Director:

Broadcast Period: 7/20/2018

Cast:

Wu Lei

Yang Rong

Qin Hao

Zhang Ming En

Synopsis:

Our main character, an ordinary senior high school student: Li Cu (Leo Wu Leo), has been kidnapped and brought to the Badain Jaran Desert. Of those who went there, not one has come back alive. The scars on his back hold the key to the mystery of the ancient tombs. His kidnappers have died and he is next. As he tries to survive in this place, he meets the one that planned everything, from his kidnapping to changing the fate of the world — Wu Xie (Qin Hao). Under the threat of Wu Xie, Li Cu follows him to the ancient tombs. Together, they discover the stories behind the disappearing people in the pictures, the unexplained shadows, the broken cameras, the mummies, and more.

Cr: dramapanda.com

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Sand Sea 沙海 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai 

• 9 months later...

Sand Sea premieres Jul 20 starring Wu Lei

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Sand Sea 沙海 is a 55-episode Chinese web series adapted from a novel of the same name by Nan Pai San Shu 南派三叔. Just like its ambiguous title, its trailer also starts-off with a suspenseful line, "I am Li Cu, these are my last words..."

Our main character, an ordinary senior high school student: Li Cu (Leo Wu Leo), has been kidnapped and brought to the Badain Jaran Desert. Of those who went there, not one has come back alive. The scars on his back, holds the key to the mystery of the ancient tombs. His kidnappers have died and he is next. As he tries to survive in this place, he meets the one that planned everything, from his kidnapping, to changing the fate of the world — Wu Xie (Qin Hao). 

Under the threat of Wu Xie, Li Cu follows him to the ancient tombs. Together, they discover the stories behind the disappearing people in the pictures, the unexplained shadows, the broken cameras, the mummies, and more. Just watching the trailer is already nail-biting, I wonder how much suspense the real show has got. 

Starring Wu Lei (Magic Star), Qin Hao (Strategy), Zhang Meng (Ice Fantasy Destiny), Yang Rong (Demon Catcher Zhong Kui), Zhang Mingen (Tientsin Mystic), Jeff Ji (The Legend of Kaifeng), Zhu Jie (Falling Down), Zhu Jian (Untouchable Lovers), and Wang Haoxuan. 

Release Date: July 20, 2018 Tencent

SOURCE -DRAMA PANDA 

c-drama tweets (@dramapotatoe) Tweeted:

[ENG SUB] #SandSea / #SeaofSand releases a longer drama trailer introducing the characters by #WuLei, #QinHao, #YangRong, #ZhangMeng, cameo by #ZhangMingen who reprises his character in #TheMysticNine and more! Premieres 20 July.

#沙海 #吴磊 #秦昊 #杨蓉 #张萌 #张铭恩 #cdrama https://t.co/VAVjJthhm7

Eng subbed trailer

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Sand Sea 沙海

So far have watched up to 6 episodes and there were times it seems like Wu Lei who is supposed to be the main lead is being overshadowed by Qin Hao who played the character Wu Xie..i dunno, maybe he's still young or just still early yet in the show.  So far so good but then again i have always enjoyed watching Nan Pai San Shu's adaptations, i think i've seen them all already, from the movie with Luhan to all the dramas with LYF and WC..I've also noticed this one has 55 episodes so i hope it's not gonna be a drag.

Wu Lei's Gets Second Wax Figure as Sand Sea Protagonist Li Cu

9.jpg

Wu Lei's wax figure is now officially in Shanghai Madame Tussaud's making him the youngest Chinese actor to ever acquire two Madame Tussaud's wax figures at only eighteen years old.

Wu Lei surely sports an adventurous look with his second wax figure storming in the museum as Li Cu from Sand Sea.

Wu Lei has always been a dedicated and talented actor, entering the show business by merely the age of three. Up to this day, he has already starred in more than 50 dramas including the famous Nirvana in Fire.

5.jpg

Drama panda 

I'm truly loving this show so far, i especially like Zhang Mingen in this one and in The Mystic Nine..and i like Yang Rong too, infact i think the whole casts r doing a pretty good job except for the 'zombies'  :)..never liked watching shows with zombies, it's like it's useless trying to kill them (just run and hide already).:P

Archived