[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I spoiled mysellfff soo much. I couldn't resist to watch some parts without subs. 

The kissss.... i melted..:wub:

I want a Son Oh Gong too :D

For him I would also be ok to see demons :wink:

The story is deabak and Ma Wang. Poor him... always has side effects :D

I am pretty sure, we will have a happy ending. Maybe one of our OTP will dissapear at the end but will come back as human such as a gift for saving the world? Or will be reborn? But I am sure there will be a satisfying end. Thats why I love all Hong Sisters Dramas. They always make u laugh, cry and flutter ur heart. 

• Like 4

Personally, I am looking to see more MW umbrella action. There's been way too little of that despite him carrying it around all day. I feel that, there must be some significance to his choice of equips.

EDIT: damn, came in here, read the last couple posts, then realized I just spoiled the next ep for myself lol

Well, at least I am emotionally prepared for what's to come.

• Like 4

I have a question.  When SOG created the butterflies from SJ's blood, one landed on BJ and made her a zombie.  There were quite a few butterflies, does anyone think that they might have made further "monsters"? Maybe they'll be a part of SJ's army when it takes on the war?  

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, aunniek said:

I have a question.  When SOG created the butterflies from SJ's blood, one landed on BJ and made her a zombie.  There were quite a few butterflies, does anyone think that they might have made further "monsters"? Maybe they'll be a part of SJ's army when it takes on the war?  

I've been wondering about that too! If one drop of her blood is enough to make the dead come alive, then anything that her blood touched should have turned special in some kind. Sadly this has not been explored until now and I fear it might never be addressed....

I liked this week's "villian". I think she was actually good. Maybe wrong in the way she did things but not evil. I mean she was defeated by OG's words that what she did was actually harmful to the children, she was so shocked that she started crying and imploded D: That's the most benigne monster I've ever seen O_O

Btw I'm still feeling very sorry for the weird guy who has a crush on SM. I mean obviously he adores her and likes her in a way that she will not like him back. Shouldn't she just tell him that OG is the "fairy" she's been waiting for since childhodd and that she loves him? It would only be fair, wouldn't it?

• Like 8

YeaaY so happy for the ratings.

Regarding PK, i love him and Buja too but i still don't like him for just putting Sunmi there to be eaten that's just low.

He is angry that Sunmi made Buja that way? But Sunmi is the one who nade her alive in the first place.

hence demon is a demon.  Oh Gong might do the same eg. sacrificing Hanjoon,etc  if that happened to Sunmi, i won't like it too.

Let Sunmi and Buja find way to stay alive in the end please...

• Like 9

If MW could get his love back by Killing SM he would do it in an instant as well. These guys are not noble or good natured at all. And just  because PK as been pretty much comic relief  people have forgot he is a demon as well. 

• Like 9

Every night they lay in bed

the brightest colors fill their heads

a million things will keep them awake

There is a house that they can build

every room inside is filled

with alcohol, books and beds

keke. Yay to ep10!

• Like 9

Agree thant's why i say demons are just demons.   Sunmi has been so lonely and she kinda treat these people as her friends but they are just using her for different reasons.

However Oh Gong learnt a lot. He now knows how to care for kids. I was so touched when he said sorry to Sunmi with teary eyes. It's the most sincere word i have heard rather than the repeated "saranghanikka" by him. 

• Like 12

Greetings to everyone in this thread.

I watched episode 9 subbed and read snippets of the live recap for ep. 10 so far, and I am curious about Ma Wang’s motivation in tasking Sun Mi with finding the death bell. 

I feel like some of the steps Ma Wang made to manipulate the situation in this weekend’s episodes were done out of emotional haste rather than cool-headedly. Ma Wang told Sun Mi that her Sam Jang fate was punishment for releasing Oh Gong, and I think he made that reveal to drive a wedge in their relationship, so that Sun Mi would not release Oh Gong from the GGG and Ma Wang therefore would not lose his contractual hold over Oh Gong. Unfortunately, the result was too good of a wedge and Ma Wang stood to lose control of Oh Gong anyway, since the GGG ownership was taken by the book monster.

But all of that was not Ma Wang’s original goal, I think. If we back up to that conversation between Ma Wang and Sun Mi, Ma Wang had had the fire under him stoked by being reminded of Na Cheol Nyeo and then being denied any information of her. So at first I thought maybe he was just trying to gain points ASAP by having Sun Mi and Oh Gong work on separate problems.

But that’s probably not the (only) card he is playing, right? Ma Wang had told Oh Gong before that he would not send Sun Mi to get the bell, but instead would send Ma Ji-Young for something like that. And, indeed, finding a lost item seems more easily achieved by the canine secretary rather than Sun Mi who works more effectively in drawing out sentient monsters.

Ma Wang knows from talking to Soo Bo Ri in an earlier episode that either Sam Jang or Oh Gong is fated to die in preventing the apocalypse. He may even know which of the two it is. Yet Ma Wang had taken steps in ep. 8 to make Sun Mi not expect true goodwill from Oh Gong yet also not to fear being around him, so that they would continue to work together under Ma Wang. So why would Ma Wang now set Sun Mi to find an object that might make her aware of the death fate tied to being Sam Jang?

And how exactly does that bell work anyway?
The imagery and lines used when characters were discussing the bell so far seem to indicate that it either

A: Rings whenever the bearer of the bell meets the one who will cause the bearer’s death.
OR
B: Rings whenever the bearer of the bell meets the one whose death the bell bearer will cause.

Which is it? If this bell is something that is supposed to be used by the grim reapers in their work, then B would make more sense, right? So, Oh Gong is fated to die for Sun Mi’s sake then?

Sun Mi has a strong determination to survive, but I think that she would not hesitate to die if it is to save another person, especially if it is someone she cares for like Oh Gong. But if Sun Mi were to find out that her existence might cause Oh Gong’s death, I wonder what she would do? Since it started ringing after the GGG was reactivated, wouldn’t she remove the GGG? What then was Ma Wang’s goal?

Conversely, if Sun Mi were to find out that she is fated to die because of Oh Gong, then she has enough backbone and love for him that I think she might just decide to do whatever she can to rebel against fate, which would be interesting considering her reactions to when she first found out about being Sam Jang and to what she believes to be the love bell’s ring.

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, rittoo said:

I liked this week's "villian". I think she was actually good. Maybe wrong in the way she did things but not evil. I mean she was defeated by OG's words that what she did was actually harmful to the children, she was so shocked that she started crying and imploded D: That's the most benigne monster I've ever seen O_O

Btw I'm still feeling very sorry for the weird guy who has a crush on SM. I mean obviously he adores her and likes her in a way that she will not like him back. Shouldn't she just tell him that OG is the "fairy" she's been waiting for since childhodd and that she loves him? It would only be fair, wouldn't it?

I think SM finally knows SOG's sincere heart, so she'll tell Jonathan.  I think her doubts about SOG have been what's kept in the picture for this long.  I personally find him kinda greasy and will be happy when he's gone.  

I agree, I think this week's villain was trying to be good in her own misguided way.  She just wanted to take children out of bad places and bring them to happy ones.  She was actually "eating" their souls like the Iron Fan princess.  

Big Rant Coming:

There is a lot of talk about SOG's sincerity in his feelings and actions. I think he's been constantly growing emotionally throughout the show and actually the one that is the most honest with his actions and feelings (when he's aware of them). I think his sincerity of feelings toward SM started showing back in episode 4 when he said he'd protect even if the world breaks.  It has been continually shown via all the small things he's done for her, like the popcorn for her grandma's funeral, learning what SM likes, etc., as well as the grand unspoken gestures like destroying a world for her, giving up the shingiru, and not using Frosty's freezing opportunity to let MW eat SM.  As for others, he obviously has great affection for OJ and Frosty and his sibling affection/bickering with SJ is adorable.  I think he felt genuine pain and/or pity for the mermaid when he saw her condition and his remorse over not keeping his promise to SM and his honest conviction to protect the girl soul's little sister.  Finally, even though he felt justified in doing so, he felt bad for feeding MW SJ's blood as well as feeling genuinely remorseful for bringing MW hurt by bringing up Princess Fan.  

I for one think the most insincere, manipulative, and cunning in his actions has been MW.  He's constantly scheming to use both SJ and SOG to achieve his own goals.  I think the most blatant evidence of this insincerity was shown in today's episode when he seemed to empathize with SOG's pain over SM and said he would even help him leave.  All the while he was scheming with the bookseller to try and find a way to leash him to stay.  The manipulation he used on both SOG and SM about the origin of her becoming SJ was blatant and frankly I think hypocritical.  He has one goal, so save Iron Fan Princess, which I believe is why he sent SM to SOG to get the fan.  He knew fully well what SOG was capable of and still sent a small vulnerable child to him to do his bidding.  With that he is as responsible for making SM SJ as SOG.  (Although in the end, I think SM being SJ was fated from the beginning). 

Maybe the difference in their attitudes, actions, and emotions stems from SOG having actually been a Taoist deity, having previously reached enlightenment, while MW has always been a "demon".  I get a strong feeling that in the end of the world battle, MW will be leading the forces against SJ instead of being by her side.  Only time will tell.........

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

p.s. I don't hate PK for shoving SM into the car with zombie BJ. It's consistent with his nature and the way he thinks. Just as I'm fine with OG beating up the bookseller despite the character being shown as a woman since the woman is a demon as well.

Totally agree!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rittoo said:

I've been wondering about that too! If one drop of her blood is enough to make the dead come alive, then anything that her blood touched should have turned special in some kind. Sadly this has not been explored until now and I fear it might never be addressed....

If it is never addressed then I am going to assume that they are still flying somewhere ... indefinitely. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I can’t stop replying at the kiss scene. I have never been like this on any kiss scenes of OYS’s dramas all this time. All the dramas that she had kiss this one was the best. 

By the way i forgive PK since i am more excited with OTP kisses. 3 kisses is one scene  had made me forget all that it happened on ep 10 :blush: 

all JSM friends are demons and will betray her anytime except for the secretary man since he truly  sees her as a friend or family and wants her to be happy and SOG 

I don’t expect anything from MW, PK, Zombie, Secretary dog or CEO since they are nice to her because they want something from her and they never really considere her feelings. MW for example all that he is doing is not for JSM shake but for his own shake and he makes her think that he is telling her in order to not be hurt but in reality is just for him to really know what she is sad about and be ahead of SOG not because he truly cares for her. 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, estrellita1122 said:

I can’t stop replying at the kiss scene. I have never been like this on any kiss scenes of OYS’s dramas all this time. All the dramas that she had kiss this one was the best. 

Right haha? As her fan, I was worried cos she is def not the best in those scenes.

well she was quite good in SOGC with Janghyuk

bu i have to say this is the best. Good job Seunggi...thanks~ haha :tongue:

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Right haha? As her fan, I was worried cos she is def not the best in those scenes.

well she was quite good in SOGC with Janghyuk

bu i have to say this is the best. Good job Seunggi...thanks~ haha :tongue:

Yes and glad to see you again here. Yes she has been improving her kisses 

Also i really hope this drama has a nice ending since i want OYS to finally had a happy ending since almost all her lasted dramas have weird endings. SOGC bad ending that it took me time to accepted(even herself was shock with the ending :(, mr comeback had an open ending that we had to analyze it and assume the aftermath, only sassy girl 2017 had a happy ending) 

• Like 7