[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

On 10/25/2017 at 1:14 AM, larus said:

Actress Kim Ji-soo is expected to appear in "Hwayugi" instead of Chu Ha Jun.   Chu Ja Hyun is pregnant with her first child and she decided to step down from the role

@larus I'm happy with this update. I discovered her when I watched  tvN Memory. I like  how she acted, how her character was. When that drama ended. I said, I wish to see her in another one again. Here it is.  I read updates though it's on;y special appearance but an important one in the story. Good to see Cha Seung Won  as well. As for Lee Seung Gi. I know I watch one of his drama opposite Lee Bo Young. But not familiar with him.  So he's the lead not CSW?  Anyway, I'm not fond of fantasy dramas. Done right, however... I can watch and get interested.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 11/8/2017 at 7:42 PM, jongski said:

As for Lee Seung Gi. I know I watch one of his drama opposite Lee Bo Young. But not familiar with him.

You must be confusing him with someone else. He never worked opposite LBY.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2017 at 3:53 AM, incoty said:

You must be confusing him with someone else. He never worked opposite LBY.

You're so right. That was another actor. I also don't know who. Thanks for correcting.  I don't know him. But I know I watched one of this drama.  I'm pretty sure it's him playing rich guy or military guy. But I read he just returned from his MS so good to see he's doing drama already.

• Like 1

Well as a korean drama fan...  King2hearts is a masterpiece ..I had fun discussing this drama on dramabeans with other people watching it..  King2hearts has the most no. Comments in dramabeans showing how good that drama is. Even dramas right now will look pale if we face them up against king 2 hearts.

I hope hwayugi will not disappoint us. 

• Like 2

Lee Seung Gi Reveals Why He Chose “Hwayugi” As His Comeback Drama

Lee-Seung-Gi-1.jpg

Lee Seung Gi recently shot his first magazine pictorial since being discharged from the military with @star1.

In the accompanying interview, the multi-talented star opened up about the difference in personality when he is a normal civilian and when he was a soldier.

“I actually participated in all the marches, even the ones that I didn’t need to. My competitive spirit grew while I was in the army, so I wanted to experience everything I could,” he revealed. “Lee Seung Gi as a celebrity has a set path in terms of activities, but special forces’ soldier Lee Seung Gi was someone who challenged everything to the limit.”

Lee Seung Gi has already confirmed his first acting project following his service to his country. He will be starring as the lead of tvN’s “Hwayugi,” a drama written by the Hong sisters and based on an ancient fantasy novel.

He explained his choice, saying, “First of all, the script was so fun. I’ve also worked with the Hong sisters before so I believed in them. More than anything, I thought that I could portray [the character] well.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/13/lee-seung-gi-reveals-chose-hwayugi-comeback-drama/

• Like 5

On 11/11/2017 at 9:16 PM, jongski said:

You're so right. That was another actor. I also don't know who. Thanks for correcting.  I don't know him. But I know I watched one of this drama.  I'm pretty sure it's him playing rich guy or military guy. But I read he just returned from his MS so good to see he's doing drama already.

clearlly king2hearts..with ha ji won..

that's my first drama ever.. and i was so irritated with the female lead :(

plus absolutely charmed by JJS (oh my ghostess) who is the half of other couple in this drama

• Like 3

Okay. I'm on board this drama.  It's LSG with cute smile (love to see him with hyungs in 2d1n) and Cha Champion.  Now it reminds me to the refrigerator PPL. ..lol.. OYS was ok in Sassy girl.  

Alas,  let's hope for the best! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, incoty said:

Hwayug's official (?) logo.

i'm not convinced that one  is the official logo even the fb page was verified. The logo is too simple.

Let's wait and see..

DNxTq_eXcAA4ye6.jpg

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2017 at 9:01 PM, HolyBasil said:

Well as a korean drama fan...  King2hearts is a masterpiece ..I had fun discussing this drama on dramabeans with other people watching it..  King2hearts has the most no. Comments in dramabeans showing how good that drama is. Even dramas right now will look pale if we face them up against king 2 hearts.

I hope hwayugi will not disappoint us. 

Up to date K2H is my favorite LSG drama, hope this new one reach or even overpass that's level :-)

• Like 4