love of her life. She wasn’t just a woman Won loves or a woman Rin loves. She was a woman who loves.

From Xiao Jingyan from dramabeans>
"I feel that Rin and San love is made to be something obvious to everyone except Won and that's the drama theme.

It has no declaration cause who actually see the real love declaration??
but if Biyeon, Princess Wonsung, San and Rin's dad and even Song In can see that, I feel like it's foolproof observation.
We get all sort of person with a different ideal and life experience and they all saw it.

They all come to the same conclusion so their words are definitely worth noticing."

thru XiaoJingyan's eyes, i finally realised, the reason behind why everything isnt explained properly even at finale ep, because it was thrut he eyes of Won. what he couldnt even see or know, we wont. and we as viewers will be shown or revealed, only after he knew. that's the theme of how TKL pivotal around won's awareness. why we dont have even the scene after the kiss, what happened. because Rin and San will not reveal to him, as his own view will be purposely blocked and refused to acknowledge until the last few 2 ep. tension needs to build up and around won's feels. coz the story is about how he comes to term with suspicious, shock, realization, denial, bitterness, breaking down, surreal pain, repentance, gratitude, motivation, peace.

3 minutes ago, kim_nuong said:

Yoona changed her dance step during Lion Heart  (0:38) in SM Town because the TKL cast came to support her

She changed it to

She seemed to be in good mood while performing.

Where is my HJH!!!

@kim_nuong tbh , i used to be very biased against idol turned actors. know what, recently watched all SNSD short clips, i didnt see Yoona, i kept 'seeing' San, as if like i cannot see any other girls around her, i cannot take my eyes off 'San"... Oh, did i say 'San"? aha. see, i fans will be starting to see her in a diff light, am one of those. hope she continue to challenge herself in acting skills, well done, yoona-agashi.

9 hours ago, kim_nuong said:

The visuals - look good in modern style. looks good in gorgeo style. The visuals are soooooo goood. 

29 minutes ago, kim_nuong said:

Yoona changed her dance step during Lion Heart  (0:38) in SM Town because the TKL cast came to support her

She changed it to

She seemed to be in good mood while performing.

Where is my HJH!!!

Haha! Thats a good spot. I didnt realise she made any gestures for TKIL. Verrrry likely that was discussed and agreed in the casts group chat. 

18 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

another of those articles.
http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/41470/20170925/the-king-loves-yoona-shares-thoughts-on-eun-sans-choice-between-wang-won-wang-rin.htm

'The King Loves': YoonA Shares Thoughts On Eun San's Choice Between Wang Won & Wang Rin

(pls read full article, quoted below, only what we are interested in), guess this is a post article after the soompi article here

"Fans are divided about the conclusion of the drama, but the original novel on which it was based on had a similar ending: it has always been Eun San and Wang Rin who would end up together. In a recent interview, YoonA explained why her character chose Wang Rin over Wang Won in their romance period drama. 

"Many people were curious about San's feelings. Even I had to go to the end to realize that Eun San liked Rin," she revealed (via Soompi). However, eventually, Eun San opened up her heart to Wang Rin because he has always come to her rescue. "He always came to save her and showed up whenever she needed support, so I think her heart opened little by little. I think that when she learned it was Rin who saved her on the roof, she fell in love with him."

Advertisement

Moreover, the Girl's Generation member revealed that Eun San has always looked at Wang Won as a friend. It was different for Wang Rin who made the character's heart flutter. 

the-king-loves.png?w=750

I don't think Yoona doesn't know the end is Rin-san when the film begins. Since Eun San looked at Rin on horseback, when they came to the festival, that look was sure of those who liked to look at each other.

Before the king's party, when she talked to Biyeon, San wondered: If she became a woman of Won, should she clap her hands? Because of her feelings towards Rin. At that time, she did not know that Rin was her savior on the roof. If she really loves Won, she has no reason to refuse. Moreover, it relates to the fate of her family. I do not think she rejected Won because of Dan or Rin at the time, if she did not have feelings for Rin.

And I think Rin knows San's feelings with him too. They both understand each other's feelings, but try to suppress it. Rin will not kiss her if he knows she does not love him.

When Rin embraces San when rescuing her from Jeon and Song In, and when they see each other's eyes they look at each other in the night, I definitely end up being Rin-san. When Rin said to go with her, she expressed concern for Won, it was not because she loved Won, she sad because she and Rin left Won.

In the final episodes, what I care about is whether Rin will live or die?, because with what Rin and San show, there is no reason for Won-San's boat.

Archived