[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

sugarplum892

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@pristineqi@lynne22, @jongski, @angelangie The official announcement just came out - it premieres tonight. The update schedule is every Tue and Wed at 8pm. VIP members get to view 3 episodes in advance.

006W9bIjly1g9b5zg2ezfj30u0191npg.jpg

The jokes in the trailer remind me of A Step Into The Past. I thought time-travel is not allowed?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av77060655/

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I found an introduction on the drama and the premise seems to be it is a fictitious story written by a university student to convince his professor of the viability of his thesis topic — using modern ideas to analyse the history of Chinese literature.

https://3g.china.com/act/ent/11015422/20191126/37460560.html

• Like 1

Found this drama quite interesting. It’s got a intelligent main lead who is skilled in martial arts and the art of poison. I also really like this drama’s comedic elements.

I loved the scenes in episode 3 and 4 where Fan Xian and his stepmother were faking being nice to each other. It was hilarious!

There’s also a scene where Fan Xian accused his father of gossiping because he was talking about the Eldest Princess’s illegitimate daughter (this fact is supposed to be top secret). 

• Like 2