Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

puuuff this was a tough episode, this episode shows us how different SJ and OG are, while SJ is longing for an happy ordinary life, OG is the great sage, who values his migtyness and immortality. Only with great love and sacrifices would their love work out somehow, and this "new owner" demon will be their first step to hopefully face their fears and openly admitting their love without the GGG influence.

maybe its true that their fate is death, but by maybe trough death could their love be permitted by the heavens? first they need to work on addmitting their feeling tho'.

am I the only one who think SJ wedding dress is stunning? and what would happen to BJ?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

After MW, Sec Ma, and OG walk out of the wedding hall, SM stands by herself and fantasizes actually being at the altar with OG. When OG comes back to get her. This clip covers part of that conversation.

Snippet from before the video clip starts:

SM: What do I do if it’s real? (me: since she has already been wondering if OG is her fated spouse already)

(SM turns around to see OG watching her.)

OG: What are you doing? Do you like that dress that much? Do you want to get married?
SM: No. Marriage - whatever. As if I had anyone to go get married to.

from the video clip:
OG: You’re already come twice, to me. Once today, and once the last time.
SM: The last time?
(flashback to when SM had been about to be one of 7 brides to a demon when rescued by OG. She had kissed him then, and caused the geumganggo to activate)
SM: How is that getting married?
OG: You can come again. I like it. (beckons her with a finger) Come quickly.
SM: I’m not going. Did anyone say that I would get married to you?
OG: I said that you should come quickly so we can go to the restaurant. We have to eat before we go after all. (smiles at SM’s chagrin) You can come to me in marriage as well. However many times you come to me, I’ll accept them all. (smiles again) Hurry and come. (walks out)
SM: I must be crazy. I think I hear a bell ringing again.

(MW, Sec. Ma talking in the car later)
Sec Ma: Ma Wang-nim, is Sam Jang and Oh Gong finished now?
MW: Yes. She said that she has come to her senses.
(flashback to SM saying: Since I don’t have to worry about what happens after taking off the geumganggo, I have no expectations and my mind is at peace.)
MW: Since she has no expectations and her mind is at peace, that must be why she picked a dress like that. If she had been dressed prettily, I might have been suspicious.
Sec. Ma: Even though she was dressed like that, the Great Sage Equal to the Heavens said that she still looked pretty.
MW: Well, him, since the geumganggo is definitely causing him to be in love. “The reduction of the universe to the compass of a single being, and the extension of a single being until it reaches God - that is love.” Victor Hugo.
Sec. Ma: So, to the Great Sage Equal to the Heavens who is wearing the geumganggo, Sam Jang is his entire universe and his God.
MW: That’s right. Had Victor Hugo also been wearing a geumganggo… How could he know that so well?
Sec. Ma: He probably had been in love. Isn’t that why Ma Wang-nim also understands that love? Since you also had a person who was your entire universe and your God?
MW: That woman who had been my universe and my God is probably living somewhere in this world right now. How difficult a fated existence must she be enduring right now?

So, the fun in the dialogue between OG and SM has to do with how Koreans talk about marriage. A woman is said to "go" to a man in marriage, while from the man's perspective, the woman "comes" to him in marriage. So, OG can deliberately tease with his usage of the word "come" to mean both to come to him in marriage and to come along to the restaurant, in consecutive statements. LOL. And, he does it twice.:

This is when he's telling her she can marry him again since he likes it, and then deliberately uses his words to tell her to come along, knowing it'll be misunderstood.

OG: You can come again. I like it. Come quickly.

However, he does it again, this time in talking about going to the restaurant and then explicitly clarifying his sentiment regarding marrying her, but in his parting shot of "Hurry and come", he's nominally talking about going to the restaurant since he turns to leave after, but it's also an oblique statement to her to come "marry" him again.

OG: I said that you should come quickly so we can go to the restaurant. We have to eat before we go after all. You can come to me in marriage as well. However many times you come to me, I’ll accept them all.  Hurry and come.

I think it's this type of fun, fast dialogue that makes this a Hong Sisters drama, for me anyway. :)

Watching EP 9 wedding scene and I really hope the story doesn’t end with reincarnation for SM and SOG waits for SM etc etc. Argh! I hate that type of storylines!! :(

Got that feel from what SOG told SM.. that she can marry him over and over again no matter how many times. Argh!!! 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

puuuff this was a tough episode, this episode shows us how different SJ and OG are, while SJ is longing for an happy ordinary life, OG is the great sage, who values his migtyness and immortality. Only with great love and sacrifices would their love work out somehow, and this "new owner" demon will be their first step to hopefully face their fears and openly admitting their love without the GGG influence.

maybe its true that their fate is death, but by maybe trough death could their love be permitted by the heavens? first they need to work on addmitting their feeling tho'.

am I the only one who think SJ wedding dress is stunning? and what would happen to BJ?

I like the hypothesis you made about death being the way to have their love to be permitted by heavens. That's a very good way of looking at the death bell. 

I agree with you that they have to admit their feelings first. I hope this episode is where we will see them their admission...  It is like long overdue..:huh:

And yes SM looks stunning in that wedding dress...it is not a dress that can be pulled off by anyone!!  She looks just like a doll! :wub:

• Like 5

I dunno why I feel we will get ending SOG will always wait for JSM again and again, because he said that he loves to marry her again and again. JSM will be the only one woman for him, as we know as SOG, he sure will make sure to meet and make JSM fall in love with him and marry him again and again... hahahahahahhaa....

Honestly I've scared for tonight episode because of the preview but the spoiler kiss lighten my heart. I believe JSM will kiss him first and he will kiss her back passionately..... Please.... This is TvN... Give us the wild beautiful one please....

• Like 15

Yeah but the reincarnation storyline is really a cop-out.

Hwayugi has managed to surprise me every episode so far and I really love the refreshing plot. I hope the scriptwriters wont end their story that way. It’s really not original, not romantic and definitely not a happy ending. And also not SOG become human either. That’s quite lame also (sorry!!)

Since the scriptwriters have broken so many rules/conventions so far just break them all! Make the human immortal and let them be together always! No more need of any SJ because our OTP will be there to protect our world always! :wub:

• Like 3

Yes, finally. They will finally kiss! Let's hope that this will be two sided kiss and also I hope that there will be she who kiss him first. 

And the way how she holds his hand awww. Just to much feels for me in the beginning of the day :wub:

And are they give us some flaff scenes tonight or are we already must wait until the next week?

• Like 5

Y'all, I've been awake since 1am, it's 3:42am now. At this point I feel like I should just stay awake until the episode airs (6am) and then crash. These postings are giving me life! A kiss! A clip! I am so happy right now. :D

• LOL 3

And also there's a fairytale book on the table. It seems that SM is okay now and OG rescued her from the book.

And they finally understood each other feels. Yeees :blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, immortal_piglet said:

The last time I was this crazy over a korean drama was moon lovers. Really love dramas where the male lead is fiercely protective over the female lead :flushed: . This show also made me turn into a lee seung gi fan. He’s looking mighty fine. :D 

made me a fan of him as well watched gu family book due to him. 

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

I dunno why I feel we will get ending SOG will always wait for JSM again and again, because he said that he loves to marry her again and again. JSM will be the only one woman for him, as we know as SOG, he sure will make sure to meet and make JSM fall in love with him and marry him again and again... hahahahahahhaa....

Honestly I've scared for tonight episode because of the preview but the spoiler kiss lighten my heart. I believe JSM will kiss him first and he will kiss her back passionately..... Please.... This is TvN... Give us the wild beautiful one please....

i would hate this but sort of be ok with it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Yeah but the reincarnation storyline is really a cop-out.

Hwayugi has managed to surprise me every episode so far and I really love the refreshing plot. I hope the scriptwriters wont end their story that way. It’s really not original, not romantic and definitely not a happy ending. And also not SOG become human either. That’s quite lame also (sorry!!)

Since the scriptwriters have broken so many rules/conventions so far just break them all! Make the human immortal and let them be together always! No more need of any SJ because our OTP will be there to protect our world always! :wub:

Human being immortal would be a surprise but i dont see it happening. 

• Like 1

Sunmi loves that old fashion wedding dress despite the mocking  haha

even after their mission finished , she is still in dream mode playing with her veil... so cute how Oh Gong is watching her from behind :wub::wub:

and he said he will get married to her how many times she wants

• Like 3

Just wanna share that my creepy self has just discovered JSM is holding SOG’s sleeve with her tiny hand during their second kiss. The Universe knows just how much I ship this. 

*creepy giggles*

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

2 hours ago, sadpluto said:

Can someone please post the English translation for the new OST? I can't find it anywhere:confounded:

Here it is. :) I tried my best but since I'm not a native speaker for both Korean and English, I don't know how accurate this is. :huh:

It's nothing.

Even though I try to forget,

Your words won't leave my mind.

Your words, like a sharp thorn, stab me.

Those words torment me all day long.

Do you know me?

How much do you know?

What do you know?

Tell me whatever you mind says.

You think what you see is everything.

Could anything else be wrong?

Beyond your space,

if you just come into my time and look,

I think you will find out the truth,

that I'm hurting like you too.

Please don't just hear your own words and

open your ears.

Even for just once.

Just once you too,

if you try becoming me,

you think you'll be different?

By chance, if you were me,

if you were me.

In your words, like a sharp thorn,

my head is spinning again.

Even if I say No,

I fall for you again.

Turn back the time,

Turn your heart back again.

Could you fall in love?

If you were me.

Until the wound you gave me is healed,

only the traces you left behind

come to find me.

It reminds me of you.

Today, again, why am I

trying to find you? Why?

Beyond your space,

open your ears.

Even for just once.

Just once you too,

if you try becoming me,

By chance, if you were me,

if you were me.

When the cold wind blows,

I hear your words,

the words that are stuck in my heart,

those words hurt me a lot.

Even when I try to sleep,

I hear your words,

the words that are stuck in my heart,

those words hurt me a lot.

Beyond your space,

open your ears.

Even for just once.

Just once you too,

if you try becoming me,

if you were me.

If you were me,

could things be a little different?

If you were me,

could we be together?

If you were me,

would it have been not as bad?

If you were me.

If you were me,

could things be a little different?

If you were me,

could we be together?

If you were me,

would it have been not as bad?

By chance, if you were me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, lovcom00 said:

Just wanna share that my creepy self has just discovered JSM is holding SOG’s sleeve with her tiny hand during their second kiss. The Universe knows just how much I ship this. 

*creepy giggles*

her bracelet is not back though ;o 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wotad said:

her bracelet is not back though ;o 

You mean his bracelet?

maybe this time our otp will realize and confess their love without the bracelet.

*praying super hard* *please be good tonight* *please don't decrease the rating *

• Like 4

After a long time Im interested in Kdrama again. And Hwayugi made me like that :D.
Seunggi is so handsome and cool in this drama. Because he with the image "heodang" in 1N2D too impressive so this made me very surprised lol :D
Kiss still cut, ahhhhh I'm looking forward to the broadcast tonight :wub:

• Like 3