Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

5 minutes ago, rainy12 said:

anyone knows the title of song when Oh Gong backhug Mawang in the lift? thanks.

the song played only two lines of the song but I'm curious about the song.

It's Oh Hae Young ost  by Ben "Like A Dream"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

I'm so bitter that OYS game cf can fit the ending so much better than this crappy writing lol

http://r-a-n-x-i-e.tumblr.com/post/171696763784/coz-this-is-how-hwayugi-ending-was-suppose-to/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hallelujah! The closure we all deserved! God bless this fan.

Take note writers..this is how you end a show.

This made me very happy. :D

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Will OYS and LSG have promotion of Hwayugi in Japan?

They should

oh and they should also  reshoot the final ep before pissing Japanese viewers 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, haymochi said:

They should

Wah that will be good.. Because both of them are so busy, they didn't have proper interview together nor photoshoot....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

They should

LOL, are Japanese viewers going to join us at being pissed off at the ending? Because I don't think they can reshoot it now with everyone being so busy..especially the OTP.

• Like 3

The thing is, I still don’t understand Buja. Didn’t they show in a preview her being trapped in a coffin or a room? Why didn’t they continue that plot line? Why or why?!! <crying and shaking her fist  to the deities of Hwayugi > Instead she went where? Basically nowhere .

So Im going to write a dear diary to vent my frustration. 

Dear Diary, 

Today I ate pancakes. While I ate them, I  thought of Hwayugi and it’s potential. Because heck they go together. :D

Potential 

1. Buja, Buja with her unnie. Buja and P.K. Buja where are you? 

2. JSM self sacrifice. 

3. The OTP self sacrifice reward. The end result? JSM vacation to the underworld. I think Japan would have been better. Man if she knew she would be scraficed  regardless, maybe the penthouse scenario would have been episode 10 and above. Or at least lots of kisses.  As a viewer, I wouldn’t mind. :wink:

4. ASN story arc tied together with the politician. 

Anyone want to add more? 

@YourHighness . Netflix should ask the cast to sign a contract similar to Marvel’s world. For the prequel, and sequel. 

Or a manwha.. Just give us something! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, nrbrown said:

The thing is, I still don’t understand is Buja. Didn’t they show in a preview her being trapped in a coffin or a room? Why didn’t they continue that plot line? Why or why?!! <crying and shaking her fist  to the deities of Hwayugi > Instead she went where? Basically nowhere .

So Im going to write a dear diary to vent my frustration. 

Dear Diary, 

Today I ate pancakes. While I ate them, I  thought of Hwayugi and it’s potential. Because heck they go together. :D

Potential 

1. Buja, Buja with her unnie. Buja and P.K. Buja where are you? 

2. JSM self sacrifice. 

3. The OTP self sacrifice reward. The end result? JSM vacation to the underworld. I think Japan would have been better. Man if she knew she would be scraficed  regardless, maybe the penthouse scenario would have been episode 10 and above. Or at least lots of kisses.  As a viewer, I wouldn’t mind. :wink:

4. ASN story arc tied together with the politician. 

Anyone want to add more? 

@YourHighness . Netflix should ask the cast to sign a contract similar to Marvel’s world. For the prequel, and sequel. 

Or a manwha.. Just give us something! 

Actually that scene was Buja trapped in the container when ASN possessed her. It was not a coffin. They did show that scene to us.

Ah, so many plots wasted. :( How about SOG as CEO of M group? Is he just going to disappear from the earth again now that KDS and the threat is gone? If he will be back in the human world..how will they explain JSM's reappearance? Amnesia due to the accident? Does this mean she will get her business back?

I dunno about a contract..does K entertainment industry even have such contracts? BTW someone on LSG-OYS shipping thread mentioned that there's a rumor that Winter General claimed the car scene was not supposed to be the ending. Due to time constraint, they had to show it as the ending and apparently for Japan airing, they may change it. No idea how true this rumor is.

• Like 4

Here is chapter 3 to my fanfiction

https://my.w.tt/70rmw2BYcL

....to all the Hwayugi fans who are missing oh gong and SunMi as much as I am...

On the side note, the love-love scene from ep 5 was the first clip I saw of Hwayugi and that's what convinced me to watch the drama because I wasn't originally interested in watching it after hearing park bogum rejected the drama. But now I can't see anyone playing oh gong as perfect as LSG. In fact LSG is SOG... Anyhoo and after binge watching the first 8 episodes I was totally and utterly and irrevocably in love with this drama and it's OTP (seriously their chemistry is no joke.). I still go back and watch the scene it was such a gem.... Ahh....good times.... After having my heart broken into million pieces by Hong sisters I decided to write my own happy ending for my OTP... also to overcome my withdrawal syndrome and writing about SunMi and oh gong helps...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you.. *runs off wattpad*:tongue:

My withdrawals symptom is still too strong right now

aaah yes, i did read about Park Bo Gum casting at the beginning.  I like him too but  he is so puppyish and Oh Yeon Seo will look like a nuna to him (although in one of her interview, he did say that she is a fangirl of him as well)

i can't imagine other casting for these two cos they have this deep, real, hot, and sexy chemistry that made your stomach churn everytime you see them.Lee Seung Gi portrayal of SOG is just too perfect...

• Like 3

@haymochi @taskdramafanatic I concur, LSG was fantastic in his role as SOG. PBG is cute/handsome and a good actor, but he doesn’t appeal to me to be honest. Maybe  too innocent?  <goes in search for his Wikipedia page to check his age>

Small interlude. 

<comes back>

Yep, now I know why. I doubt we would have gotten a sizzling, and hot romance story. 

Thank you LSG for accepting the role instead! :wub:

@YourHighness . Thanks for reminding me about the scene. I wish she was still trapped tho. Maybe we can play, Where in the world is Buja? B)

Ah yes SOG the cheobol. Rather short lived. But at least 503 couple had a wonderful time at the penthouse. Wasn’t wasted. Phew! :wink:

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

LOL, are Japanese viewers going to join us at being pissed off at the ending? Because I don't think they can reshoot it now with everyone being so busy..especially the OTP.

A friend post in Seungyeon forum, the Japan version gonna be edited, the ep 2 delete scene gonna include in the episode and the ending gonna be added, probably Japan version gonna have closure in the end 

Guys lets pray the ending in Japanese version of Hwayugi gonna has closure and better than original version

• Like 6

16 hours ago, nrbrown said:

@40somethingahjumma The ASN story arc had soooo much potential <grumble, grumble> and it pretty much fell flat on its face. After watching the bookseller arc you would think she will  be an awesome evil character. Up it’s game format?

The exact opposite of JSM etc,etc. But instead we received a 1000 yr old  virgin kitten :huh:

I personally thought JSM should have stopped worrying too much if SOG loved her for real or not. And just go with the flow. Think in the present for SOG, and start thinking a little more on the doomsday scenario of the future. Cause if I had a doomsday scenario forced upon me, I would pretty much try to be happy in the present. But that’s just me. :tongue: 

As a second tier villain, ASY was fine. As someone who was capable of disrupting relationships and causing widespread mischief in the city, she would've worked well. I didn't have any problems with her trying to come in between OG and SM... "trying" being the operative word here. :wink: Of course no one below the pay grade of a bottisatva can really pull wool over SOG's eyes. I had more than a few laughs watching OG outwit her and making her life a living nightmare while she was in possession of SM's body. All of that is very much in keeping with the spirit of the JttW.  Sure she had a very nasty habit of feeding on humans but that didn't seem to translate into anything massively urgent and nobody seemed to notice or care. 

What would have raised the stakes from my perspective, is if she had called out the dragon earlier and it took possession of KDS who in turned killed her, paving the way for him to be a far more formidable villain. With the dragon feeding off all the negative energy in and around KDS, it could have become incredibly powerful to the point where even the Great Sage would have really struggled to overcome it. I was a little disappointed that the writers didn't do more with the Korea Foundation's roots as pro-Japanese collaborators during the occupation and delve more deeply into KDS' present day political relationships as he heads for the Blue House's top job. Some of that was touched on at the end in a very rushed fashion but in the end KDS seemed to be a mere puppet. 

The second point you raised was one I mentioned in the early days of the series. I think the romance could have gone either one of two ways. But since they wanted the geumganggo to be a catalyst for love we got what we got. In the end the push-pull with the geumganggo went a bit too long because as we now know, they wanted the geumganggo to save OG's life... presumably informing us in banal fashion that "love conquers all". :wink:

I still feel that the SM/SJ character was underserviced in this drama only because she was largely the primary vehicle for SOG's transformation into a better behaved monkey. She would take a step forward and then go back two steps in that dynamic, coming across as being indecisive while he would be kept on his toes bemoaning his enslavement. 

I truly did enjoy the first half of the show which gave me a lot of laughs. When the show didn't take itself too seriously and was very clever about it, it was brilliant. Even the moralizing underlying the ghostbustering was fantastic. But when it started to head towards messianic angst territory while still trying to be humorous, the show started to flounder and the financial restraints showed.

Thanks for interacting with me dear. Really appreciate it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dvrels said:

A friend post in Seungyeon forum, the Japan version gonna be edited, the ep 2 delete scene gonna include in the episode and the ending gonna be added, probably Japan version gonna have closure in the end 

Guys lets pray the ending in Japanese version of Hwayugi gonna has closure and better than original version

What???!! This is so unfair....:crazy::crazy:

why do they treat Korean viewers and us this way

hmmph...i'm seeing red right now

don't tell me they are going to give lots of bts for the otp too?

Dvd Dvd where  are you?? I need to pre order like right now

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, haymochi said:

What???!! This is so unfair....:crazy::crazy:

why do they treat Korean viewers and us this way

hmmph...i'm seeing red right now

don't tell me they are going to give lots of bts for the otp too?

Dvd Dvd where  are you?? I need to pre order like right now

I just wish we can access to the Japanese version, so we can see the better ending, also I'm curious about the deleted scene in ep 2 hahaha

• Like 3

I think they cut quite a lot of scenes from hwayugi.. Correct me if I am wrong, hongki did post pic in his insta where Pal Gye were in a lockup..I didnt see it in any of the episodes..not sure if it is supposed to be in the drama or not tho..

4_C3_D23_D2-6158-4900-_BAE0-_F3701_B5221he wore the same outfit..

i wish I can watch the japanese version if they had diff ending.. I really hope so!

• Like 3