Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

You guys noticed that the female characters were the only ones that got killed off tragically from this drama?  Summer Fairy, Buja, Alice (Possessed by Prince), SunMi... 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, haymochi said:

This this this!!!

but no matter how much crappy writing they gave the last 1.5 ep i  still can't move on from this drama because of the otp story. SOG was such a refreshing change of male lead with his determination, protectiveness, and straightforwardness in confessing and showing his love.  Sunmi isn't the typical sassy female lead but i always love her relatable and kind hearted  side that i want her to be protected, love, and sometimes her sad eyes melt my heart.

Dragon prince acting is really bad lol and viewers keep asking her character to be out of the show so it's not helping. 

But i feel for Buja, agree with @annie1234 if she is gonna ended that way better make her ASN from the start. 

When she lost her power to Sunmi i feel like she has no purpose in the show anymore. I feel bad for Lee Se Young during the last 3 eps cos she is not here nor there because of the writing. This happened to Sunmi character btw ep 11-12 too... then we also have a strange part of MW suddenly want to eat samjang lol 

Same..I hate, hate the ending but I love the OTP's love story. I was watching the first 4 episode yesterday and the difference in SOG is so striking. From wanting to kill and eat her, he went to wanting to protect her at all cost..even at his own life.

You know what I loved about SOG was that he didn't fall for JSM's beauty. He loved her soul. He did not fall for her face when ASN was inside her. He moved heaven and earth to bring her back. I read on Dramabeans how SOG was more tortured and scared when ASN was in JSM's body instead of when she literally died. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the post because the answer is so simple. When ASN was in JSM's body, he did not know where she was. He couldn't go to her until she called him. He couldn't bring her back. But when she died, he was shattered so bad he could barely function, let alone think and plan to get her back from the Land of the dead. Did you notice his deadened eyes and his haggard walk when he was going to get the sword to kill the Dragon?

If he had not lost his memory after the fight, he would have torn down the Land of the dead the minute he destroyed the Dragon to get JSM back.

JSM I loved because she was a fantastic heroine, sharp, smart, rich, successful, with a heart of gold. She was not the typical candy heroine. She fought back and didn't think twice of dismissing SOG if she was annoyed with him. She was kind but she also had a backbone. *sigh* Where else can I get such a heroine with the power to change a naughty demon into a loving deity? How can you not love her?

Don't remind me. It was so weird how MW's reason to eat or protect JSM kept changing LOL. BJ was another waste. ASN was fine as a temporary vamp but by making her a long running one and desperate at that..she turned boring and typical quite fast.

3 minutes ago, norakim said:

You guys noticed that the female characters were the only ones that got killed off tragically from this drama?  Summer Fairy, Buja, Alice (Possessed by Prince), SunMi... 

Yeah but Alice didn't die. The Prince did. You forgot MW's wife in the list. Oh this show...<_<

• Like 11

OG was more scared when ASN in sunmi's body?

what ???!!!!! That guy was full of murder instinct to kill ASN  after finding Sunmi.

However after Sunmi died, that guy was shattered to pieces.

Can you ever imagine the great sage SOG sealing himself in Sireumdong like a crazy man.

just like you said he is barely functioning.and it was unbearable  watching him in tremendous pain eveytime a glimpse of Sunmi  memory came back 

if he didn't lost his memory or Sunmi didn't came back to heal  his broken heart, he would have taken that sword and stabbed himself.

I guess getting a chance to meet her for the last time enabled him to make an unbreakable promise and determination to bring her back. *Forever bitter that we didn't get to see it*

cos i actually have no problem of Sunmi dying. That's a plot device needed to make her a deity...

i love a mature and calm female lead too. She gives me hope that there is nothing wrong being kind hearted and forgiving in this cruel world .

OG love for her is beyond her appearance... it's her pure soul that attracted him like a magnet.  Gaaah....

Dying to rewatch the drama from ep 1 again but everytime i remember the ending i became a scaredy cat :wacko:

• Like 13

8 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I was watching the first 4 episode yesterday and the difference in SOG is so striking. From wanting to kill and eat her, he went to wanting to protect her at all cost..even at his own life.

Me too, I also watched episode 1 up to episode 4 yesterday for me to eventually let go. SOG stares from JSM at first till the last episodes gradually change from always saying to JSM "I want you to choose me to eat you to I want you to hold me and believe in me tag lines. From always saying saranghanika nonchalantly  till saying it with pure conviction. From not minding JSM and thinking she's only a nuisance human being to making her his life and can't live without her. Arrghh my love for our OTP keeps stronger. Even the smallest detail were shown in each episode and now it makes my heart ache when I saw it clearly. Like the one when JSM said that she don't have anyone but herself then SOG immediately said that I'm now here, I will be by your side remarks gave such huge impact to me. I guessed it will take a year for me to move on just like when I watch Goblin :D

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, haymochi said:

OG was more scared when ASN in sunmi's body?

what ???!!!!! That guy was full of murder instinct to kill ASN  after finding Sunmi.

However after Sunmi died, that guy was shattered to pieces.

Can you ever imagine the great sage SOG sealing himself in Sireumdong like a crazy man.

just like you said he is barely functioning.and it was unbearable  watching him in tremendous pain eveytime a glimpse of Sunmi  memory came back 

if he didn't lost his memory or Sunmi didn't came back to heal  his broken heart, he would have taken that sword and stabbed himself.

I guess getting a chance to meet her for the last time enabled him to make an unbreakable promise and determination to bring her back. *Forever bitter that we didn't get to see it*

cos i actually have no problem of Sunmi dying. That's a plot device needed to make her a deity...

i love a mature and calm female lead too. She gives me hope that there is nothing wrong being kind hearted and forgiving in this cruel world .

OG love for her is beyond her appearance... it's her pure soul that attracted him like a magnet.  Gaaah....

Dying to rewatch the drama from ep 1 again but everytime i remember the ending i became a scaredy cat again.

Imagine his state if he had not lost his memory. :( He would have razed the world himself to get her back. 

No, I don't think SOG would have killed himself. He is stronger and more stubborn than that. Not weak like the last protector. He would have gone to the Underworld and gotten her back for sure or created havoc on earth until heavens gave him JSM back.

I always knew JSM will die and SOG's death was just a fake out. It made no sense for an immortal to die when the ending was supposed to be SJ as a deity too. That way they will get their happy ever after but like you I am going to be forever bitter about the nonsense we got instead of the solid ending we and the OTP deserved.

Take your time in rewatching the show..everyone is different. For myself, I can distract myself by watching the previous episodes but that's not necessarily true for everyone. :)

I wonder what LSG and OYS said about the ending in the show.

22 minutes ago, Vincent Polo said:

Me too, I also watched episode 1 up to episode 4 yesterday for me to eventually let go. SOG stares from JSM at first till the last episodes gradually change from always saying to JSM "I want you to choose me to eat you to I want you to hold me and believe in me tag lines. From always saying saranghanika nonchalantly  till saying it with pure conviction. From not minding JSM and thinking she's only a nuisance human being to making her his life and can't live without her. Arrghh my love for our OTP keeps stronger. Even the smallest detail were shown in each episode and now it makes my heart ache when I saw it clearly. Like the one when JSM said that she don't have anyone but herself then SOG immediately said that I'm now here, I will be by your side remarks gave such huge impact to me. I guessed it will take a year for me to move on just like when I watch Goblin :D

From smallest detail in the beginning to exposition fairy in the end where we have to imagine him rescuing and living happily ever after with JSM. How the writer messed up.  :angry:

I dunno how long it will take for me. With SHR, I stopped watching after episode 14 or 15 so the end never bothered me. With Goblin, I was more about the second couple and they got their happy ever after so I never had any problem with it either. I knew Black will have a sad ending since the hero was a grim reaper so I never watched it. I barely got through episode 4 of BOTWG before just reading the recaps so it never bothered me too. Black Knight's sad ending made me really angry so I didn't feel any heartbreak. But Hwayugi..I got emotionally attached to the OTP so, I have no idea how long it will take me to get over it. I am not going to forget this betrayal by Hong sisters ever. <_<

• Like 8

True for Goblin,  i was more attached to the 2nd lead too. I was a bit uncomfortable with the girl being a high school student .

Although  i feel that the ending for the Goblin himself was very very unfair but  Eun Taek got  her moment of happiness. She got to  marry her groom, smile happily and have friend while Jin sun mi? Sigh...

like i said the comfort i get is  at least  no amount of love from the whole world can be compared to The Great Sage love for Sunmi. I'm absolutely sure that he will get her back .

SHR was painful too but i watched the Chinese version first so  i felt that the ending for the Korean version was much lighter than the original ending. Man in the original version the  female lead suffering was pure torture with tragic ending like suicide all around the characters. 

I watched this drama after AOY. That drama sad open ending  broke me like crazy too and knowing that even there is a next season, my otp will end sadly i just can't watch any drama since then.

I watch Hwayugi because i'm a big fan of OYS (My sassy girl was disappointing) so i had no high expectation but the first ep already got me hooked to the story and otp so much. As the story goes on,  i fell in love with everything even  the angsts were so on point.

Moreover, the  chemistry is unbeatable. Up to ep 18.. they gave us big clue and hints that it's def will be a happy ending.

1. The previous samjang protector warning him to never let Sunmi go

2. The baby

3. The peddler  telling OG that he can change this fate

4 . Sunmi gaining power and getting stronger

then i got betrayed so badly with Sunmi dying in KDS's hand. They never showed her getting rewarded... even after dying she can't die in peace because OG is broken . She came back to him for only a day as wandering spirit... gosh....

how come that peddlee never appear again? I thought she will hold a very big role in reviving Sunmi just like the original JTTW.

it will take me a long time to get over this drama and the otp will still be no.1 in my heart.

I'm gonna watch all crime and horror genres right now

i think LSG expressed some disappointment in the ending too. He said it's inconsistent? But he tried his best.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, haymochi said:

True for Goblin,  i was more attached to the 2nd lead too. I was a bit uncomfortable with the girl being a high school student .

Although  i feel that the ending for the Goblin himself was very very unfair but  Eun Taek got  her moment of happiness. She got to  marry her groom, smile happily and have friend while Jin sun mi? Sigh...

like i said the comfort i get is  at least  no amount of love from the whole world can be compared to The Great Sage love for Sunmi. I'm absolutely sure that he will get her back .

SHR was painful too but i watched the Chinese version first so  i felt that the ending for the Korean version was much lighter than the original ending. Man in the original version the  female lead suffering was pure torture with tragic ending like suicide all around the characters. 

I watched this drama after AOY. That drama sad open ending  broke me like crazy too and knowing that even there is a next season, my otp will end sadly i just can't watch any drama since then.

I watch Hwayugi because i'm a big fan of OYS (My sassy girl was disappointing) so i had no high expectation but the first ep already got me hooked to the story and otp so much. As the story goes on,  i fell in love with everything even  the angsts were so on point.

Moreover, the  chemistry is unbeatable. Up to ep 18.. they gave us big clue and hints that it's def will be a happy ending.

1. The previous samjang protector warning him to never let Sunmi go

2. The baby

3. The peddler  telling OG that he can change this fate

4 . Sunmi gaining power and getting stronger

then i got betrayed so badly with Sunmi dying in KDS's hand. They never showed her getting rewarded... even after dying she can't die in peace because OG is broken . She came back to him for only a day as wandering spirit... gosh....

how come that peddlee never appear again? I thought she will hold a very big role in reviving Sunmi just like the original JTTW.

it will take me a long time to get over this drama and the otp will still be no.1 in my heart.

I'm gonna watch all crime and horror genres right now

i think LSG expressed some disappointment in the ending too. He said it's inconsistent? But he tried his best.

Don't remind me. The heroine being a High School girl really creeped me out..plus that "Ahjusshi" "Ahjusshi, I love you." *shudders* I literally skipped their scenes it was so icky to me.

That is true though ET got her happy moments and friends but JSM was such a tragic figure from her birth till death. I think the only people affected truly by her death were SOG and LHJ. I cried when LHJ cried for his CEO. :( Which makes me wonder what happened to the SOG being the CEO of M group? And when JSM got stabbed, why didn't the GGG give him pain to show that she is in pain/danger? The elders were just holding him there..the GGG should have still let him know....wait..the GGG was no longer connected to JSM right? SOG was the master of it. No wonder he didn't get teleported to her when she got stabbed. So many unanswered questions...it's sad. When I don't get proper closure, it gets hard for me to move on.

BTW, I am absolutely sure SOG will get JSM too and they have have a happy ever after.

What I loved about Hwayugi was that the angst was not manufactured..it made sense. That's why  I got so invested in the couple and I was eager to see how they will fight the heavens and get their happy ever after..sadly it wasn't meant to be. I feel cheated after, like you pointed out, all the clues we got for the happy ever after. What a waste..the biggest being JSM killed by KDS and all her powers not being used. That was such a WTF moment for me. SOG didn't even know about KDS killing JSM.

Tell me about it, I was so angry when JSM didn't get rewarded after all she went through. It's a good thing she has her SOG who will force the heavens to give her a happy ever after with him.

But she did die in peace thinking his love will end and he won't feel any pain. It's only after he confessed his love when her soul came back did she realize how much pain he will be and agreed to wait and be with him. Even though she knows that the heavens will punish them..she would rather get punished with him than leave him alone in pain forever. This makes me wish SOG had told her about the GGG being useless...she would have fought to save both their lives instead of just his.

Wait, what? What was the peddlers role supposed to be in reviving JSM? I don't know anything about this.

Ah, he said that? Good..not the bricks and bats the writers deserve but still his disappointment is clear. Has OYS said anything about her disappointment?

• Like 8

Since the death of female chars were mentioned....in the original chinese novel Journey To The West...

Spoiler

if u list out all the male demons and female demons...the ratio is typically more male than female. But the ratio of deaths in female group is much higher...almost all were killed...think except 2...the Iron Fan Princess and the Jade Rabbit from the moon. The jade rabbit case is also an observation that many demons who aren't killed..are often rider beasts or pets of the gods. If otherwise, all including weak demon followers were not let off.

So the novel in a way is hinting at social unfairness and stuff...and also male-female inequality in ancient china. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

Don't remind me. The heroine being a High School girl really creeped me out..plus that "Ahjusshi" "Ahjusshi, I love you." *shudders* I literally skipped their scenes it was so icky to me.

That is true though ET got her happy moments and friends but JSM was such a tragic figure from her birth till death. I think the only people affected truly by her death were SOG and LHJ. I cried when LHJ cried for his CEO. :( Which makes me wonder what happened to the SOG being the CEO of M group? And when JSM got stabbed, why didn't the GGG give him pain to show that she is in pain/danger? The elders were just holding him there..the GGG should have still let him know....wait..the GGG was no longer connected to JSM right? SOG was the master of it. No wonder he didn't get teleported to her when she got stabbed. So many unanswered questions...it's sad. When I don't get proper closure, it gets hard for me to move on.

BTW, I am absolutely sure SOG will get JSM too and they have have a happy ever after.

What I loved about Hwayugi was that the angst was not manufactured..it made sense. That's why  I got so invested in the couple and I was eager to see how they will fight the heavens and get their happy ever after..sadly it wasn't meant to be. I feel cheated after, like you pointed out, all the clues we got for the happy ever after. What a waste..the biggest being JSM killed by KDS and all her powers not being used. That was such a WTF moment for me. SOG didn't even know about KDS killing JSM.

Tell me about it, I was so angry when JSM didn't get rewarded after all she went through. It's a good thing she has her SOG who will force the heavens to give her a happy ever after with him.

But she did die in peace thinking his love will end and he won't feel any pain. It's only after he confessed his love when her soul came back did she realize how much pain he will be and agreed to wait and be with him. Even though she knows that the heavens will punish them..she would rather get punished with him than leave him alone in pain forever. This makes me wish SOG had told her about the GGG being useless...she would have fought to save both their lives instead of just his.

Wait, what? What was the peddlers role supposed to be in reviving JSM? I don't know anything about this.

Ah, he said that? Good..not the bricks and bats the writers deserve but still his disappointment is clear. Has OYS said anything about her disappointment?

It's just that a lot of people thought the  Peddler  was an interpretation from Goddes of Guan Yin which held a very strong role in saving the monk in the original JTTW.

when i was watching  Hwayugi and watched ep 16, i really thought she was one.. if not she must be a very powerful deity at least.

about the GGG since OG has overcome it, it actually has no more effect. He was just wearing it so if he vanished, Sunmi will interpret it as him running away after his feeling is all gone.

I feel so bitter that OG didn't know that KDS was the one who killed Sunmi.. gosh

it would have been more impactful if she did summon the dragon and she stabbed herself.

First it was vamp ASN and now KDS. They all turned out to be very lame villains lol...

with the Akiko girl appearing.i thought they gonna form a devilish circle or something :D 

Don't remind me of KDS running away like a chicken after stabbing Sunmi.. what was that???

they would have been spared from being ridiculed with the  CG  if they fought the evil Akiko or possesed Kang Dae Sung instead.

the last 2 eps were disappointing (except for the blissful night and morning scenes  of course). Ep 18 was so awesome that i put my expectations too high... Hong sisters must be possesed when they were writing for the last 2 eps tsk tsk

kinda wish i have the power to turn back time and ask them to rewrite ep 19 and 20

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, haymochi said:

It's just that a lot of people thought the  Peddler  was an interpretation from Goddes of Guan Yin which held a very strong role in saving the monk in the original JTTW.

when i was watching  Hwayugi and watched ep 16, i really thought she was one.. if not she must be a very powerful deity at least.

about the GGG since OG has overcome it, it actually has no more effect. He was just wearing it so if he vanished, Sunmi will interpret it as him running away after his feeling is all gone.

I feel so bitter that OG didn't know that KDS was the one who killed Sunmi.. gosh

it would have been more impactful if she did summon the dragon and she stabbed herself.

First it was vamp ASN and now KDS. They all turned out to be very lame villains lol...

with the Akiko girl appearing.i thought they gonna form a devilish circle or something :D 

Don't remind me of KDS running away like a chicken after stabbing Sunmi.. what was that???

they would have been spared from being ridiculed with the  CG  if they fought the evil Akiko or possesed Kang Dae Sung instead.

the last 2 eps were disappointing (except for the blissful night and morning scenes  of course). Ep 18 was so awesome that i put my expectations too high... Hong sisters must be possesed when they were writing for the last 2 eps tsk tsk

kinda wish i have the power to turn back time and ask them to rewrite ep 19 and 20

JSM stabbing herself after the Dragon entered her would have been very impactful. Her death was a waste in my opinion. Especially since SOG didn't even know how it happened..maybe he thought she stabbed herself? Or maybe he had an inkling that it was KDS but he was too busy with fighting off the Dragon and then too shattered to do anything about it? If his memory had remained intact, I am sure he would have gone to KDS to exact revenge. It would have stopped his promotion to being a deity so maybe the amnesia was kind of a good thing. I would have liked to see JSM back and with SOG in front of KDS..his terror would have been enjoyable. It's sad but the writers missed out on so many emotionally rich possibilities. Especially since all the villains were so lame.

After all the bride teases, I really thought the show will end with SOG marrying JSM and them having the baby who looks exactly like the baby that Heron protector sent. I am guessing she thought the baby was just SOG's since JSM was supposed to be killed by him.

Ah, what I wouldn't give for a time turner so force the Hong sisters to change the ending. Because right now, I've changed my mind. I don't want a Season 2 because there will be a chance that LSG and OYS may not be available. I'd rather take the implied happy ending over seeing some new actors playing SOG or JSM and getting their happy ever after. That would just make me so murderously mad. <_<:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Soompi article on the finale.

... the big climactic battle that “Hwayugi” has been building up to was… well, rather anticlimactic. This is largely because the finale missed the mark with its treatment of Sun Mi: we hear for weeks that Sun Mi has an important world-saving job that only she, as Sam Jang, can carry out…

Only for Sun Mi to be stabbed by Kang Dae Sung before she is able to actually perform this role. And while this death fulfilled Sun Mi’s own wish to not be killed by Oh Gong, it felt like a waste, especially after all the hardships she experienced throughout her life for the sake of being Sam Jang.

There is some redemption in the fact that it is only through his love for Sun Mi that Oh Gong is ultimately able to defeat the dragon, but “Hwayugi” missed its potential by not giving its heroine a world-saving moment, instead sacrificing Sun Mi to give Oh Gong a battle scene....

.....And if we hadn’t loved Bu Ja (Lee Se Young) so much, we wouldn’t be so outraged that “Hwayugi” spent weeks tricking us into believing there was a chance that the sweet zombie was still alive, only to unceremoniously inform us in the finale that she has been gone ever since Asanyeo took over her body.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/08/hwayugi-finale-offers-bittersweet-fitting-ending/

• Like 5

11 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

BTW, I think even SOG mentioned that they "Buja, SF, Prince...even SOG himself" will disappear when they die. He said so to Frosty when he instructed him on what to tell JSM if he shattered/broke to pieces during his fight with the evil Dragon and disappeared. Even the Prince said that he will disappear when he puts out the fire that was killing PK. 

But does "disappear" mean gone forever? I really doubt it. Gone from this world but I would imagine they get sent to the same underworld for another cycle too? (Looks like in the original story PK was originally in the heavenly realms but got himself banished to earth as a punishment and accidentally got reincarnated half-pig-demon instead of human and retained his memories. So if he got reincarnated, I would think Summer Fairy and Dragon Prince will be too?)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

But does "disappear" mean gone forever? I really doubt it. Gone from this world but I would imagine they get sent to the same underworld for another cycle too? (Looks like in the original story PK was originally in the heavenly realms but got himself banished to earth as a punishment and accidentally got reincarnated half-pig-demon instead of human and retained his memories. So if he got reincarnated, I would think Summer Fairy and Dragon Prince will be too?)

Really? I don't know the backstory of PK as he was a very minor character in the show. Since the show said disappear, I took it literally. Maybe they use disappear for demons and deities since they are technically already dead?

That's why i thought Hong sisters failed to bring out the other characters so much.

PK almost have no significance in the drama other than being fooled by ASN again and again or doing stupid things.

Heck yeah, even GF role holds more importance then him

He and Sa Oh Jeong are in the main poster too so i thought these characters will work together in fighting the big villain.

Thorough the drama, it's always Sunmi cutting herself, using herself as bait, and OG working along and protecting her.

Even until the end only these two fight till death. 

Forever bitter for making me believed  a happy ending with their wedding (it's been promised for so many times!!) , Sunmi suffering and dying in vain broke my heart. It made me think  that the writer wants to leave the cool and suave fight for the male lead. 

Buja still responded to Sunmi calling her in ep 18 made me believed that she is still there too. I got duped.. she died in vain till the end with no closure..

i wanna move on but i can't lol. This is what happened when you fell in love with a drama otp too much. Why must they have such good chemistry that i keep longing for more??!! :bawling:

This is so heartbreaking

• Like 13

Agggh! I'm still angry. How could they let Buja suffer so much? She never got to see her mother for the last time. She never got say goodbye to PK. She never got to die beautifully. Why did the writers have to make her the vessel for ASN? I was hoping for her to come back but she never did. They fooled us into thinking that she was still in the body. She never got to see her killer be avenged. Why? Why? This as a fantasy drama, if they could bring back SunMi back as a spirit for one day. Why couldn't they bring her back? PK saw ASN die. Buja had already disappeared.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I am now watching Medical TOP Team. 

For or those who watched it, there was a little girl who was very sick towards the beginning of the series. 

Is she the same actress who plays the young JSM? If so then this is the second drama she is with OYS.  

Just a little tidbit. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, madinked said:

I am now watching Medical TOP Team. 

For or those who watched it, there was a little girl who was very sick towards the beginning of the series. 

Is she the same actress who plays the young JSM? If so then this is the second drama she is with OYS.  

Just a little tidbit. 

Ooowh medical top team

OYS character got sick and almost died again in that drama :D:D

still at least she got her happy ending lol

50 minutes ago, norakim said:

Agggh! I'm still angry. How could they let Buja suffer so much? She never got to see her mother for the last time. She never got say goodbye to PK. She never got to die beautifully. Why did the writers have to make her the vessel for ASN? I was hoping for her to come back but she never did. They fooled us into thinking that she was still in the body. She never got to see her killer be avenged. Why? Why? This as a fantasy drama, if they could bring back SunMi back as a spirit for one day. Why couldn't they bring her back? PK saw ASN die. Buja had already disappeared.    

Because Buja soul/ spirit was no longer there/ vanished  (feel cheated big time too  ). Sunmi is just in the land of dead so she is still there 

• Like 2

I'm doing a "Hwayugi" marathon and watching ep.1 made me feel so pitiful for SM. She was tortured and bullied throughout all her life. No one liked her. It's such a sad life for her and after her death at the end, I still dislike it very much. She didn't get what she deserved and wanted. That is to be with OG, whom she loved so much. 

However, I'm so grateful she met OG whom loved her the same even when it was forced from the beginning with the GGG. He slowly changed to love and care for the people around him. He is like the "ideal" lover you want. I only wish for the both of them to end up together, but it had to end tragically. 

I really wish their "happy ending" was shown onscreen. Where he went to the underworld to save her and they are able to be together even if the heavens permit it. That's why I am very disappointed that the Hong Sisters didn't really ended everyone's life appropriately. They added this and that but nothing was really satisfying at the end. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hi, guys,:) this is my mv for this beautiful drama...I put sooo many emotions in it:bawling:...Pls watch and tell me how it is:heart: it worth to watch:blush:...Thank You  

This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_fFOBscPUk 

song : dusk till dawn...Oh Gong and Seon Mi :bawling:lovestory

I really don't want to make you cry:bawling: bring your tissues and be ready:bawling:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2